PDA

View Full Version : 2,957,414 (total attendance)

Ishmookie
09-25-2006, 04:08 PM
To actually come up with a poisitive stat. Wow. That is a big number. I just hope that the Sox draw that well next year after this but I don't quite think so. But Bill Melton was proven dead wrong where after the ALCS last year he said that the Sox still will draw 20,000 in April and May. Nope. We averaged 36, 511 a game or something close. That is simply outstanding. Great Job to everybody.:gulp:

southside rocks
09-25-2006, 04:12 PM
To actually come up with a poisitive stat. Wow. That is a big number. I just hope that the Sox draw that well next year after this but I don't quite think so. But Bill Melton was proven dead wrong where after the ALCS last year he said that the Sox still will draw 20,000 in April and May. Nope. We averaged 36, 511 a game or something close. That is simply outstanding. Great Job to everybody.:gulp:

I think that they will draw very similar numbers next year, assuming that they field a competitive team.

A lot of people have discovered, or re-discovered, that baseball at the Cell is fun. Myself, I'm going for a 27-game season ticket package next year, up from an Ozzie Plan (13 games) this year; and the group of people I went to games with this year all plan to go to more games next year too.

If there really are some dimwits who dump their season packages just because the World Series isn't being played in Chicago this year, I haven't met any of them yet. Thank goodness.

chisoxfanatic
09-25-2006, 04:13 PM
I think that they will draw very similar numbers next year, assuming that they field a competitive team.

I agree. Some people may dump their season tickets; however, there's a waiting list right now full of people who would probably gobble those up. If KW makes all the right moves (which I see no reason to believe he won't), we'll have butts in the seats all year long.

Myrtle72
09-25-2006, 04:17 PM
I certainly hope that they draw similar numbers next year. And while this year is likely to be dissapointing, I am sure it will take a couple of poor seasons for this 2005 WS to wear off, and that's not going to happen. :cool:

lumpyspun
09-25-2006, 04:20 PM
If anyone can persuade NW to let me into grad school next year I can personally help those numbers stay up, which I haven't been able to do in about 14 years.:smile:

caulfield12
09-25-2006, 04:21 PM
If anyone can persuade NW to let me into grad school next year I can personally help those numbers stay up, which I haven't been able to do in about 14 years.:smile:

Can you coach college football?

lumpyspun
09-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Can you coach college football?

Ha, no, but I could help out with the non existent mens XC and track teams...(how does a big ten school not have a track team?)

tony1972
09-25-2006, 04:46 PM
I think the days of 15,000 in the stands are long gone for several seasons..

2005 was a year for the Sox similar to what 1984 was for the Cubs..the Cubs never drew well before 1984 and when they won their division that year, many casual fans "discovered" Wrigley and older fans that hadn't been there for a while rediscovered the ballpark..they have never had an attendance under what they did before 1984..

2005 was a watershed year for the White Sox also..because for the first time many casual fans discovered what a great place our park is to watch a game (and not what they heard from the media..) also fans who had stayed away for years re-discovered the Cell and were pleased with all the changes..I think our 2005 is very comparable to the Cubs 1984 in that we gained a lot of life long fans that will keep returning even in the years the team is not that competitive..

We probably won't sell out 50 plus games again every year unless we make the playoffs again in the next few years..but I see us easily drawing over 2 million each year on a regular basis..

Last year was a real turning point for our franchise....they would have to have several consecutive bad seasons to go back to were they were pre-2005...

jenn2080
09-25-2006, 05:11 PM
:o: Attendance thread....HMMM

southside rocks
09-25-2006, 05:13 PM
I think Tony1972 is right, and here's another reason: corporate sales. Companies are buying blocks of Sox tickets and they didn't do that before last year.

I know several people who work for companies that bought blocks of Sox season tickets after 2005. The tickets are given out as promotions, incentives, used to entertain business guests -- stuff like that. Those companies won't stop buying the tickets just because the Sox didn't win it this year.

The fact that the Cell is safe, clean, easy to get to (well, except for the Damn Ryan mess), and fun for group outings will make the companies renew their seasons. A friend of mine who works in the Sox ticket office tells me that corporate sales are a huge percentage of the season ticket sales.

