PDA

View Full Version : Do we need a postgame thread?

Chips
09-26-2006, 09:25 PM
That sucked.

Myrtle72
09-26-2006, 09:27 PM
Yeah. Not even interesting.

southside rocks
09-26-2006, 09:28 PM
I wanted to see the kids play, and all they got to do was pinch-hit in the 9th. :(: C'mon, Ozzie, play the kids!

QCIASOXFAN
09-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Yeah we need one. It gives me a chance to use this guy :anon: . We have been outscored 20-1 in the last 2 games. We stink.

SluggersAway
09-26-2006, 09:29 PM
I agree with DaleJrFan, this should be the line-up from here on out:

Owens - LF
Anderson - CF
Sweeney - RF
Fields - 3B
Gload - 1B
Stewart - C
Cintron - 2B
Mackowiak - DH
Uribe - SS

It would make for much more exciting games.

itsnotrequired
I'm stuck in Akron, OH and couldn't even watch the game on TV. Looks like I didn't miss much...

October26
depressing.

chisoxmike
They may not win another game the rest of the year.

October26
09-26-2006, 09:31 PM
I wanted to see the kids play, and all they got to do was pinch-hit in the 9th. :(: C'mon, Ozzie, play the kids!

:thumbsup: My thoughts exactly.

palehozenychicty
09-26-2006, 09:34 PM
They may not win another game the rest of the year.

That is my biggest fear right now, and it looks like Ozzie is playing the starters to reach 90 wins when they don't care about that magic figure. play the kids, oz! swallow your pride for once!

SoxSpeed22
09-26-2006, 09:34 PM

Owens - LF
Anderson - CF
Sweeney - RF
Fields - 3B
Gload - 1B
Stewart - C
Cintron - 2B
Mackowiak - DH
Uribe - SS

It would make for much more exciting games.While we're at it, might as well start putting Haegar, McCarthy and Tracey into starting spots.
I still like this (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=13&id=3003) from getaway day mk. 2.

itsnotrequired
09-26-2006, 09:38 PM
I really wonder what's going through KW's head right now. It seems that he is watching the games in silence and much like Homer voices during the credits of the episode where he became the football coach, simply listing players to be cut. Maybe even when they read the lineups:

:KW

"Ozuna, he's gone. Iguchi; cut. Dye, gone. Konerko, gone. Crede, you better believe he's out. Fields, forget it. Uribe, gone by the end of tonight. Alomar, should have never been back. Anderson, I'm going to cut him right now"

*shuffles down to visitor's clubhouse*

SpartanSoxFan
09-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Postgame thread? Hell, who said we even need to remaining games on the schedule for this year? Its painfully obvious the players don't have any drive to win whatsoever at this point.

Oldschoolsoxguy
09-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Agree with Slugger and the others,for chrissakes play the kids already.The vets don't give a **** anymore so why play em Oz ? At least if the kids go down it's because they are out-skilled.The effort will be there.

Iwritecode
09-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Huh? There was a game tonight?

Did anyone let the players know?

mwc44
09-26-2006, 10:22 PM
http://www.mikeditkaschicago.com/images/ironmike2.gif

"This team is in disarray. I don't think we will win another game this year!"

chisoxmike
09-26-2006, 10:23 PM

Why teal?

CLR01
09-26-2006, 10:23 PM
That sucked.

Of course not. There should only be postgame threads after the Sox play. That did not happen tonight.

Soxfanspcu11
09-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Agree with Slugger and the others,for chrissakes play the kids already.The vets don't give a **** anymore so why play em Oz ? At least if the kids go down it's because they are out-skilled.The effort will be there.

Also agree!

Why in God's name are the starters playing?!?!?!?!:?:

Not only do they not give a ****, the risk of injury goes up. When I saw Dye going back on that homer in whatever inning it was, I was holding my breath, hoping he wouldn't injure himself slamming into the wall.

Might as well just send the starters home and play all of the September callups.

Seeing as they don't have a job guranteed for next year, at least they would try.

But I don't expect anything less from Ozzie. He has completly butchered his job this year and cost his team a shot at the playoffs, why should the final week be any different. :rolleyes:

caulfield12
09-26-2006, 10:24 PM
White Sox 2007 Marketing Plan...

Come out to the Cell, It's the Only Place You can Boo the Sox In Person Without Burning Lots of Gasoline, Contributing to the Greenhouse Effect...

Man, the crowds would be ugly if we'd put these two games back-to-back at home.

Freakin' reward these kids like Owens with some PT. What's the worst thing that could happen, they might actually try to win a game?

QCIASOXFAN
09-26-2006, 10:26 PM

We honestly might not. Although if I know the 2006 Sox any I would say they put up a 10 spot tomorrow and then do noting for the next 2 games.

mwc44
09-26-2006, 10:27 PM
Why teal?

Forgot to change font color from a previous post... corrected, and thanks for the catch.

Da Coach's words couldn't be more appropriate this last few weeks. :(:

chisoxmike
09-26-2006, 10:32 PM
For the Sox and Chips...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vGrewst9tnM

Kub_Killer_15
09-26-2006, 10:36 PM
No there shouldn't be a postgame thread because the Sox didn't even bother trying. They left their pride in Chicago.:angry:

Kub_Killer_15
09-26-2006, 10:40 PM
For the Sox and Chips...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vGrewst9tnM

:rolling: :roflmao: :rolling: :roflmao:

Lip Man 1
09-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Here's what's incredible.

To the rest of MLB, C.C. Sabathia is an overweight, injury prone pitcher with a losing record, a million dollar arm and a ten cent head.

To the White Sox however, he's the second coming of Walter Johnson, Sandy Koufax and Roger Clemens all rolled into one.

Another gutless effort, another loss to a garbage team.

Please can't we end the season right now?

This is embarrassing.

Lip

Murphy10
09-26-2006, 10:48 PM
If we put in the young kids, we might win out the season, think of how much each of them want to impress the orginization. Ozzie should put the kids out there and see what they do.

caulfield12
09-26-2006, 11:08 PM
Here's what's incredible.

To the rest of MLB, C.C. Sabathia is an overweight, injury prone pitcher with a losing record, a million dollar arm and a ten cent head.

To the White Sox however, he's the second coming of Walter Johnson, Sandy Koufax and Roger Clemens all rolled into one.

Another gutless effort, another loss to a garbage team.

Please can't we end the season right now?

This is embarrassing.

Lip

Since first week of season....(loss where he went out early)

5-0 versus Sox, 7-10 versus rest of baseball

34 IP, 20 H, 6 ER, 11 BB, 34 K's (1.59 ERA)

VERSUS REST OF BASEBALL
158.6 IP, 162 H, 63 ER, 33 BB, 138 K's (3.57 ERA)

We didn't beat Westbrook all season either, 0-3 versus him

Hmmm...maybe we just need guys who can hit either Sabathia, Lee, Sowers, Reyes, Santana, Redman, Elarton or Liriano to win the division

Lip Man 1
09-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Caulfield:

In essence what you're saying is that we need some guys in the batting order who don't try to pull outside pitches, 600 feet trying for an eight run home run.

I agree with you.

Back to Ozzie-Ball, back to friggin' fundamentals in 2007. You can take all those solo home runs and stick them where the sun don't shine.

Lip

JorgeFabregas
09-26-2006, 11:22 PM
He has a 3.57 ERA against the rest of baseball, most of those being AL teams?

Yeah, he's terrible.

caulfield12
09-26-2006, 11:26 PM
Caulfield:

In essence what you're saying is that we need some guys in the batting order who don't try to pull outside pitches, 600 feet trying for an eight run home run.

I agree with you.

Back to Ozzie-Ball, back to friggin' fundamentals in 2007. You can take all those solo home runs and stick them where the sun don't shine.

Lip

I'd be happy if we beat Sabathia/Santana/Liriano 25-33% of the time.

It's losing to Sowers, Cliff Lee, Mark Redman, Adam Bernero (can't even remember if he was LH), Reyes, Jamie Walker, Jimmy Gobble, Sisco, Andrew Miller....that's annoying.

I just don't see Anderson, Uribe or Pods ever being patient hitters against those guys, or anyone for that matter, at least at this point.

We're all hoping Brian can do it because of his defensive abilities, but it could go either way if he was allowed to play 85% of the time...he might end up looking like Crede or Rowand their first couple of seasons.

Martinigirl
09-26-2006, 11:28 PM
At least no one will be haunted by the thought that if we just made it in to the playoffs we could have gone far. This team just isn't any good right now.

I just can't even believe that the team that looked so amazing in June has turned into this.

Patrick134
09-26-2006, 11:29 PM
At least no one will be haunted by the thought that if we just made it in to the playoffs we could have gone far. This team just isn't any good right now.

I just can't even believe that the team that looked so amazing in June has turned into this.

To be honest, the record was far more amazing than the team. I remember thinking in June that I was amazed we were anywhere near last years pace. Not that i thought we were as bad as it's been lately.

BA: The Hitman
09-26-2006, 11:38 PM
I tried watching the game because I know I'm going to miss baseball when it's gone, but I just couldn't get through the whole thing. It's really sad to watch how pathetic these past two nights have been. Screw the starters and just play the kids the rest of the way, at least they will show some fire.

CLR01
09-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Since first week of season....(loss where he went out early)

5-0 versus Sox, 7-10 versus rest of baseball

34 IP, 20 H, 6 ER, 11 BB, 34 K's (1.59 ERA)

VERSUS REST OF BASEBALL
158.6 IP, 162 H, 63 ER, 33 BB, 138 K's (3.57 ERA)

4-0 vs the Sox and 8-11 156.1 IP 60 ER vs everyone else with a 3.46 ERA.

Nellie_Fox
09-27-2006, 12:55 AM
The last WGN game for the year is the last game against the Twins. I'll watch it just because it's one more White Sox game before the long, cold, dead winter.

I now have only WCHA college hockey to carry me through until the baseball season starts again, and my Mavericks will be very young and inexperienced due to NHL raids on underclassmen this year. Sucks to be me, I guess.

JB98
09-27-2006, 01:01 AM

Owens - LF
Anderson - CF
Sweeney - RF
Fields - 3B
Gload - 1B
Stewart - C
Cintron - 2B
Mackowiak - DH
Uribe - SS

It would make for much more exciting games.

Disagree. Play to win and keep the Twins from winning the division.

chisoxmike
09-27-2006, 01:06 AM
Disagree. Play to win and keep the Twins from winning the division.

Yes, that, and at least a 90 win season.

beckett21
09-27-2006, 01:07 AM
I tried watching the game because I know I'm going to miss baseball when it's gone, but I just couldn't get through the whole thing. It's really sad to watch how pathetic these past two nights have been. Screw the starters and just play the kids the rest of the way, at least they will show some fire.

I'm not going to miss this crap, because this is not baseball.

This is crap.

I'm looking forward to some offseason changes and a renewed spirit in 2007. This is just depressing right now. There is no way to sugar-coat it anymore.

JB98
09-27-2006, 01:08 AM
Yes, that, and at least a 90 win season.

Honestly, I don't care about the 90-win season. It's a non-playoff year for the Sox regardless. I just hate the Twins so much that I want to beat them, relegate them to wild-card status and send them to New York to lose in the first round.

beckett21
09-27-2006, 01:10 AM
Honestly, I don't care about the 90-win season. It's a non-playoff year for the Sox regardless. I just hate the Twins so much that I want to beat them, relegate them to wild-card status and send them to New York to lose in the first round.

IMO, the Twins' best chance to get to the WS is to play NY in the first round.

The road to the WS goes through NY, and they have a much better chance in a 5-game series than a 7-game series.

Just something to think about--the Sox might actually be doing them a favor if they decide to show up to Minnesota over the weekend. I don't think the Sox have anything left, however.

chisoxmike
09-27-2006, 01:13 AM

Hhaha, yeah, I hate the Twins with all my heart, I would hate it if this team won a fourth division title in five years. I still can't believe this Sox team isn't going to the playoffs.

Honestly though, 2007 is a big year for the Sox and the franchise. I'm not saying a World Series title is a must, but a playoff appearance is. It's going to tell us and everyone how serious to take this team as a force not only in the AL Central, but in the AL in general. The Sox have had far superior teams than the Twins in years past but couldn't get the job done. Kenny is probably going to keep the nucleus intact and just plug in some missing peaces. Hopefully that can push them over the top for '07, and a few years down the line.

JB98
09-27-2006, 01:36 AM
IMO, the Twins' best chance to get to the WS is to play NY in the first round.

The road to the WS goes through NY, and they have a much better chance in a 5-game series than a 7-game series.

Just something to think about--the Sox might actually be doing them a favor if they decide to show up to Minnesota over the weekend. I don't think the Sox have anything left, however.

You're forgetting the Yankees own the Twins. I know Santana twice in a five-game series is tough, but keep in mind, he would be pitching game one on the road. He is mortal away from that dome.

beckett21
09-27-2006, 01:42 AM
You're forgetting the Yankees own the Twins. I know Santana twice in a five-game series is tough, but keep in mind, he would be pitching game one on the road. He is mortal away from that dome.

Maybe so. Good thing I'm not a Twins fan. :D:

(Although their chances are still better than ours. :(:)

Grzegorz
09-27-2006, 06:11 AM
Play the best possible lineup to beat the Twins; keep them from the division title.

soxfanatlanta
09-27-2006, 08:20 AM

June was a deceptive month; they were 11-2 against the NL Comedy Central (everybody killed the NL this year), and only a decent 8-6 against the AL.

As for their...ahem...performance lately: I hope they give their last few paychecks back to Jerry, they did not earn it.

davenicholson
09-27-2006, 08:28 AM
I hope they give their last few paychecks back to Jerry, they did not earn it.
...to be distributed amongst the fans, if there is any justice in the world.

Paulwny
09-27-2006, 09:03 AM
One of the Tribe's announcers said last night, ~ " The sox, a veteran team that appears to be going through the motions."

Dan H
09-27-2006, 09:32 AM
I tuned in the game just to check the score and saw it was 6-0. Harrelson was showing replays of the home ump blowing ball-strike calls. It is bad enough that this season ended like it did. It's worse to make excuses and feel sorry for yourself. Stop it, Hawk. Just stop it, Hawk. You can't blame bad luck for the September month-long slump. This team looks more like the Cubs than a World Champion.

harwar
09-27-2006, 10:06 AM
One of the Tribe's announcers said last night, ~ " The sox, a veteran team that appears to be going through the motions."

Yea,i know the pressure is off,but it didn't make me feel good to see Konerko laughing his ass off during last nights' game.

wassagstdu
09-27-2006, 12:09 PM
The Sox are playing for nothing but pride now. Well, at least the pitching and hitting are finally in synch.