PDA

View Full Version : Despised teams

MarqSox
07-30-2001, 05:30 PM
My trip to Boston and the amazement I had at their pure hatred of the Yankees inspired this one.

KingXerxes
07-30-2001, 05:37 PM
I would like to vote for The Minnesota North Stars even though they are neither on the list, nor in existence any more. I hate them for all of eternity.

Daver
07-30-2001, 05:37 PM
The Chicago Bears and the McCaskey family for forcing me to become a Vikings fan.

Mathew
07-30-2001, 05:40 PM
Why would anyone hate the Expos?

ma-gaga
07-30-2001, 06:11 PM
King Xerxes,
why do you hate the minny northstars? I'm old enough to remember them, but not old enough to know why you'd hate them.

For the record, i hate the Dallas Stars.

Mathew
07-30-2001, 06:13 PM
I loved the North Stars, I hated Pittsburgh

LongDistanceFan
07-30-2001, 06:53 PM
baseball- tie nyy and cubs
hockey - red wings
football - cowboys
basketball - lakers always been them

FarWestChicago
07-30-2001, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
baseball- tie nyy and cubs
hockey - red wings
football - cowboys
basketball - lakers always been them

That's a damn good list, LDF. Those are some hateable teams.

Mathew
07-30-2001, 07:18 PM
Blue Jays
Browns
Canadiens
knickerbackers

BigKlu59
07-30-2001, 07:22 PM
Yankmees/Wahoos...we're talking Sox Fan here.. Cubs dont exist
Dead Things/Habs
Friggen Packers
90's Knickerbockers....Thugs...Nuff said
:bigklu

WinningUgly!
07-30-2001, 08:17 PM
MLB-sCrUBS/Tribe a close 2nd
NFL-Packers
NBA-Any Team Scottie Pippen plays for
NHL-Red Wings
NCAA Hoops-Duke

doublem23
07-30-2001, 09:41 PM
Okay, here's my list:

MLB - 'Toons! (I'm to young to remember the days of the Yankees-Sox rivalry, but I do HATE Cleveland with a passion.) followed closely by the Cubs - It feels better to beat them, but its not as important.

NBA - Hmmmm... I don't know. I'm not really an NBA fan, but I don't like the Knicks.

NHL - I don't care, but I have a hatred for Detroit & Pittsburgh.

NFL - ****in Packers. ****in Packers.

Colleges - I HATE Michigan, North Carolina, Duke, & any team in Florida.

KingXerxes
07-30-2001, 09:52 PM
Dino Ciccarelli, Willie Plett, Ron Friest and all the other punks they had in the early 80's. My greatest sports memories are of the beloved Blackhawks opening a big can of whoop-ass all over them ever year in the playoffs. I hated their fans who used to come down to the Stadium, I hated their "rink", their uniforms and even their Andy Frain ushers.

Spiff
07-30-2001, 10:49 PM
MLB- Yankees, Indians, developing a severe distaste for the Twinkies

NBA- Lakers, Rockets, and Knicks

NFL- Jets, Cowboys, Redskins, Eagles (guess who i do like heh)

NHL- Coyotes, Devils, Flyers

NCAA-Florida Florida Florida hate the Gators with a passion more than the all other teams in all other sports combined.

NUCatsFan
07-30-2001, 10:54 PM
Hmmmm

MLB -- Yankees (New Yorkers are so annoying about this...), followed by the Wahoos and the Flubs. The Gnats used to be on this list, but since they stopped using the Baja Boys song, I don't hate them as much.

NHL -- Wed Wings. No other team can compare.

NFL -- Packers. Nothing beats a Bears-Packers matchup. Close second would be the Cowboys, though. Similar reason as to why I hate the Yanks.

NBA -- Now this is a tough one. #1 would be the Knicks. History is too much to ignore. #2 is the Lakers. Spoiled fans, just like the Yanks and Cowboys. #3 is the Pistons. Anyone else remember those teams from the 80s? Dirtiest team in the league.

NCAA BBall -- Hmmm....I think I'll go with Duke as well. Still can't stand schools that sacrifice academics that much for their athletes. You really think any of those kids would qualify for Duke if they weren't athletes?

NCAA FBall -- No contest. Notre Dame. See Yankees, Cowboys and Lakers. Other top schools include Nebraska, FSU, UF, and Miami (Convict U.)

doublem23
07-30-2001, 11:04 PM
I don't really understand why we would hate Montreal. If anything, I figure Sox fans would feel their pain from '94...

And the Mets? Maybe I missed something, but I rather like them for 1969 and now for #4 - Robin Ventura. Oh well... I'm young and will learn to be bitter, I suppose.

Procol Harum
07-30-2001, 11:04 PM
Most despised:

Baseball: Yankees--they oughta have 666 engraved on their hats and uniforms.

Football: Bears.

NBA: Lakers, with Knicks a close second.

College: Dook, Notre Lame, UCLA, USC.

Tragg
07-30-2001, 11:06 PM
You need texas in your poll. ONe worthless organization that I despised when they were in our division.

I didn't hate the Cubs either until the internet; I guess it's because I didn't know any chisox fans.

danman31
07-30-2001, 11:27 PM
MLB-This year I hate the Twins the most. I also don't like the Indians or Cubs, they are #2 and #3 in no order. I don't want the Yankees to keep winning, but I don't hate them like those other 3.

NBA-I hate the Lakers #1. #2-Pacers, Reggie's ugly ears piss me off. #3-Knicks, I hated the brusers and esp. John Starks.

NHL-Red Wings, I don't like hockey too much, but the Chicagoan in me hates the Red Wings.

NFL-#1-Packers, I hate their colors, I hate their stadium, and I hate their fans. #2-Cowboys

Colleges-Duke and Florida St.

Streets
07-31-2001, 12:42 AM
MLB- the damn yankees, scrubs close 2nd
NFL- don't really like football but the Ravens
NBA- Knicks
NHL-Detroit
NCAA- Florida St. (any ND fan should know why-the stolen National Championship) "oh did you just get caught for stealing hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise, well you'll just have to sit out one measly game for that one mister"

i ate canada
07-31-2001, 12:51 AM
The Twins, I hate everything about them. The cubs, cause they're the cubs. And the A's. but thats really more jealousy than hate.

FarWestChicago
07-31-2001, 12:57 AM
The Twins, I hate everything about them. The cubs, cause they're the cubs. And the A's. but thats really more jealousy than hate.

The A's would be my second favorite team if they were in the NL. I've had a lot of great times at their park, and they are kind of like us. The Giant's are the Flubbies in this area. But, them being in the AL keeps me from adopting them as number 2.

Jerry_Manuel
07-31-2001, 01:00 AM
And the A's. but thats really more jealousy than hate.

:KW
Well you can't be jealous of them because of their General Manager. You are looking at who tons of people around the league call the "Best in the business" Kenny Williams.

Bmr31
07-31-2001, 01:05 AM
Dont let "west" fool you, he is a HUGE giants fan!!!!

Jerry_Manuel
07-31-2001, 01:09 AM
Dont let "west" fool you, he is a HUGE giants fan!!!!

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/3774.jpg
Yeah West I love the Giants to!

FarWestChicago
07-31-2001, 01:14 AM
BMR and Jerry must die! The Giants are Flubs West!

CLR01
07-31-2001, 01:14 AM
MLB- The Indians.

NHL-Detroit (is it possible for a hwaks fan to not hate them? See Kings response to why he hates the N-stars, that pretty much sums it up.)

NFL-Buffalo, NY Jets, Indy, Dallas, and St Louis's fans (They began coming back down to earth last year, hopefully they will hit the ground soon.

NBA-who cares why is this even a sport?

NCAA- everything, impossible for the smaller schools to recruit and compete against the larger schools because they dont have the money.

Jerry_Manuel
07-31-2001, 01:20 AM
BMR and Jerry must die! The Giants are Flubs West!

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5103.jpg
I agree West, San Francisco sucks.

ode to veeck
07-31-2001, 01:47 AM
west has always favored the As over the yuppitized Giants. We both voted no to move them to south bay and even worse, can't get the As here because we became official Giants "territory" for the vote, just another sham from the brew fool embarassment of a commissioner from Milwaukee (why would anyone move their team to NL anyway!?!?)

most hated teams: hockey the bruins, then the hated habs and their big Ms (Mahavolichs)

BBall, as much the bad boy pistons were the single most hated team, year in year out it has to be the Lakers, from the years where they beat the Chet, Love, & Boerwinkle Bulls to Kareem the crybaby to Magic and Shaq

Football hands down winners: the cowboys, then the fish

Baseball's a hard one for me, but the Yanks'll do there from finishing one-up on the sox through early sixties to steinbrenner buying dent and goose and gamble and jackson & the rest in 80s and 90s; it really feels good to beat a quality yanks team and NY (like last year)

how about most hated owners? chi-towns got a near monopoly there with wirtz and JR competing with Halas as the cheapest sons of b___es ever and to a man all the least personable, wrigley jr was incompetant by non-attention, McCaskey's even worse: cheap, incompetant, anti-personable and stupid despite the Harvard degree with a well tarnished silver spoon in mouth
how about charlie cominskey charging the players to clean their uniforms, the start of a long string of cheap chicago owners

in the bay area here, they hated charlie finley sr. so much over the seals hockey team, the As stadium was 1/2 empty through 3 championships in the 70s here

marge shott probably gets more than a few votes in this category, as did ted trurner in atlanta when he tried to manage the braves one year

Moses_Scurry
07-31-2001, 08:12 AM
MLB - Cubs and Tribe Tie. If these two ever got in a world series, I'd have to root for the Tribe.

NFL - Redskins and 49'ers. Only teams able to stop the Bears from winning multiple SB's.

NBA - Utah. At least until Karl Malone retires.

NHL - Don't follow it, but my roommate is a Colorado fan so I guess they'd be my logical choice.

College - Football - Northern Iowa, ISU. Top rivals of WIU, my alma mater.
- Bball - Duke. No explanation necessary.

ma-gaga
07-31-2001, 08:50 AM
This is a great thread. Despised just doesn't seem like a strong enough word sometimes:

MLB: Braves/Indians
NBA: Knicks/Blazers
NHL: Dallas
NFL: Packers/Cowboys

Chisox353014
07-31-2001, 10:20 AM
MLB-It's a tough call between the Skanks, Flubs and Injuns. I guess the Flubs would narrowly win this category simply because if they ever won it all, life in Chicago would be absolutely ubearable. Cleveland easily has the most players I hate: Alomar (underline his name about 30 times), Thome, Lofton, Fatolo, Weiner Diaz...the list is endless. Vizquel might be the worst though-he usually looks as bored as a guy picking out curtains with his wife, but then he pulls some unassisted behind-the-back double play out of his a$$ and tears your heart out. It drives me nuts. Let's add the D-Rays to this list for simply existing and now the McGriff thing.
NFL-Cowboys, Vikings (I hate Chris Carter), 49ers. You can add the Ravens with Art Modell and Ray "electric slide" Lewis to this list as well. The Super Bowl sucked last year.
NHL-The great thing about the NHL used to be that it had teams in quirky little cities like Winnipeg, Hartford, and Quebec. I started losing interest when teams started moving to places like Phoenix. And as much as I hated the North Stars, it sucked when they left for Dallas. As far as rivalries with the Hawks goes, Detroit is easily #1.
NBA- I don't really care since Jordan left, but the Lakers and Knicks would have to be on top.
NCAA (Football)- Pretty much any big powerhouse, but Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Florida, FSU and Miami in particular.
NCAA (Basketball)- Illinois alum here, so underline Michigan and Iowa about 7000 times. I've grown to truly despise Arizona and their classless fans in the past year. Also on this list are Indiana, Purdue, Duke (of course), UNC, Kentucky, and Kansas.

Viva Magglio
07-31-2001, 11:18 AM
MLB - Tigers
NFL - Packers
NHL - Not motivated enough in Blackhawk hockey to have a team to despise
NBA - Not motivated enough in Bulls basketball to have a team to despise
College Football - Nebraska, Ohio State
College Basketball - DePaul

MarqSox
07-31-2001, 08:45 PM
This thread sorta took off, so I guess I might as well list my hateds as well.
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Packers
NBA: Knicks (Oakley/Starks/Ewing = the most hated trio in sports history)
NHL: Who cares
NCCA football: Nebraska
NCCA basketball: DePaul ... I'm a Marquette guy, what can I say?

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-31-2001, 08:52 PM
My most hated teams are as follows

NHL: Dead things forever & all time
Penguins , because they are *******

NBA: You guys think the Knicks were thugs in the 90's? How about the Pistons from 88-91??

MLB: I despise the Indians, Flubbies & the New York FU(K!NG Yankees!!!!

NFL: I hate everyone in the NFC Central with the exception of DA BEARS!!!

:iron "You tell 'em Nuke!!"