PDA

View Full Version : *Official* We're Appreciated While They're Almost Out of It Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
09-24-2006, 04:04 PM
What the hell? We'll take it. A win's a win.:smile:

jenn2080
09-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Go White Sox. Good end to a home stand. Too bad we could not pick up one more win this weekend.

hi im skot
09-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Glad to see the guys show some heart in the two home games of the season.

Just go out fighting this week and we'll start making our plans for a 2007 comeback!

Kub_Killer_15
09-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Nice game for the offense! Well about the bullpen...the fans saw alot of longballs today:wink:

No gamethread today?

sox647
09-24-2006, 04:08 PM
i feel so appreciated.:gulp:

congrats to crede on #30!

and paulie is a monster.

whoooooo!!!

slobes
09-24-2006, 04:09 PM
Impressive offense.
Bullpen? Not so much.
A win's a win.
We're not done yet.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Nothing much to add, we'll take the win, happy for Joe. :smile:

Lillian
09-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Is it my imagination, or did I see Ozzie totally ignore Brian, when Brian returned to the dugout after his homer? Ozzie was at that end of the dugout, when Anderson came down the steps, and Oz never even looked at him.
Did any of you notice that? In light of all of the discussion here about potential bad blood between the two, I thought that it was noteworthy.

Brian26
09-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Tragic number is 2.

Sox need to sweep the three games in Cleveland, and KC needs to win 3 of 4 from Minnesota before Friday. If that can happen, the playoffs begin Friday in Minnesota (with the Sox being down 0-3 in a Best of Seven series).

sox1970
09-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Tragic number is 2.

Sox need to sweep the three games in Cleveland, and KC needs to win 3 of 4 from Minnesota before Friday. If that can happen, the playoffs begin Friday in Minnesota (with the Sox being down 0-3 in a Best of Seven series).

Twins will clinch by Tuesday.

ws05champs
09-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Nice to see them finish up this way at home. Now if only the Twins don't win anymore games . . .

MarySwiss
09-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Is it my imagination, or did I see Ozzie totally ignore Brian, when Brian returned to the dugout after his homer? Ozzie was at that end of the dugout, when Anderson came down the steps, and Oz never even looked at him.
Did any of you notice that? In light of all of the discussion here about potential bad blood between the two, I thought that it was noteworthy.
I hope it was your imagination, Lillian. I didn't notice. One thing, though. I noticed that when Brian came up to bat, the fans were yelling encouraging things to him. You could hear it on TV. Very classy and cool, fans! Well done!

Brian26
09-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Twins will clinch by Tuesday.

You think KC will lay down?

MarySwiss
09-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Let's hope not. I, for one, don't. Just because they lost to Detroit doesn't mean they can't cause the Twinks some problems. If KC plays the Twinks as hard as the M's just played us, things could get interesting.

Patrick134

In todays game , Grudz Teahan, and Brown were all on the bench, not sure if they're injured or what. if those guys don't play, the twins will roll.

sox1970

I'm sure the Twins will win at least 1 of the next 2, and the Sox will probably lose 1 of the next 2. It's been over for a week, but I'm sure mathematically it'll be done by Tuesday night.

No worries, we'll get 'em next year.

Kub_Killer_15
09-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Tigers clinched playoff berth today also.

Lip Man 1
09-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Teahan is out for the season... shoulder surgery.

Lip

Patrick134
09-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Tigers clinched playoff berth today also.

Tigers 13-2 so far against KC. If the sox had that record against the royals this year, they'd be fine.

Lip Man 1
09-24-2006, 04:34 PM
If the Sox had anything close to that record against the Indians, Devil Rays and Mariners they'd be 'fine.'

Lip

October26
09-24-2006, 04:43 PM
I for one am happy to see the boys play well these last two games. Obviously, it doesn't matter for the playoffs this year - but I'm hoping for a strong showing this last week and a carry-over effect for 2007.

The bullpen needs a complete overhaul, however! I trust Kenny will get the job done.

doctorlecter
09-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Okay, I didn't watch the game, so I'm looking to ESPN for some insight into what happened in the game. Here's what I get:http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=260924104

We scored -2 in the fifth and -4 in the seventh? The M's score four in the third, don't score in any other inning, and end up with seven? This must have been one weird game! Yahoo had the same problems. ***!?!?

Patrick134
09-24-2006, 04:47 PM
People talk about this like it was a horrible full season. But it was more of a horrible second half. The 80th game was AJ's big homer off Dempster at wrigley, putting the Sox at 53-27. After that it was a horrible second half. I'm not saying the game or the cubs had any factor in the decline, just using that game as a demarcation point in the schedule.

Frater Perdurabo
09-24-2006, 04:50 PM
Teahan is out for the season... shoulder surgery.

Lip

Must have been all those home run swings against the Sox. :(:

Frankfan4life
09-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Just got back from the game. This was a bittersweet win. It was great to get the win. I enjoyed the grand slam, the back-to-back homers and Paulie's 8th inning two-run homer. But, it was sad leaving the ballpark knowing that more than likely this was the last home game of the season.

I was hoping the Sox would be making playing in the post season a habit. Now I don't know what to expect next year. I just know that we need better pitching, more speed, and hitters who can bunt and move runners along. I hope Kenny can put the right pieces together.

October26
09-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Just got back from the game. This was a bittersweet win. It was great to get the win. I enjoyed the grand slam, the back-to-back homers and Paulie's 8th inning two-run homer. But, it was sad leaving the ballpark knowing that more than likely this was the last home game of the season.

I was hoping the Sox would be making playing in the post season a habit. Now I don't know what to expect next year. I just know that we need better pitching, more speed, and hitters who can bunt and move runners along. I hope Kenny can put the right pieces together.

I know what you mean - with every day that passes, and every Twins win, our season comes closer and closer to the end. As bad as the last 10 days have been (since Oakland), I have enjoyed the Sox play prior to that. We are all disappointed that there will not be a post season. I am always sad the last week of the baseball season. Thank God for WSI which will serve as my connection to other Sox fans during both the regular and off seasons. Look forward to hangin' out :whiner:

MarySwiss
09-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Before the season started, I made a bet with a guy I know who had dissed the Sox, thus rattling my chain. I bet him my $10 against his $5 that the Sox would repeat. Of course he took the bet, since it was, in essence, a "sucker" bet; I got the Sox; he got everybody else. He was right, but then again, he was wrong. Sure it was a sucker bet from a logical standpoint. But I knew exactly what I was doing; I was betting on My Sox.

Soon--barring a miracle--I will have to pay him and--most likely--eat some crow. But you know what? I really can't get too upset over losing $10 on a team that won me $3,000 a year ago. And--depending on what KW does during the Hot Stove League--I will offer my friend a similar bet next year. Because there are some bets that are made with the heart, not the head. And I love My Sox.

HotelWhiteSox
09-24-2006, 05:50 PM

Minnesota is better than KC and both Minny/Det don't take off games that they should win easily (the reason we'll be at home next month).

A win today, but again living and dieing on the HR, Mariners suck bad enough, but this is off September call ups. I am still watching/caring, but as was usual Sox fashion before 05, they finally play well when it's too late, no pressure now. Cotts has also become Marte

October26
09-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Before the season started, I made a bet with a guy I know who had dissed the Sox, thus rattling my chain. I bet him my $5 against his $10 that the Sox would repeat. Of course he took the bet, since it was, in essence, a "sucker" bet; I got the Sox; he got everybody else. He was right, but then again, he was wrong. Sure it was a sucker bet from a logical standpoint. But I knew exactly what I was doing; I was betting on My Sox.

Soon--barring a miracle--I will have to pay him and--most likely--eat some crow. But you know what? I really can't get too upset over losing $10 on a team that won me $3,000 a year ago. And--depending on what KW does during the Hot Stove League--I will offer my friend a similar bet next year. Because there are some bets that are made with the heart, not the head. And I love My Sox.

:worship: :thumbsup: :hug:

jenn2080
09-24-2006, 05:57 PM

I felt that way when I walked out yesterday. Thankfully I will get to see the Sox playoffs or no playoffs 2 more times before the season ends.

hi im skot
09-24-2006, 06:28 PM

I know exactly how you feel.

I felt the same way leaving Comiskey yesterday; an exciting win spent with my family (whom I haven't been to a game with since July 4th) at my favorite place in the world.

The end of the baseball season (or at least White Sox baseball) is a crushing blow.

I've done my best to continue to remain as optimistic as I can with this team. I've said many times over the past couple years that the White Sox are a team that you can never count out.

Now, with a two game "tragic" number, it looks as if our heroes are going to officially lose the battle. It's such a terrible, helpless feeling, knowing that October is coming and we won't be able to enjoy the glory that we did just a year ago.

Being that I'm not from Chicago, any time that I spent there post-regular season last year was just unbelievable. There was just a buzz, a feeling in the air, once you crossed into the city. Finally, it was "okay" to be a White Sox fan.

Unfortunately, I was unable to get tickets to any of the playoff games, but hanging on to every pitch on television was just as exciting for those of us who have been following the South Siders faithfully. How amazing was it to see OUR Comiskey Park as the center of the sports world for a week?

I spent some time in Chicago last November meeting with friends. Though the temperatures were cold, the city had never felt so warm and comforting...this was the hometown of baseball's world championship team.

Unfortunately, we won't know that same indescribable feeling this season. Our boys weren't able to bring home the grand prize, and Chicago is just a little less magical for it. Leaving the park yesterday afternoon was difficult; this year, we won't be opening our doors to the rest of the baseball world. We'll have to brave the offseason without a fresh championship glow to keep us warm.

Baseball, when it doesn't quite go your way (as fenway's signature says) breaks your heart. Baseball is also quite like a religion. We continue to believe, even when things look bleak.

Sure, I'm disappointed with the White Sox...who isn't? What's more disappointing (and a little unnerving) is that they won't be a bright spot for me to look forward to next month. How easy it is to get used to and begin to expect excellence once it's presented to us.

To the 2006 squad: thanks for some great memories. I'd prefer to focus on the good than the bad. I'm confident that next year's edition will again provide us with some thrills and give us reason once again to believe. And even if they don't, at least our sacred meeting house will once again be open, offering us fellowship and delicious food as it has for oh so long.

Thank you for reading through this trainwreck of a post. I've been struggling with coming to grips with our likely fate. Thankfully, there are plenty of sane, reasonable people here to keep up the good spirits and get us primed for an awesome 2007 season.
:smile:

chisoxmike
09-24-2006, 06:30 PM

Yes.

southside rocks
09-24-2006, 06:45 PM
Because there are some bets that are made with the heart, not the head. And I love My Sox.

Absolutely right.

This team broke my heart this year. But you know what I realized this week? That I had to give them my heart in order for them to break it.

And what if I had never given them my heart -- I would have missed so much -- the good years leading up to last year, and then the incredible joy of the 2005 post-season, and a wonderful, beautiful summer of 2006. I had FUN at the Cell. I saw some good baseball. I met some terrific fans. I reveled in the summer afternoons and evenings.

Being a fan means taking an emotional risk. But without risk, there is no reward. Now I'm ready for them to finish off the season in style -- I predict they'll be 4-2 on the road this week -- and then I'll wait while the 2007 White Sox team takes shape.

