PDA

View Full Version : And the 2006 Rookie of the Year is.......

soxinem1
09-26-2006, 06:42 PM
In the AL I've got to say Justin Verlander. His impact for most of the season (except against the White Sox) gets my vote. He should get a few votes for the Cy Young too. Next year, he should be even more dominating.

In the NL, I have to go with another pitcher, Josh Johnson of the Marlins. Like Verlander, he is one of the main reasons why their pitching staff turned around, and unlike the Tigers, is a solid young group that will rival the Braves staffs of the 90's.

jamokes
09-26-2006, 07:34 PM
I'll go with Uggla in the NL and with Liriano in the AL, it will be a close vote!

23Ventura
09-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Uggla in the NL, and in the AL, Liriano, Verlander, and Paplebon all have a good shot at it, but I think Verlander will get it.

Huisj
09-27-2006, 03:51 PM
I'd say it'll be Verlander in the AL. Papelbon and Liriano each burned out too early in the season, and with Detroit having the surprise season they've had, people have noticed Verlander a lot. Plus Papelbon pitched a decent bit last year, and while that doesn't DQ him, it will maybe make some people overlook him as far as being a rookie goes. For purity of the award, it really seems that Verlander deserves it.

Sox-o-matic
09-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Verlander, no question about it. He's been there from the beginning to the end and has done more to help his team than anyone else. It shouldn't go to Liriano because he didn't play the whole year and it shouldn't go to Papelbon because his team didn't make the playoffs.

IMO, this year's AL ROY is more like an MVP.

Murphy10
09-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Verlander and Uggla. So i think the Marlins are getting two awards.

Rookie of the Year and manager of the year.