Freddy Garcia
Micheal Young
Andruw Jones

twinkiesfan08
09-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Depending on how october treats him, maybe A-Rod

Fenway
09-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Manny will be traded by Boston this time no doubt about it, they are fed up with him

TORONTO -- Manny Ramirez had already showered and dressed as his teammates walked into the clubhouse Saturday after a 5-3 loss to the Blue Jays that mathematically eliminated the Red Sox from making the playoffs. He was out the door no more than a minute after the final out. It appears Ramirez also cannot wait to get out of Boston, once and for all.

http://www.courant.com/sports/baseball/redsox/hc-redsox0924.artsep24,0,6878125.story?track=rss

caulfield12
09-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Who do you predict will be traded in the off season

Some of the players I think will be playing somewhere else are
Ichrio Suzuki
Dontrelle Willis
Manny Ramirez
Freddy Garcia
Micheal Young
Andruw Jones

The Sox and Cubs are two of the apparently 6 teams Manny wants to go to.

Not sure we can call Garcia a "star" anymore...or you could substitute Vazquez and/or Buehrle with that name, although trading MB makes no sense to me.

T. Hunter has 29 homers now and will be getting a contract close to $10 million from someone...maybe the Red Sox?

Ichiro would be great, but at what cost could you justify it?

Lip Man 1
09-24-2006, 05:40 PM
For Ichiro I'd trade three or four prospects. That's what the M's are going to want.

He's worth every penny. He plays exceptional defense, he steals bases, he hits the other way. The guy is the best bet for a lead off hitter out there.

Lip

Frater Perdurabo
09-24-2006, 06:01 PM
For Ichiro I'd trade three or four prospects. That's what the M's are going to want.

He's worth every penny. He plays exceptional defense, he steals bases, he hits the other way. The guy is the best bet for a lead off hitter out there.

Lip

I'm salivating at the thought of an Ichiro-Iguchi 1-2 punch as well as the outstanding outfield defense with Ichiro in right, Anderson in center and Dye in left.

Do the Sox have three or four prospects that the Mariners would accept for Ichiro? Would McCarthy still be considered a prospect? Would McCarthy + Fields + Broadway + Rogowski get it done?

caulfield12
09-24-2006, 06:08 PM
I'm salivating at the thought of an Ichiro-Iguchi 1-2 punch as well as the outstanding outfield defense with Ichiro in right, Anderson in center and Dye in left.

Do the Sox have three or four prospects that the Mariners would accept for Ichiro? Would McCarthy still be considered a prospect? Would McCarthy + Fields + Broadway + Rogowski get it done?

Not Rogowski...forget that one.

Broadway AND McCarthy
Sweeney or Anderson (pick one)
Fields (doesn't make sense, they are stuck with Beltre)
Owens

Sox-o-matic
09-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Since we're already getting Ichiro, I want Jimmy Rollins to hit second behind him. We can trade Uribe and Fields to the Phils since they'll need a 3B and a SS.

TheKittle
09-24-2006, 07:49 PM

Lip

Why would you want Ichiro? Actually the better question is why would you give up so many prospects for him?

He's had two "bad" years in a row. Good years for most other players but bad for Ichiro. Ichiro hitting under 320? He's not getting any younger. And his average taking a dive the last two years in August and Sept has to be a concern.

I still think he's a great player and if you see him over a 3-4 game series, he'll do something amazing in each game.

Chisox003
09-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Why would you want Ichiro? Actually the better question is why would you give up so many prospects for him?

He's had two "bad" years in a row. Good years for most other players but bad for Ichiro. Ichiro hitting under 320? He's not getting any younger. And his average taking a dive the last two years in August and Sept has to be a concern.

I still think he's a great player and if you see him over a 3-4 game series, he'll do something amazing in each game.
He has 80 more hits than our leadoff man, a cannon for an arm and can play any OF position. Great leadoff man, good speed and flexibility...something the Sox either didn't have or didn't use this year.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

DSpivack
09-25-2006, 12:15 AM
There's no way Ichiro plays anywhere else next year. It would be a gigantic marketing mistake for the M's to trade him, and I doubt they even think about it.

chaerulez
09-25-2006, 12:17 AM
Who do you predict will be traded in the off season

Some of the players I think will be playing somewhere else are
Ichrio Suzuki
Dontrelle Willis
Manny Ramirez
Freddy Garcia
Micheal Young
Andruw Jones

I think Ichrio may still stay in Seattle, especially if they get that gyroball pitcher. The Marlins might look foolish to trade Willis, but they already have four other decent starters, but you can never have too much pitching so I personally wouldn't do it. The other four are probably gone, but I don't think Garcia is anywhere close to being a star, or Willis for that matter.

chisoxmike
09-25-2006, 12:51 AM

Lip

Yes, I've been saying Ichiro for weeks now. Get him Kenny.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3976&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1139984222 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3976&d=1139984222)
"Who do you want?"

MrRoboto83
09-25-2006, 01:04 AM
Yes, I've been saying Ichiro for weeks now. Get him Kenny.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3976&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1139984222 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3976&d=1139984222)
"Who do you want?"

The Top of the lineup would be deadly with him, can you even imagine!

Rocky Soprano
09-25-2006, 10:19 AM
I'd rather have Carl Crawford then Ichiro.

palehozenychicty
09-25-2006, 04:49 PM
I'd rather have Carl Crawford then Ichiro.

Nah....Ichiro is better.

socko82
09-25-2006, 05:32 PM
If the Jays can't sign Vernon Wells to an extension I expect that he'll be traded. If Peter Angelos ever lets his baseball people make a decision for themselves I think Tejada will be moved. Other lesser names I've read that will probably be available:
CoCo Crisp
Hank Blalock
Victor Martinez
Pat Burrell
and of course Aaron Rowand

I agree with Lip that if Ichiro (or Carl Crawford) becomes available Kenny needs to give up whatever it takes to get either of them here.

caulfield12
09-25-2006, 05:57 PM
If the Jays can't sign Vernon Wells to an extension I expect that he'll be traded. If Peter Angelos ever lets his baseball people make a decision for themselves I think Tejada will be moved. Other lesser names I've read that will probably be available:
CoCo Crisp
Hank Blalock
Victor Martinez
Pat Burrell
and of course Aaron Rowand

I agree with Lip that if Ichiro (or Carl Crawford) becomes available Kenny needs to give up whatever it takes to get either of them here.

Why would the Indians want to trade Martinez? Yeah, he can't catch, but who else would want him as their catcher? Could you imagine him and Garcia paired up? They would wear out a racetrack between first the third with two lanes and dotted yellow lines.

However, he's a cheap/affordable player with very good offensive skills for the next three years. Even if you're a closet Ryan Garko fan, you have to realize Martinez is a better hitter, and he probably would do even better as a full-time DH or 1B, probably 1B, because Hafner is deficient over there.

palehozenychicty
09-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Why would the Indians want to trade Martinez? Yeah, he can't catch, but who else would want him as their catcher? Could you imagine him and Garcia paired up? They would wear out a racetrack between first the third with two lanes and dotted yellow lines.

However, he's a cheap/affordable player with very good offensive skills for the next three years. Even if you're a closet Ryan Garko fan, you have to realize Martinez is a better hitter, and he probably would do even better as a full-time DH or 1B, probably 1B, because Hafner is deficient over there.

I thought the Indjans planned to move Martinez over to 1st in ST 07.

munchman33
09-25-2006, 06:20 PM
Nah....Ichiro is better.

But Crawford is younger, not yet in his prime, and signed longterm for relatively cheap.

Maybe we could get them both...

socko82
09-25-2006, 06:31 PM

I've read in the Cleveland papers that the pitchers are grumbling about his defense and they are extremely high on Kelly Shoppach behind the plate. With the Garko/Hafner combo at 1B/Dh they aren't looking to dump Martinez but are willing to listen to offers for him for the first time.

palehozenychicty
09-25-2006, 07:06 PM
But Crawford is younger, not yet in his prime, and signed longterm for relatively cheap.

Maybe we could get them both...

True dat on both sentiments. I just think that Ichiro is a better all-around player right now.

munchman33
09-25-2006, 07:29 PM
True dat on both sentiments. I just think that Ichiro is a better all-around player right now.

No doubt. Most would argue he's the best all around player in baseball. I wouldn't argue against them.

PennStater98r
09-26-2006, 11:07 AM
I have been hoping the Sox have been asking Japanese players to come play for them (Takatsu included) so that they could attact Ichiro for years now.

I love Ichiro and would love to see him wearing a White Sox uniform. Crawford would be nice; however, Ichiro does bring the "right now" factor - not to mention his marketability is amazing. He's the type of player that could fill seats if there's a portion of fans that don't come back next year.

oeo
09-26-2006, 12:00 PM
The Sox and Cubs are two of the apparently 6 teams Manny wants to go to.

Not sure we can call Garcia a "star" anymore...or you could substitute Vazquez and/or Buehrle with that name, although trading MB makes no sense to me.

T. Hunter has 29 homers now and will be getting a contract close to $10 million from someone...maybe the Red Sox?

Ichiro would be great, but at what cost could you justify it?

Why the Cubs? The guy gets in his little fits when the Red Sox aren't playing well...he'd be "injured" all year for the Cubs.

Paulwny
09-26-2006, 12:25 PM
I love Ichiro and would love to see him wearing a White Sox uniform. Crawford would be nice; however, Ichiro does bring the "right now" factor - not to mention his marketability is amazing. He's the type of player that could fill seats if there's a portion of fans that don't come back next year.

And, this is exactly why the Mariners won't let him go, unless he demands a trade. He is a revenue generator for Seattle.

Domeshot17
09-26-2006, 12:41 PM
True but there has been a ton of talk for a while now Ichiro is unhappy with seattle and the direction of the franchise. He did not come to America to be the best player on a bad baseball team.

I would assume to get either Ichiro or Crawford you are talking atleast Brandon-one of Fields Sweeney Brian- and Heager or Broadway

PorkChopExpress
09-26-2006, 12:49 PM
The Top of the lineup would be deadly with him, can you even imagine!

Yeah, I could imagine.

1. Ichiro singles.
2. Tadahito bunts him over.
3. Dye hits a sharp single, Cora not realizing who is running holds Ichiro at third (if it were PK he'd have sent him).
4. Thome K's looking at a curve ball.
5. PK grounds out softly, end of inning two LOB.

Also, Crede will lead off the following inning with a shallow pop-out.

Sorry, I guess I am still a little bitter.