The franchise has done an excellent job of marketing the Sox. I'm happy to see that.

ewokpelts
09-25-2006, 05:17 PM
I think Tony1972 is right, and here's another reason: corporate sales. Companies are buying blocks of Sox tickets and they didn't do that before last year.

I know several people who work for companies that bought blocks of Sox season tickets after 2005. The tickets are given out as promotions, incentives, used to entertain business guests -- stuff like that. Those companies won't stop buying the tickets just because the Sox didn't win it this year.

The fact that the Cell is safe, clean, easy to get to (well, except for the Damn Ryan mess), and fun for group outings will make the companies renew their seasons. A friend of mine who works in the Sox ticket office tells me that corporate sales are a huge percentage of the season ticket sales.

The franchise has done an excellent job of marketing the Sox. I'm happy to see that.i can confirm this becuase my employer(lasalle bank) handles the sox' money. we've processed MANY checks from corporations, as well as well to do fans.

Iwritecode
09-25-2006, 05:20 PM

2005 was a year for the Sox similar to what 1984 was for the Cubs..the Cubs never drew well before 1984 and when they won their division that year, many casual fans "discovered" Wrigley and older fans that hadn't been there for a while rediscovered the ballpark..they have never had an attendance under what they did before 1984...

They've never had an attendance under what they did in 1981 either. I don't think I have to mention what happened that year...

soxinem1
09-25-2006, 05:24 PM
To cement this team as a drawing card, a lot will depend on what kind of start they have in 2007. If they start like they are finishing, the crowds will dwindle. I think they drew this year for a combination of the reasons on this board, but the 'everyone loves a winner' label applies here too. If they start 10-18, then that'll knock off 300K easilly, even if they recover.It is more fun to watch a game with active fans in the stands, but if the bandwagon jumpers are not happy with the way the season turned out, then they should stay away.

But I do agree on one thing, and coming from one of the biggest detractors (being me) of Reinsdorf Field, this has turned into one geat place to watch a ball game.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-25-2006, 05:58 PM
1983 2,132,821
1984 2,136,988
1985 1,669,888

Fans came out in 1984 but stayed away in 1985 after finishing in 5th in 1984 (they finished 3rd in 1985).

1993 31,865 per game (per game figures due to the strike)
1994 32,026 per game
1995 22,358 per game

Fans stayed away after the double whammy of the strike and the fall from first to third place. Attendance was off close to 1/3 since 1995 until 2005.

2005 2,342,833
2006 2,957,414
2007 ???

If Kenny makes the offseason moves I think he will make, attendance will be closer to 2006 numbers (vs. 2005). If they get off to a bad start, they may not get the walk up / advanced sales they did this season.

The sell outs (52 out of 81) drove demand as people snatched up tickets early, something fans did not have to do since the strike.

Season ticket sales for 2007 should be close to this season's totals. Season tickets were around half of total tickets sold this season (somewhere around 18,000 per game IIRC).

2007 will be the make or break year as far as nearing 3 million per season or dropping back down to the 2 1/4 million range.

I want Mags back
09-25-2006, 06:04 PM
too bad they couldnt get 3 million

aryzner
09-25-2006, 06:21 PM
I count as 7 since I went to 7 games this season! Go me! :cool:

TheOldRoman
09-25-2006, 08:07 PM
I gotta take credit here, I personally bought 72 tickets... though I sold about half of them.
Good to see us set a record, but hopefully next year we will set a better record: most pain and humiliation given out to the opponenents while sweeping all three playoff rounds.

Chips
09-25-2006, 08:13 PM
You can count me for 67 home games. :bandance:

Of course, WSI's favorite PE went to every damn home game. :supernana:

PKalltheway
09-25-2006, 08:22 PM
I believe that the 2,957,414 is a new team record. People are finally discovering that the Cell isn't a bad place to go to. Let's do it again in '07!:D:

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-25-2006, 08:35 PM
I agree. Some people may dump their season tickets; however, there's a waiting list right now full of people who would probably gobble those up. If KW makes all the right moves (which I see no reason to believe he won't), we'll have butts in the seats all year long.

And the seats will finally be all green. What a relief.

palehozenychicty
09-25-2006, 08:42 PM

Yeah, and they don't have to worry about a long October delaying the construction. Sox losing 6-1 with three errors. :angry:

markopat
09-25-2006, 08:51 PM
You can count me for 67 home games. :bandance:

Of course, WSI's favorite PE went to every damn home game. :supernana:

That is DAMN impressive Chips...congrats! I wish you could attend about 15 more games this year.

Hitmen77
09-25-2006, 11:44 PM

2005 was a year for the Sox similar to what 1984 was for the Cubs..the Cubs never drew well before 1984 and when they won their division that year, many casual fans "discovered" Wrigley and older fans that hadn't been there for a while rediscovered the ballpark..they have never had an attendance under what they did before 1984..

2005 was a watershed year for the White Sox also..because for the first time many casual fans discovered what a great place our park is to watch a game (and not what they heard from the media..) also fans who had stayed away for years re-discovered the Cell and were pleased with all the changes..I think our 2005 is very comparable to the Cubs 1984 in that we gained a lot of life long fans that will keep returning even in the years the team is not that competitive..

We probably won't sell out 50 plus games again every year unless we make the playoffs again in the next few years..but I see us easily drawing over 2 million each year on a regular basis..

Last year was a real turning point for our franchise....they would have to have several consecutive bad seasons to go back to were they were pre-2005...

Excellent points.

Chips
09-25-2006, 11:53 PM
That is DAMN impressive Chips...congrats! I wish you could attend about 15 more games this year.

itsnotrequired, cwsfannick, and skottyj242 all have me beat.

I thought the 14 or so games I went to in 2004 was a lot,

then I thought the 32 games or so I went to in 2005 was a lot,

Wow, I can't believe I went to that many games.

Plus I saw four games on the road.

Hitmen77
09-25-2006, 11:55 PM
1983 2,132,821
1984 2,136,988
1985 1,669,888

Fans came out in 1984 but stayed away in 1985 after finishing in 5th in 1984 (they finished 3rd in 1985).

1993 31,865 per game (per game figures due to the strike)
1994 32,026 per game
1995 22,358 per game

Fans stayed away after the double whammy of the strike and the fall from first to third place. Attendance was off close to 1/3 since 1995 until 2005.

2005 2,342,833
2006 2,957,414
2007 ???

If Kenny makes the offseason moves I think he will make, attendance will be closer to 2006 numbers (vs. 2005). If they get off to a bad start, they may not get the walk up / advanced sales they did this season.

The sell outs (52 out of 81) drove demand as people snatched up tickets early, something fans did not have to do since the strike.

Season ticket sales for 2007 should be close to this season's totals. Season tickets were around half of total tickets sold this season (somewhere around 18,000 per game IIRC).

2007 will be the make or break year as far as nearing 3 million per season or dropping back down to the 2 1/4 million range.

Good points.

In addition to playing poorly, other factors contributed to Sox attendance drops in the past. In the mid-80s, Chicago was in the midst of Cubs mania while Jerry and Eddie were doing their darndest to drive away fans (move Sox to pay TV, get rid of Harry Caray, etc.). Then in the late 80s, there were some really bad teams plus the threat of the Sox moving that really hurt attendance.

The 1994 strike really killed Sox ticket sales and then a few years later the white flag trade further decimated the fan base.

Of course, the biggest difference this time around compared to the 80s and 90s is that we have a world championship glow that will last a while.

Also, this time around, the Sox no longer seem to be shooting themselves in the foot in terms of off the field moves, the neighborhood is much more inviting than it was in the past, the ballpark itself is a better draw than in the mid-90s, and the luster has faded for Chicago's once unflinching Cub-love.

I think the Sox need to stay competitive in the coming years to keep ticket sales from eroding, but I don't think we're in danger of any huge dropoff like we were in the past. I think gone are the days where most people stayed away because they believed the myth of dangerous neighborhood and terrible ballpark.

