PDA

View Full Version : The heck with channel 5!

DumpJerry
09-27-2006, 11:30 PM
Sports report at 10:00 did not mention the White Sox. Of course, the Cubs game got covered.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Myrtle72
09-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Good thing I didn't watch it.

Chips
09-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Sports report at 10:00 did not mention the White Sox. Of course, the Cubs game got covered.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hey Dude, What's the score?

:whocares

The Dude
09-27-2006, 11:35 PM

Dump---- Flubsessed a bit????

Also, as Chips said - wrong forum.

HotelWhiteSox
09-27-2006, 11:37 PM
He's not talking about the Cubs, his point is being mad at NBC for ignoring the Sox (and mentioning the Cubs proves his point better, because they can't use 'meaningless game' or 'out of race' as an excuse)

Chips
09-27-2006, 11:38 PM
He's not talking about the Cubs, his point is being mad at NBC for ignoring the Sox (and mentioning the Cubs proves his point better, because they can't use 'meaningless game' or 'out of race' as an excuse)

And that is clubhouse material?

Kub_Killer_15
09-27-2006, 11:40 PM
Nothing new:rolleyes:

chisoxmike
09-27-2006, 11:40 PM

The Cubs are at home, the Sox arn't. That is how it works when both teams are done for the year, besides, the game was still in a rain delay anyway. I'm sure there were better things to talk about than the Sox AND the Cubs.

DumpJerry
09-27-2006, 11:44 PM

Also, as Chips said - wrong forum.

You'll have to excuse The Dude-he has emotional problems with the Cubs. Seems he wanted to be a fan of the team, but he got laughed at for being unable to throw back a home run ball from behind the third row in the bleachers.

Ask him what is his favorite beer. It's Old Style! Yup. He brought Old Style to the tailgates with the Cub logo on the cans and proclaimed his love for that "beer!"

jenn2080
09-27-2006, 11:46 PM
You'll have to excuse The Dude-he has emotional problems with the Cubs. Seems he wanted to be a fan of the team, but he got laughed at for being unable to throw back a home run ball from behind the third row in the bleachers.

Ask him what is his favorite beer. It's Old Style! Yup. He brought Old Style to the tailgates with the Cub logo on the cans and proclaimed his love for that "beer!"

LAME! I have bought Old Style and drank it while waiting in line for a patio party.

Chips
09-27-2006, 11:46 PM

Dude's favorite beer is Budwesier.

The Dude
09-27-2006, 11:49 PM

Teal?

Second paragraph. I brought non-Cubs Old style to ONE of the tailgates. I also don't really enjoy it, it was just on sale! You know I'm a Bud man! Wait, bud is a Cubs beer too, damn you Dump!

ChetChat
09-27-2006, 11:50 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Whew! Dump's on a role lately. Time to talk skiing and move over to the Parking Lot for the season, Dump :wink:

Martinigirl
09-27-2006, 11:53 PM
The Cubs are at home, the Sox arn't. That is how it works when both teams are done for the year, besides, the game was still in a rain delay anyway. I'm sure there were better things to talk about than the Sox AND the Cubs.

Channel 5 sports is a joke, but they should still mention the TWO baseball teams in the city. Being home or away shouldn't matter.

And until the season is over, they should give the scores, as painful as they might be.

DumpJerry
09-28-2006, 01:06 AM
Teal?

Second paragraph. I brought non-Cubs Old style to ONE of the tailgates. I also don't really enjoy it, it was just on sale! You know I'm a Bud man! Wait, bud is a Cubs beer too, damn you Dump!

Touchy touchy. Usually a defensive response is a guilty one.

Whew! Dump's on a role lately. Time to talk skiing and move over to the Parking Lot for the season, Dump :wink:

What role have I been on? My wheels keep rolling on and on......

The Dude
09-28-2006, 01:32 AM
Touchy touchy. Usually a defensive response is a guilty one.

What role have I been on? My wheels keep rolling on and on......

Maybe I'll buy you an Cubs flavored Old Style if you come out to the funeral game on sunday!:redneck

SouthSide_HitMen
09-28-2006, 03:50 AM

Ask him what is his favorite beer. It's Old Style! Yup.

You have The Dude confused with your neighbor friend whose name rhymes with pleases (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGEw16h-ckk).

http://www.further.com/~dknuth/pics/cubs/bleachers.jpg <----- For all you do, this Bud's for Dude!!!

Harry Caray - Sox Fan, Bud Man :cool:

DumpJerry
09-28-2006, 08:02 AM
Maybe I'll buy you an Cubs flavored Old Style if you come out to the funeral game on sunday!:redneck
Didn't drink tha garbage in high school, won't do it now. I was a Stroh's guy in high school for a really good reason.

Standing Ovation
09-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Channel 5 can skip the Sox all they want (now that they're out of it), as long as Paula Feris keeps showing up. She's been looking damn good lately.

Hangar18
09-28-2006, 09:46 AM

How is this considered "flubsessed", when hes merely wondering (and rightly so) why the SOX were skipped over in their own television market??

jenn2080
09-28-2006, 09:58 AM
I was watching this morning and they covered them. Gave highlights and all.

itsnotrequired
09-28-2006, 09:59 AM

Liar! You must be watching the news through Sox-tinted glasses! Everyone knows NBC5 hates the Sox!

Hangar18
09-28-2006, 10:19 AM

"I was watching sports report at 10pm ...." He referred clearly to last NITES telecast. not this morning

Law11
09-28-2006, 10:28 AM
I'll take 5 minutes with Paula Farris with or without the Sox.

BanditJimmy
09-28-2006, 10:51 AM
We received plenty of coverage from all the news outlets from September of last year until Yesterday (I guess).

I don't see how it's a big deal to not get coverage 1 damn night of the whole year (on a meaningless game which at the time was on a rain delay). I just think us Sox fans worry too much about stupid things like this.

DumpJerry
09-28-2006, 11:15 AM
How is this considered "flubsessed", when hes merely wondering (and rightly so) why the SOX were skipped over in their own television market??
I'm convinced that The Dude was dissed by a female Cub fan and he's taking out his anger on anyone who acknowledges that the team exists regardless of whether or not the comment was negative about the Cubs.

Yes, I was referring to the 10:00 broadcast last night. BTW, boys, Paula F. is married.

chisoxmike
09-28-2006, 12:17 PM
BTW, boys, Paula F. is married.

Yes, you are correct sir.

Law11
09-28-2006, 04:36 PM
Yes, I was referring to the 10:00 broadcast last night. BTW, boys, Paula F. is married.

So am I... but for 5 minutes I get locked in on Channel 5... for the sports of course...

shoelessshaun27!
09-30-2006, 12:30 AM

Well for one why does it matter, Sox are done and for 2 why would you be watching NBC, if you want to watch sports watch ESPN or Comcast. I only watch NBC for Conan, my name is Earl and the Office, they are not that great of a channel, they prove that by not showing the Sox.

DumpJerry
09-30-2006, 12:32 AM
Well for one why does it matter, Sox are done and for 2 why would you be watching NBC, if you want to watch sports watch ESPN or Comcast. I only watch NBC for Conan, my name is Earl and the Office, they are not that great of a channel, they prove that by not showing the Sox.
ESPN covers sports?:?:

SOXSINCE'70
09-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Hey Dude, What's the score?

:whocares

My sentiments exactly.In the words of Ken Harrelson,"Screw 'em!!"