PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Twins' stat

caulfield12
09-27-2006, 10:55 PM
They've won 35 of their last 50 home games and have the best home record in baseball. I'm not even sure we've won 35 games total the last four months, lol.

I wonder if their new stadium might not actually end up helping the rest of the AL Central in the long-term.

They certainly wouldn't have won in 87 and 91 without the Metrodome and Homer Hankies.

MadetoOrta
09-27-2006, 10:58 PM
I've thought that for a long time. On the flipside, playing outdoors might actually help the Vikings. It was a huge advantage for the Vikes in the '70's.

Playing baseball outdoors on grass is real baseball. That Twinkie crap is not. I hope they're one and done. The Tigers? I like Leyland and I like the makeup of their club. With that said ......................

GO YANKEES!

Nellie_Fox
09-28-2006, 12:00 AM
I've thought that for a long time. On the flipside, playing outdoors might actually help the Vikings. It was a huge advantage for the Vikes in the '70's. The Vikings don't have a stadium deal yet. The new Twins stadium will be a baseball-only facility. The Vikings are still stuck in the Humpdome for a while.

ondafarm
09-28-2006, 12:08 AM
The Vikings don't have a stadium deal yet. The new Twins stadium will be a baseball-only facility. The Vikings are still stuck in the Humpdome for a while.

I think the Vikings like the H-dome.

Removing the Twins from the Metrodome will make them a mediocre team and Santana won't be anywhere near as deadly outdoors.