BanditJimmy
09-26-2006, 12:30 AM
My season ticket rep says that 95% of the season ticket holders decided not to check the box on the play-off invoice .... which means no refunds will be given and all these people are forced to renew. The 5% of the season tickets that will be available will easily be picked up by the season ticket waiting list.

If season tickets are once again sold out, Kenny and Co will have the freedom to spend once again.

2.5 million is almost a guaranteed for next year regardless of how good or bad the Sox play in April and May.

dcb56
09-26-2006, 01:31 AM
I'm not convinced Sox attendance will go down at all next year, in fact I think they may see a situation similar to what has happened in Anaheim develop. The Angels were much like the Sox before their Championship season in 2002, that is they were lucky to average 25,000 per game and were pretty much an afterthought compared to the more popular National League club in their market. Ever since they won it all, they've consistently drawn in excess of 40,000 per game, despite the fact they had a losing season in '03 and aren't going to qualify for the postseason again this season. It wouldn't surprsie me if the same thing happens to the Sox, that is thanks to a Championship season people "discover" the team and begin supporting it in droves assuming it remains in contention.

Steelrod
09-26-2006, 02:30 AM
You won't see the green. The seat color will be covered with fans all year!
Congratulations to the Sox and all of us!

esbrechtel
09-26-2006, 09:09 AM
the games are so much more fun with a full house....

Hangar18
09-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Whoah. Arent we NOT supposed to be talking about this subject?

But since we are, I said we would hit 3 Million for the 1st time ever this season. The SOX basically fell one more sell-out short. That is amazing, especially to all those who said this was a (insert other team here) town, and that the SOX fanbase wasnt big enough and supportive enough to fill our park. Ive said many many many times before, the SOX fanbase is here.
I think I was roundly mocked for predicting 3 Million If I recall correctly. :cool:

ewokpelts
09-26-2006, 10:56 AM

But since we are, I said we would hit 3 Million for the 1st time ever this season. The SOX basically fell one more sell-out short. That is amazing, especially to all those who said this was a (insert other team here) town, and that the SOX fanbase wasnt big enough and supportive enough to fill our park. Ive said many many many times before, the SOX fanbase is here.
I think I was roundly mocked for predicting 3 Million If I recall correctly. :cool:if we sold out the 3 tampa games, we'd be over 3 million...but that was a near impossible task...sellout 3 tampa games, that is

Hangar18
09-26-2006, 11:04 AM
2005 was a year for the Sox similar to what 1984 was for the Cubs..the Cubs never drew well before 1984 and when they won their division that year, many casual fans "discovered" Wrigley ...............

2005 was a watershed year for the White Sox also..because for the first time many casual fans discovered what a great place our park is to watch a game (and not what they heard from the media..)

your somewhat right. Except that in the early 80's, the Chicago Media went hog-wild for the (insert other team here), and if you recall, made a huge effort to talk about how "great" that ballpark was, despite the fact that franchise never really won anything. THAT was the reason the sheep filled the park.
Heck, theyve been a miserable franchise in that time.

The 21st Century actually saw the White Sox win something of Significance (the World Series) and THAT was a reason the fans filled the park. This fact isnt lost on those watching from afar

ewokpelts
09-26-2006, 11:10 AM
We really DID have over 3 million...we just had a ton of comp tickets.
Straight a's
perfect attendance
group leader gift tickets
us cellular freebies (i got 6 on trophy day, and my brother got 4 during the yankmee series)
commisioner's initiative(free tickets for underprivilaged kids)
sox charities
kids essay winners
Season ticket holder exchange dates(i think the royals games in august had over 20k comps, and tampa had aquite a few too)

the list goes on....meanwhile, the cubs offer NONE of that(with the exception of the commisioner's initiative)......

itsnotrequired
09-26-2006, 11:52 AM
I estimated 2.8 million at the start of the season. Sox fans proved me wrong.:cool:

slavko
09-26-2006, 12:30 PM
To WSCR's George Ofman, who proclaimed 5(?) years ago that they would never again draw 2 million. Never is a long time. (Plus, I've got a long memory.)

IronFisk
09-26-2006, 12:31 PM
To WSCR's George Ofman, who proclaimed 5(?) years ago that they would never again draw 2 million. Never is a long time. (Plus, I've got a long memory.)

Once again, another reason I steer clear of that moronic station.

ewokpelts
09-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Once again, another reason I steer clear of that moronic station.is farmer another reason?

nysox35
09-26-2006, 05:57 PM
I estimated 2.8 million at the start of the season. Sox fans proved me wrong.:cool:

Hey, I'm back with another odd request.
Something to keep you busy in the offseason: How about a Total figure on what the concession tracker adds up to for your 2006 purchases?

I think it'd be interesting, although your wallet may hate you for it...:D:

itsnotrequired
09-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Hey, I'm back with another odd request.
Something to keep you busy in the offseason: How about a Total figure on what the concession tracker adds up to for your 2006 purchases?

I think it'd be interesting, although your wallet may hate you for it...:D:

I meant to print it out before last weekend so I could add the prices up at the game. I forgot to print it.:redface:

The tracker includes items I personally had at the park, regardless of whether I bought it or not. Friends bought me beers and I bought beers for them so the total out of pocket cost for me would be hard to determine. If I had to guess, I would say I spent close to $1k. It seems like a lot but that's only about $12 a game, the cost of a beer and hot dog.

Hitmen77
09-26-2006, 07:49 PM
We really DID have over 3 million...we just had a ton of comp tickets.
Straight a's
perfect attendance
group leader gift tickets
us cellular freebies (i got 6 on trophy day, and my brother got 4 during the yankmee series)
commisioner's initiative(free tickets for underprivilaged kids)
sox charities
kids essay winners
Season ticket holder exchange dates(i think the royals games in august had over 20k comps, and tampa had aquite a few too)

the list goes on....meanwhile, the cubs offer NONE of that(with the exception of the commisioner's initiative)......

I hope the Sox keep those programs. It might cost us the attendance title that is so important to Cub fans - but programs like straight A/perfect attendance is a great way to bring in more young fans.

itsnotrequired
09-26-2006, 08:56 PM
I hope the Sox keep those programs. It might cost us the attendance title that is so important to Cub fans - but programs like straight A/perfect attendance is a great way to bring in more young fans.

Agreed, a total no-brainer to keep the programs. Looks like its another year of weeping myself to sleep after losing another attendance trophy.

:whiner:

:redneck

Chips
09-26-2006, 08:58 PM
I meant to print it out before last weekend so I could add the prices up at the game. I forgot to print it.:redface:

The tracker includes items I personally had at the park, regardless of whether I bought it or not. Friends bought me beers and I bought beers for them so the total out of pocket cost for me would be hard to determine. If I had to guess, I would say I spent close to $1k. It seems like a lot but that's only about $12 a game, the cost of a beer and hot dog.

I bought you a fair share of beers. I'd guess I spent somewhere around $1200 this season.

FarWestChicago
09-26-2006, 09:03 PM

I think I was roundly mocked for predicting 3 Million If I recall correctly. :cool:You are about to be perma-whacked for talking about yourself too much. This site is not your personal playground. Get over yourself or get whacked.

October26
09-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Kudos to all Sox fans (including me and my family) who supported this team this year. And also during all previous years - when we took crap for not supporting our team. I was at Old Comiskey when you could shake hands with everyone who was in attendance (1970's and 1980's - except for '77 and '83). And yes, I'm here to tell you that it is ALOT more fun with going to games when there is a full house. I'll never forget the roar of the crowd before the 1st game of the 2005 World Series - we rocked the house! :D:

Soxfanspcu11
09-26-2006, 10:36 PM
I believe that the 2,957,414 is a new team record. People are finally discovering that the Cell isn't a bad place to go to. Let's do it again in '07!:D:

Exactly!

Despite the cubune and other moron's best efforts, people have finally realized that going to Comiscular does not result in you being gunned down, mugged or forced to smoke crack.

And once people who have never been before realize that you are more safe at 35th and Shields then you are at Clark and Addison, they will continue to come back.

I'm pretty sure that no one is buying that whole "ghetto" thing anymore, and if they are, they are complete morons and useless human beings.

Ahhh yes, the "ghetto" around Comiskey. The straight up HOOD of half a million dollar homes!!! "WATCH OUT GANGSTA! YOUZ BOUT TO BE SHOT! SOONZ AS I GETZ MY SUIT OFF ANDZ GETZ MY PORSCHE OUT DA WAY, I'M GUNNA SMOKE YA! BUT I GOTZ TO MAKE IT QUICK CUZ I GOTZ SURGERY IN THA MORN FOO!!!"
:rolleyes:

soxchick20
09-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Ahhh yes, the "ghetto" around Comiskey. The straight up HOOD of half a million dollar homes!!! "WATCH OUT GANGSTA! YOUZ BOUT TO BE SHOT! SOONZ AS I GETZ MY SUIT OFF ANDZ GETZ MY PORSCHE OUT DA WAY, I'M GUNNA SMOKE YA! BUT I GOTZ TO MAKE IT QUICK CUZ I GOTZ SURGERY IN THA MORN FOO!!!"
:rolleyes:

:rolling: good stuff...

cwsfannick
09-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Well I lucky enough to attend 77 out of the 81 home Sox games and 3 Sox road games this year. I am fortunate enough to have a very understanding wife. However I think she is happy to have Winter Guy back.

It was great to see the park packed for so many games. It made for a great atmosphere and a very enjoyable experience.

On a separate note unrelated to this thread I just want to say it was great to meet so many of the WSI posters this year. I have believe our passion for this organization will keep our friendships going for years to come.

Go Sox & See you all in 07.

Chips
09-26-2006, 11:31 PM
On a separate note unrelated to this thread I just want to say it was great to meet so many of the WSI posters this year. I have believe our passion for this organization will keep our friendships going for years to come.

Go Sox & See you all in 07.

Yes it was. :cheers:

DumpJerry
09-26-2006, 11:49 PM
itsnotrequired, cwsfannick, and skottyj242 all have me beat.

I thought the 14 or so games I went to in 2004 was a lot,

then I thought the 32 games or so I went to in 2005 was a lot,

Wow, I can't believe I went to that many games.

Plus I saw four games on the road.

What am I? Chopped liver? I was at 74 home and 5 road games this year (it's in INR's thread).

You are about to be perma-whacked for talking about yourself too much. This site is not your personal playground. Get over yourself or get whacked.
Two thoughts:
1. He posted he did not order postseason tickets because he felt the Sox would not be there. This means he banned himself from the park next year since non-renewal means loss of ST's.
2. If all 7,000+ WSI members put Hangar on ignore, would he still bother us?

Chips
09-26-2006, 11:54 PM
What am I? Chopped liver? I was at 74 home and 5 road games this year (it's in INR's thread).

Sorry Dump, I just went off of what I knew from bull****ting at Sunday's game.

It looks like you got me beat as well.

Chips
09-26-2006, 11:55 PM
Two thoughts:
1. He posted he did not order postseason tickets because he felt the Sox would not be there. This means he banned himself from the park next year since non-renewal means loss of ST's.

He can still buy single game tickets or season tickets in the upper tank.

He's been on my list for quite some time.

DumpJerry
09-27-2006, 12:01 AM
He can still buy single game tickets or season tickets in the upper tank.
I'm not sure about ST's upstairs. Wait list applies to all season ticket plans regardless of location, I believe.

He'll spend through the nose for single game tickets for the big games since they will be sold out before the general public can buy them like 2006.

Also, tickets to his favorite team are available only through group sales and season ticket holders. Unless he wants to give me $500 per ticket.......

ewokpelts
09-27-2006, 12:22 AM

Two thoughts:
wait...the sox never said you'd lose ticket rights if you didnt buy playoff tickets..they just called you dumb.....
you'd lose ticket rights if you requested your money back from unplayed games.

ewokpelts
09-27-2006, 12:25 AM
I hope the Sox keep those programs. It might cost us the attendance title that is so important to Cub fans - but programs like straight A/perfect attendance is a great way to bring in more young fans.i have no doubt they'll continue these programs...the sox have ALWAYS prided themselves on giving to the community, and those free tickets leave a lasting impression on fans, young or old.
i'm still amazed the kids club is free, and you get 2 free tickets
Gene

itsnotrequired
09-27-2006, 06:20 AM
I'm not sure about ST's upstairs. Wait list applies to all season ticket plans regardless of location, I believe.

