PDA

View Full Version : Was Yesterday Harold's Last Game w/White Sox?

TomBradley72
09-25-2006, 08:46 AM
At the beginning of this season there was some talk that Harold Baines was considering retiring as a coach after this season and that was one of the reasons he "swapped" roles with Raines...so that he could be on the field throughout his last season.

Has anyone heard anything regarding Harold for 2007? Not that big of a deal as far as his impact on the coaching staff...but if he's leaving...yesterday might have been his last appearance in a White Sox uniform in Chicago.

lumpyspun
09-25-2006, 08:57 AM
At the beginning of this season there was some talk that Harold Baines was considering retiring as a coach after this season and that was one of the reasons he "swapped" roles with Raines...so that he could be on the field throughout his last season.

Has anyone heard anything regarding Harold for 2007? Not that big of a deal as far as his impact on the coaching staff...but if he's leaving...yesterday might have been his last appearance in a White Sox uniform in Chicago.

I think you mean at home in a White Sox uniform. They still have a few games left :smile:

Hopefully Harold's coaching career with us will be like his playing days....just when you think he's gone...he comes back again!

salty99
09-25-2006, 09:15 AM
harold and all the coaches except for Raines signed contract extensions months and months ago.

esbrechtel
09-25-2006, 09:35 AM
i bet we will see sandy in banies' place

salty99
09-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Nope...more like Sandy in Tim Raines' place

Railsplitter
09-25-2006, 10:09 AM
I Thought Baines and Raines switched places because Ozzie wanted a more animated bench coach.

salty99
09-25-2006, 10:15 AM
Book it..as soon as the season is over Raines will be gone. He even admitted as much here

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060921&content_id=1675180&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

my5thbench
09-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Gosh I hate to see Rock go he seems the most animated of the bunch

Ol' No. 2
09-25-2006, 01:09 PM
I Thought Baines and Raines switched places because Ozzie wanted a more animated bench coach.I thought it was because he was tired of Harold talking his ear off in the dugout.

TDog
09-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Gosh I hate to see Rock go he seems the most animated of the bunch

Funny, though, that the White Sox didn't do as well with Tim Raines as bench coach.

Not that Raines made any game decisions.

gbergman
09-25-2006, 01:46 PM
Tim Raines shouldn't have been switched with Harold. I feel Tim was a big part of the reason for Podsedniks base stealing success. Plus, he has a very good eye when it comes to pickoff attempts

DickAllen72
09-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Tim Raines shouldn't have been switched with Harold. I feel Tim was a big part of the reason for Podsedniks base stealing success. Plus, he has a very good eye when it comes to pickoff attempts
And Raines said he likes being a first base coach better than being a bench coach. He also said he'd like to stay, but it's up to Ozzie.