PDA

View Full Version : So, who's pumped up for tonight's game?

cheeses_h_rice
09-27-2006, 03:21 PM
http://www.weblogsky.com/images2/tumbleweeds.jpg

Thought so.

:gulp:

Chicken Dinner
09-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Can't go fast enough.

LuvSox
09-27-2006, 03:30 PM
It is still White Sox baseball, good or bad. Pretty soon we'll be without the Good Guys until March, so I'll watch.

But I refuse to cheer.

Murphy10
09-27-2006, 03:38 PM
I'll be pumped if Ozzie goes with this lineup
Ss- Pablo Ozuna (his natural postition!
Lf- Jerry Owens
3b- Josh Fields
Rf- Ryan Sweeny
1b- Ross Gload
Cf- Brian Anderson
C- Chris Stewart
Dh- Sandy Alomar Jr.
2nd- Alex Cintron

So i dont think ill be pumped

southside rocks
09-27-2006, 03:40 PM
The Sox are playing tonight? :o:

I kid, I kid ... I'll watch, or listen, or at least check in from time to time. They've already broken my heart this season, I wish they'd quit stomping on it now.

QCIASOXFAN
09-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Its not televised in my area tonight, usually this really pisses me off, but tonight I could really care less. I'll probably turn on the XM for an update or flip on the TV and watch for them to scroll the score at the bottom. I don't think there are many fans super pumped for the rest of the games, we really stink bad lately. Real bad.

Sox-o-matic
09-27-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm glad it's all over. I became sick of yelling at the tv and kicking things everytime I saw a leadoff double that didn't cross home plate or a two run seventh inning lead blown or an inherted runner scored, etc. Now I can laugh at how bad they suck and look forward to a pissed off general manger making some changes in the offseason.

MeteorsSox4367
09-27-2006, 04:05 PM
It'll be on as background noise. I wouldn't mind seeing the future (Sweeney, Fields, Owens, BA) play. Maybe D.J. will say something else that'll make me wonder just what the hell he's talking about. After all, it ain't rocket surgery.

I'm as diehard a Sox fan as there is, but let's get this over with. Please.

MarySwiss
09-27-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm pumped for the whole damn nightmare to be over, which includes the playoffs and WS. Until we get this out of the way, the team can't start prepping for 2007.

Myrtle72
09-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Hey, I'm pumped to watch Haeger pitch relief for McCarthy!

Really. I'm serious.

palehozenychicty
09-27-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm pumped for the whole damn nightmare to be over, which includes the playoffs and WS. Until we get this out of the way, the team can't start prepping for 2007.

Truer words have been spoken ad nauseum.

Foulke You
09-27-2006, 04:12 PM
It's funny how most thought that this would be a pivotal series at the beginning of the year with the Tribe and Sox fighting it out for the AL Central. Now, it is good old fashioned "MLB garbage time". The only goal left for the Sox is to win 90 games and improve on their personal stats. Of course, someone should let the Sox hitters know that in order to do that, they need to eventually score some runs against Cleveland.:tongue:

Iwritecode
09-27-2006, 04:30 PM
The Sox are playing tonight? :o:

Well there's a game scheduled. Not certain if they'll show up or not. They certainly haven't the first 2 games of this series...

Myrtle72
09-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Well there's a game scheduled. Not certain if they'll show up or not. They certainly haven't the first 2 games of this series...

And that's exactly why we're going to win! The Sox are definately due...

ajismyhero
09-27-2006, 04:41 PM
I'd like to watch them stick it to Cleveland and their garbage fans and their garbage stadium and their garbage city.

jenn2080
09-27-2006, 04:42 PM
I'd like to watch them stick it to Cleveland and their garbage fans and their garbage stadium and their garbage city.

And how do you really feel?:cool:

StillMissOzzie
09-27-2006, 04:45 PM
If there's any game I'd like to see as many rookies and prospects play, this is it. Then go into Minny with the regular lineup and make sure the Tigers win the AL Central.

Other than that, I agree with MarySwiss.

SMO
:gulp:

cbotnyse
09-27-2006, 04:49 PM
I think I'm gonna see Little Miss Sunshine...anyone recommend?

ws05champs
09-27-2006, 05:15 PM
I think this is what I'll need to get pumped for tonight's game:
http://www.craft-beer.net/images/beer/handPump_Keg.jpg

SoxSpeed22
09-27-2006, 05:34 PM
We got:
Pods- LF
Owens- CF
Gload- 1B
Thome- DH
Iguchi- 2B
Cintron- SS
Fields- 3B
Mackowiak- RF
Stewart- C
McCarthy- SP

Getting closer.

Myrtle72
09-27-2006, 06:18 PM
We got:
Pods- LF
Owens- CF
Gload- 1B
Thome- DH
Iguchi- 2B
Cintron- SS
Fields- 3B
Mackowiak- RF
Stewart- C
McCarthy- SP

Getting closer.

Not bad. And Gload just hit a hr!

Britt Burns
09-27-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm enjoying watching them. The only thing worse than watching the Sox play bad baseball is...no baseball. The offseason is always tough.

gaelhound
09-27-2006, 07:31 PM
I'll keep an eye peeled to see how the survivors in the central are doing. It will be fun to play some crazy-ozzie ball in the hump to twist up the guts in the tigers and twinkies.:wink:

SOXandILLINI
09-27-2006, 07:40 PM
i know we just saw a bomb... but this was the real bmac.. he's a starter, end of conversation. i draw the analogy of a basketball player being better as a starter or a 6th man, it's a different mindset. fingernails will be a solid #3 or #4 before it's all said and done. maybe even better, his stuff is good enough.

southside rocks
09-27-2006, 07:56 PM
i know we just saw a bomb... but this was the real Fingernails on a blackboard.. he's a starter, end of conversation. i draw the analogy of a basketball player being better as a starter or a 6th man, it's a different mindset. fingernails will be a solid #3 or #4 before it's all said and done. maybe even better, his stuff is good enough.

You may be right! If you are, I will eat my words, which have been skeptical in the extreme about Brandon's abilities as a starter.

Mmmm, skeptical words ... I think with tartar sauce on a bun, and a cold beer! :tongue:

cheezheadsoxfan
09-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Hey, I'm pumped to watch Haeger pitch relief for McCarthy!

Really. I'm serious.

Well, you got your wish.:D:

mwc44
09-27-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm enjoying watching them. The only thing worse than watching the Sox play bad baseball is...no baseball. The offseason is always tough.

I agree completely. I was hoping to see a finger in the air to the Indians as we left after a win, but freaking WCIU in NW Indiana is locked on an Emergency Broadcast screen (WCIU's version of a teal broadcast, perhaps?), so I haven't seen a pitch. Thank God for MLB Gameday.

Murphy10
09-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Wow aren't i glad im tuning in right now, even though its not my lineup, we are getting closer like someone above said.

And plus McCarthy showed how much better of a starter he is.

Let's pull out the win!

SOXandILLINI
09-27-2006, 08:23 PM
2 teams not in contention... they will wait the initial minimum and call it.. imo.

A. Cavatica
09-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Hey, give Cotts a start too...

SockItThome
09-27-2006, 08:47 PM
PLEASEEEEE don't let Cotts start! :whiner: