PDA

View Full Version : New Diamondbacks and Reds logo schemes

Fenway
09-23-2006, 03:50 PM
PHOENIX -- Like a snake shedding its skin, the Diamondbacks will have a fresh look in 2007.

After years of studying the issue, the D-Backs will change their color scheme to a red, sand and black combination, though team officials declined to be specific regarding the new look.

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060901&content_id=1640230&vkey=news_ari&fext=.jsp&c_id=ari

MarySwiss
09-23-2006, 04:10 PM
PHOENIX -- Like a snake shedding its skin, the Diamondbacks will have a fresh look in 2007.

After years of studying the issue, the D-Backs will change their color scheme to a red, sand and black combination, though team officials declined to be specific regarding the new look.

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060901&content_id=1640230&vkey=news_ari&fext=.jsp&c_id=ari
Little late, Fens.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78834&highlight=Gonzo

FWIW, many D'backs fans--including me--are not happy about this.

Fenway
09-23-2006, 04:13 PM
FWIW, many D'backs fans--including me--are not happy about this.

Mary you mean you are not running to Macy*s to buy the new style?

MarySwiss
09-23-2006, 04:18 PM
Mary you mean you are not running to Macy*s to buy the new style?
:rolling: Good one!

buehrle4cy05
09-23-2006, 04:55 PM
I had no problem with their current colors...it sounds like their unis are going to look like Houston's from what I gathered.:?:

Kub_Killer_15
09-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Their fans are going to have to buy the new gear now... inless they want to keep the soon to be "throwbacks"

Looks like some dimondback fans want to boycott it Linky (http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-diamondbacks&msg=29703.1&ctx=0)

chaerulez
09-24-2006, 12:11 AM
Uniforms have always changed over time. People have complained and it's still happened. This is nothing new. Although those new Vikings uniforms do look terrible.

johnnyg83
09-24-2006, 01:09 AM
I think their current unis are among the worst in baseball. The home pinstripes with just the A are fine. But the wordmark they use when they spell out Arizona looks amateurish. And four colors? They just tried to be too much and put a finger in every hot color of the 90s: purple, black, turquoise (which I compare to teal). I say good riddance. Too busy. Designed by non-baseball fan marketing people -- like the Raptors in the NBA.

I don;t mind the snake D logo though -- which I hear will be more prominent in the next design.

Erik The Red
09-24-2006, 01:14 AM
Good. Some of the ugliest jerseys in pro sports. Now, if they can just get the Suns to change theirs...

Nellie_Fox
09-24-2006, 02:13 AM
...those new Vikings uniforms do look terrible.Seriously. Their colors are supposed to be purple and gold, not purple and white. The little gold around the collar looks like it was added as an afterthought. I don't know why they wanted to change their old uniform, there was nothing wrong with it.

TheKittle
09-24-2006, 02:46 AM
Seriously. Their colors are supposed to be purple and gold, not purple and white. The little gold around the collar looks like it was added as an afterthought. I don't know why they wanted to change their old uniform, there was nothing wrong with it.

It's simple, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TheOldRoman
09-24-2006, 03:05 AM
I agree that the current uniforms are horrible, however, their inaugural uniforms were excellent. Particularly the road uniforms, which utilized teal and purple more. The caps were black with a teal brim, and the unis were much brighter than the current ones. The colors, though obviously not for everyone, were unique, and looked good together. When they changed (after only 3 years), they made the road unis dreary crap by making them all black. They also removed all teal from the unis. Besides the road unis sucking in every possible way, they looked nothing like the home unis (purple cap, purple pinstripes, A logo at home, black cap, black pinstripes, D logo on the road).

Though the new colors will look nice, they should have kept their old ones and redone the jerseys. These new colors are the same exact colors (in the same exact pantone shades) the Astros use. I have seen the wordmarks and logos for the new unis, and they are horrible. The jerseys will say... "D-Backs".:o:

Kub_Killer_15
09-24-2006, 01:00 PM
I had no problem with their current colors...it sounds like their unis are going to look like Houston's from what I gathered.:?:

I don't think they will make it the exact same because there is alot of shades of red.

AZChiSoxFan
09-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Just what we need. One more team wearing red.

Stupid Kendrick.

Chisox353014
09-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Anything that removes teal from the world of sports is generally a good thing. It sounds like these new unis will be pretty lame though.

Frater Perdurabo
09-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Anything that removes teal from the world of sports is generally a good thing. It sounds like these new unis will be pretty lame though.

Fixed it for ya!
:tongue:

monkeypants
09-24-2006, 06:11 PM
I think their current unis are among the worst in baseball. The home pinstripes with just the A are fine. But the wordmark they use when they spell out Arizona looks amateurish. And four colors? They just tried to be too much and put a finger in every hot color of the 90s: purple, black, turquoise (which I compare to teal). I say good riddance. Too busy. Designed by non-baseball fan marketing people -- like the Raptors in the NBA.

You have it right on every point. Those unis are horrible. Instead of having one person or a group having a vision on what a team should look like they instead went with marketing and compromise, and then using every fad color of the 90s to come up with a uniform. If I never see another team with teal in their unis, I could die a happy man.

Chisox353014
09-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Fixed it for ya!
:tongue:

Whoa, a double-tealing. I don't know what's real and what's fantasy anymore!:o:

I want Mags back
09-24-2006, 06:42 PM
my aunt is going to be furious. She's from Phoenix, and purple is her favorite color. She was jusyt in town for Rosh Hashana, wish i knew and could have tould her

TheOldRoman
09-24-2006, 11:12 PM
I don't think they will make it the exact same because there is alot of shades of red.
No, I have seen the colors. They are using the EXACT same shade of red, and the EXACT same shade of tan/sand as the Astros.

johnnyg83
09-25-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm surprised there hasn't been a MLB team that's gone with Maroon (like the Redskins or Loyola U.) as its dominant color.

eriqjaffe
09-25-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm surprised there hasn't been a MLB team that's gone with Maroon (like the Redskins or Loyola U.) as its dominant color.The Phillies used maroon for a long time - they even won their only World Series in it.

PKalltheway
09-25-2006, 08:08 PM
I don;t mind the snake D logo though -- which I hear will be more prominent in the next design.
I don't mind it either. In fact, I have the Diamondbacks' away hat which features that.

cheeses_h_rice
09-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Here (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/vinsanity59/AD2007.jpg) and here (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/vinsanity59/CR2007.jpg). (Tip to Uniwatch (http://www.uniwatchblog.com/).)

Domeshot17
09-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Not bad on either accounts. I dont see a major difference with the Reds set ups. I like the new Dbacks colors, I was ever a fan of the purple.

LuvSox
09-26-2006, 12:45 PM
I like that new D-Backs line, fabulous!

ewokpelts
09-26-2006, 12:46 PM
reds...i dont see much change..more like a tweaking of a classic logo(they'd be STUPID to change completely)

dbacks...UGLY

russ99
09-26-2006, 01:22 PM
reds...i dont see much change..more like a tweaking of a classic logo(they'd be STUPID to change completely)

dbacks...UGLY

I thought the Reds were getting rid of the black. Guess not.

I want Mags back
09-26-2006, 01:24 PM
im at school, at that website is blocked. can some one copy/paste a pic onto the forum.

thank you

Hangar18
09-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Cincinnati Reds.
I hope they got rid of the excess BLACK in their uniforms, undersleeves, jackets, and all BLACK Caps, and stick with RED as their solid cap color, undersleeves, jackets, bp jersey. They are called the REDS after all.

Arizona Diamondbacks.
I love the new font/lettering style for the DBacks. thats it.
This is nothing but a Houston Astro uniform, with the black, red, and tan/beige color scheme. THUMBS DOWN. I love when the national league teams all copy each other (see Brewers/Padres)

The DBacks couldve/shouldve stayed with Purple, and made PURPLE the primary color, with Gold & Black as the complimentary colors. That means NO Black Jersey, NO Black Jackets, NO Black undersleeves, NO Black shoes. They wouldve been the ONLY team wearing PURPLE as their primary color. Couldve looked nice had it been done right.

Hangar18
09-26-2006, 01:49 PM
I had no problem with their current colors...

I did. the DBacks had one of the ugliest uniforms out there ....
purple, teal, black, gold as colors? The DiamondBacks FONT was horrible.
The only thing I liked was the A logo. They had a purple alternate jersey that looked very cool and original. OH, and the road grays did look very sharp. DBacks simply needed to PICK A COLOR and go with it.
They went from having Uniforms with NO IDENTITY to COPYING SOMEONE ELSES IDENTITY

HotelWhiteSox
09-26-2006, 02:10 PM
It looks like the Reds one just added a mustache to that mascot?

Palehose13
09-26-2006, 02:27 PM
im at school, at that website is blocked. can some one copy/paste a pic onto the forum.

thank you

Ditto

Hangar18
09-26-2006, 02:31 PM
.....Meanwhile, somewhere in the executive offices of the League of Extraordinarily Dumb Gentleman

8:50 AM

Mlb cronie1: Sir, the Diamondbacks are here for the 9am meeting
Mlb cronie2: (looks up from PlayStation) 9am meeting?
Bud Selig: (finishes pressing Jeff Lorias suit) What meeting?
Mlb cronie1: They say they're here for the New Uniform Meeting
Mlb cronie2: SHOOT!
Bud Selig: Tell them to buzz off, its not Sept 26th yet
Mlb cronie1: Ummmmm, sir it is the 26th
(Mad scramble ensues, chairs tip over, martinis spill, papers are strewn, markers scribble on pads of paper)
Mlb cronie2: Sir, we don't have time to design a new uniform .....
Bud Selig: Get me the Houston Astro master design sheets!
Mlb cronie1: Sir, we can't just ....
Mlb cronie2: Shut up!
Bud Selig: Replace the letters "Houston" and "Astros" with "Arizona" and "Diamondbacks"
Mlb cronie1: But sir, people are going to think we just ....
Mlb cronie2: Shut up! How do you spell "Diamondbacks"??
Bud Selig: Hurry UP! Just put "DBacks" there then .....wheres my tie?!

Hangar18
09-26-2006, 02:39 PM

Mlb cronie1: ....and sir, the Reds are also here for their New Uniform Meeting.
Bud Selig: Give me that! (reaches for Reds master logo sheet) give me that Black Marker ............(makes design on sheet)
Mlb cronie1: Sir, I dont think putting Sunglasses on their mascot is .....
Bud Selig: Ok, how about this (scribbles more designs)
Mlb cronie1: Ok, all you did was put a beard on him now
Bud Selig: Fine! how about this then (erases designs)
Mlb cronie1: Sir, an eyepatch makes it look like the Pirates logo
Bud Selig: So whats wrong with that? OK, mustache is what he gets,
My decision is final. Wheres my darn tie?

I want Mags back
09-26-2006, 06:48 PM
diamondbacks new colors:puking:

i thought it would be closer to the coyotes colors
http://nhl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pG01-1238869reg.jpg

and D-Backs on the jersey. that just sucks. I hate all these teams that abbriviate their names. The Jays, the D-backs, the Rays, only 1 team can abbrivate their name, we all know who that is, and theyve done it since 1904 or so

TheOldRoman
09-26-2006, 08:07 PM
They brought back an older version of Mr. Red. He looks very different.

Jerko
09-26-2006, 11:21 PM
The Reds logo is fine, it's the black sleeve, red sock look (or vice versa) that is hideous.

http://www.ticketsconcertssports.com/reds-pic002.jpg

russ99
09-27-2006, 10:21 AM

Yeah. Ripoff. The Astros had that color scheme first. (Mud 'n' Blood) I also hate that they're abbreviating "D-backs" on the jersey. Also the Padres copied the Astros uniforms & colors about 10 years ago too.

I do really like the snake "d^b" logo though.

oeo
09-27-2006, 10:32 AM
http://static.flickr.com/111/253252165_792c6e496c_o.jpg

I like that logo, it's creative. Have they always had that one?

OTOH, the rest of them are much too generic.

I want Mags back
09-27-2006, 12:42 PM
holy crap. didnt realize the alt. snake for the arm patch is db. thats awesome

downstairs
09-27-2006, 12:44 PM
and D-Backs on the jersey. that just sucks. I hate all these teams that abbriviate their names. The Jays, the D-backs, the Rays, only 1 team can abbrivate their name, we all know who that is, and theyve done it since 1904 or so

Who... the A's, Reds, Sox, or Sox?

:cool:

0o0o0
09-27-2006, 12:47 PM
http://static.flickr.com/111/253252165_792c6e496c_o.jpg

I like that logo, it's creative. Have they always had that one?

OTOH, the rest of them are much too generic.

As soon as I looked at that logo, I saw two hands back-to-back making the "ok" sign. :?:

Jerko
09-27-2006, 01:21 PM
As soon as I looked at that logo, I saw two hands back-to-back making the "ok" sign. :?:

I saw something much, much worse. :o:

Juice16
09-27-2006, 01:33 PM
I enjoy the current color combination of the Diamondbacks. If they want to redo the uniforms...fine.. but they should leave the color scheme and accent the teal and purple more. Im sick of everyone trying to incorporate or dominate the uniform with black. ( not talkng about teams with black as a main color ei. White Sox, Pirates, O's etc. ) I' was so happy to see the royals rid their uniform of black. The Marlins had such a distinct uniform 10 years ago. I like to see variety, colors, anything unique.

I want Mags back
09-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Who... the A's, Reds, Sox, or Sox?

:cool:

i was thinking us. i guess A's is good didnt think of that. The reds has been there official name for at least 90 years or more. any one who calls the Red sox the sox is just retarded

South Side Irish
09-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Is it me, or do the Reds seem to "tweak" their uni's every year? It's getting annoying seeing how frequently they change their uniforms. It's never anything major, but always something like the lettering, appearance of Mr. Red, amount of black/read, their alternates, the jersey sleeve length, the patches, the hat brims, etc. I'm over it, but can't they just worry about their crap team instead of their crap uniforms?

The only thing good is the (albiet phallic) "db" logo. The rest is certainly Astro copied.

I also agree (forgot who said it), that maroon would make a great primary color. So would dark green. I know only the A's use that color currently, and the Phils once used marroon, but it'd be cool to see some use of actual "basic" colors (besides black, blue and red).

I also wish the teams that seem to constantly change unis (this is true in the NBA, too), would stick to one basic color scheme, instead of radically changing it (Bucks, Rockets, Astros) or stick to a more classic color scheme instead of trying to recycle it until it looks good (you again, Bucks!). Just pick something cool, but basic, and stick with it for a while. Hell, the Marlin's unis actually look classic now (have they ever changed them?).

Jerko
09-27-2006, 02:23 PM
As a Reds fan, they DO change their unis a hell of a lot. I like the current hats, Red/black mix, but then they use all red, all black, etc. I purchased their red "third" jersey the first year they used it, then the next year they added a shoulder patch IIRC, and then this year they changed the color of the piping. They also use goofy color combos; red sleeves and socks, black sleeves and socks, black sleeves with red socks, red sleeves with black socks, etc. Those t-shirts they wear under the vests look awful too, IMO. I'm not a big "retro" guy but IMO they should just go back to the Big Red Machine unis. Solid white homes with logo, solid gray roads with Cincinnati.

Hangar18
09-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Is it me, or do the Reds seem to "tweak" their uni's every year?

Hell, the Marlin's unis actually look classic now (have they ever changed them?).

yeah, the Reds went to the Mets' Design Academy and took a nice uniform and messed it all up. The Marlins have done some constant "tweaking" to their uniforms also, and quite frankly, if your staring at the screen really quickly, mistake the Marlins for the White Sox. Same with the Rockies, one of the more brutal uniforms out there (hint for Rockies: Make PURPLE your primary color, eliminate Black altogether)

buehrle4cy05
09-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Once you figure out that the D-Backs' logo is a db and a snake, it's pretty ****ing cool.

oeo
09-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Once you figure out that the D-Backs' logo is a db and a snake, it's pretty ****ing cool.

I'm not sure why people are so critical of it, I think it's pretty sweet.

I saw something much, much worse. :o:

Not sure what you're thinking about, but keep that out of the thread. :tongue: