PDA

View Full Version : I still think that Philly is our best trading partner...

White Sox Randy
09-26-2006, 04:16 PM
how does this trade sound : Vazquez, Crede, Uribe and Pods to Philly for

Rollins, Myers and Gordon ?

In the rotation we get younger, cheaper and better.

Our bullpen is solidified.

And, we get a great player / leadoff hitter in Rollins.

The dollars end up about the same.

Fields has to become the third baseman.

Sign a fill-in OFer to mix in with Sweeney and Anderson...i.e. Luis Gonzalez, Dave Roberts or somebody.

We'll get some young blood and speed into the lineup - fewer double plays.

The pitching should be better: Contreras, Buehrle, Myers, Garland and McCarthy.

Bullpen: Haeger, Thornton, Mac, Gordon, Jenks and Cotts ?

SoxFan76
09-26-2006, 04:44 PM
That trade is why you're not the general manager.

Good try though.

(No offense)

areilly
09-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Why would the Phillies go for this? This would set them back at least a few steps while we run off with half of their best players.

likeawarlord
09-26-2006, 05:15 PM
rollins is a great player but his obp is lower than you'd like from a leadoff man. the real issue, though, is why would the phillies want to give up so much to get older and acquire an injury risk (crede) whose salary is going to balloon?

caulfield12
09-26-2006, 05:40 PM

Sign a fill-in OFer to mix in with Sweeney and Anderson...i.e. Luis Gonzalez, Dave Roberts or somebody.

Okay, they already have a LF in Burrell they want to run out of town and who makes a ton of money...but nobody will take him.

Now, they're going to acquire another declining/aging LF with no power, defense, arm and the probability of 15-20 stolen bases next season and pay him $3-4 million. Great idea!

They're going to trade an affordable, emerging young stud who's "troubled" for another "troubled" $12.5 million 4th or 5th starter. (Except Javier hasn't attacked anyone yet this season, besides the strike zone with mediocre offspeed stuff in key situations)

And to top it off, they're going to trade an All-Star SS who is basically their captain for a SS who would only start for about 5 other teams in baseball.

Have the Phillies hired Cam Bonifay or Dave Littlefield without my noticing it on page 31A of the sports section?

chisoxmike
09-26-2006, 07:22 PM
That trade is why you're not the general manager.

:rolling:

Well, I guess its that time again. "Hey guys I have great idea for a trade!" or "Hey guys how about this trade I just did in my PSP game, I think we can pull it off!" and how about this dandy "Hey guys, how about (insert 4 AAA players) for x Superstar."

:rolleyes:

kittle42
09-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Ugh. Can the next person who has a trade idea go post it on mlbtraderumors.com? :cool:

Palehose13
09-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Ugh. Can the next person who has a trade idea go post it on mlbtraderumors.com? :cool:

No. I have an idea and Philly is it! Here it is:

Uribe, Pods, Vazquez, Riske, and Gload for Rollins, Howard, Gordon, and Myers. We can totally convert Howard to LF (If Manny can play it, anyone can). Do it Kenny!

Did I really need the teal?

Sox-o-matic
09-26-2006, 09:07 PM
I wouldn't mind the Sox parting with Fields and Uribe for Rollins.

In fact, that might work out very well for Philly. Uribe provides excellent defense at SS while Fields gives them a young 3B with power potential. Fields already would be an upgrade over Hernandez/Nunez.

Rollins doesn't have a very high OBP but he makes contact and doesn't K much. He also hits a lot of doubles (43 this year) and hits home runs (25 so far this year).

I'd LOVE to have Rollins hitting second behind a new LF (Ichiro or Crawford of course) with Iguchi hitting lower.

A. Cavatica
09-26-2006, 09:31 PM
How about Thome for Howard?

esbrechtel
09-26-2006, 09:53 PM
How about Thome for Howard?

:kneeslap:

and whats the deal with everyone wanting to send crede packing?

MrRoboto83
09-26-2006, 10:25 PM
How about Pods to Seattle for Ichiro?:D: That could happen right?

kittle42
09-26-2006, 10:34 PM
:kneeslap:

and whats the deal with everyone wanting to send crede packing?

Fileds hit a HR in his first at-bat! That's reason eneough to get rid of a 30 HR, 90+ RBI, gold-glove 3B.

SoxFan76
09-26-2006, 11:07 PM
Let's send Dye, Uribe, Podsednik, Garcia, and Konerko to the Yankees for Matsui and Jeter! McCarthy goes to the rotation, Jeter to SS, Matsui to left, sweeney to right, everyone wins!

Again, sometimes teal isn't always needed.

getonbckthr
09-26-2006, 11:31 PM
Let's send Dye, Uribe, Podsednik, Garcia, and Konerko to the Yankees for Matsui and Jeter! McCarthy goes to the rotation, Jeter to SS, Matsui to left, sweeney to right, everyone wins!

