PDA

View Full Version : Sox reach prodigious offensive mark

stl_sox_fan
09-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Crede's blast gives Chicago four hitters with 30 homers.
10th time in MLB history, 3rd team in the AL to reach mark.

Link (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060924&content_id=1680673&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

A few more offensive outbursts by Crede(94RBI) could give the Sox 4 players with 30+ homers and 100+ RBI.
My god how is this team not running away with this division? Yes I know the answer.....

Congrats anyway!!

palehozenychicty
09-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Yes we do. Plus, Thome's stats were mostly compiled in the first half. :(:

tony1972
09-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Congrats !!

and also, I think Ozzie set a record for offensive remarks...:D: :whiner: (crying because pun was so bad)...

stl_sox_fan
09-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Congrats !!

and also, I think Ozzie set a record for offensive remarks...:D: :whiner: (crying because pun was so bad)...

This made me think of my favorite movie quote

Harry Doyle (http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0879902/): Heywood leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair. When this guy sneezes, he looks like a party favor.

Soxworldchamps
09-25-2006, 03:36 PM
AJ PIERZYNSKI VOWS TO LEAD LEAGUE IN OFFENSIVENESS

That would be an Onion headline. Couldn't find the link :smile:

stl_sox_fan
09-25-2006, 03:37 PM
AJ PIERZYNSKI VOWS TO LEAD LEAGUE IN OFFENSIVENESS

That would be an Onion headline. Couldn't find the link :smile:

Gotcha covered. (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/46905)

Chicken Dinner
09-25-2006, 03:39 PM
All for 3rd place. :(:

Lip Man 1
09-25-2006, 04:32 PM
In 1996 the Sox had three players with 100 or more RBI's (Thomas, Ventura, Tartabull.) They also had a 4th guy come very close to it (Baines-98).

Yet they didn't win the division or wild card either, blowing a 40-21 start and the wild card lead down the stretch because the bullpen was in shambles setting the MLB record (since broken) for most blown save opportunities.

Lip

palehozenychicty
09-25-2006, 05:05 PM
In 1996 the Sox had three players with 100 or more RBI's (Thomas, Ventura, Tartabull.) They also had a 4th guy come very close to it (Baines-98).

Yet they didn't win the division or wild card either, blowing a 40-21 start and the wild card lead down the stretch because the bullpen was in shambles setting the MLB record (since broken) for most blown save opportunities.

Lip

Feels like a carbon copy of that season, except they didn't have any expectations from the previous year in 1996. We just hoped to get in contention, then let the chips fall where they may fall.

hold2dibber
09-25-2006, 05:14 PM

Lip

That was a painful season. Similar to this one, but, at least from my perspective, with one major difference. That year, I was expecting the worst - even when they lead the wild card into August (I think I remember that correctly), I felt like the floor was going to drop out and was filled with dread as the season progressed. This year, I remained cautiously optimistic until the debacle in Oakland. Less stress this year in some ways, but ultimately more disappointment because this year I felt like the better team (the Sox) didn't win.