PDA

View Full Version : How do the Sox fly?

BainesHOF
09-26-2006, 09:28 AM
I read that Thomas use to request that he and his wife fly first class while the rest of the team flew in coach. I thought the Sox flew on their own charter.

spiffie
09-26-2006, 09:32 AM
I read that Thomas use to request that he and his wife fly first class while the rest of the team flew in coach. I thought the Sox flew on their own charter.
After the way they played these last few months may I suggest they inherit the bus from "Major League"?

Britt Burns
09-26-2006, 09:46 AM
They do have their own charter, just like eveyone else. I think every club lets their players fly first class when they are flying seperately from the team...pretty standard now.

Madvora
09-26-2006, 09:52 AM
I heard that Frank Thomas used to request that his luggage not touch anyone else's on the team.

Chicken Dinner
09-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Last year the Sox flew on an American Airlines charter. This year they switched to United.

I want Mags back
09-26-2006, 12:04 PM
After the way they played these last few months may I suggest they inherit the bus from "Major League"?
I love the part where the pilot tapes the wing to the the plane

russ99
09-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Last year the Sox flew on an American Airlines charter. This year they switched to United.

Wow, that explains a lot. I hate flying on United. I'll pay the extra cash for American anytime. Just my opinion, of course.

BeefyD
09-26-2006, 12:22 PM
United Airlines #9904 - Charter

patbooyah
09-26-2006, 12:43 PM
I heard that Frank Thomas used to request that his luggage not touch anyone else's on the team.

I heard that Frank Thomas demands he get to sit in the cockpit AND that he gets a new pair of pilot's wings on each flight

Palehose13
09-26-2006, 01:10 PM
I hate flying on United. I'll pay the extra cash for American anytime. Just my opinion, of course.

Wow. I have the exact opposite opinion. You probably fly more than I do, but United provided much better service to and from California for me than American.

TDog
09-26-2006, 01:36 PM

Last year, though, the pilot used to call on Aaron Rowand to land. Some complained about his bad routes and that he made it look harder than it really was, but he got the job done and helped the Sox get that ring.

Jaffar
09-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Last year, though, the pilot used to call on Aaron Rowand to land. Some complained about his bad routes and that he made it look harder than it really was, but he got the job done and helped the Sox get that ring.
ZING! :kneeslap:

I heard Frank Thomas demanded a churro cart for his use only.

the gooch
09-26-2006, 03:01 PM
you really want a guy nicknamed "crash" to land your plane?
give me KW! [insert KW under-the-radar pic]
I heard everybody would board the plane and then Kenny Williams would throw the plane into the next city. the money saved on fuel costs helped pay for Konerko's salary.

minutia
09-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Wow. I have the exact opposite opinion. You probably fly more than I do, but United provided much better service to and from California for me than American.

I fly all the time and I hate United. They are the most expensive thing in the air. American cannot do enought to help me. I was stuck in Florida last fall durring a hurricane and they were very helpful in getting me home.

SABRSox
09-26-2006, 07:25 PM

Double-true. Though I prefer Southwest over all. Mainly because they fly into Midway.

Have A Cigar
09-26-2006, 07:31 PM
I love the part where the pilot tapes the wing to the the plane

:smile:

"I wonder if there are any pilots?"

russ99
09-26-2006, 07:35 PM
I fly all the time and I hate United. They are the most expensive thing in the air. American cannot do enought to help me. I was stuck in Florida last fall durring a hurricane and they were very helpful in getting me home.

I fly to California at least twice a year, and in my experience American is much better. United has little concept of customer service and comfort.

Plus there's the whole United federal (meaning taxpayer) bailout, layoffs and forced union renegotiations they did while maintaining top level corporate perks, salaries and bonuses.

Sometimes I think we would all have been better off if they had gone bankrupt. Some other carrier would have picked up the demand.