He'll spend through the nose for single game tickets for the big games since they will be sold out before the general public can buy them like 2006.

Also, tickets to his favorite team are available only through group sales and season ticket holders. Unless he wants to give me $500 per ticket.......

I'm pretty sure there is not a waiting list for Upper Reserved.

DumpJerry
09-27-2006, 08:50 AM
wait...the sox never said you'd lose ticket rights if you didnt buy playoff tickets..they just called you dumb.....
you'd lose ticket rights if you requested your money back from unplayed games.

I thought you lose your seats. If you lose your seats and there's a wait list, doesn't that mean you will have a lot of free time next summer?

I'm pretty sure there is not a waiting list for Upper Reserved.
Isn't the wait list for season tickets generally? After all, they stopped selling any plans once they hit 20,000-not just non-500 level seats.

ewokpelts
09-27-2006, 10:52 AM
I thought you lose your seats. If you lose your seats and there's a wait list, doesn't that mean you will have a lot of free time next summer?

Isn't the wait list for season tickets generally? After all, they stopped selling any plans once they hit 20,000-not just non-500 level seats.you'd lose tickets if you asked for your MONEY BACK....
if you opt out of BUYING playoff tickets, you're just an idiot....

Hangar18
09-27-2006, 12:46 PM

Two thoughts:

2 thoughts:

1. Hangar posted he didnt order postseason tickets. Does not mean you are not eligible to stay in your season-ticket seats. I'll have my same seats in 07. Shame on you Dump, Bad assumption.
2. What bothers you? That I wasnt in a rush to shell out playoff ticket money when I honestly felt they werent going to the playoffs this year?
Sorry if I didnt have the same "loyalty", but that shouldn't define how big a SOX "fan" I am. Why is that such a hot topic nowadays anyway?

Sheesh, if that bothers you .............

for the record, I dont put anyone on Ignore, I'm mature enough to like to see what people are talking about, I believe everyones opinions are valid

Hangar18
09-27-2006, 12:47 PM

Thats interesting .....

spiffie
09-27-2006, 12:48 PM
Thats interesting .....
Don't get too proud, it's not that big an honor. 97% of WSI has pulled off that trick.

Hangar18
09-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Don't get too proud, it's not that big an honor. 97% of WSI has pulled off that trick.

heh heh.

DumpJerry
09-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Hangar posted he didnt order postseason tickets. Does not mean you are not eligible to stay in your season-ticket seats. I'll have my same seats in 07. Shame on you Dump, Bad assumption.
Are you sure of that? Did your rep tell you this? I had a long-time ST holder tell me today that if you did not order postseason tickets, you lost your tickets. He also confirmed that for 500 level tickets, you have to go on the wait-list, contrary to another poster's assumption.

Chips
09-27-2006, 05:51 PM
He also confirmed that for 500 level tickets, you have to go on the wait-list, contrary to another poster's assumption.

Miller and I were both pretty damn sure that upper tank season tickets would be easy to get without a waiting list, I guess we were mistaken. :redface:

Hangar18
09-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Are you sure of that? Did your rep tell you this? I had a long-time ST holder tell me today that if you did not order postseason tickets, you lost your tickets. He also confirmed that for 500 level tickets, you have to go on the wait-list, contrary to another poster's assumption.

hey, thought you put me on "ignore" already, heh heh just kidding.
yeah I'm sure. My rep said I'll still be in my regular seats next year. So its all good for 07 :cool:

itsnotrequired
09-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Miller and I were both pretty damn sure that upper tank season tickets would be easy to get without a waiting list, I guess we were mistaken. :redface:

Well, all he said was a season ticket holder told him this. If this season ticket holder confirmed it with a rep, then so be it but if he hasn't, then it is all speculation. I haven't confirmed it either but when I was talking to my rep earlier this month, he indicated that "upgrading" my two-seat Upper Reserve plan to a three-seat Upper Reserve plan for 2007 wouldn't be a problem. Maybe he was blowing smoke but I don't see why he would. After all, how many Upper Reserve seats are claimed by full season ticket holders? 500? 750? I can't imagine there are many more than that. There are what, 7,000 seats in Upper Reserve? I don't see why the Sox couldn't add on a good 1,000 season tickets in Upper Reserve.