And next March, I'll give my heart to them, and believe that they won't break it again. It's what fans do.

chisoxmike
09-24-2006, 06:52 PM
I still can't believe this team isn't going to the playoffs.:(:

Chez
09-24-2006, 06:58 PM
It was a great atmosphere at the park today. The fans gave extended ovations to Paulie and Freddie. Other than booing Cotts as he was walking off the mound, I thought the fans (and I was stunned at how many showed up under the circumstances) were genuinely appreciative and gave the team a very warm send-off. Made me proud to be a Sox fan.

Grzegorz
09-24-2006, 06:59 PM

I cannot believe it either. It's a shame that this team that positioned itself so well really imploded in so many areas.

I hope that Anderson improves in winter ball, and that the pitching situation is addressed. At first I was concerned just about the starters, now it is both the starting and relief corp that need to be addressed.

This is a division on the rise with young talent; I expect every team in the division to improve next year.

The 'Hot Stove' league will be great to watch this year. What a time to be a White Sox fan! (seriously)

chisoxmike
09-24-2006, 07:00 PM
It was a great atmosphere at the park today. The fans gave extended ovations to Paulie and Freddie. Other than booing Cotts as he was walking off the mound, I thought the fans (and I was stunned at how many showed up under the circumstances) were genuinely appreciative and gave the team a very warm send-off. Made me proud to be a Sox fan.

The players, in even a more classy move, before walking into the dugout after the final out, cheered on the fans, raised their hats, and thanked the Sox fans that were giving them a standing ovation while they walked off the field. It was nice.

Frankfan4life
09-24-2006, 07:01 PM
I know exactly how you feel.

I felt the same way leaving Comiskey yesterday; an exciting win spent with my family (whom I haven't been to a game with since July 4th) at my favorite place in the world.

The end of the baseball season (or at least White Sox baseball) is a crushing blow.

I've done my best to continue to remain as optimistic as I can with this team. I've said many times over the past couple years that the White Sox are a team that you can never count out.

Now, with a two game "tragic" number, it looks as if our heroes are going to officially lose the battle. It's such a terrible, helpless feeling, knowing that October is coming and we won't be able to enjoy the glory that we did just a year ago.

Being that I'm not from Chicago, any time that I spent there post-regular season last year was just unbelievable. There was just a buzz, a feeling in the air, once you crossed into the city. Finally, it was "okay" to be a White Sox fan.

Unfortunately, I was unable to get tickets to any of the playoff games, but hanging on to every pitch on television was just as exciting for those of us who have been following the South Siders faithfully. How amazing was it to see OUR Comiskey Park as the center of the sports world for a week?

I spent some time in Chicago last November meeting with friends. Though the temperatures were cold, the city had never felt so warm and comforting...this was the hometown of baseball's world championship team.

Unfortunately, we won't know that same indescribable feeling this season. Our boys weren't able to bring home the grand prize, and Chicago is just a little less magical for it. Leaving the park yesterday afternoon was difficult; this year, we won't be opening our doors to the rest of the baseball world. We'll have to brave the offseason without a fresh championship glow to keep us warm.

Baseball, when it doesn't quite go your way (as fenway's signature says) breaks your heart. Baseball is also quite like a religion. We continue to believe, even when things look bleak.

Sure, I'm disappointed with the White Sox...who isn't? What's more disappointing (and a little unnerving) is that they won't be a bright spot for me to look forward to next month. How easy it is to get used to and begin to expect excellence once it's presented to us.

To the 2006 squad: thanks for some great memories. I'd prefer to focus on the good than the bad. I'm confident that next year's edition will again provide us with some thrills and give us reason once again to believe. And even if they don't, at least our sacred meeting house will once again be open, offering us fellowship and delicious food as it has for oh so long.

Thank you for reading through this trainwreck of a post. I've been struggling with coming to grips with our likely fate. Thankfully, there are plenty of sane, reasonable people here to keep up the good spirits and get us primed for an awesome 2007 season.
:smile:
Well said. The last few posts have pretty much summed up what a lot of Sox fans must be feeling as this regular season comes to a close. I guess this is similar to what Twins fans felt last year. I just hope we bounce back into the playoffs next year like the Twins did this year.

