PDA

View Full Version : So why should McCarthy not start these last few games ?

OzzyTrain
09-26-2006, 02:53 PM
I was thinking about this, why not toss him out there ?

JB98
09-26-2006, 02:55 PM
I was thinking about this, why not toss him out there ?

McCarthy is starting tomorrow night in place of Contreras.

0o0o0
09-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Thread over. :D:

MadetoOrta
09-26-2006, 03:45 PM
McCarthy is starting tomorrow night in place of Contreras.

Is he sufficiently "stretched out?":o:

INSox56
09-26-2006, 03:51 PM
Thread over. :D:

BOOYEAH!!!!!!

FielderJones
09-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Is he sufficiently "stretched out?":o:

I'll be surprised to see him throw more than 70 pitches.

Sox35th
09-27-2006, 07:29 AM
I don’t know about anyone else…….. but I think tonight’s game is an important one!! McCarthy will make his second start of the season vs Carmona who is 1-9 with and an ERA of 5.64

McCarthy needs to step it up and give all of us a good look of what he can do for us as a started in 2007. I know the rest of the season is know worth playing for……..but I still feel that McCarthy needs to step it up tonight!!

Dan H
09-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Since he had that 5 1/3 inning relief, McCarthy hasn't gotten anyone out. What kind of start is this going to be?

soxfan13
09-27-2006, 08:45 AM
Next year starts his string of Cy Young awards. when its all said and done he will shatter Clemens record:rolleyes:

harwar
09-27-2006, 09:10 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the kid got lit up tonight.
Spending the year in the bullpen and being used sparingly at that,hasn't done him any good.
McCarthy was born to be a starter and after a rough beginning in 07 i fully expect him to be a consistant winner.

Procol Harum
09-27-2006, 09:24 AM
What I've seen--or rather, not seen--from McCarthy this year has definitely dampened my enthusiasm for his being the next great Sox starter.

That said, the fact that he's suddenly starting at this point of the season after hearing all that bullwah from Cooper, Ozzie and various talk show-types in August when our starting pitching was at its worst (well...up until the last week, at least) about how impossible it would be to add him to the rotation because of the long, intricate process of "stretching out".....well, it's pretty clear that was all a bunch of nonsense. Not helping the Sox-fans "credibility gap" there, boys.
:rolleyes:

southside rocks
09-27-2006, 09:30 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the kid got lit up tonight.
Spending the year in the bullpen and being used sparingly at that,hasn't done him any good.
McCarthy was born to be a starter and after a rough beginning in 07 i fully expect him to be a consistant winner.

Well, I hope you're right, but I fail to see how a pitcher who has trouble (to say the least) getting guys out when he's used in long relief in non-close games will be gangbusters just because he's starting.

And not to be a jerk, but what makes you say that McCarthy "was born to be a starter"? Did he tell you that one night over shots of Jagermeister? :rolleyes:

The announcers have said all season that McCarthy's changeup has gone missing that that without it, he's a 2-pitch pitcher and gets lit up regularly.

Brandon better locate that changeup between now and tonight's game, or this is gonna be another looooong evening for fans. Also, the worse things get, the less Hawk talks, so he could be mute by the 6th inning tonight. :(:

Chips
09-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Also, the worse things get, the less Hawk talks, so he could be mute by the 6th inning tonight. :(:

It'll be silent before the end of the first. :redneck

MrRoboto83
09-27-2006, 09:44 AM
I am betting if McCarthy has a good outing there will be a 10 threads about how he should be in the starting rotation next season.

0o0o0
09-27-2006, 10:54 AM
I am betting if McCarthy has a good outing there will be a 10 threads about how he should be in the starting rotation next season.

The odds are in your favor. :D:

Sox35th
09-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Next year starts his string of Cy Young awards. when its all said and done he will shatter Clemens record:rolleyes:

Overall, he needs to learn how to locate his fastball.......thats what has hurt him this season (the walk off homer in Boston that he gave up down the middle).

stl_sox_fan
09-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Overall, he needs to learn how to locate his fastball.......thats what has hurt him this season (the walk off homer in Boston that he gave up down the middle).

He just needs to talk to his opposing batters. They seem to have no problem locating it. Heyoooo!!!!

southside rocks
09-27-2006, 12:57 PM
He just needs to talk to his opposing batters. They seem to have no problem locating it. Heyoooo!!!!

Yeah, but they tend to locate it in the outfield seats. :redneck

I want Mags back
09-27-2006, 12:59 PM

why wouldnt he be in the rotation anyways