PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Conspiracy?

robinohio2
09-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Ok so now both of our teams didn't make the playoffs. Sad really for both of sets of ballclubs. That isn't what I came here to talk to you guys about. Kudos to playing in the deepest division in baseball.

I started a thread called "WhiteSox Spoilers" where the Tribe fans discussed our desire to ruin the playoff hopes of the White Sox since the White Sox ended the Tribe's the year before. Everyone seemed to want two Central ballclubs in the playoffs. Many fans still wanted to stick it to White Sox, myself included. CC Sabathia expressed a similar sentiment in a post game interview. Indians fans didn't forget to remind Ozzie of his choking sign that he directed towards Cleveland last year after the Sox swept three from the Tribe.

I remember, last week, when Minny was coming to Cleveland and KC was on their way out with a two game sweep. Cleveland lost 3 of 4 to the Twins in ridiculous fashion. This was the time that Minny pulled away from the Sox. I personally think that the Tribe laid down to the Twins. I might be pulling this out of nowhere but it made sense to me. Do you think Cleveland laid down to the Twins to help block the road to the playoffs for the Sox?

sox1970
09-25-2006, 10:25 PM
Do you think Cleveland laid down to the Twins to help block the road to the playoffs for the Sox?

No. Next topic.

samram
09-25-2006, 10:26 PM
No, I think Cleveland sucks, but the Sox have sucked more in the last month.

JB98
Ok so now both of our teams didn't make the playoffs. Sad really for both of sets of ballclubs. That isn't what I came here to talk to you guys about. Kudos to playing in the deepest division in baseball.

I started a thread called "WhiteSox Spoilers" where the Tribe fans discussed our desire to ruin the playoff hopes of the White Sox since the White Sox ended the Tribe's the year before. Everyone seemed to want two Central ballclubs in the playoffs. Many fans still wanted to stick it to White Sox, myself included. CC Sabathia expressed a similar sentiment in a post game interview. Indians fans didn't forget to remind Ozzie of his choking sign that he directed towards Cleveland last year after the Sox swept three from the Tribe.

I remember, last week, when Minny was coming to Cleveland and KC was on their way out with a two game sweep. Cleveland lost 3 of 4 to the Twins in ridiculous fashion. This was the time that Minny pulled away from the Sox. I personally think that the Tribe laid down to the Twins. I might be pulling this out of nowhere but it made sense to me. Do you think Cleveland laid down to the Twins to help block the road to the playoffs for the Sox?

Maybe, but that isn't the reason the Sox missed the playoffs.

Myrtle72
Do you think Cleveland laid down to the Twins to help block the road to the playoffs for the Sox?

That's a pretty far fetched/creative idea... and no, I don't think they did.

Patrick134
09-25-2006, 10:27 PM

The Indians had nothing to do with the sox poor season. The tribe had a lot to do with their own poor season. Hope Sabathia stays on his rigorous workout routine this offseason.

chisoxfanatic
09-25-2006, 10:33 PM

The White Sox won the World Series last year. They have theirs! I highly doubt this is the case!

champagne030
09-25-2006, 10:37 PM
No, I think Cleveland sucks, but the Sox have sucked more in the last month.

Don't be so quick to dismiss. I could see Captain Cheesepuff take a payoff of about 70 White Castle sliders.

Iwritecode
09-25-2006, 10:45 PM
Indians fans didn't forget to remind Ozzie of his choking sign that he directed towards Cleveland last year after the Sox swept three from the Tribe.

I don't believe that's what he was doing. IIRC, it was the Sox that were being called "chokers" last year.

Patrick134
09-25-2006, 10:48 PM
I don't believe that's what he was doing. IIRC, it was the Sox that were being called "chokers" last year.

Amen for exposing that myth.

Sox-o-matic
09-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Dumb, dumb, dumb.

These guys have performances bonuses, so at the very least they would try to win as many games possible even if already out of it.

soxfanatlanta
09-26-2006, 07:37 AM

Oliver Stone, is that you?

Um...no. The Sox played poorly, period.

esbrechtel
09-26-2006, 08:06 AM
i dont think they would lose ball games just to stick it to another team....thats dumb and would anger me as a fan of any club that would lose games on purpose

jenn2080
09-26-2006, 08:11 AM

Cleveland laying down the Twins is lame. The Sox played poorly that is that.

fusillirob1983
09-26-2006, 09:43 AM
It's not Cleveland's fault that we've had a horrible bullpen for the past month.

southside rocks
09-26-2006, 09:55 AM

I think Bud Selig's office needs to open an investigation into this immediately!!

jdm2662
09-26-2006, 10:38 AM
I agree with the masses as well. There is only one reason why the Sox aren't in the playoffs, and that is the Sox themselves.

Edward
09-26-2006, 02:58 PM
The same kind of theory (sort of) came up last year after we clinched and we were on our way to Cleveland for a series. Boston fans were upset because Ozzie was going to play the bench and more or less let Cleveland get an easy series sweep, therefore effecting the WC race between Cleveland and Boston.:rolleyes: We all how that turned out :cool:

I don't think there was anything intentionally done to hurt the SOX. They just were really, really bad down the stretch.

INSox56
09-26-2006, 03:32 PM
hijack...but why don't more teams and managers have their guys bunt on him? I've seen him in a few games have to run down balls and after just one or two, he's huffing and puffing like mad. This can't be condusive to pitching well...

Sorry, I think like this cuz i play tennis...you play a hard hitting fat player, you make him move and tire him out. With pitching being so precise, I imagine it'd make things difficult.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-26-2006, 03:35 PM
Oliver Stone, is that you?

Um...no. The Sox played poorly, period.

:kneeslap:

areilly
09-26-2006, 03:55 PM
I think in the interest of parity and league-wide fairness, the Sox laid down before the Royals, Twins, Red Sox, Yankees, A's, Twins again, Tigers, Indians and pretty much anyone who's not in the National League. Pretty generous of the guys to do that, really.

:gulp: