PDA

View Full Version : Good to see Cleveland staying classy </teal>

cheeses_h_rice
09-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Not sure how the single biggest disappointment in baseball in 2006 gets off rubbing it in the Sox's face (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/deluca/73337,CST-SPT-deluca27.article) like this, but whatever. Enjoy 4th place.

CLEVELAND -- Before their at-bat in the eighth inning on Elimination Monday, the White Sox were treated to a locally flavored tune played by the heartless DJs at Jacobs Field. As Brian Anderson stepped to the plate, Paper Lace's ''The Night Chicago Died'' screamed throughout the ballpark

MrRoboto83
09-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Not sure how the single biggest disappointment in baseball in 2006 gets off rubbing it in the Sox's face (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/deluca/73337,CST-SPT-deluca27.article) like this, but whatever. Enjoy 4th place.

Yeah Farmio was throwing a fit about this, I really don't have a problem with it, because it is the truth.

MarySwiss
09-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Well, what else have they got? Their team sucks, and they live in Cleveland. I've never actually been there so I can't diss the city based on firsthand knowledge, but I've never heard anyone--even people who are from there--claim that it is a showplace.

cheeses_h_rice
09-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Well, what else have they got? Their team sucks, and they live in Cleveland. I've never actually been there so I can't diss the city based on firsthand knowledge, but I've never heard anyone--even people who are from there--claim that it is a showplace.

I went to see a game there on a Sunday in August, and I swear to god you could almost see tumbleweeds blowing down the downtown streets before and after the game. It was me and about 200 bums.

MarySwiss
09-27-2006, 10:55 AM
I went to see a game there on a Sunday in August, and I swear to god you could almost see tumbleweeds blowing down the downtown streets before and after the game. It was me and about 200 bums.
Sounds like a funfest. I hope your ticket was free. :D:

Jerko
09-27-2006, 10:56 AM
But it was funny when the Sox played Whitesnake music when Chuck Finley pitched at the Cell, IIRC, FOR the Indians??? If you dish it out, you have to be able to take it IMO.

oeo
09-27-2006, 11:00 AM
Yeah Farmio was throwing a fit about this, I really don't have a problem with it, because it is the truth.

If their team was better than the Sox, maybe. But, the Indians are still 13 games behind the Sox...they don't have much to brag about.

A. Cavatica
09-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Don't take it personally. Our team lay down and died the second half. They deserve the taunting.

Lillian
09-27-2006, 11:05 AM
I was more intrigued by mention of a rift between A. J. and Cooper and Garland. This is the first that I've heard about it. Does anyone have more details?

mandmandm
09-27-2006, 11:06 AM
At least Cleveland does not look like they gave up like the Sox have for the last 10 days if not longer. Maybe Paulie can consult with the Astros in the off season to see how they kept their "tanks full" despite a long playoff run which included more games than the Sox played last year. If they make the playoffs with a strong finish it will make the Sox season all the more disappointing.

cheeses_h_rice
09-27-2006, 11:15 AM
But it was funny when the Sox played Whitesnake music when Chuck Finley pitched at the Cell, IIRC, FOR the Indians??? If you dish it out, you have to be able to take it IMO.

The White Sox fired the idiot who played that song (Bigmouthed Joe Stephen).

Rocky Soprano
09-27-2006, 11:19 AM
I was more intrigued by mention of a rift between A. J. and Cooper and Garland. This is the first that I've heard about it. Does anyone have more details?

Really? What did you hear?

jenn2080
09-27-2006, 11:23 AM

I could have laid down and took a nap in the street for an hour before getting hit. That city sucks, but the stadium is great.

MarySwiss
09-27-2006, 11:25 AM

This is from the link that Cheeses posted:

"There also have been rumors throughout baseball that catcher A.J. Pierzynski could be trade bait. The Sox have no other options behind the plate and won't find another catcher with similar hitting skills. Pierzynski needs to patch up a strained relationship with pitching coach Don Cooper and emerging ace Jon Garland."

Weird coincidence: Last night, my husband walked into the house and told me he had heard the tail end of something on the radio about A.J. possibly being traded to (he thought) the Padres. Needless to say, I freaked. But when I checked every conceivable sports source, I found nothing. So I lovingly told him he was crazy, or else he had heard some knuckleheaded proposal by some knuckleheaded sports talker. I still cannot believe that there's any way A.J. wouldn't be part of next year's plan, but seeing this on top of hearing that is definitely disturbing.

Jerko
09-27-2006, 11:26 AM
The White Sox fired the idiot who played that song (Bigmouthed Joe Stephen).

I know, but IIRC fans were mad that he got fired over that, even though they agreed that he sucked ass.

Hitmen77
09-27-2006, 11:26 AM

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/deluca/73337,CST-SPT-deluca27.article

voodoochile
09-27-2006, 11:27 AM

They fired that guy...

BMac Daddy
09-27-2006, 11:27 AM
I would have loved it if I were an Indians fan and I can tolerate it as a Sox fan. Let the Indian fans have fun in Cleveland.

voodoochile
09-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Reminds me of when the local stations used to play Panic in Detroit every year when the Bulls would face the Pistons in the playoffs...

MarySwiss
09-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Reminds me of when the D'Backs played Sinatra's "New York, New York" after Game Six in 2001. Yankees fans were outraged, but D'Backs fans thought it was great, after having to listen to that damn song following three straight sickening losses in New York.

Jerko
09-27-2006, 11:41 AM
They fired that guy...

Yes, and deservedly so, but I'm just getting upset over Sox fans complaining that "Cleveland played a mean song" and bitching about the Twins attendance the other night. We're starting to sound like somebody else.............

cheeses_h_rice
09-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Yes, and deservedly so, but I'm just getting upset over Sox fans complaining that "Cleveland played a mean song" and bitching about the Twins attendance the other night. We're starting to sound like somebody else.............

I thought it was classless when the Sox played that song to annoy Finley.

I thought it was classless for a team many predicted to win our division (or even the World Series) -- who finished in 4th place, BEHIND the White Sox -- to play a song about Chicago dying.

I couldn't care less about the Twins attendance.

32nd&Wallace
09-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Reminds me of when the D'Backs played Sinatra's "New York, New York" after Game Six in 2001. Yankees fans were outraged, but D'Backs fans thought it was great, after having to listen to that damn song following three straight sickening losses in New York.
Uh, that was a very classless move by the Diamondbacks when you consider what happened a month before.

ChiSoxGirl
09-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Speaking of Monday night, did anyone see the picture on the front page of yesterday's Cubune's sports section? It was a shot of Indians fans giving Ozzie Guillen the choke symbol. :rolleyes:

Lillian
09-27-2006, 11:46 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/deluca/73337,CST-SPT-deluca27.article

That article merely mentions the rift. It doesn't explain anything about what it concerns. What is the rift about?

MarySwiss
09-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Uh, that was a very classless move by the Diamondbacks when you consider what happened a month before.
Yeah, I guess it was also rude of them to win the World Series. Sorry, but I do not think the D'Backs making fun of the Yankees theme song relates to 9/11 at all.

0o0o0
09-27-2006, 11:50 AM

Yeah I don't see what the big deal is. It's not any worse than Farmer pronouncing Jhonny Peralta's name "Ja-Honny" when he's up to bat.

32nd&Wallace
09-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I guess it was also rude of them to win the World Series. Sorry, but I do not think the D'Backs making fun of the Yankees theme song relates to 9/11 at all.Winning is one thing. Playing a song for the sole purpose of taunting and mocking a city that just went through what New York did totally crossed the line.

MarySwiss
09-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Winning is one thing. Playing a song for the sole purpose of taunting and mocking a city that just went through what New York did totally crossed the line.
That's your opinion. I have mine, which is that they were not mocking a city; they were mocking a baseball team whose fans have done their own fair share of mocking. Remember them bidding Ichiro "sayonara?" Besides, a large group of D'Backs had paid their respects at Ground Zero while in New York, talking with and signing autographs for the workers there.

Jerko
09-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Before this gets ugly, let's just admit that every team mocks every other team every now and then, and I don't think playing "The night Chicago died" when we got eliminated is so earth shattering. Hell, the local news in CHICAGO played that song when the Hawks lost the Cup in 71! We're stuck with that song forever. And I'm sure no Sox fan has ever sung "na na hey hey goodbye" in visiting ballparks............ Hell, we sing it at home when we're LOSING!!!!!!!! It's part of the fun. :cool:

32nd&Wallace
09-27-2006, 12:07 PM
There is nothing wrong with a team mocking a city, as long as it doesn't poke fun at stereotypes (aka Sacramento doing that montage of Detroit a few lst year). I didn't take umbrage with what the Indians played the other night. However, one month removed from 9/11, the Diamondbacks could have taken the high road and decided you know what, this might look really tacky considering what happened and be perceived a certain way by many people, mainly New Yorkers. The Diamondbacks obviously didn't do that and looked classless and tacky in the process.

Norberto7
09-27-2006, 12:08 PM
I think that's pretty funny on Cleveland's part. Sox sucked, they deserved it, the least of their problems should be an appropriately dropped Paper Lace song.

CaptainBallz
09-27-2006, 12:14 PM
:rolleyes:

SoxFan76
09-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Winning is one thing. Playing a song for the sole purpose of taunting and mocking a city that just went through what New York did totally crossed the line.

Good God. Who cares man. They were making fun of the New York Yankees, not the city of New York. Like someone just said, that had NOTHING to do with 9/11.

cheeses_h_rice
09-27-2006, 12:32 PM
I think that's pretty funny on Cleveland's part. Sox sucked, they deserved it, the least of their problems should be an appropriately dropped Paper Lace song.

*Sigh*.

Apparently no one gets my point that where the **** does Cleveland get the balls to mock the Sox when they finished worse than them this year?

voodoochile
09-27-2006, 12:36 PM
*Sigh*.

Apparently no one gets my point that where the **** does Cleveland get the balls to mock the Sox when they finished worse than them this year?

Jealousy...

downstairs
09-27-2006, 12:39 PM
*Sigh*.

3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th place are all the same thing. There is no "race to 3rd place" that we proudly beat Cleveland at.

The White Sox, Indians, Rangers, Cubs, Royals, and so forth are all in the same place: playing golf in October.

voodoochile
09-27-2006, 12:42 PM
3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th place are all the same thing. There is no "race to 3rd place" that we proudly beat Cleveland at.

The White Sox, Indians, Rangers, Cubs, Royals, and so forth are all in the same place: playing golf in October.

Actually, financially that is not true. 3rd place teams get a cut of "playoff money" I am not sure 4th place teams do, or at least it is a much smaller cut.

CaptainBallz
09-27-2006, 12:43 PM
*Sigh*.

All sour grapes.
Classy? Not at all.
Funny and deserving? Definitely. (If you're a Toons fan)

voodoochile
09-27-2006, 12:45 PM
All sour grapes.
Classy? Not at all.
Funny and deserving? Definitely. (If you're a Toons fan)

And that's who it was played for. They are still in the entertainment business and the people there were almost certainly entertained by the song.

AZChiSoxFan
09-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I guess it was also rude of them to win the World Series. Sorry, but I do not think the D'Backs making fun of the Yankees theme song relates to 9/11 at all.

Preach it Mary!!

Furthermore, I got sick of hearing how we should all be cheering for the Yankee$ to win the WS, because of 9/11. I hated the Yankee$ before 9/11, I've hated them since 9/11 and I will always hate them. That's just me being a baseball fan. Has nothing to do with what happened on 9/11.

Jerko
09-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Cleveland kicked our asses head to head this year, they're still "mad" at Ozzie for the choke sign, and they play in our division. Yes it is stupid to make fun of teams ahead of you (like Hawk fans saying DETROIT sucks), but my point is, Sox fans do it too. We actually sang na na goodbye to Santana, who IIRC was being taken out of the game with a 5 or 6 run lead and personally, owns us.

AZChiSoxFan
09-27-2006, 12:50 PM

Right....which only further proves Cheeses point. Why is one team that will be playing golf in 5 days making fun of another team because they will be playing golf in 5 days.

Pot, meet kettle.

Shift
09-27-2006, 12:51 PM
I have no problem with it. The Sox were the reigning WS champs. Everyone (save us) loves to see the champ go down.

Judging by the on-field performance in Cleveland, it is bothering some of you more so than the players.

cheeses_h_rice
09-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Cleveland kicked our asses head to head this year, they're still "mad" at Ozzie for the choke sign, and they play in our division. Yes it is stupid to make fun of teams ahead of you (like Hawk fans saying DETROIT sucks), but my point is, Sox fans do it too. We actually sang na na goodbye to Santana, who IIRC was being taken out of the game with a 5 or 6 run lead and personally, owns us.

I was at that game, and I think it was just a 1-run lead, but yeah, pretty stupid of those Sox fans.

stl_sox_fan
09-27-2006, 12:56 PM

Anyone ever find out anymore info on the rift between AJP and Cooper/Garland was?

minutia
09-27-2006, 01:01 PM
Speaking of Monday night, did anyone see the picture on the front page of yesterday's Cubune's sports section? It was a shot of Indians fans giving Ozzie Guillen the choke symbol. :rolleyes:

I saw it. How silly. I was more upset though at the picture of the Twins celebrating clinching a playoff spot. I doubt the Cubune would publish a picture of the Cardnials celebrating in a similar fashion.

Hangar18
09-27-2006, 01:03 PM

I dont have a problem with this at all. Just good fun, interdivisional fun

stl_sox_fan
09-27-2006, 01:05 PM
I dont have a problem with this at all. Just good fun, interdivisional fun

And if this and the whole '06 season finally lights a fire under their tookus for next year....all the better.

Foulke You
09-27-2006, 01:05 PM
In addition to "DJ Joe Stephen" being fired, the Sox organization also issued a formal apology to Finley and the Indians. I doubt the Tribe organization will be doing any apologizing. Eh, whatever. Let the Tribe have their small victory.

Hangar18
09-27-2006, 01:09 PM
And if this and the whole '06 season finally lights a fire under their tookus for next year....all the better.

Heck, if Im Kenny Williams, I'd post pictures of the Detroit and Minnesota clubhouse celebrations on the bulletin boards at Spring Training. Light a fire this time under this team ..........

voodoochile
09-27-2006, 01:11 PM
In addition to "DJ Joe Stephen" being fired, the Sox organization also issued a formal apology to Finley and the Indians. I doubt the Tribe organization will be doing any apologizing. Eh, whatever. Let the Tribe have their small victory.

There's also a HUGE difference between going after an individual player for off field problems surrounding his soon to be ex-wife and celebrating knocking a division rival out of the playoffs.

One is tacky and childish.

The other is part of the game.

Jerko
09-27-2006, 01:11 PM
I was at that game, and I think it was just a 1-run lead, but yeah, pretty stupid of those Sox fans.

I think it became a close game after he left (we FINALLY did some damage to their bullpen IIRC). Well, either way, I think we basically agree on the main point. If you suck, don't make fun of somebody who sucks less. I'd be embarrassed right now if I went on a Twin or Tiger board and saw a bunch of WSIers on there saying "Twins suck, Tigers suck". :rolleyes:

southside rocks
09-27-2006, 01:18 PM
There's also a HUGE difference between going after an individual player for off field problems surrounding his soon to be ex-wife and celebrating knocking a division rival out of the playoffs.

The Sox gave that one to Cleveland. That song could only have been played if the Sox had collapsed, which ... they did. :whiner: What'd we expect, a moment of silence? A sympathy card?

Time to fix what's ailing the Sox so that the '07 team can beat, trounce, stomp on, and humiliate the Indians at every possible opportunity.

minutia
09-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Preach it Mary!!

Furthermore, I got sick of hearing how we should all be cheering for the Yankee$ to win the WS, because of 9/11. I hated the Yankee$ before 9/11, I've hated them since 9/11 and I will always hate them. That's just me being a baseball fan. Has nothing to do with what happened on 9/11.

I second that. Baseball is not an entitlement program, the best team wins period. A WS victory is not something that is deserved, it is earned. I have always hated the Yankees and were glad that the Diamond Backs won in 2001, if for not other reason it gave Mark Grace a ring after the way the Cubs dumped him. Taunting is taunting, sure it may be classless but it is going to happen. The thing to do is, as indiviuals, be part of the solution and not part of the problem. That way you know that you are taking the high road. and there will never be a picture of yourself in a large market newspaper making an ass of your self by mocking the other team.

BadBobbyJenks
09-27-2006, 01:32 PM
I like it, this is a rivalry. If you take offense to this you may need to lighten up just a tad

IronFisk
09-27-2006, 02:02 PM
We absolutely rubbed their noses into their filth last year, and enjoyed every minute of it. Gotta expect it in return - paybacks are a bitch.

Foulke You
09-27-2006, 02:49 PM

Fair enough. However, one could also argue that it is a bit tacky and childish for a team and it's organization to be celebrating a rival team's elimination from playoff contention in September while their OWN team was eliminated in May.

Foulke You
09-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Gotta expect it in return - paybacks are a bitch.
If the Indians had made the playoffs and eliminated the Sox from contention, then it would be a "payback". The '05 Sox that eliminated the Tribe finished in 1st and won a World Series. The '06 Indians will finish in 4th place behind the White Sox and far from accomplishing anything significant. There is a multitude of reasons why the Sox were eliminated and the 2006 Cleveland Indians are not one of them. Therefore, it seems pretty silly of them to celebrate our demise as if they single handedly ended our season and "avenged" 2005.

D. TODD
09-27-2006, 03:00 PM
I don't have a problem with it. Hell, Ozzie was pretty clear in his thoughts of the Indians when they were eliminated last year. No music needed to accompany his choke sign at the Jake to get his point across. I just hope we bounce back strong and take care of business on the field. Who cares what the organist/d.j. plays while we do it.

cheeses_h_rice
09-27-2006, 03:07 PM
I don't have a problem with it. Hell, Ozzie was pretty clear in his thoughts of the Indians when they were eliminated last year. No music needed to accompany his choke sign at the Jake to get his point across. I just hope we bounce back strong and take care of business on the field. Who cares what the organist/d.j. plays while we do it.

That was Ozzie goofing around with the Tribes' mascot (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=877201&postcount=31), was not directed toward the Indians.

caulfield12
09-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Heck, if Im Kenny Williams, I'd post pictures of the Detroit and Minnesota clubhouse celebrations on the bulletin boards at Spring Training. Light a fire this time under this team ..........

And therein lies the problem. Nothing has seemed to light a fire under this team, not with any lasting effect at least. Sure, "pep talks" and "bunting practice" worked for a couple of days, we had a well-played game or late-game rally but we never sustained anything.

You start wondering what it WILL take...

AuroraSoxFan
09-27-2006, 03:27 PM
did it ever occur to anyone that maybe if Sox had played 500 ball since ASB, it would not have been POSSIBLE for the white trash pieces of **** in CLE to play their little antics? If anyone is truly angered by it, the way the Sox have played is the only real reason they were able to pull that crap. Be mad at them not the trashbags who reside in that hole. You should also know not to expect anything decent from those fans under any circumstances. They applauded when Jordan got injured and when Thome (their own team's HR leader) damn near got pegged in the head. So of course they are gonna make fun of us when we are officially eliminated.

Iwritecode
09-27-2006, 03:30 PM
That was Ozzie goofing around with the Tribes' mascot (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=877201&postcount=31), was not directed toward the Indians.

Thank you!

That was at least the third post in the past few days that has mentioned Ozzie making that gesture. Everyone keeps saying that he was doing it to taunt the Indians fans. I knew that wasn't right but I couldn't remember the real story behind it.

hose
09-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Playing the "night Chicago died" was pretty funny.

If we can sing na na hey hey good bye and blow off fire works after home runs I think we should be thick skinned when it comes to other teams getting in a few jabs.

"lighten up Francis":tongue:

Frontman
09-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Wow.

Clevland didn't even play .500 ball and their park sound guy "talked" smack?

Lets see.

Last time they won the series. 1948
Last time we won the series. 2005

I don't think we need to say anything more.

Losers.

Pathetic

*God I hope they don't light up McCarthy like a Christmas tree!:redface:

Front

Unregistered
09-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Thank you!

That was at least the third post in the past few days that has mentioned Ozzie making that gesture. Everyone keeps saying that he was doing it to taunt the Indians fans. I knew that wasn't right but I couldn't remember the real story behind it.And it's something AT LEAST every Sox fan should know. Every time I'm on WSI and read someone saying how Ozzie was taunting Indians fans last year with the "choke" sign, I cringe. It's the same reaction I have to hearing a Sox fan say "The Big Skirt."

Know your facts, people. :tsk::D:

hose
09-27-2006, 06:58 PM
And it's something AT LEAST every Sox fan should know. Every time I'm on WSI and read someone saying how Ozzie was taunting Indians fans last year with the "choke" sign, I cringe. It's the same reaction I have to hearing a Sox fan say "The Big Skirt."

Know your facts, people. :tsk::D:

I know it, you know, WSI knows it but to the Cleveland fan Ozzie was taunting.

Dick Allen
09-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Before this gets ugly, let's just admit that every team mocks every other team every now and then, and I don't think playing "The night Chicago died" when we got eliminated is so earth shattering. Hell, the local news in CHICAGO played that song when the Hawks lost the Cup in 71! We're stuck with that song forever. And I'm sure no Sox fan has ever sung "na na hey hey goodbye" in visiting ballparks............ Hell, we sing it at home when we're LOSING!!!!!!!! It's part of the fun. :cool:Well, this couldn't have happened since the song didn't come out until 1974. Maybe it was another song? As for the taunting in Cleveland, I have no problem with it. But it's strange that this came from a team that was a much bigger disappointment than the Sox, probably the biggest in baseball.

Domeshot17
09-27-2006, 07:21 PM
We Deserved it.

Heres a thought

Maybe if we didnt play like crap and piss away our shot at repeating we couldnt have givem them the opportunity.

We deffinately threw our weight around with the trash talking (mostly ozzie), and if we can dish it, we have to take it.

I mean, say what you want about a cleveland team that is horrible, but that horrible team kicked our ass in a must win game. How sweet revenge for them to be the ones to push the dagger in deep enough to kill us, when we did it last year to them.

I feel no sympathy for the Sox Players being taunted, maybe they should have played better baseball in july and august, you know, when the games arent suppose to matter that much.

caulfield12
09-27-2006, 07:26 PM
We Deserved it.

Heres a thought

Maybe if we didnt play like crap and piss away our shot at repeating we couldnt have givem them the opportunity.

We deffinately threw our weight around with the trash talking (mostly ozzie), and if we can dish it, we have to take it.

I mean, say what you want about a cleveland team that is horrible, but that horrible team kicked our ass in a must win game. How sweet revenge for them to be the ones to push the dagger in deep enough to kill us, when we did it last year to them.

I feel no sympathy for the Sox Players being taunted, maybe they should have played better baseball in july and august, you know, when the games arent suppose to matter that much.

The dagger was in Boston and Oakland...from that point on, it really didn't matter who we played, we were "dead men walking."

cheezheadsoxfan
09-27-2006, 09:13 PM

I have been there. Detroit's better, at least you can go to Canada. Isn't there an old joke (W.C. Fields?) where in a contest the first prize is one week in Cleveland, the second prize is two weeks in Cleveland?

Hitmen77
09-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Wow.

Clevland didn't even play .500 ball and their park sound guy "talked" smack?

Lets see.

Last time they won the series. 1948
Last time we won the series. 2005

I don't think we need to say anything more.

I see no reason to get upset by razzing by the DJ. We shouldn't be so thin skinned.

But....you bring up a good point - maybe Cleveland shouldn't be gloating so much over a team that's still 10 games(?) better than them in the standing and that last won the World Series 11 months ago instead of 58 years ago.

Remember, alot of people picked the Indians to go all the way this year, so they've choked worse than we did in '06.

Frontman
09-27-2006, 10:20 PM
I see no reason to get upset by razzing by the DJ. We shouldn't be so thin skinned.

But....you bring up a good point - maybe Cleveland shouldn't be gloating so much over a team that's still 10 games(?) better than them in the standing and that last won the World Series 11 months ago instead of 58 years ago.

Remember, alot of people picked the Indians to go all the way this year, so they've choked worse than we did in '06.

Exactly. Although, I looked at my original post. That should be "loser" just for the park DJ. I mean, let's face it. What else do they have in Clevland to be excited about?

[LaBron]

DAMMMIT!!!

:wink:

IronFisk
09-27-2006, 11:32 PM
If the Indians had made the playoffs and eliminated the Sox from contention, then it would be a "payback". The '05 Sox that eliminated the Tribe finished in 1st and won a World Series. The '06 Indians will finish in 4th place behind the White Sox and far from accomplishing anything significant. There is a multitude of reasons why the Sox were eliminated and the 2006 Cleveland Indians are not one of them. Therefore, it seems pretty silly of them to celebrate our demise as if they single handedly ended our season and "avenged" 2005.

Damn you think too much. If the shoes were on the other feet, we'd be acting just as stupid. Sorry, human nature.

Jerko
09-28-2006, 12:09 AM
Well, this couldn't have happened since the song didn't come out until 1974. Maybe it was another song? As for the taunting in Cleveland, I have no problem with it. But it's strange that this came from a team that was a much bigger disappointment than the Sox, probably the biggest in baseball.

Maybe it was a different Hawks failure then; they all run together..... but that song has been used against us for years and I just don't think it was a big deal. I've seen worse. I know Cleveland has no room to talk, but we've been doing that too, for years, and a lot of times, the other team was better than us......