PDA

View Full Version : Does this bother you like it bothers me - PART II

MadetoOrta
09-23-2006, 07:14 AM
In today's Sun-Times Guillen again singles out Brian Anderson when discussing the team's free fall. "We went with Brian Anderson and it didn't work out." What didn't work out? His .290 average in the 2d half? We were 26 over .500 when he was below the Mendoza line.

Why is he singling out this kid?

Please pray that Florida is dumb enough to hire Cora and KW replaces him with someone to take this clown's spot when we're 10 under .500 in June 2007.

wassagstdu
09-23-2006, 08:06 AM
In today's Sun-Times Guillen again singles out Brian Anderson when discussing the team's free fall. "We went with Brian Anderson and it didn't work out." What didn't work out? His .290 average in the 2d half? We were 26 over .500 when he was below the Mendoza line.

Please pray that Florida is dumb enough to hire Cora and KW replaces him with someone to take this clown's spot when we're 10 under .500 in June 2007.

Looks just a tiny bit like a quote out of context to me. And if the "clown" you refer to is the manager who is largely responsible for the only Sox WS championship in four generations, then with all due respect, I think you should sit down and shut up. That's the most diplomatic way I could think of to say it without a bunch of asterisks. Some of you people are hard to take.

SOXandILLINI
09-23-2006, 08:36 AM
i'm pretty sure that was the clown he was referring to. i'm very comfortable with that assessment... you are right, some of you people are hard to take.

southside rocks
09-23-2006, 08:47 AM
Well, it doesn't bother me at all, and I don't understand why anyone gets "bothered" by crap they read in the newspaper.

First of all, as wassagstdu noted, you don't have any context for that remark at all. It's really dumb to pick one sentence out of a conversation and react to it. It's what the idiots in the "news media" do all the time, and it only contributes to misinformation and overall stupidity.

Second, the people who jump on here and bash Ozzie because they're disappointed that this year's team is puking right now are absolutely fair-weather fans, IMO. Not one single person here could do Ozzie Guillen's job. That doesn't mean we have to agree with everything Ozzie says and does, but **** already about "he should be gone." He's done something you will never in your life come close to accomplishing. Have some respect.

WisSoxFan
09-23-2006, 08:59 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-sox23.html

For what it's worth here is the entire article. It seems like a bit of a shot at Anderson, but not as bad as the original poster makes seem.

samram
09-23-2006, 09:03 AM
Well, it doesn't bother me at all, and I don't understand why anyone gets "bothered" by crap they read in the newspaper.

First of all, as wassagstdu noted, you don't have any context for that remark at all. It's really dumb to pick one sentence out of a conversation and react to it. It's what the idiots in the "news media" do all the time, and it only contributes to misinformation and overall stupidity.

Second, the people who jump on here and bash Ozzie because they're disappointed that this year's team is puking right now are absolutely fair-weather fans, IMO. Not one single person here could do Ozzie Guillen's job. That doesn't mean we have to agree with everything Ozzie says and does, but **** already about "he should be gone." He's done something you will never in your life come close to accomplishing. Have some respect.

That last paragraph is horse****. He's a ****ing baseball manager, he's not a brain surgeon or a fighter pilot or infantry putting his life on the line everyday. People on this site spend a lot of time and/or money following this team, so we absolutely have the right to criticize him. He's done a bad job with the bullpen and he's singled out his 9th hitter who provided stellar defense as a big reason for the team's downfall. This is the same 9th hitter who, according to Ozzie, only had to play good D this year and he could worry about the hitting later, which is exactly what said 9th hitter has done.

Ozzie is in no way, shape, or form above criticism.

Standing Ovation
09-23-2006, 09:18 AM
That last paragraph is horse****. He's a ****ing baseball manager, he's not a brain surgeon or a fighter pilot or infantry putting his life on the line everyday. People on this site spend a lot of time and/or money following this team, so we absolutely have the right to criticize him. He's done a bad job with the bullpen and he's singled out his 9th hitter who provided stellar defense as a big reason for the team's downfall. This is the same 9th hitter who, according to Ozzie, only had to play good D this year and he could worry about the hitting later, which is exactly what said 9th hitter has done.

Ozzie is in no way, shape, or form above criticism.

I completely agree. Just because Ozzie won a ring, it doesn't give him a free pass for the rest of his career.

I think everyone is to blame this season, not just BA. The players underachieved (Neal Cotts, #1 culprit), and the manager couldn't bring them up to the level they should have been playing at.

Railsplitter
09-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Why blame Anderson? Ozzie called watching football games on the clubhouse TV a distraction, but waited until the third week of the College football season to ban football viewing in the clubhouse.

Speaking of distractions, what about that documentary and those Chevy commercials?

Mike Ditka won only one Super Bowl as a coach, but he was elevated as a demigod by Bears fans to the point it became a national joke. I don't want to see the same happen with Ozzie.

southside rocks
09-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Sorry, where did I ever say that Ozzie was above criticism? I didn't. Sheesh, next you'll be accusing me of playing Mackowiak in CF all the time!

I said that to scream that Ozzie should be fired NOW is ridiculous. It is ridiculous. If, after this season is over, people want to sum up Ozzie's MLB managerial record and say that they think he shouldn't be back, that's fine. But how about let the guy finish the season so there is a record to analyze? Having won a WS championship (in his second year as a manager, no less), he deserves that much. Not this "I'm mad so I want Ozzie's head on a pike" crap. That's not analysis, that's not criticism, that's a whiny baby who's up past his nap-time.

Criticize Ozzie all you like. As with any manager, there is plenty to second-guess. But statements like "I hope this clown is gone" are just pathetic. IMHO, of course.

southside rocks
09-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Speaking of distractions, what about that documentary and those Chevy commercials?

And AJ's commercials for the limo service; Mark Buehrle's commercials for the airline whatever-it-is; Jim Thome's commercials for the car dealership. They're all distractions. They're the reason the Sox aren't going to the post-season! Get rid of AJ, MB, and JT along with Ozzie!

samram
09-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Sorry, where did I ever say that Ozzie was above criticism? I didn't. Sheesh, next you'll be accusing me of playing Mackowiak in CF all the time!

I said that to scream that Ozzie should be fired NOW is ridiculous. It is ridiculous. If, after this season is over, people want to sum up Ozzie's MLB managerial record and say that they think he shouldn't be back, that's fine. But how about let the guy finish the season so there is a record to analyze? Having won a WS championship (in his second year as a manager, no less), he deserves that much. Not this "I'm mad so I want Ozzie's head on a pike" crap. That's not analysis, that's not criticism, that's a whiny baby who's up past his nap-time.

Criticize Ozzie all you like. As with any manager, there is plenty to second-guess. But statements like "I hope this clown is gone" are just pathetic. IMHO, of course.

I read the last paragraph of your previous post to say that winning the World Series gives him a free pass regardless of how poor a job he does going forward. Just remember he didn't win the 2005 WS in 2006.:cool:

goon
09-23-2006, 09:43 AM

i completely agree. i like ozzie a lot as a manager and as some of us are forgetting it is only his third year as a manager. it seems he went about dealing with the success of a world championship the wrong way and simply tried to micromanage the team on the field and didn't do a good job of keeping the guys focused in the clubhouse.

hopefully next year it just gets back to baseball and all the other **** goes away. ozzie has earned our trust by winning a world series, he deserves to come back next year and the year after that before people start crying mutiny.

BUT, that doesn't give ozzie the excuse to continually single out anderson as the scapegoat. there were a ton of factors why they didn't reach the playoffs, one of the largest being ozzie's management.

eurotrash35
09-23-2006, 09:49 AM
So is there really a learning curve for managers to avoid saying stupid **** to the media every other day? Give me a break with this "give him a break, it's his third year" crap. Ozzie needs to learn how to shut the hell up and conduct himself as a professional. You'd think he would have learned THAT by now, after years in MLB.

SOXandILLINI
09-23-2006, 09:51 AM
So is there really a learning curve for managers to avoid saying stupid **** to the media every other day? Give me a break with this "give him a break, it's his third year" crap. Ozzie needs to learn how to shut the hell up and conduct himself as a professional. You'd think he would have learned THAT by now, after years in MLB.
well said.

0o0o0
09-23-2006, 09:55 AM

Second, the people who jump on here and bash Ozzie because they're disappointed that this year's team is puking right now are absolutely fair-weather fans, IMO.

This is what I wake up to? Ugh. I think I'm going back to bed.

SOXandILLINI
09-23-2006, 09:58 AM
nitey nite.

southside rocks
09-23-2006, 10:15 AM

I'm not being a smartass but I don't know why you'd think that. Ballplayers (and managers) aren't politicians. Very few of them ever learn how to speak to the news media without sounding either stupid or inflammatory. Most of them just don't speak. Ozzie will probably never be one of those.

And although it would be a slightly quieter world if Ozzie hadn't uttered this year, the bullpen still would have handed last night's game to the Mariners on a silver platter. The execution problems on the team would still be what they are. Ozzie's blithering is just a side issue.

Ozzie is the same manager in 2006 that he was in 2005. The only difference is that last year his team performed superbly, and his decisions either were brilliant or didn't screw up things beyond repair. For that he was named Manager of the Year.

This year, same manager, same philosophy, same tactics, slightly different team, and very different results. His team hasn't performed superbly, or even adequately of late; and his decisions were less often brilliant and may have screwed up some things (although that's debatable, because of the players who underperformed this year). For that he gets fired?

Does not compute. I'm just saying.

If Ozzie is unable to field a winning team in the next few years, OR if Ozzie's mouth starts a firestorm that the organization can't put out, THEN I think we will see Ozzie stepping down.

kitekrazy
09-23-2006, 10:21 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-sox23.html

For what it's worth here is the entire article. It seems like a bit of a shot at Anderson, but not as bad as the original poster makes seem.

He needs to read it again. I don't see any shot a Brian Anderson. If the Sox started another rookie their named might have been mentioned as well.

fquaye149
09-23-2006, 11:00 AM

Hey Mariotti, this is the actually quote, verbatim

'The outfield was fine. We stayed with Brian Anderson and it didn't work out the way we thought,

I bolded the parts you must have "forgotten" to leave out.

Take your yellow journalism elsewhere and rake up muck in another venue. There's plenty ACTUAL things to criticize Ozzie for without you making up bull****.

NardiWasHere
09-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Take your yellow journalism elsewhere and rake up muck in another venue. There's plenty ACTUAL things to criticize Ozzie for without you making up bull****.

VERY well said.

MarySwiss
09-23-2006, 11:35 AM

Where is this Mariotti column? I can't find it online. Could they have pulled it for some reason, I wonder?
BTW fquaye, how do you feel about Richie Sexson now? :tongue:

MadetoOrta
09-23-2006, 11:39 AM
Why blame Anderson? Ozzie called watching football games on the clubhouse TV a distraction, but waited until the third week of the College football season to ban football viewing in the clubhouse.

Mike Ditka won only one Super Bowl as a coach, but he was elevated as a demigod by Bears fans to the point it became a national joke. I don't want to see the same happen with Ozzie.

My point exactly. He's become Ditka circa 1989. IIRC Ditka pointed his finger at rookie Donnell Woolford as THE reason the team - as Da Coach stated - "might never win another game ... ever." In the modern era, that's a great way to "lose your team." To me, the most poignant moment of the 2006 White Sox season was Guillen publicly [for all to see - especially his teammates] ripping Jon Garland for not beaning someone. He looked right at the dugout camera while ripping Jon. The next day, he's publicly apologizing? In my opinion, that alone entitles him to the moniker - clown.

fquaye149
09-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Where is this Mariotti column? I can't find it online. Could they have pulled it for some reason, I wonder?
BTW fquaye, how do you feel about Richie Sexson now? :tongue:

I was calling MadetoOrta Mariotti for twisting Ozzie's words with unethical quoting.

PS I <3 Richie Sexon:wink:

MarySwiss
09-23-2006, 11:56 AM
I was calling MadetoOrta Mariotti for twisting Ozzie's words with unethical quoting.

PS I <3 Richie Sexon:wink:
Ah, gotcha!

samram
09-23-2006, 12:04 PM

I'm not sure there's a big difference with that last part added. Ozzie is still saying they put their faith in BA and he didn't come through the way they wanted him to. One of the biggest problems I have with Ozzie is that he said last year that all he wanted from BA was good defense. Well, Brian has given him that and hit a bit in the second half and yet he is singled out. Pods has been a giant suckfest and yet he's coddled by Ozzie. I guess I don't get the double standard.

fquaye149
09-23-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm not sure there's a big difference with that last part added. Ozzie is still saying they put their faith in BA and he didn't come through the way they wanted him to. One of the biggest problems I have with Ozzie is that he said last year that all he wanted from BA was good defense. Well, Brian has given him that and hit a bit in the second half and yet he is singled out. Pods has been a giant suckfest and yet he's coddled by Ozzie. I guess I don't get the double standard.

There's a big difference to me. The point is he left out all the mitigating things in that quote in order to make it more vitriolic.

Attack the BA situation if you want (and you probably should) but this quote is not anything special to get worked up about.

Martinigirl
09-23-2006, 12:38 PM
Ozzie just needs not to mention BA, because, at this point, it all just sounds bad. To even bring him up is stupid because there are so many problems with this team, that BA isn't even in the top half of a long list. There seems to be a fixation on BA, either by Ozzie himself, or the media, bringing him up and Ozzie having to comment, but whatever the reason, to single him out, repeatedly, is just ****ty, and unwarranted.

And as far as BA not working out, how did it not work out? The biggest problems we had in centerfield occurred when BA wasn't playing. And his hitting has been improving, which seemed to be what Ozzie and KW were hoping for when the gave him the vote of confidence and decided not to send him down. But is seems like from the moment that happened, Ozzie changed his mind, and his tune, about BA.

LemmeHearYa
09-23-2006, 12:58 PM
And as far as BA not working out, how did it not work out? The biggest problems we had in centerfield occurred when BA wasn't playing. And his hitting has been improving, which seemed to be what Ozzie and KW were hoping for when the gave him the vote of confidence and decided not to send him down. But is seems like from the moment that happened, Ozzie changed his mind, and his tune, about BA.

Amen

JB98
09-23-2006, 02:26 PM

Here's the difference: BA is a part of our future, and Pods isn't. BA has more talent than Pods. I don't know for certain Ozzie's agenda, but could it be possible he's hard on BA because he's trying to motivate him? This club NEEDS Anderson to start to live up to his potential next year. Pods, we're just going to kick him to the curb for his poor performance.

There is a big difference in talent level, places in career, and future value to this franchise when you talk about Pods and BA. Hence, the two players are being handled differently.

There might be a possibility that there is method to Ozzie's madness. Only time will tell.

fquaye149
09-23-2006, 02:38 PM
Ozzie just needs not to mention BA, because, at this point, it all just sounds bad. To even bring him up is stupid because there are so many problems with this team, that BA isn't even in the top half of a long list. There seems to be a fixation on BA, either by Ozzie himself, or the media, bringing him up and Ozzie having to comment, but whatever the reason, to single him out, repeatedly, is just ****ty, and unwarranted.

AND THIS IS WHY THE QUOTE TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT IS BULL****

If you read the quote Ozzie actually said, it was "...didn't work out the way we thought". How did it not work out the way he thought? That should be self-evident. Ozzie was obviously EXPECTING something of Anderson he didn't get. How can you argue with this quote? Do you honestly think that Anderson worked out the way Ozzie wanted it to?

You're more than welcome to quibble with Ozzie's expectations of Anderson--they were too high, focused on the wrong thing, etc.

But there's no reason to take issue with this quote, except for the fact that MadetoOrta took it completely out of context and twisted it to make Ozzie look as bad as possible (something that really shouldn't require twisting quotes these days)

Jjav829
09-23-2006, 04:04 PM
This BA crap is almost as insane as the overreactions to Konerko's comments in the past.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with that comment by Ozzie. The article was questioning whether the Sox should have made another move. Ozzie brought up that they choose to stay with BA rather than replace him. He never "singled out Anderson."

I should probably lock this because it's nothing more than a thread intended to stir **** up, but I'll leave it open so people can tee off on the thread starter.

Standing Ovation
09-23-2006, 05:20 PM
The problem I have with the comment is that the BA thing did work out. Solid defense, little offense (which was expected). How about commenting on Pods/Cotts/Pollite/Alomar/Uribe/Mackowiak/Vazquez/Buehrle/ not working out?

fquaye149
09-23-2006, 06:44 PM
The problem I have with the comment is that the BA thing did work out. Solid defense, little offense (which was expected). How about commenting on Pods/Cotts/Pollite/Alomar/Uribe/Mackowiak/Vazquez/Buehrle/ not working out?

read this:

this is the actually quote, verbatim

Quote:
'The outfield was fine. We stayed with Brian Anderson and it didn't work out the way we thought,

and this:

THIS IS WHY THE QUOTE TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT IS BULL****

If you read the quote Ozzie actually said, it was "...didn't work out the way we thought". How did it not work out the way he thought? That should be self-evident. Ozzie was obviously EXPECTING something of Anderson he didn't get. How can you argue with this quote? Do you honestly think that Anderson worked out the way Ozzie wanted it to?

You're more than welcome to quibble with Ozzie's expectations of Anderson--they were too high, focused on the wrong thing, etc.

But there's no reason to take issue with this quote, except for the fact that MadetoOrta took it completely out of context and twisted it to make Ozzie look as bad as possible (something that really shouldn't require twisting quotes these days)

SluggersAway
09-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Ozzie throws Brian under the bus again. Great work.