Again, sometimes teal isn't always needed.
Lets just sign Matsui I think he is a free agent.

caulfield12
09-27-2006, 07:16 AM

Sheffield is the only one leaving...IMO.

I suppose you could make an argument about signing him for LF is we actually had SS or 2B that could lead off.

MeteorsSox4367
09-27-2006, 09:00 AM
I'm just shocked that since this is a thread regarding trading with the Phillies no one has mentioned a certain CF who plays for Philly and used to play in Chicago.

I'd have thought that would have been the first name mentioned in at least one of the responses.

By the way, FWIW, Brian Anderson should still be the Sox' Opening Day CF in 2007.

caulfield12
09-27-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm just shocked that since this is a thread regarding trading with the Phillies no one has mentioned a certain CF who plays for Philly and used to play in Chicago.

I'd have thought that would have been the first name mentioned in at least one of the responses.

By the way, FWIW, Brian Anderson should still be the Sox' Opening Day CF in 2007.

Depending on how he does in Venezuela, IMO. He might have to win the job in ST. And KW could still go out and make a move to bring in a veteran that could take his place (Roberts/Clark/Cameron) if he fails again offensively.

A. Cavatica
09-27-2006, 09:59 AM

Overrated.

kittle42
09-27-2006, 10:21 AM

And even if it isn't Anderson, it shouldn't be the other player you alluded to.

oeo
09-27-2006, 10:28 AM

Why are some people so sure that Fields is going to make an impact right away. There's no way he puts up Crede's numbers...and what if he gets off to a slow start like Brian. You cannot just fill the whole team with young guys and expect that you're going to win (unless of course you're the Twins...).

That bullpen isn't much of an improvement at all. Sorry, but I don't want a knuckleballer in the bullpen. You never know what you're going to get out of a knuckleballer, and you need to know what you're going to get out of a relief pitcher.

And get over yourselves, Vazquez isn't going anywhere. Kenny didn't just pick him up last year for a bad year. Vazquez will be the team's ace next year, book it.

eriqjaffe
09-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Urube, Buehrle, Contreras, Pods and Lance Broadway for the Phillie Phanatic!

spiffie
09-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Overrated.
He's certainly no Scott Podsednik or Ryan Sweeney.

Thome25
09-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Why not sign Clark and Pierre and trade for Michael Young. Looks like a mighty fine lineup if you ask me:

Clark LF
Young SS
Dye RF
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Crede 3B
Pierzynski C
Iguchi 2B
Pierre CF

BA would be the 4th OF.

Hangar18
09-28-2006, 09:09 AM
I watched some of that Phillie game last nite, and I did like what I saw from Jimmy Rollins

SoxFanPrope
09-28-2006, 04:47 PM
I love how all of the trade ideas are substantially better for the Sox than for any other team.

Uribe for ARod, straight up!!!

White Sox Randy
09-28-2006, 05:06 PM
I still say that we can get Rollins from Philly. Offer Uribe, Fields, ,Pods and Heath Phillips.

Then, trade Buehrle to St. Louis for Reyes and Wainwright.

Then, trade Contreras to the Mets for 2 top pitching prospects (Maine, Heilman, Pelfry etc. ) or the Reds for Homer Bailey and another prospect.

Sign a LFer - Luis Gonzalez or Dave Roberts.

That's all we need.

CHISOXFAN13
09-28-2006, 05:12 PM
I still say that we can get Rollins from Philly. Offer Uribe, Fields, ,Pods and Heath Phillips.

Then, trade Buehrle to St. Louis for Reyes and Wainwright.

Then, trade Contreras to the Mets for 2 top pitching prospects (Maine, Heilman, Pelfry etc. ) or the Reds for Homer Bailey and another prospect.

Sign a LFer - Luis Gonzalez or Dave Roberts.

That's all we need.

LOL. You just keep trying and trying. The Phillies aren't going to trade Rollins for a bad shortstop who doesn't get on base, a bad outfielder who doesn't get on base, a good prospect and an average prospect.

Rollins is a star. Those other players, and whatever garbage you add to the deal, won't equal Rollins' status.

And Contreras for two stud pitching prospects? LOL. Yeah, I'm sure the Mets will get right on that.

caulfield12
09-28-2006, 05:58 PM
LOL. You just keep trying and trying. The Phillies aren't going to trade Rollins for a bad shortstop who doesn't get on base, a bad outfielder who doesn't get on base, a good prospect and an average prospect.

Rollins is a star. Those other players, and whatever garbage you add to the deal, won't equal Rollins' status.

And Contreras for two stud pitching prospects? LOL. Yeah, I'm sure the Mets will get right on that.

I'm not sure we could get Rollins for Pods, Uribe and EVERY prospect currently rated 5-10 in our system.

buehrle4cy05
09-28-2006, 07:36 PM
It begins.......:cower: