PDA

View Full Version : Positive Thoughts For 2007: #1 - Contract Years!

MadetoOrta
09-23-2006, 02:38 PM
Buehrle, Crede and Dye [I'm not sure about Garcia, Vazquez and AJ] are in imporant contract years. It seems you'll read about guys having big years during their "contract years."

Time to start thinking about Sox fest and our 2007 Chicago White Sox!

[This actually makes me feel better]

Chicken Dinner
09-23-2006, 02:41 PM
http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2005/01/chicago-white-sox.html

caulfield12
09-23-2006, 02:44 PM
They hold the rights for Crede through 08.

Dye will probably be signed long-term, but they could always just exercise the one year option.

Iguchi will be in his contract year (if they pick up the option for 07).

Buehrle, if they pick up his option (becoming something of a question mark).

Garcia will be gone, but it is his last year (guaranteed contract).

White Sox can keep Vazquez through 08 if they like, but it's "sort of" an option year in that he won't be renewed for 08 if he doesn't pitch more consistently.

Corlose 15
09-23-2006, 03:50 PM
AJ signed a 3 year 15M deal this past offseason.

veeter
09-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Look at the back of any long time, good pitcher's baseball card, and you'll see a blip like Buerhle's 2006 season. I think Mark will be back very strong and win 18 games next year. I feel the October work load tired him out. I was also very surprised at Josh Fields' speed. I think he'd be great in left next year.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-23-2006, 04:06 PM
Buehrle, Crede and Dye [I'm not sure about Garcia, Vazquez and AJ] are in imporant contract years. It seems you'll read about guys having big years during their "contract years."

Time to start thinking about Sox fest and our 2007 Chicago White Sox!

[This actually makes me feel better]

Same here. It's done. Why keep wallowing in misery.

SOXSINCE'70
09-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Maybe KW will trade for Johan Santana.:roflmao: :roflmao:

MadetoOrta
09-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Maybe KW will trade for Johan Santana.:roflmao: :roflmao:

Maybe Jermaine Dye goes bye-bye after 2007 to make room in the budget for Santana.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Look at the back of any long time, good pitcher's baseball card, and you'll see a blip like Buerhle's 2006 season. I think Mark will be back very strong and win 18 games next year. I feel the October work load tired him out. I was also very surprised at Josh Fields' speed. I think he'd be great in left next year.

I'm not being a wiseass, but can you give some examples? I looked up Maddux (who Buehrle is often compared to) and he went 15-15 in 1990. Of course that was with the Cubs and his ERA was still respectable, between 3-4. I really hope this season is just an abberation for Mark.

MadetoOrta
09-23-2006, 04:15 PM
I think we're going to hear a few days after the season ends that Mark's pitched hurt for 2 months. The Sox flew him back from Boston a month ago for "tests". I think he's hurt.

I too expect a big year from Mark. He knows how to pitch, he'll be healthy and he'll have a big-ass contract to play for. [Watch what Zito gets]

veeter
09-23-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm not being a wiseass, but can you give some examples? I looked up Maddux (who Buehrle is often compared to) and he went 15-15 in 1990. Of course that was with the Cubs and his ERA was still respectable, between 3-4. I really hope this season is just an abberation for Mark.
You're not being a wiseass. I'll have to check my cards for examples. But it's safe to say every stud pitcher has two or three down years in a long career. I know Clemens had some bad years with Boston at the end. I just think ANY thought of launching Mark after this year is crazy. He'll be just fine.

EndemicSox
09-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Crede has lost 3 million or so with his month long slump. Hoepfully he gets hot come next spring.

nug0hs
09-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Positive Thought #2 - Green seats will be DONE!:bandance:

veeter
09-23-2006, 04:30 PM
I just went mlb.com and checked out Clemens' and Glavine's (who's a great comparison to MB) career stats. They both had some stinkers in there. It just happens. I just feel Mark is the Sox's horse. They kind of live and die with him. They need to get him right and resume a hopefully 15-16yr. fine career with the Sox.

kitekrazy
09-23-2006, 05:14 PM
You're not being a wiseass. I'll have to check my cards for examples. But it's safe to say every stud pitcher has two or three down years in a long career. I know Clemens had some bad years with Boston at the end. I just think ANY thought of launching Mark after this year is crazy. He'll be just fine.

Great post. Nolan Ryan's stats are not pretty. It happens to all pitchers.