PDA

View Full Version : Pinstripes

HotelWhiteSox
09-25-2006, 11:15 PM
I saw a Sox hat with white pinstripes that looked pretty badass (better in person).

http://www.finishline.com/store/images/products/lgpinstwsbwh.jpg
Before being pelted with rocks,:duck:, what do you think about the Sox black road jersey with pinstripes on it? I would keep the hat as it normally is though (without the pinstripes).

Yes, the offseason threads have begun.

Also, maybe a Chicago flag patch if it doesn't look stupid. A little disappointed they took off WS Champ patches on the road uniforms this year. So feel free to make this your uniform/fashion bitch thread

Edward
09-25-2006, 11:21 PM
I saw a Sox hat with white pinstripes that looked pretty badass (better in person).

http://www.finishline.com/store/images/products/lgpinstwsbwh.jpg
Before being pelted with rocks,:duck:, what do you think about the Sox black road jersey with pinstripes on it? I would keep the hat as it normally is though (without the pinstripes).

Yes, the offseason threads have begun.

Also, maybe a Chicago flag patch if it doesn't look stupid. A little disappointed they took off WS Champ patches on the road uniforms this year. So feel free to make this your uniform/fashion bitch thread

I disagree with everything except the Chicago Flag idea, that would be awesome. I looove the Chicago Flag.

Myrtle72
09-25-2006, 11:25 PM
Hey, I may be a minority, but I like pinstripes. I dunno about on the black uniforms... but I like the Twins away uniforms. I really hate to say that, especially on a night like tonight... the Twins still suck, but their uniforms aren't bad.

esbrechtel
09-26-2006, 09:03 AM
i honestly love the road greys and would be upset if they didnt wear them anymore (they won the WS in them) maybe as an alternate instead of the plain black ones...that would be cool

Jerko
09-26-2006, 10:00 AM
I like that hat but i don't want any uniform changes. EXCEPT maybe the Chicago flag on the hat or sleeve or something. No shamrocks, no color changes, no stripes on the grays, etc.

SoxShirt
09-26-2006, 12:34 PM

Yeah it is. I saw it the other day and thought it was pretty.. well... badass. :tongue: Not sure about pinstripes on the black. But, Chicago flag = super awesome idea!

Thome25
09-26-2006, 12:42 PM
I'd add pinstripes to the road gray uniform and I'd add a Chicago flag "waving" on the shirt sleeves kinda like the Texas Rangers one with the flag of Texas on it.

Or at the very least, I'd add the Sox diamond logo that is on the sleeve of the road gray and the alternate black jersey onto the home pinstriped one as well.

ChicagoHoosier
09-26-2006, 12:42 PM
I wish the road greys would stay forever. I like how some traditional teams rarely, if ever, change their unis (Yankees, Dodgers). I understand there needs to be change, but that grey jersey is classy and timeless.

I want Mags back
09-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Or at the very least, I'd add the Sox diamond logo that is on the sleeve of the road gray and the alternate black jersey onto the home pinstriped one as well.
i still dont understand why that isnt on it

russ99
09-26-2006, 01:16 PM
I wish the road greys would stay forever. I like how some traditional teams rarely, if ever, change their unis (Yankees, Dodgers). I understand there needs to be change, but that grey jersey is classy and timeless.

No way do you put pinstripes on the black jersey. Ew. We've already got enough thugs and gangbangers wearing Sox hats & jerseys.

I'd love to see more of the sleeveless jerseys, though. I think the Sox wore them once this season.

They really should get black "Chicago" road jerseys for Sundays & special days. I agree they should keep the road greys, those are cool.

GregoryEtc
09-26-2006, 01:44 PM
I've said it before and i'll say it again... I want THIS!!!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2148&d=1092949897

Myrtle72
09-26-2006, 01:45 PM
No way do you put pinstripes on the black jersey. Ew. We've already got enough thugs and gangbangers wearing Sox hats & jerseys.

What makes you think "thugs and gangbangers" (whatever that means, exactly...) are interested in wearing black Sox pinstripes? Seems a little prejudice to me...

INSox56
09-26-2006, 02:43 PM
What makes you think "thugs and gangbangers" (whatever that means, exactly...) are interested in wearing black Sox pinstripes? Seems a little prejudice to me...

I actually have a white sox hat, grey and black pinstripes and black Sox logo. I love that hat. I agree with the flag idea...sounds damn fine to me.

slight hijack...why do the Rangers get to be called TEXAS Rangers when there is more than one team in the state (also get to wear the TX flag patch that I don't believe the Astros get to wear).......WIERD!

Nellie_Fox
09-26-2006, 02:55 PM
...why do the Rangers get to be called TEXAS Rangers when there is more than one team in the state (also get to wear the TX flag patch that I don't believe the Astros get to wear).......WIERD!They don't "get" to, they choose to. Nobody is stopping the Astros from calling themselves "Texas" instead of "Houston," nor is anyone stopping them from putting the Texas flag on their uniform.

INSox56
09-26-2006, 03:00 PM
They don't "get" to, they choose to. Nobody is stopping the Astros from calling themselves "Texas" instead of "Houston," nor is anyone stopping them from putting the Texas flag on their uniform.

aah I see. I guess it's just wierd that the Astros wouldn't complain about that kind of thing.

dirty_k
09-26-2006, 04:30 PM
The Astros already have a star for their team logo representing the lone star state. I love the Chicago flag and think it might be a nice addition to the uniform if done subtly. However, the flag is for the city of City while a significant portion of the fan base is from the suburbs. I don't really see a need for it on the uniform. Having the city flag fly at the ballpark is enough.
Regarding the pinstripes, the pinstriped hat looks pretty cool but I don't see a need to change the current uniforms.