PDA

View Full Version : Oakland Playoff ticket stupidity

ewokpelts
09-27-2006, 05:27 PM
The A's WONT be selling every ticket in whatever they call the colloseum these days.
They will keep the green tarps over the upper deck for all postseason games, limiting seating to just over 34,107 seats per game, INCLUDING THE WS.

If you ask me, this is reTarded with a capital T.
I'd be ok if they went witha "wait and see" attitude(see if they can sell teh 34 k tickets first, then go section by section).
Oh well. Thier loss.
Gene

p.s. info's at http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060919&content_id=1671022&vkey=pr_oak&fext=.jsp&c_id=oak

Crede_Fan
09-27-2006, 05:45 PM
The A's WONT be selling every ticket in whatever they call the colloseum these days.
They will keep the green tarps over the upper deck for all postseason games, limiting seating to just over 34,107 seats per game, INCLUDING THE WS.

I'd be ok if they went witha "wait and see" attitude(see if they can sell teh 34 k tickets first, then go section by section).
Oh well. Thier loss.
Gene

p.s. info's at http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060919&content_id=1671022&vkey=pr_oak&fext=.jsp&c_id=oak

Might want to re-word that. You know you get banned for use of that word.

DumpJerry
09-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Why should we care about this?

Sox-o-matic
09-27-2006, 05:56 PM
Maybe Billy's crack team of morons came up with a stat that said OBP and win shares increase when tarps cover seats in the playoffs?

I don't know if that should be sarcastic or not.

ewokpelts
09-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Might want to re-word that. You know you get banned for use of that word.any why is that?

dllrbll7
09-27-2006, 07:34 PM
any why is that?

JBY I believe got banned for the same use of that word...

Crede_Fan
09-27-2006, 07:37 PM
any why is that?

Because alot of people take offense to that word. I've seen atleast 10 get banned for using that word. I'm sure PH13 can tell you exactly why.

Palehose13
09-27-2006, 08:32 PM
any why is that?

Because if you thing something is stupid, dumb, or idiotic use those words. Retarded is offensive to people who are mentally disabled, and trust me, there are quite a few people on this board who have loved ones in that category. I have been strict about the use of this word (btw...I feel the same way about using "gay" to mean "stupid").

I'm not being too PC, I'm being considerate to fellow human beings which some people tend to forget sometimes. Your rip is for 2 weeks instead of 1 because you blatantly ignored warnings. I think you need the extra week to reflect on why people may not like "retarded" being used a synonym to stupid.

Maybe Billy's crack team of morons came up with a stat that said OBP and win shares increase when tarps cover seats in the playoffs?

I don't know if that should be sarcastic or not.

See, I have no problem with moron. In fact, I think it is moronic.

FarWestChicago
09-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Why should we care about this?Because this board is full of ******* FOBB's masquerading as Sox fans. :angry:

:fobbgod:

I own their minds!

Crede_Fan
09-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Because if you thing something is stupid, dumb, or idiotic use those words. Retarded is offensive to people who are mentally disabled, and trust me, there are quite a few people on this board who have loved ones in that category. I have been strict about the use of this word (btw...I feel the same way about using "gay" to mean "stupid").

I'm not being too PC, I'm being considerate to fellow human beings which some people tend to forget sometimes. Your rip is for 2 weeks instead of 1 because you blatantly ignored warnings. I think you need the extra week to reflect on why people may not like "retarded" being used a synonym to stupid.

I tried to help him out. I really would have thought someone who has been a poster here as long as Gene would have known how offensive that word is to many posters here. So I thought it was an oversight on his part.

Trav
09-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Well to be fair, they said they would continue do this at the start of the season. I didn't think they had a shot at the playoffs when the season started. I also thought the Sox were a sure thing...

The Dude
09-27-2006, 09:16 PM

Oh well. Thier loss.
Gene

:whocares
**** the A's! I hope they are swept.

soxfan80
09-27-2006, 09:18 PM
**** the A's! I hope they are swept.by the tigers?

Chips
09-27-2006, 09:20 PM
**** the A's! I hope they are swept.

**** the A's indeed. And **** Billy Beane.

chisoxmike
09-27-2006, 09:22 PM
If I had to pick ANY team in the AL to hope to see win it all, it would be the A's.

FarWestChicago
09-27-2006, 09:31 PM
If I had to pick ANY team in the AL to hope to see win it all, it would be the A's.:puking: :puking: :puking:

All of my minions love me!!

Chips
09-27-2006, 09:37 PM
:puking: :puking: :puking:

I don't think that I know anyone who hates Billy Beane as much as you do.

anewman35
09-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Well to be fair, they said they would continue do this at the start of the season.

Exactly. If they HAD opened the upper deck, they'd get bashed for that, too.

The Dude
09-27-2006, 09:47 PM
If I had to pick ANY team in the AL to hope to see win it all, it would be the A's.
http://graphics.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//2002_a/beane_3.jpg
"Geee thanks Mike!"

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see West already covered this!

Chips
09-27-2006, 09:49 PM
http://graphics.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//2002_a/beane_3.jpg
"Geee thanks Mike!"

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see West already covered this!

A Billy Beane team couldn't win a playoff series if it was growing on their asses.

Iwritecode
09-27-2006, 10:08 PM

Are we allowed to root for Frank?

It's not like any of the other AL teams are good choices... :(:

gbergman
09-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Palehose 13 me prohibieron para decir retarted. Beane bilis chupa a, así que concuerdo con FarWestChicago en ese artículo.

El Oakland A's si ellos son listos abrirá el estadio entero.

LongLiveFisk
09-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Are we allowed to root for Frank?

It's not like any of the other AL teams are good choices... :(:

Exactly--which is why I'll be cheering for the NL winner.

Or just not caring. :smile:

Chips
09-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Palehose 13 me prohibieron para decir retarted. Beane bilis chupa a, así que concuerdo con FarWestChicago en ese artículo.

What's worse? Billy Beane or your damn Spanish posts?

jenn2080
09-27-2006, 10:22 PM
What's worse? Billy Beane or your damn Spanish posts?

Gene's first post using the R word and gbergman's spanish!

Chips
09-27-2006, 10:25 PM
Gene's first post using the R word and gbergman's spanish!

I don't know. Billy Beane is a worthless piece of ****.

I can at least use a translator to figure out bergman's posts.

gbergman
09-27-2006, 10:26 PM
I don't know. Billy Beane is a worthless piece of ****.

I can at least use a translator to figure out bergman's posts.

Damn translators always ruin my fun.

Chips
09-27-2006, 10:29 PM
Damn translators always ruin my fun.

I haven't used it yet.

English is good. :thumbsup:

Back to the Billy Beane bashing.

gbergman
09-27-2006, 10:31 PM
I haven't used it yet.

English is good. :thumbsup:

Back to the Billy Beane bashing.

Bien atrás a español entonces.

Just kidding, Billy Beane sucks.

FarWestChicago
09-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Are we allowed to root for Frank?No. I repeat, I sort of miss the Russian Red Army. Anybody is better than the A's. Think of it as a team with 25 Fav-rays and Sham-ME Soso as the GM. It gets no worse.

FarWestChicago
09-27-2006, 10:35 PM
I don't think that I know anyone who hates Billy Beane as much as you do.I lived there. I'm better informed. :D:

Max Power
09-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Pretty logical move by the A's. People who get shut out of playoff tickets might say, "Hey, why don't I buy a season ticket package next year so I don't get shut out of playoff tickets again." As we know, season ticket sales are vital.

caulfield12
09-28-2006, 12:55 PM

Tener cuidado!

Hangar18
09-28-2006, 01:36 PM

Im have a feeling the A's are going to be the WS winners

DoItForDanPasqua
09-28-2006, 07:43 PM
INCLUDING THE WS.

I thought they planned on losing the ALDS in five games, like usual.
Good old Moneyball.

ewokpelts
10-12-2006, 01:42 AM
any why is that?

QUESTIONING something does NOT mean "blatantly ignoring" warnings.
ESPECIALLY from a regular user, and not a mod.
If YOU, as a mod, said " rephrase that, or hit the showers", then yeah, I guess I would be ignoring a warning.

I know we're trying to be Sons of Sam Horn Midwest, but cmon....there's just a wee bit overmoderation going on here.

Gene

p.s. I guess the A's (scum ridden or not, how INTELLIGENT IS THAT?) read this thread. No tarps for the WS.

p.p.s. My stepfather's sister has Downs Syndrome. And HE'S the one that told me and my brothers the "Ice Cream Joke" that centers on special students. A joke that quite a few people laugh at when he or my brothers tell the joke.

ewokpelts
10-12-2006, 01:50 AM

Gee...why do I want the A's, scum ridden or not, to win the WS(or at least the ALCS):
1. Frank muther****ing Thomas
2. Frank holy muther ****ing **** Thomas
3. The A's arent in the AL Central.
4. **** the Ligers
5. **** the Twinkies
6. Did I mention that they are NOT an AL Central team?
7. That no. 35 guy.....who's he?
8. They're more like the White Sox than Ken Williams or West would care to admit.
9. It'd be pretty cool to see the Bay area fall in love with the A's and upstage the Giants in their All Star year.
10. Barroid dosent play there, and thankk to Frank wont play there in 2007 or 2008.

In conclusion...West, I really dont care that you hate Billy Beane, I wanna see the A's win the WS.
Moneyball may be crap, but it's no excuse to root against the team that's playing the ligers and twinkies this postseason.

ewokpelts
10-12-2006, 01:53 AM
No. I repeat, I sort of miss the Russian Red Army. Anybody is better than the A's. Think of it as a team with 25 Fav-rays and Sham-ME Soso as the GM. It gets no worse.Must be a Friend of Professor Chaos.

:KW
I hate Frank Thomas, and anyone who joins me in buring their Frank rookie cards get 2006 White Sox World Series tickets!

FarWestChicago
10-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Must be a Friend of Professor Chaos.OK, we get it. You love Billy Beane because he signed Frank for cheap. You wish we had Beane and hate KW, the man who brought a Championship to the Sox. Yep, you're a FOBB. And you are part of the reason I hate the A's so much. :wink:

ewokpelts
10-12-2006, 07:24 PM
OK, we get it. You love Billy Beane because he signed Frank for cheap. You wish we had Beane and hate KW, the man who brought a Championship to the Sox. Yep, you're a FOBB. And you are part of the reason I hate the A's so much. :wink:actually...no...
i think billy beane is a crock of ****....
i read moneyball, and any respect i had for him vaporated quickly...he's just a frustrated ex-jock that's trying to rationalize his never making it to the big leagues, while john kruk became a star

your hatred of him and the team he runs has clouded simple reason: frank thomas is on there, and i'd rather see him get a ring than magglio and the tigers, a team that BEAT US IN OUR DIVISION in 2006.

as for williams...he gets his dues for building the 2005 champion
BUT...he did make a major ****up....by uncerimoniously dumping the best player to ever wear the sox uniform....yeah, KW and jerry manual had konerko pegged as thier guy, but frank did deserve at least a phone call and a "thanks for the memories".

Gene

Scottzilla
10-12-2006, 07:54 PM
A Billy Beane team couldn't win a playoff series if it was growing on their asses.

is it easy to win something if it is growing on your ass?

did billy bean pee on someone's mother's corpse or something?

White_Sock
10-12-2006, 09:29 PM
I hope the team that we must not speak of pulls this thing out because I got tickets to game 2 of the WS at the Colluseum (not upper deck either). I won their lottery.:redneck

Not to mention the tickets i have to games 6 and 7 of this series. They have to win three in the snow though. It's a long shot.

jabrch
10-12-2006, 10:54 PM
I don't think that I know anyone who hates Billy Beane as much as you do.

West has me beat - but I'd like to think I am in the team picture for despising Beane and the FOBB.

FarWestChicago
10-12-2006, 10:58 PM
West has me beat - but I'd like to think I am in the team picture for despising Beane and the FOBB.You're in there. :thumbsup:

jabrch
10-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Pretty logical move by the A's. People who get shut out of playoff tickets might say, "Hey, why don't I buy a season ticket package next year so I don't get shut out of playoff tickets again." As we know, season ticket sales are vital.

Better idea - sell the post season tickets, and tie them to next year's season tickets. I think I've seen that work somewhere else.