PDA

View Full Version : Lineups for tonight?

JUribe1989
09-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Now that we are out of this race, think we will see any different lineups?

I want something like this:
LF Ozuna
2B Iguchi
RF Dye
DH Thome
1B Gload
3B Fields
C Alomar Jr.
SS Cintron
CF Owens

jenn2080
09-26-2006, 01:57 PM
I think we will see Sweeney somewhere in there too.

Scottiehaswheels
09-26-2006, 02:01 PM
why not Stewart in to catch?

CHIsoxNation
09-26-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm pretty excited to see all the young guys get some more games in before the end of the year. With Paulie and Thome likely out for the season (according to the Sun Times) we'll probably see a lot of Gload at first and maybe Fields doing some DH duties.

southside rocks
09-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Now that we are out of this race, think we will see any different lineups?

I want something like this:
LF Ozuna
2B Iguchi
RF Dye
DH Thome
1B Gload
3B Fields
C Alomar Jr.
SS Cintron
CF Owens

I want Iguchi and Dye and Thome to all get rested. Thome can take a pass on the rest of the season, he's battling so many nagging injuries. Alomar I hope I never see again in a Sox uniform.

Put Sweeney in LF, Anderson in CF, Owens in RF. Gload, Cintron, Uribe, and Fields in the infield. The kid -- Stewart -- catching. Mackowiak can DH.

Seriously, rest the regulars -- they're all beat to hell anyway -- and give the kids some playing time! What's the worst that can happen, the Sox get beat 14-1? Maybe the rooks can salvage some self-respect for this team this season.

jenn2080
09-26-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm pretty excited to see all the young guys get some more games in before the end of the year. With Paulie and Thome likely out for the season (according to the Sun Times) we'll probably see a lot of Gload at first and maybe Fields doing some DH duties.

GET GLOADED!

PorkChopExpress
09-26-2006, 03:24 PM
I imagine we will still see a decent amount of Crede as he tries for 100RBI's. So I expect to see Fields in more as a DH. I would like to see the Sweeney, Andersen, Owens outfield at least once. I also would guess that starting pitchers don't go too deep into games so we will see the likes of Charlie "Don't call me Sammy" Haeger, Boone "Oops" Logan, and Sean "Look out behind you" Tracey.

PorkChopExpress
09-26-2006, 03:28 PM
GET GLOADED!

I was always partial to "Cocked and Gloaded."

Myrtle72
09-26-2006, 03:50 PM
"Even if Minnesota wins, we will continue to play hard" said Guillen, answering the question before the Twins officially ended the White Sox postseason quest. "I have the same lineup [Tuesday], whether we are in or out.

"Here and there, I'm going to try to mix the kids in and give them a chance to play. But we are going with the best guys we have available."

from http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060925&content_id=1681957&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

IspepAloc
09-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Let Konerko play so he can get to 40 HRs and allow Crede to get his 100 RBIs. Since the season is over, time to pad the stats a bit.

southside rocks
09-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Let Konerko play so he can get to 40 HRs and allow Crede to get his 100 RBIs. Since the season is over, time to pad the stats a bit.

Konerko needs 5 HR to get to 40 and there are 5 games left.

Konerko's back hurts and he walks around the clubhouse with it iced.

His chance of getting 5 HR in 5 games, with a bad back -- not worth the risk. JMO.

CHIsoxNation
09-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Konerko needs 5 HR to get to 40 and there are 5 games left.

Konerko's back hurts and he walks around the clubhouse with it iced.

His chance of getting 5 HR in 5 games, with a bad back -- not worth the risk. JMO.

I agree, let him rest. In the Sun Times today they made it sound like Konerko would probably be resting his back the rest of the week and Thome will be resting his back/hammy/wrists.

INSox56
09-26-2006, 04:38 PM
yeah screw it...I think burls is done, contreras is done, thome is done (wrist), konerko is done (back), crede maybe two more starts going day by day, pods may sit more than half the games.

CHIsoxNation
09-26-2006, 04:46 PM
If nothing else maybe we can get SOME satisfaction out of spoiling Minnesota's chances of winning the division this weekend.

God do I not like it when we have nothing else to play for other than playing the spoilers role...only means we won't be playing in October. :whiner:

California Sox
09-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Put Sweeney in LF, Anderson in CF, Owens in RF.

You might want to put Swweney in RF and Owens in LF. Owens throws like a Pods.

lumpyspun
09-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Owens throws like a Pods.

Ha, that has a good ring to it.

Soxworldchamps
09-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Official lineup:

Ozuna, LF
Iguchi, 2B
Dye, RF
Konerko, 1B
Crede, 3B
Fields, DH
Uribe, SS
Alomar, C
Anderson, CF

jenn2080
09-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Glad to see Brian playing so much when it doesnt matter.:rolleyes: :mad:

southside rocks
09-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Glad to see Brian playing so much when it doesnt matter.:rolleyes: :mad:

And if BA weren't in the lineup, people would be roasting Ozzie for that. Ozzie just can't win this one on this board.

Myrtle72
09-26-2006, 07:18 PM
And if BA weren't in the lineup, people would be roasting Ozzie for that. Ozzie just can't win this one on this board.

:rolling:

jenn2080
09-26-2006, 07:28 PM

I am not roasting Ozzie for it. It goes back to the whole Ozzie not playing Brian, but not playing him every game when it does not matter.