Nothing new here, move along. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Standing Ovation
09-23-2006, 08:37 PM
read this:

and this:

How was the outfield fine? Platooning 2 of the 3 positions for most of the year long isn't fine. But, BA's name should not have come up at all.

southside rocks
09-23-2006, 08:41 PM
How was the outfield fine? Platooning 2 of the 3 positions for most of the year long isn't fine. But, BA's name should not have come up at all.

I believe that Ozzie was responding to questions about whether KW should have traded for a player or players before the 7/31 deadline, and if such a trade would have gotten the Sox into the playoffs.

Since the most talked-about possible trade then was for a CF, Ozzie's review of that decision (to stand pat) included a reference to BA. I don't think that Ozzie was singling him out, and yes, his name logically came up.

Wow, it's almost like there's a paranoia on behalf of Anderson now! This is kind of funny.

oeo
09-23-2006, 08:46 PM

I'm sure you were on that "clown's" bandwagon after last year. And I'm sure you'll be right back on it if the Sox win another championship next year.

You can say all you want about some of the dumb moves by Ozzie this year, but the reason they're sitting at 5.5 games out of a playoff spot is because the team underachieved. It's as simple as that...if the team plays to its potential, Ozzie is still a genius.

SluggersAway
09-23-2006, 09:02 PM
You can say all you want about some of the dumb moves by Ozzie this year, but the reason they're sitting at 5.5 games out of a playoff spot is because the team underachieved. It's as simple as that...if the team plays to its potential, Ozzie is still a genius.

I don't get your point, are you saying Ozzie had nothing to do with the team underachieving?

The manager has a lot to do with the team reaching its potential.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-23-2006, 09:04 PM
i completely agree. i like ozzie a lot as a manager and as some of us are forgetting it is only his third year as a manager. it seems he went about dealing with the success of a world championship the wrong way and simply tried to micromanage the team on the field and didn't do a good job of keeping the guys focused in the clubhouse.

hopefully next year it just gets back to baseball and all the other **** goes away. ozzie has earned our trust by winning a world series, he deserves to come back next year and the year after that before people start crying mutiny.

BUT, that doesn't give ozzie the excuse to continually single out anderson as the scapegoat. there were a ton of factors why they didn't reach the playoffs, one of the largest being ozzie's management.

:thumbsup:

samram
09-23-2006, 09:36 PM
This BA crap is almost as insane as the overreactions to Konerko's comments in the past.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with that comment by Ozzie. The article was questioning whether the Sox should have made another move. Ozzie brought up that they choose to stay with BA rather than replace him. He never "singled out Anderson."

I should probably lock this because it's nothing more than a thread intended to stir **** up, but I'll leave it open so people can tee off on the thread starter.

He was singled out. I didn't see Pods' name, who, by the way, would have been replaced by Soriano, mentioned.

Martinigirl
09-23-2006, 09:57 PM
AND THIS IS WHY THE QUOTE TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT IS BULL****

But what about Ozzie's expectations about his bullpen? His starting rotation? His left fielder? Mackowiak's defense in centerfield? He doesn't mention those problems. He just mentions BA.

If you are going to mention who didn't meet expectations, why only single out BA? There is a lot of members of this team that have not met EXPECTATIONS. Why is BA the biggest problem in Ozzie's eyes?

If Ozzie is busy naming names, he might want to name everyone who disappointed him, not just one rookie that he keeps bringing up.

SOXandILLINI
09-23-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm sure you were on that "clown's" bandwagon after last year. And I'm sure you'll be right back on it if the Sox win another championship next year.

you wouldn't wanna make that bandwagon bet with me.

Jjav829
09-24-2006, 11:42 PM
He was singled out. I didn't see Pods' name, who, by the way, would have been replaced by Soriano, mentioned.

How do you know he was singled out without any context to the quote? The only way to know for sure if he singled out Brian Anderson would be to know the question to which Ozzie was responding.

If the question was, "Why do you think you underachieved this year?" and Ozzie said, "We stayed with Brian Anderson and it didn't work out the way we thought...," then clearly Ozzie was singling Anderson out.

But if the question was, "Do you regret not making a trade for another player, in particular a center fielder?" and Ozzie responded, "We stayed with Brian Anderson and it didn't work out the way we thought...," then he's not singling Anderson out but simply responding to a direct question about a specific player or position.

fquaye149
09-25-2006, 12:01 AM
How do you know he was singled out without any context to the quote? The only way to know for sure if he singled out Brian Anderson would be to know the question to which Ozzie was responding.

If the question was, "Why do you think you underachieved this year?" and Ozzie said, "We stayed with Brian Anderson and it didn't work out the way we thought...," then clearly Ozzie was singling Anderson out.

But if the question was, "Do you regret not making a trade for another player, in particular a center fielder?" and Ozzie responded, "We stayed with Brian Anderson and it didn't work out the way we thought...," then he's not singling Anderson out but simply responding to a direct question about a specific player or position.

Oh jjav, don't you realize that Ozzie is an assclown and that we all hope this assclown (who brought us our first WS title in nearly a century) is gone as soon as is humanly possible?

CLR01
09-25-2006, 12:39 AM

Maybe if Ozzie wasn't spouting off about Anderson on what seems to be a weekly basis people wouldn't be accusing him off singling Anderson out. You replace Anderson's name with Thome and nobody even looks twice at that quote.

You're right that we can't know what Ozzie was really saying without knowing the question he was asked but since we will likely never know that question all we can do is speculate. All we have to speculate on are Ozzie's constant quotes regarding Anderson, which we have all read. Is it fair? No. Are some of the theories factual? No, but that's the way it is and it's not going to change anytime soon.

mbwhitesox
09-25-2006, 01:14 AM
Regardless of if Ozzie's quote was taken out of context or not, it's become pretty obvious that, for reasons unknown to us here, Brian Anderson has really got himself in Ozzie's doghouse.

I can't imagine how BA fell short of Ozzie's expectations. Yes, he struggled mightily the first half of the season at the plate, but showed significant signs of improvement as the season went on and played basically outstanding defense in the outfield all year. With our line-up of hitters that's all that realisitically should have been expected from him.

The only things he really should be criticized on are his early batting sturuggles and, at times, his inability to be in charge in the outfield. Both of which seem, to me, like rookie problems that should work themselves out as BA gains experience and confidence. Something that is hard to do sitting on the bench.

cards press box
09-25-2006, 01:37 AM
To get back to the World Series, the Sox need dominating pitching and defense. The 2005 White Sox caught the ball real well, pitched real well and didn't beat themselves. Anderson is the Sox' best outfielder right now. I hope the Sox give him some time to develop his hitting at the big league level. I can picture Anderson as a line drive hitter consistently hitting shots between left center and right center and occasionally hitting the long ball.

I hope that the Sox don't make too many changes. If an impact player like Ichiro Suzuki becomes available, I'm all for the Sox getting him. But I really hope that the Sox do not make changes for changes' sake. I believe that Buerhle and Contreras have gone 6-17 in the second half of this year. Can you reasonably expect those guys to struggle that much next year? Isn't it at least as likely (and probably much more likely) that they pitch closer to their norm and lead the Sox back to the post-season?

soxinem1
09-25-2006, 07:38 AM

You, know, I've had my isues with Guillen this year and I disagree with him about how BA has been utilized, especially since August.

But these mariotti-type assassinations on Guillen are neither acceptable nor called for, especially since Guillen and his coaching staff brought Chicago it's first World Series Champion since the Wilson administration.

Thanks for the 2007 forecast too, as if MOST of us don't feel bad enough already.

samram
09-25-2006, 08:01 AM

Ozzie mentioned Soriano specifically, who would not have played CF. He would have been in LF, but Ozzie didn't seem to see the need to mention Pods' name. Of course it's speculation, but it's not as if the thought that Ozzie might single out Brian is completely out of left field.

munchman33
09-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Anderson is the Sox' best outfielder right now.

I'm going to assume you're talking purely defensively.

southside rocks
09-25-2006, 10:19 AM
In today's papers Ozzie is quoted talking about Anderson and Pods, saying "those guys at the top and bottom of the lineup, they struck out too much. We have to cut that thing down."

There he goes again, picking on Poor Little Brian! Just because BA has drawn 30 walks this season and fanned 86 times -- how dare Ozzie destroy this rookie with his personal vendetta! Ozzie should be fired tomorrow!

Pour a bucket of teal over that last paragraph. I just wanted to see if I could write it with a straight face. (I couldn't.)

samram
09-25-2006, 10:19 AM
Oh jjav, don't you realize that Ozzie is an assclown and that we all hope this assclown (who brought us our first WS title in nearly a century) is gone as soon as is humanly possible?

I don't believe I've called for Ozzie's immediate dismissal in any post.