Chez
09-24-2006, 07:09 PM
The players, in even a more classy move, before walking into the dugout after the final out, cheered on the fans, raised their hats, and thanked the Sox fans that were giving them a standing ovation while they walked off the field. It was nice.

That was nice. But did you notice that it was orchestrated by Ozzie? As the players were walking back to the dug-out after congratulating each other, Ozzie told them all to thank the fans. And they did. The video montage was nice too (the only time Natalie Merchant hasn't triggered my gag reflex).

DieTrying79
09-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Absolutely right.

This team broke my heart this year. But you know what I realized this week? That I had to give them my heart in order for them to break it.

And what if I had never given them my heart -- I would have missed so much -- the good years leading up to last year, and then the incredible joy of the 2005 post-season, and a wonderful, beautiful summer of 2006. I had FUN at the Cell. I saw some good baseball. I met some terrific fans. I reveled in the summer afternoons and evenings.

Being a fan means taking an emotional risk. But without risk, there is no reward. Now I'm ready for them to finish off the season in style -- I predict they'll be 4-2 on the road this week -- and then I'll wait while the 2007 White Sox team takes shape.

And next March, I'll give my heart to them, and believe that they won't break it again. It's what fans do.

Profound statment there, and I couldn't have said it better myself.

Today, despite knowing we're basically done, barring a miracle, was one of the best games of the season for me. This was the first season in a long time I'd gone to a few games with my dad, and I'd forgotten just how important that is. I'll never forget jumping up and down and giving my dad a huge hug when Juan got the slam...Playoffs or not, it was a great game...

hi im skot
09-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Today, despite knowing we're basically done, barring a miracle, was one of the best games of the season for me. This was the first season in a long time I'd gone to a few games with my dad, and I'd forgotten just how important that is. I'll never forget jumping up and down and giving my dad a huge hug when Juan got the slam...Playoffs or not, it was a great game...

Had a few of those moments with my dad this season.

Just one of the many things that makes baseball such a beautiful game.

hi im skot
09-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Absolutely right.

I love this post.

jenn2080
09-24-2006, 07:33 PM
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

jenn2080
09-24-2006, 07:34 PM
That was nice. But did you notice that it was orchestrated by Ozzie? As the players were walking back to the dug-out after congratulating each other, Ozzie told them all to thank the fans. And they did. The video montage was nice too (the only time Natalie Merchant hasn't triggered my gag reflex).

They played that yesterday during the rain delay. :whiner:

cheezheadsoxfan
09-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Absolutely right.

Great post, thank you for your eloquence.

ajismyhero
09-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Absolutely right.

I also love this post! This whole week has been so emotional - between Monday's loss and then AJ's grandslam and then a lot of disappointing baseball. But seeing them play so well after the rain delay and then again, just made it all worth it. So, thank you, white sox, for giving us all something to believe in, something to be passionate about. And let's kick some butt in Cleveland!!

Brian26
09-24-2006, 07:58 PM

Ah, the "Thank You" song, right? They have been playing that before all of the games this week since at least Thursday.

SoxandtheCityTee
09-24-2006, 08:01 PM

That is good to hear. I was sitting in seats behind the Sox dugout Saturday and when Buerhle was taken out of the game I scooted down and clapped and cheered and yelled some words of encouragement and thanks to Mark. There were some other cheers and applause but given the situation, he couldn't really do or say anything. Among many hopes I have for next year is that we have a chance to cheer him again, in happier times. He's been great and, I believe, will be great again.

southside rocks
09-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Great post, thank you for your eloquence.

Thank you, but I had some inspiration: to cheer myself up, because I am so bummed that the season is drawing to a close, I watched the Sox Pride video. It got me thinking about Sox teams past, present, and future, and what it is to be a fan. I'm very thankful to be a White Sox fan. The Sox and baseball have meant a lot to me since I was 11 years old. And every long-term relationship has its ups and downs, but I'll never get a divorce from the White Sox. :smile:

mccoydp
09-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Pretty fun game to watch today, except when Cotts started throwing meatballs and living up dingers.

Might as well use one of these while I still can:
:winner

Soxworldchamps
09-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Way to go, Sox!

Did anyone else see JD and Uribe do their little handshake thing after Uribe's slam? It cracked me and my dad up.

Also, my mom wants to enroll me in a 12 step program to get off my White Sox addiction. What, isn't it perfectly normal for a 14 year old girl in Virginia to be obsessed with the Sox? Gosh.

Frontman
09-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Absolutely right.

Nothing can be said any better folks. I'm proud to be a Sox fan right alongside you, my friend. Here's to 2007.

Yeah, it was sad to think today might of been "it" for the year. But what a way to go out. 5 Homers, a Slam (which was just plain fun to see one), some great plays in the field (Dye wasn't going to let something as simple as the stands keep him from catching that one flyout); and yes, even signs of what needs to be addressed in the offseason. (Only one play out of all of them was I bugged with our defensive play.) But that's a part of rooting for a team. And it also doesn't matter right now, tonight. Tonight I'll be falling asleep thinking about spending the day with my family, rooting for our favorite team, which didn't disappoint us today.

I dug the thank you vid, I dug the mutual appreciation, players for fans; fans for the players. Doesn't matter if Ozzie had said for them to do it. I take that as a moment of the players being occupied as that "6-3" hung on the out-of-town scoreboard. At that moment, though; it didn't matter. Fans were supportive of this team. Sure, a few boos (and yeah, I even booed on after the back to back homers. I did NOT boo Neal off the field. I clapped politely.) But even in a few heckles, noone was mean spirited. One guy even yelled "Ozzie, don't pull Freddie! Come on, let him finish, he's family!!!" I laughed pretty good at that. We sung, we rooted, we clapped, and we all were happy to sing the team off with a "Naa Naa Na-Nah" and a White Sox winner.

I know we all had our hats off in return to them, and man; even though football season is underway, this is the first time I'm really stoked to see "pitchers and catchers report." In a way, even more so than this past spring, as I knew it would be very difficult or next to impossible for the team to repeat. Like others have said, this bittersweet ending might put a taste in the mouth of our Sox not to go through it again next year, and come out even stronger.

I also dug the fact the team took the field together, instead of staggered. That was a great sign of respect for each other. I dug the ovation for Freddie, both when he left the game and actually when he walked from the bullpen. I loved the fact we all cheered for our team.

I also have to say I appreciate how damn good of a ballplayer Ichiro is after watching the game. Hell, he jumped to the top of the outfield wall! Like his foot on the wall, ready to climb into the stands. That was something! If anyone didn't catch that, check out the yahoo photos from todays game in the sports section. I think its too big for post useage.

Seattle didn't have much to play for today, but still gave the Sox a great opponent. The Sox in return in one game showed what this season represented, both good and bad, but in the end; it was good game to see. They didn't lie down, they played for us. They played to win, and that's all you can ever ask.

Fire up that Captain Stubby, gang!

White Sox, White Sox, Go-Go White Sox!!

Take care, gang.

Front

Domeshot17
09-24-2006, 10:55 PM
Just got in from the game, went out for a bit afterwards. You kow today was the first day I enjoyed the game for what it was, 1 game. All season with my S/T package, its been like, whats detroit done, whats minny done, And when we won and so did they, it seemed to ruin it a little. Today I just sat back, (with my portable tv with the bears game on as well) talked with the people around me and my girlfriend, had a few beers and a hot dog, got excited for the home runs, and just had a damn good time.

I still am frusterated to hell with this team. I think I know how my parents felt in a way. I brought home mostly B's, which wasnt bad, but when testing time came, no matter what the test, was always 97-98-99 percentile. They were always a little frusterated with me, because i didnt do bad, but i could have done better. I think that is how this team is. They were not bad. But they could have done much better. Have to tip our caps to the twins and tigers for doing better then us. Have to come out hungry next year, because this team just never seemed to want it like last year.

Oh well. The bad news, the rest of the season is for fun. The good news, maybe the bandwagon shrinks down a little, and you can still get better seats and not deal with the neophytes. My prime example, after the home run in the 8th inning to center, some kid about 18-22 started yellin THROW IT BACK BE A TRUE FAN, and i just turned and yelled this isnt wrigley, they might throw it back in the minors, but not here kid. He replied "yah well im not giving these chokers a dime of my money next year" (which was followed by a few rows singing na na na na hey hey good bye at him).

Thanks to everyone though, all the fans who made it the most attended season in sox history. There is a qoute that says the captain goes down with his ship, well, this season, so did all the ship men ( and women). And hopefully next year we will see the boat float once again.

StillMissOzzie
09-25-2006, 12:20 AM
A bittersweet ending, a victory that's all for naught, for a season that should have been but won't be.
If today's game was Uribe's last AB in USCF (for the Sox, anyhow) then he left the crowd with a great memory to cherish. :(:
And it sure looked to me like Cotts has chipped in on his one-way ticket out of town. :angry:

Here's to better times in 2007!

SMO
:gulp:

esbrechtel
09-25-2006, 08:34 AM
i had a lot of fun at the game yesterday....i will admit im sad that it is going to take a snowballs chance in hell for the sox to make the playoffs, but for some reason yesterday it didnt matter and the fact that the sox players stayed on the field during the video and the fans all stayed in their seats and cheered the players was so awesome....i really wanted these guys to have a chance to defend their title at least they put up a pretty good fight and stayed in it to the end....as far as repeats, i guess we will just have to hope for the rush to repeat!!!!

Dan H
09-25-2006, 10:08 AM
I had a great time at the last home game, but it was bittersweet. It was great to send off the team with an ovation once the home season was over. It was tough to watch the team not bring in runners from third with less than two out, and worse yet, it was tough to watch a bullpen struggle not to give up a huge lead. The Sox can't hit five homers and score 12 every day.

ChiSoxGirl
09-25-2006, 10:45 AM

Just reading about that gave me goosebumps. It had to be incredible to see that. What a classy move. :thumbsup:

Iwritecode
09-25-2006, 11:15 AM

I don't remember where I read it but it sums up this team perfectly.

"This is the most talented 3rd place team I've ever seen."

Chicago
09-25-2006, 11:36 AM
Do you think they will release the Thank You Chicago montage on whitesox.com??? I'd like to have a copy of that.

The best way they can thank us is by doing us proud and winning the rest of these 2006 games. Playoffs or not, go out like Champs.

Justagirl
09-25-2006, 12:42 PM
I also have to say I appreciate how damn good of a ballplayer Ichiro is after watching the game. Hell, he jumped to the top of the outfield wall! Like his foot on the wall, ready to climb into the stands. That was something! If anyone didn't catch that, check out the yahoo photos from todays game in the sports section. I think its too big for post useage.

That was insane. I didnt realize he did that until I watched the replays. I was too focussed on the ball..when it was quite a distance away I just knew it was coming to me and I was freaking out. I caught the ball and it bounced out of my hand and landed a few rows down. It happened so fast but that was my ball.. haha. It would have hit me in my face if I wouldnt have put my hands up. It was my birthday too! :)
The atmosphere was incredibly ridiculous. That was my first time seeing the thank you tribute..that combined with the players applauding the fans and paying us their respect, well, of course I cried like a baby. What a year.. Its been quite an emotional roller coaster. We all wanted them to have a 2006 championship trophy, but at least we can find comfort in the fact that our team will not go down without a fight. If you want our trophy, you have to beat us down and take it, or at the very least, watch your back. It's been fun!:cheers: