PDA

View Full Version : Albert ****ing Pujols!

South Side Irish
09-27-2006, 10:02 PM
With the Cards reeling, and at historic proportions, they need to win tonight and watch Houston lose. Houston can't possibly come to 1/2 game and just 4 games left to play...

10 minutes ago, it looked like this: Cards down 2-1 in the bottom of the 8th, and Houston having rallied in the 9th to tie their game against the Pirates (now in the 12th). Albert Pujols launches a (potentially) game winning 3-run homerun to give the Cards a 4-2 lead. Now, that crap bullpen has to save the game, but that, right there folks, is your NL MVP.

You can have your burger-loving, home run jacking Ryan Howard. Give me the dude that wins games, and does at a Willie Mays level (now 19 game winning HR's). Not to mention he's leading a AA team right now. Proof? Who scored on his HR?

John Nelson and Aaron Miles.

Ryan Howard could only dream of making a team this Cub-like even resemble a playoff team. Albert Pujols is your NL MVP, and not one person can present a reasonable arguement. Go'head. You can't do it. :cool:

JUribe1989
09-27-2006, 10:08 PM
With the Cards reeling, and at historic proportions, they need to win tonight and watch Houston lose. Houston can't possibly come to 1/2 game and just 4 games left to play...

10 minutes ago, it looked like this: Cards down 2-1 in the bottom of the 8th, and Houston having rallied in the 9th to tie their game against the Pirates (now in the 12th). Albert Pujols launches a (potentially) game winning 3-run homerun to give the Cards a 4-2 lead. Now, that crap bullpen has to save the game, but that, right there folks, is your NL MVP.

You can have your burger-loving, home run jacking Ryan Howard. Give me the dude that wins games, and does at a Willie Mays level (now 19 game winning HR's). Not to mention he's leading a AA team right now. Proof? Who scored on his HR?

John Nelson and Aaron Miles.

Ryan Howard could only dream of making a team this Cub-like even resemble a playoff team. Albert Pujols is your NL MVP, and not one person can present a reasonable arguement. Go'head. You can't do it. :cool:

Yeah.....Ryan Howard is hitting .316 with 58 HR and 146 RBI. He's damn good, and he fields his position very well.

Over By There
09-28-2006, 08:14 AM
I heard Rooney's call of the homer on the radio this morning... I forgot how much I missed hearing, "it's a goner!"

russ99
09-28-2006, 10:40 AM
Thank goodness the Astros tied their game in the 9th (with 2 outs) and won it in the 15th to stay 1.5 back.

Oswalt's going for them today vs. the Pirates at 11:25!!!, but you'd think those guys will be tired after last night.

Go Brewers!!!! :tongue:

BTW: Reds are done - 3.5 back with 4 to play.