PDA

View Full Version : Twin Cities Roll Call

JimmyJoe
09-27-2006, 11:03 PM
I know there were more than a few posters here that said that they were going to Minneapolis this weekend. Who's still making the trip? I'll be there for all three games.

Does anyone have any ideas for a meeting place? It'd be nice to be around Sox fans while up there.

chisoxmike
09-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Ugh. If I were you guys, I would sell those tickets, they are worth a lot of $$$$.

dllrbll7
09-28-2006, 12:15 AM
I know there were more than a few posters here that said that they were going to Minneapolis this weekend. Who's still making the trip? I'll be there for all three games.

Does anyone have any ideas for a meeting place? It'd be nice to be around Sox fans while up there.

I'll be there. Still don't have any tickets for any of the games yet. I'm staying at the hilton and will definately be looking to hang out for a few drinks.

NowBatting19
09-28-2006, 12:33 AM
I'll be there Saturday with a few friends in the upper deck behind home plate. My friend's parents live on a lake fairly close to the city...so I plan to do some reflecting on the season with fishing and beer.

I just have to make it back in time for the Bears on Sunday.

jenn2080
09-28-2006, 08:16 AM
I will be there Friday and Saturday. We are staying in the Hilton. Our tickets are in 218 and 220.

AuroraSoxFan
09-28-2006, 08:25 AM
I spent a while living in MPLS. You all should go to Gastov's on Fri or SAT night. They have a NICE Oktoberfest over there. If interested and need/want directions let me know. I'm sure that place has a website with a full lineup. If interested in other options let me know. There's a place called "Old Chicago Pizza" on Lake/Hennepin. Pizza sucks but they got like 300 beers in house or something. Place is also decked out wall to wall w/ Sox, Bears, Bulls (and sadly some cubs) stuff. It is probably a 10 min ride at the most from the crap dome.

Hangar18
09-28-2006, 08:33 AM
I'll be nowhere near Minneapolis. Definitely not in the mood to see the Twins celebrating with us playing them. Not to mention their fans, thats just asking for trouble up there. :angry:

jenn2080
09-28-2006, 08:38 AM
I spent a while living in MPLS. You all should go to Gastov's on Fri or SAT night. They have a NICE Oktoberfest over there. If interested and need/want directions let me know. I'm sure that place has a website with a full lineup. If interested in other options let me know. There's a place called "Old Chicago Pizza" on Lake/Hennepin. Pizza sucks but they got like 300 beers in house or something. Place is also decked out wall to wall w/ Sox, Bears, Bulls (and sadly some cubs) stuff. It is probably a 10 min ride at the most from the crap dome.

Are there some places by the Dome that we could all meet? Also where is this Oktoberfest. I would be interested.

Also not sadly they are part of Chicago like it or not.

I

whitesoxwilkes
09-28-2006, 09:04 AM
Are there some places by the Dome that we could all meet? Also where is this Oktoberfest. I would be interested.

Also not sadly they are part of Chicago like it or not.

I

Hubert's is the best sports bar option by the dome.

Look for the pics of Joe Nossek on the wall as a Twin.

Hubert's Bar & Restaurant

601 Chicago Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1733View Map (http://maps.citysearch.com/location/5589363)

jenn2080
09-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Hubert's is the best sports bar option by the dome.

Look for the pics of Joe Nossek on the wall as a Twin.

Here is the address

Hubert's Bar & Restaurant

601 Chicago Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1733

I elect this as the bar to go to. BTW this is a bar and grill so tea cups can get in also.

jenn2080
09-28-2006, 09:09 AM
Here is the map (http://maps.citysearch.com/location/5589363).

jenn2080
09-28-2006, 09:13 AM

Is this what you were talking about?

http://www.gasthofzg.com/

Cat Thief
09-28-2006, 09:21 AM
Ugh. If I were you guys, I would sell those tickets, they are worth a lot of $$$$.

$35 for a ticket in left center for Fri or Sat on Ebay right now. 20 available for BIN.

AuroraSoxFan
09-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Grumpy's is another option just 2 blocks or so from the dome. Kind of a dump but it will work for a few before/after the game to let traffic die down or something. you may actually be able to park there i think. but dont quote me on that. I have parked there for games before. But it is possible i shouldnt have and got away with it.

AuroraSoxFan
09-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Is this what you were talking about?

http://www.gasthofzg.com/

that's the place. the tent setup they have is HUGE! but it is a little ways from the dome/hilton. you'd have to have a DD or cab it or something. get the number to a cab outfit there if that's what you are gonna do. They are 10X harder to come by than what you are used to. But if you call 1st you'll be fine.

jenn2080
09-28-2006, 09:45 AM
that's the place. the tent setup they have is HUGE! but it is a little ways from the dome/hilton. you'd have to have a DD or cab it or something. get the number to a cab outfit there if that's what you are gonna do. They are 10X harder to come by than what you are used to. But if you call 1st you'll be fine.

This may possibly be a stupid question but can my brother get in? He is 19. I know the German bar we went to in Kentucky let him in.

AuroraSoxFan
09-28-2006, 09:55 AM
This may possibly be a stupid question but can my brother get in? He is 19. I know the German bar we went to in Kentucky let him in.

There are some places he'd be able to get into. but with as crowded as that place gets, I really doubt that is one of them.

Another thing, if you are going to hit the Oktoberfest there, try to get there early. It is a pretty popular bash and if you don't get there early you WILL have to stand outside waiting in line.

jenn2080
09-28-2006, 09:58 AM
There are some places he'd be able to get into. but with as crowded as that place gets, I really doubt that is one of them.

Another thing, if you are going to hit the Oktoberfest there, try to get there early. It is a pretty popular bash and if you don't get there early you WILL have to stand outside waiting in line.

I am not trying to sneak him in. But some of those places are all ages.

whitesoxwilkes
09-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Grumpy's is another option just 2 blocks or so from the dome. Kind of a dump but it will work for a few before/after the game to let traffic die down or something. you may actually be able to park there i think. but dont quote me on that. I have parked there for games before. But it is possible i shouldnt have and got away with it.

I've been to Grumpy's as well. Not a bad place, but kinda small.

AuroraSoxFan
09-28-2006, 10:02 AM
I am not trying to sneak him in. But some of those places are all ages.

Lotta places there are 18 to get in, 21 to booze. I just doubt that place is one of those age friendly outfits due to the large turnout they get for the Oktoberfest. But if needed, you could give them a ring and ask or something. Should be some #s on the website you found.

Skorch
09-28-2006, 10:03 AM
I spent a while living in MPLS. You all should go to Gastov's on Fri or SAT night. They have a NICE Oktoberfest over there. If interested and need/want directions let me know. I'm sure that place has a website with a full lineup.

As someone posted earlier the website is http://www.gasthofzg.com and AuroraSoxFan is 100% correct, their Oktoberfest is a great time. I used to go every year and drink myself blind. BRING CAB FARE! Be sure to head downstairs to the Kellar shortly before the tent outside closes up so you can get a table (they have long picnic-style tables down there, meant to be shared with many strangers). Get your table a boot of Hacker Pschorr to share and hang on. The uninitiated will learn the rules about drinking from the boot soon enough.

jenn2080
09-28-2006, 10:07 AM
As someone posted earlier the website is http://www.gasthofzg.com and AuroraSoxFan is 100% correct, their Oktoberfest is a great time. I used to go every year and drink myself blind. BRING CAB FARE! Be sure to head downstairs to the Kellar shortly before the tent outside closes up so you can get a table (they have long picnic-style tables down there, meant to be shared with many strangers). Get your table a boot of Hacker Pschorr to share and hang on. The uninitiated will learn the rules about drinking from the boot soon enough.

OH I am pumped! Look out Minn!

jenn2080
09-28-2006, 10:09 AM
I'll be there. Still don't have any tickets for any of the games yet. I'm staying at the hilton and will definately be looking to hang out for a few drinks.

I have 3 tix for Sun game. PM if you are interested.

JimmyJoe
10-01-2006, 07:11 PM

Was anyone else here? My buddies and I went and had a blast! Thank God we got there early and got a table.

jenn2080
10-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Was anyone else here? My buddies and I went and had a blast! Thank God we got there early and got a table.

No we didnt end up going. We went to some bars down the street from our hotel. GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES!

JimmyJoe
10-01-2006, 09:32 PM
No we didnt end up going. We went to some bars down the street from our hotel. GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES!

We hit The Local, right around the corner from the Hilton, on Friday night after the game. Good time. Lots of Sox fans in there.