The only reason I see why the Sox would hold off accepting new orders for Upper Reserve is that they would want to offer them first to people already on the waiting list. So the Sox could say to someone "Well, you were too far down on the list for Lower Deck seats but we can offer you these seats upstairs instead." If they don't take them, I imagine that they would remain on the list for 2008 tickets.

I love speculation!:bandance:

soxfan80
09-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Well, all he said was a season ticket holder told him this. If this season ticket holder confirmed it with a rep, then so be it but if he hasn't, then it is all speculation. I haven't confirmed it either but when I was talking to my rep earlier this month, he indicated that "upgrading" my two-seat Upper Reserve plan to a three-seat Upper Reserve plan for 2007 wouldn't be a problem. Maybe he was blowing smoke but I don't see why he would. After all, how many Upper Reserve seats are claimed by full season ticket holders? 500? 750? I can't imagine there are many more than that. There are what, 7,000 seats in Upper Reserve? I don't see why the Sox couldn't add on a good 1,000 season tickets in Upper Reserve.

The only reason I see why the Sox would hold off accepting new orders for Upper Reserve is that they would want to offer them first to people already on the waiting list. So the Sox could say to someone "Well, you were too far down on the list for Lower Deck seats but we can offer you these seats upstairs instead." If they don't take them, I imagine that they would remain on the list for 2008 tickets.

I love speculation!:bandance:there's a quite a few upper deck season ticket holders. 81 games for 952 bucks. Not that bad a deal when you consider a weekend bleacher plan is $704 for 27 games.

the sox use the right field lower reserve seats mostly for groups.
I organized a yankee group this year in sec 104. Two weeks before the game.
And my cub group was in sec 105. And trophy day in sec 104. And I was offered Red Sox in Sec 105.

Realist
09-29-2006, 05:55 AM
That place was a madhouse all season long. :smile:

shoelessshaun27!
09-29-2006, 08:11 AM
I think this is great for the team but I don't think it'll be as big next year because alot of the fair weather fans will turn on them. But not me i'll get season tickets every year even when they are in last

Chips
09-29-2006, 08:15 AM
I think this is great for the team but I don't think it'll be as big next year because alot of the fair weather fans will turn on them. But not me i'll get season tickets every year even when they are in last

You have season tickets at 15?

zmz723
09-29-2006, 09:44 AM

I don't think anyone cares who is on your ignore list. You seem to be quite obsessed with it.

Back to the topic, you can count me for 15 of those, would have gone to more, but I had to save some money for college.

Lip Man 1
09-29-2006, 01:18 PM
Shoe:

You better hope the 'fair weather' fans don't turn on them. Three million fans a season equals a 100 million dollar payroll.

100 million gives you a lot more chances to get talent then a 75 million dollar one.

Lip

SouthSide_HitMen
09-29-2006, 05:23 PM
You have season tickets at 15?

I bought a weekend plan at the old park at age 15-16. They weren't very expensive (just under two hundred bucks for the 27 games - you didn't get a discount back then IIRC). With a part time job it is not a big deal.

Chips
09-29-2006, 05:29 PM
I bought a weekend plan at the old park at age 15-16. They weren't very expensive (just under two hundred bucks for the 27 games - you didn't get a discount back then IIRC). With a part time job it is not a big deal.

When I think of season tickets, I think full season. :cool:

chisoxmike
09-29-2006, 05:43 PM

Then its a good thing you're not in charge of ticketing for the White Sox.:cool:

SouthSide_HitMen
09-29-2006, 09:12 PM

As well as nose bleed seats and sneaking downstairs. :cool: