PDA

View Full Version : Did AJ really do this??

Panpan21
09-26-2006, 11:34 PM
So up here in Twins Territory they just ran a piece about why everyone should hate AJ Pierzynski on the 10 o'clock news. One of the stories they were telling said that during spring training (didn't specify what year, but seemed to imply it was last spring) AJ was catching and took a ball in the groin and went down. When the trainer came up to him and asked him how he felt, AJ replied "Like this" and kneed the trainer in the groin.

This is news to me. Anyone ever hear this story??

If it is true, I'm not sure if I should be appalled by this story or think it's one of the funniest stories I've ever heard!!! In high school and college, when I got injured I HATED when people asked me how I felt. Many times I thought about doing something like that to someone, but never heard of anyone actually doing it!!!

Yeah, I think this is one of the funniest stories I've ever heard!!

Xx i am error xX
09-26-2006, 11:37 PM
I would like A.J. even more if this was true.

Myrtle72
09-26-2006, 11:37 PM
I've heard it before. I've also read/heard interviews of AJ denying this. I can't remember from where though... it was a while ago.

Needless to say, I don't think it would really suprise anyone, nor would it really upset any of his current fans considering most of his fans like him because of his attitude. In fact, I'm sure that people would be amused. I know it amused me.

(Perhaps this should be in "Whats the Score?")

Palehose13
09-26-2006, 11:38 PM
This is an old story and if it did happen it was when he was with the Giants in Spring 2004.

TheDarkGundam
09-26-2006, 11:40 PM
Hey, has anyone seen that picture of the guy punching Pods at yankee stadium?

HotelWhiteSox
09-26-2006, 11:41 PM
LOL, I knew that's what this post would be about before clicking on it.

Wiki says it hasn't been confirmed (though I thought I remember AJ saying in an interview he did it), but it's hilarious to google it and see how the story changes. A pro Barrett site/blog went something like 'viciously gave a death defying knee to Conte's groin and excidetly screamed "like this!" while grinning'

Panpan21
09-26-2006, 11:41 PM
I've heard it before. I've also read/heard interviews of AJ denying this. I can't remember from where though... it was a while ago.

Needless to say, I don't think it would really suprise anyone, nor would it really upset any of his current fans considering most of his fans like him because of his attitude. In fact, I'm sure that people would be amused. I know it amused me.

(Perhaps this should be in "Whats the Score?")

Yeah probably, but I just had to get it online to see if this was true. Guess I wasn't thinking. Glad you could do it for me!!:smile:

Myrtle72
09-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Yeah probably, but I just had to get it online to see if this was true. Guess I wasn't thinking. Glad you could do it for me!!:smile:

.... I didn't do it. :tongue:

Patrick134
09-26-2006, 11:45 PM
So up here in Twins Territory they just ran a piece about why everyone should hate AJ Pierzynski on the 10 o'clock news. One of the stories they were telling said that during spring training (didn't specify what year, but seemed to imply it was last spring) AJ was catching and took a ball in the groin and went down. When the trainer came up to him and asked him how he felt, AJ replied "Like this" and kneed the trainer in the groin.

This is news to me. Anyone ever hear this story??

If it is true, I'm not sure if I should be appalled by this story or think it's one of the funniest stories I've ever heard!!! In high school and college, when I got injured I HATED when people asked me how I felt. Many times I thought about doing something like that to someone, but never heard of anyone actually doing it!!!

Yeah, I think this is one of the funniest stories I've ever heard!!

The twins newsmedia is right on blowing this story up huge. Meanwhile, they don't think twins fans should hate Kirby Puckett just because he pointed a gun at his wife and child.

Sox-o-matic
09-26-2006, 11:51 PM
This just goes to show how long it takes for information to reach the Arctic Circle and the humpdome a few miles south. This was covered I believe even before KW signed AJ and was actually one of the better AJ stories to have ever been told.

I guess AJ denied it, but to me it's kind of like religion. I don't have a reason to believe he kicked anyone in the nuts, but I just like to think he did.

ewokpelts
09-27-2006, 12:36 AM
The twins newsmedia is right on blowing this story up huge. Meanwhile, they don't think twins fans should hate Kirby Puckett just because he pointed a gun at his wife and child.wow...kirby did that? all i remember was that he tried to rape a woman while he was having dinner with a friend

gbergman
09-27-2006, 12:43 AM
That supposedly happened in 2004 as PH13 said.

jenn2080
09-27-2006, 08:57 AM
The twins newsmedia is right on blowing this story up huge. Meanwhile, they don't think twins fans should hate Kirby Puckett just because he pointed a gun at his wife and child.

wow...kirby did that? all i remember was that he tried to rape a woman while he was having dinner with a friend

Sounds like Kirby should be more then hated. :mad:

1951Campbell
09-27-2006, 09:09 AM
I've never believed this story. There's no video or audio of it, no reporter wrote about it, and it's hard to believe that in 2004, out of thousands of people in the park the day, not one fan wrote some sort of account of the incident on an internet site.

For Twins and Giants fans, if this story didn't exist, it would be necessary to invent it, which, apparently, they have.

JorgeFabregas
09-27-2006, 09:11 AM
It's a yarn told by the Giants' trainer. As AJ pointed out in interviews...if such a thing happened at a spring training game, with thousands of people in attendance, and possibly a broadcasting crew, wouldn't the story have come out at the time, rather than after he left that team?

harwar
09-27-2006, 09:20 AM
They are just trying to stir up some emotion among their meager fan base,who will only fill the place up for the playoffs(much like atlanta).
They might be worried about the twins players celebrating a division championship in front of a half-empty stadium.
I hope the twins get blown out of every post-season game.
On the other hand,i am geniunly pulling for the tigers to represent the AL Central,in our absense, and keep the seat warm until we get back to form next year.

I want Mags back
09-27-2006, 01:30 PM
wow...kirby did that? all i remember was that he tried to rape a woman while he was having dinner with a friend
stupid twins

cheeses_h_rice
09-27-2006, 01:47 PM
I recall discussing this (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48039) ad nauseum back in the spring of '05. I'm on the side of believing AJ did indeed do that; others vehemently disagreed. Worth a read.

Hangar18
09-27-2006, 01:58 PM
I recall discussing this (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48039) ad nauseum back in the spring of '05. I'm on the side of believing AJ did indeed do that; others vehemently disagreed. Worth a read.

I remember that conversation .....................

Madvora
09-27-2006, 02:52 PM
Hey, has anyone seen that picture of the guy punching Pods at yankee stadium?
Ah memories of a great thread...

Link (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70600&highlight=%22building+comiskey%22)

southside rocks
09-27-2006, 03:26 PM
I read something about this, this summer, where AJ said yeah, it did happen but not the way it was reported.

The story that's posted all over the internet is that AJ "viciously" kneed the trainer. AJ said that the trainer wasn't doing anything to help him and wouldn't back off and kept saying 'how do you feel', so AJ gave him a shot, but not hard enough to fell the trainer.

And that makes sense to me, because if he'd really let the guy have it, the trainer'd be rolling around in some pretty serious pain and I can't believe that no one would notice that!

I wish I could remember where I read it ...