PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* 9/22/06 "So now I'm praying for the end of time" gamethread

SouthSide_HitMen
09-23-2006, 12:17 AM
http://www.musiccentral.org.uk/bands/images/meatloaf.jpg

So now I'm praying for the end of time
To hurry up and arrive
Cause if I gotta spend another minute with you
I don't think that I can really survive
I'll never break my promise or forget my vow
But God only knows what I can do right now
I'm praying for the end of time
It's all that I can do
Praying for the end of time, so I can end my time with you!!!

It (http://blog.kir.com/archives/White%20Sox%20celebrate.gif) was long ago and it (http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGS210~2005-World-Series-White-Sox-Victory-Celebration-Posters.jpg) was far away (It never felt so good)
and it (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/03/images/20050302-17_w9w3716-515h.jpg) was so much better than it is today (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylt=AjSJdRwX0dnHixq4U9LGhhM5nYcB?gid=260922 104) (It never felt so right)

It (http://imagesource.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGS211~2005-World-Series-Bobby-Jenks-Celebrating-Championship-Victory-Posters.jpg) was long ago and it (http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Jermaine-Dye-with-2005-World-Series-MVP-Trophy-Photograph-C12042604.jpeg) was far away (And we were gloaing like)
and it (http://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2005/10/27/sp_whitesox114.jpg) was so much better than it is today (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/standings?year=season_2006&type=wild+card) (A metal on the edge of the knife)

caulfield12
09-23-2006, 12:20 AM
http://www.musiccentral.org.uk/bands/images/meatloaf.jpg

So now I'm praying for the end of time
To hurry up and arrive
Cause if I gotta spend another minute with you
I don't think that I can really survive
I'll never break my promise or forget my vow
But God only knows what I can do right now
I'm praying for the end of time
It's all that I can do
Praying for the end of time, so I can end my time with you!!!

It was long ago and it was far away (It never felt so good)
and it was so much better than it is today (It never felt so right)

It was long ago and it was far away (And we were gloaing like)
and it was so much better than it is today (A metal on the edge of the knife)

All I can say is go see Jacka-- II, that will lift your spirits, at least temporarily.

Reminded me of Aaron Rowand crashing into walls and Carl Everett's zaniness.

ShoelessJoeS
09-23-2006, 12:20 AM
I can't believe I'm watching the World Champions play like this...

kitekrazy
09-23-2006, 12:22 AM
Twins lost 2 in a row. Thanks Sox for conceding immediatly. Coulda been 3.5 back.

stl_sox_fan
09-23-2006, 12:23 AM
I can't believe I'm watching the World Champions play like this...

My only conclusion on this season....it's Bizarro World....
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fb/Superman-bizarroworld1.jpg
Me so happy....me want to cry.....

FedEx227
09-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Those Mariners are pretty awesome. They must be 9-10 games up in the AL West by now.

DickAllen72
09-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Twins lost 2 in a row. Thanks Sox for conceding immediatly. Coulda been 3.5 back.
If the Sox were only a .500 team in the second half.....

ShoelessJoeS
09-23-2006, 12:27 AM
If the Sox were only a .500 team in the second half.....I suppose they thought that going 28-38 was a better idea :angry:

23Ventura
09-23-2006, 12:32 AM
Right now, I don't think there's a team in the big leagues that wouldn't beat the Sox. And by the way, today's the 22nd.

caulfield12
09-23-2006, 12:33 AM

I don't think Santana would have lost the other night and the Twins would be playing like this if the White Sox hadn't given up the chase.

When we had a 1.5 game lead off the Wednesday of the TB series, they really started to play well for a 10 game stretch that basically put us away.

That one run lead against TB that Thornton and McCarthy blew was, unbelievably, the start of this bizarro stretch that can only be ended by the Twins either sweeping us (by not pitching their two best) or us sweeping them in meaningless games watched by no one.

23Ventura
09-23-2006, 12:41 AM
At this point, I feel like one of two things is going to happen:
1. The Sox don't win another game all season
2. The Sox continue to lose untill the day the are mathmatically eliminated, then they win the rest of the meaningless games left on their schedule.
These are probably the two most frustrating scenarios that could occur, so I'm sure one of them will.

Lorenzo Barcelo
09-23-2006, 12:44 AM
I think having 11 responses to this thread at this time is more shocking than the performance on the field tonight.

caulfield12
09-23-2006, 12:50 AM
I think having 11 responses to this thread at this time is more shocking than the performance on the field tonight.

Everyone's just burned out, the results seem to be inevitable, and Ozzie is still playing the regulars, so there's not much to get excited about...maybe watching Josh Fields I guess.

DaleJRFan
09-23-2006, 12:52 AM
BOOOOOO :angry: :angry: :angry:

good job guys... way to capitalize on the Twins' loses. Ugh.

:whiner:

TheOldRoman
09-23-2006, 12:56 AM
At this point, I feel like one of two things is going to happen:
1. The Sox don't win another game all season
2. The Sox continue to lose untill the day the are mathmatically eliminated, then they win the rest of the meaningless games left on their schedule.
These are probably the two most frustrating scenarios that could occur, so I'm sure one of them will.
Yep, in classic Chicago fashion. It seemed like every year the Bears would catch fire as soon as they got their eighth loss of the season, just in time to screw themselves out of a higher draft pick.
This season can't end soon enough. At least Jose wasn't seriously hurt.

slobes
09-23-2006, 12:59 AM
You know it's over when no one comes to bitch about the Sox in the postgame threads anymore.

This blows.

BanditJimmy
09-23-2006, 01:07 AM
This team has quit on Ozzie and lack of quit is the only quality Ozzie has as a manager IMO. That and motivation.

If the Sox would have won today and yesterday (you beat the teams that you should be able to beat) and also taken 2 of 3 from Detroit, we would be only 2.5 games out from the WC and sitll 3 games to play at Minnesoata.

They threw in the towel a bit too early.

JB98
09-23-2006, 01:09 AM
This team has quit on Ozzie and lack of quit is the only quality Ozzie has as a manager IMO. That and motivation.

If the Sox would have won today and yesterday (you beat the teams that you should be able to beat) and also taken 2 of 3 from Detroit, we would be only 2.5 games out from the WC and sitll 3 games to play at Minnesoata.

They threw in the towel a bit too early.

I think they're dealing with some injuries too. There is no way Thome is 100 percent. Crede is obviously hurting, and Konerko sat out a game last Sunday. We rely on four of our hitters to do most of the damage offensively, and at least three of four are battered and bruised.

Our lack of offensive balance is really getting exposed here in September.

kninchicago
09-23-2006, 01:16 AM
Just got home from the game. I didn't even stay till the end--once the Mariners had scored 10 I knew that was my cue to beat the rush.

I have tickets tomorrow too. It's just not fun going to see the Sox anymore. I am so ready for this season to just end already and start focusing on 07.

drewcifer
09-23-2006, 01:24 AM
It's clear everyone wants to go home...

Contreras deserves an honorable mention at the ASG awards this year. If he doesn't get a star on his SAG card, I'll be surprised.

And I continue to be shocked by the BPs continued strive for the utlimate title of 'suckiest' peformance ever, by a defending championship team.

So bad.

Whatever...

'07.

Go Bears.

Myrtle72
09-23-2006, 01:29 AM
Just got home from the game. I didn't even stay till the end--once the Mariners had scored 10 I knew that was my cue to beat the rush.

I have tickets tomorrow too. It's just not fun going to see the Sox anymore. I am so ready for this season to just end already and start focusing on 07.

I just got home from the game also.

I stayed til the end. And watched the fireworks. I thought it was interesting how they played Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer." Fitting, I guess.

I completely agree with you about 2007 - I just want this season to be over. At this point, it's just adding insult to injury. And I think the most frustrating thing about it is that we know they can do better.

chisoxfanatic
09-23-2006, 01:33 AM
And that concludes my personal season of going to games this year...

I don't know about you guys, but my eyes started getting wattery during the fireworks display when they were playing the last song for the display. The song happens to be the same thing they played at Opening Night when they unveiled the World Series Championship banner. It got me back to thinking what we were getting ready to do nearly a year ago, and it left a bad taste in my mouth currently.

I call this season the "what might've been" season. There are a few things here or there that, if they didn't (or did) happen, this entire season would've been different. A clutch hit here, putting in the right guy from the bullpen, pulling a starting pitcher at the right time, better defense.

Well, onto 2007 now in hopes that we get to taste what we were given the pleasure of tasting last season. 2005 is something nobody can take from us, and I am thankful for having been so actively a part of it!

BA: The Hitman
09-23-2006, 01:38 AM
Thankfully I didn't see the game, decided to see Jacka$$ 2 instead. I have a feeling watching the Sox would have been just as funny..........I did unfortunately get to catch the lowlights on the postgame show on the radio and boy did it sound ugly.

Judging my the number of posts on this thread, it looks like no one cares anymore and who can blame them?

cheezheadsoxfan
09-23-2006, 01:38 AM
Just got in from work. Heard the ugly news on the radio. Did Fields start? Can't find the lineup in the game thread. God knows, Crede looks like he needs a rest.

JB98
09-23-2006, 01:39 AM
And that concludes my personal season of going to games this year...

I don't know about you guys, but my eyes started getting wattery during the fireworks display when they were playing the last song for the display. The song happens to be the same thing they played at Opening Night when they unveiled the World Series Championship banner. It got me back to thinking what we were getting ready to do nearly a year ago, and it left a bad taste in my mouth currently.

I call this season the "what might've been" season. There are a few things here or there that, if they didn't (or did) happen, this entire season would've been different. A clutch hit here, putting in the right guy from the bullpen, pulling a starting pitcher at the right time, better defense.

Well, onto 2007 now in hopes that we get to taste what we were given the pleasure of tasting last season. 2005 is something nobody can take from us, and I am thankful for having been so actively a part of it!

Your final attendance record is the exact same as mine: 19-10. :supernana:

SoxSpeed22
09-23-2006, 01:42 AM
Just get to next year already.:thud:

Myrtle72
09-23-2006, 01:45 AM
Judging my the number of posts on this thread, it looks like no one cares anymore and who can blame them?

I'm sure it's because they just don't want to deal with it right now.

I'm sure a bunch of them still care, it's just hard to be a part of something that frustrates you so much.

White_Sock
09-23-2006, 01:46 AM
It's going to be a very interesting offseason

cheezheadsoxfan
09-23-2006, 01:46 AM
Just got in from work. Heard the ugly news on the radio. Did Fields start? Can't find the lineup in the game thread. God knows, Crede looks like he needs a rest.

Looked it up at the MLB site. How did he look? (Fields)

StillMissOzzie
09-23-2006, 01:47 AM
My son and I are going tomorrow, and I am not looking forward to this game any more. Part of me is hoping that the miraculous happens and the Sox / Twinks series remain meaningful games, part of me is wanting to see the Twins rub it in the Sox face to show them what could have, should have, been.

SMO
:angry:

cheezheadsoxfan
09-23-2006, 01:49 AM
I'm sure it's because they just don't want to deal with it right now.

I'm sure a bunch of them still care, it's just hard to be a part of something that frustrates you so much.

Exactly. I sure most every fan still cares but you can only handle so much pain.:whiner:

JB98
09-23-2006, 01:50 AM
Looked it up at the MLB site. How did he look? (Fields)

Made a productive out, moving a runner from second to third in the second. Worked a walk and scored on Uribe's HR the next time up. Came up with runners at second and third when we were trailing 7-6, took strike one right down the middle, fell behind in the count and ended up making a weak out.

He looked OK, but nothing special.

chisoxfanatic
09-23-2006, 01:55 AM

There were some balls hit near him that he let go by, which Crede would've made outs with. He'll learn the defensive ropes with time, I suppose.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-23-2006, 01:57 AM
There were some balls hit near him that he let go by, which Crede would've made outs with. He'll learn the defensive ropes with time, I suppose.

Like to see him learn the defensive ropes in LF.

TaquitoElGoocho
09-23-2006, 02:38 AM
Just returned from the game. I knew things would not go well when, on my way to the game, the wind blew my WS Sox hat onto the el tracks. The torrential rain on opening day returned for my last game of the season, a fitting bookend to a season that began with much anticipation, and has all but ended with not much satisfaction.

It was sad to see McCarthy warming up in the bullpen in the second inning. Worse was when Jose became injured, some people in the stands near me were yelling at him to get up, as if he were faking it. Yeah, he had a crappy game and has had some poor outings this season, but he's also the same pitcher who set a team record for consecutive wins. I thought he deserved a little better treatment than some gave him.

Not fun to watch the team come within a run, and then piss it away. At least I got some laughs watching Santa, Rudolph, and the Easter Bunny get liquored up, even though the EB was wearing a paper bag by about the ninth.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the off season...

TaquitoElGoocho
09-23-2006, 02:46 AM
I stayed til the end. And watched the fireworks. I thought it was interesting how they played Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer."

Yes, followed soon after by "Slide" from the GooGoo Dolls. :?:

Myrtle72
09-23-2006, 02:57 AM
It was sad to see McCarthy warming up in the bullpen in the second inning. Worse was when Jose became injured, some people in the stands near me were yelling at him to get up, as if he were faking it. Yeah, he had a crappy game and has had some poor outings this season, but he's also the same pitcher who set a team record for consecutive wins. I thought he deserved a little better treatment than some gave him.

I heard the same thing from where I was sitting.

It upset me too. As frustrating as these last few weeks (or months) have been - no Sox player would ever fake an injury, give up a run, and leave the team fishing in the bullpen in the 2nd, just to get out of a difficult inning. Ugh. I don't get people sometimes. And after watching the replays of him running to first, I don't see how he could have been faking it anyway. He really looked hurt.

--------------

On a different topic, I just wanted to point out how fitting and frustrating this quote is.

While it seems that most people have buried the White Sox postseason hopes, the Minnesota Twins keep trying to give them a hand out of the grave.

TaquitoElGoocho
09-23-2006, 03:07 AM
And after watching the replays of him running to first, I don't see how he could have been faking it anyway. He really looked hurt.

I was near the bullpen and it looked like he slipped or tripped, and then fell. I thought he sprained his ankle, but was glad to read that he was not seriously hurt. I stood and clapped for Jose when he limped to the dugout; I think I was one of the few people in my section to do so. :(:

Martinigirl
09-23-2006, 03:14 AM
Tonight was just sad. We came so close and then, once again, the bullpen just implodes. And I will never understand what Ozzie was thinking with his handling of the bullpen, but I don't understand half of what he does lately.

And then they ended the fireworks with a total somber classical piece, that just seemed like a really odd choice, but I suppose fitting of everyone's mood.

The season is now to the point where I am not angry, or depressed, I am just really sad. Sad we aren't going to the playoffs, sad we can't repeat, sad I have wait until Feb., when pitchers and catchers report, before I can get excited about my team again. Just sad.

IronFisk
09-23-2006, 03:36 AM
Ah come on guys, would you rather have us lose in a close race, all along elevating our blood pressures, or die like we are? Does do our stress level some good :redneck

DeadMoney
09-23-2006, 03:47 AM
This team gives me new reasons to laugh every night. Tonight, it happened in that pitiful 2nd inning when Konerko almost hit a falling Conteras square in the head, then scrambled after the ball. Then, to top it off, while Contreras was getting up, Pauly must of felt bad or something (although he was obviously wiping the dirt off his back) and began rubbing his back. How cute! I can't believe this team fell apart this much, but hey, at least after October '07 I'll be able to laugh about this in hindsight - although to be honest, I'm laughing about it now because every night I continue to tune in, but I find myself wondering what dumb error, or mistake will take place tonight and who will be the culprit. I imagine it's rather difficult playing good ball after realizing your fate, but AT LEAST make it look good! Oh well, instad of the general, "there's always next year" or "wait til next year" quotes, my response is, "there's always LAST year". It is incredibly difficult for a MLB team to win a championship and this team showed us every way to mess it up. It makes me that much more appreciative of '05 and the 25-30 players on that roster at any given time.

BV2005
09-23-2006, 04:18 AM
The Sox Pride wristband is off till next year :mad:

Grzegorz
09-23-2006, 05:45 AM

Right now I do not see him as even a remote possibility of playing third base.

I am sure the regulars are banged up; PK has made errors in two consecutive game regardless of the official scoring. I was in the car when Willie Bloomquist scored from first on a single. Farmio described the play but didn't mention who threw the ball in from the outfield. Would someone please tell me who that was? Did the person in question lollygag on the play?

The bullpen is a disaster and it would appear the the White Sox have given up this season. If they give up on the season, they give up on the manager.

I'd like to see some moves especially with the starting pitching and the bullpen. Now it is the bullpen. The bullpen will take resources away from needs like position players and starting pitching.

They better come out in spring training on fire; non of this bs like this year just floating through to the regular season. Speed, defense, and pitching; I want 2005 back.

Whatever the White Sox record at the end of the season, those number will never tell the whole story.

MadetoOrta
09-23-2006, 07:53 AM
There's a sick part of me that would like to see us put a streak together just so the Twins can clinch in our faces. I can't believe it's come to that. If JR and KW don't see that there's more than a "middle relief" problem, we'll be back here next year bitching and moaning.

BigPapaPump
09-23-2006, 08:23 AM
Watched a little of the game(if you can call it that). I'm not sure if I can get the names right but basically the play when Bloomquist scored from 1st on a single by Ichiro was the most frustrating. I didn't see who were the players involved in the relay, maybe Dye and Gooch, but they were so lackadaisical. I was hoping that Ozzie would have made a switch right there in mid-inning. There definitely needs to be some ass chewing going on in the clubhouse.

BigPapaPump
09-23-2006, 08:28 AM
It's clear everyone wants to go home...

Contreras deserves an honorable mention at the ASG awards this year. If he doesn't get a star on his SAG card, I'll be surprised.

And I continue to be shocked by the BPs continued strive for the utlimate title of 'suckiest' peformance ever, by a defending championship team.

So bad.

Whatever...

'07.

Go Bears.

http://www.theskinnyonbenny.com/img/rodney1.jpg Ohh my hamstring! Its broke!

wassagstdu
09-23-2006, 08:38 AM
How did he look? (Fields)

He's no Joe Crede. But then neither is Joe Crede right now.

wassagstdu
09-23-2006, 08:47 AM
Worse was when Jose became injured, some people in the stands near me were yelling at him to get up, as if he were faking it. Yeah, he had a crappy game and has had some poor outings this season, but he's also the same pitcher who set a team record for consecutive wins. I thought he deserved a little better treatment than some gave him.

I have no idea how much pain Contreras was in so this is probably dumb of me to say, but somehow that play said a lot about the whole season. When Contreras made no attempt to catch or even knock down the toss from Konerko I thought of Rowand making the game-saving catch and holding up the ball after breaking his skull on the fence in Philadelphia.

"There is no I in team. But there is in quit."

southside rocks
09-23-2006, 08:47 AM
The Sox Pride wristband is off till next year :mad:

Looks to me like the players took theirs off long ago. :?:

Horrible game, I watched but I don't know why I did; it was like watching a train wreck.

wassagstdu
09-23-2006, 08:50 AM
I'm sure most every fan still cares but you can only handle so much pain.:whiner:

Don't you think the same applies to the team?

Dan H
09-23-2006, 08:51 AM
I think they're dealing with some injuries too. There is no way Thome is 100 percent. Crede is obviously hurting, and Konerko sat out a game last Sunday. We rely on four of our hitters to do most of the damage offensively, and at least three of four are battered and bruised.

Our lack of offensive balance is really getting exposed here in September.

Every team has injuries expecially at this time of the season. In the last six home losses, the White Sox have been outscored 48-13. You can't blame that on injuries. When you lose like the Sox have during the last week, that's called choking. I don't want to hear the injury excuse. I've heard it too much during the last four to five decades. The Twins lost their #2 pitcher. Yankees had key players lost. A good team finds ways to win. Cub-like teams blame everything and everyone else but themselves.

downstairs
09-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Every team has injuries expecially at this time of the season. In the last six home losses, the White Sox have been outscored 48-13. You can't blame that on injuries. When you lose like the Sox have during the last week, that's called choking. I don't want to hear the injury excuse. I've heard it too much during the last four to five decades. The Twins lost their #2 pitcher. Yankees had key players lost. A good team finds ways to win. Cub-like teams blame everything and everyone else but themselves.

Yes! Thank you!

The Chicago White Sox is an orginization of many, many players... well beyond the main 25-man roster. We have minor leagues, as well have a GM that has the ability to trade or pick up free agents to fill holes left by injury.

Injury is never an excuse. In fact, if injury causes any sort of decline for you- that's your fault!

southside rocks
09-23-2006, 09:15 AM

Yep.

And it's not even the winning, so much as it is the complete failure to play decent baseball! This is HORRIBLE baseball they're playing now, and I don't care to hear that they're pressing, or they're tired, or they're hurt -- they are major league baseball players and they make a TON of money to play a 162-game season, and they're just not doing it right now.

Honestly, something has gone very wrong with this club and I wonder what it is, but at the same time I almost don't want to know, it will just make me even sadder.

Last night I played the Opening Day video and found myself crying my eyes out. What the hell happened???????? Where are our World Series Champions? :(::(::(:

mark2olson
09-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Exactly. I sure most every fan still cares but you can only handle so much pain.:whiner:

Don't confuse being quiet with not caring. There is not a lot that one can add that has not already been said.

samram
09-23-2006, 09:33 AM
I'm glad I decided to just take a 12 hour nap instead of watching that. Looks like the players may have followed my lead.:D: At this point, let the kids play and the vets nurse these injuries unless another 20 ABs gets them some more dough.

caulfield12
09-23-2006, 09:48 AM

And their #3 starter in Radke.

jdm2662
09-23-2006, 09:55 AM
What a fitting way to end my baseball season. We almost didn't go due to the storms, but we already paid for our tickets. We were hoping for a quick game so we can see the fireworks. By the the end of the 8th, we had enough. I had to work this morning, my GF had been up since 5AM, and there is only so much crap you can watch in one night. Time to play the young guys and see what they can do.

Paulwny
09-23-2006, 10:12 AM

Yep, this team choked, but very few will admit it.

Jurr
09-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Yep, this team choked, but very few will admit it.
Choking is defined by actually being in a situation where victory is imminent and then lost in the waning stages of competition. It could be choking in a game, the end of a season, or the playoffs.

This team was mediocre since July. The record doesn't lie. In hindsight, this little 'playoff push' in the last month really was more than you could expect from a complacent team that had played sub .500 ball for three months.

This team didn't choke. It was just bad, considering the expectations that were placed on it.

0o0o0
09-23-2006, 10:58 AM
I don't think Santana would have lost the other night and the Twins would be playing like this if the White Sox hadn't given up the chase.

:?: Don't you think the Twins want to win the division?

Paulwny
09-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Choking is defined by actually being in a situation where victory is imminent and then lost in the waning stages of competition. It could be choking in a game, the end of a season, or the playoffs.

This team was mediocre since July. The record doesn't lie. In hindsight, this little 'playoff push' in the last month really was more than you could expect from a complacent team that had played sub .500 ball for three months.

This team didn't choke. It was just bad, considering the expectations that were placed on it.

Sorry, I believe this team choked after the as break because they couldnt handle the pressure of the expectations placed on them.

caulfield12
09-23-2006, 11:13 AM
:?: Don't you think the Twins want to win the division?

The Twins match up a lot better against the Yankees than the A's.

0o0o0
09-23-2006, 11:16 AM
The Twins match up a lot better against the Yankees than the A's.

Maybe so, but I still don't buy that. They would be resting most of their regulars if that was the case. I don't think any team would ever give up the chance to win a division.

MarySwiss
09-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Okay, I think I must be officially insane. It just occurred to me to wonder if the Twins are trying to let the Sox get within three just so they can eliminate us themselves. :?:

Paulwny
09-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Okay, I think I must be officially insane. It just occurred to me to wonder if the Twins are trying to let the Sox get within three just so they can eliminate us themselves. :?:

Nah, the sox are trying their hardest not to get within 3 games.

MarySwiss
09-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Nah, the sox are trying their hardest not to get within 3 games.
Well, that's possible too. But I really think the Twins are the Antichrist.

Lip Man 1
09-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Neil Cotts is bad folks...I mean really, REALLY bad.

Lip

Grzegorz
09-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Neil Cotts is bad folks...I mean really, REALLY bad.
Lip

This year he is. Are you will to risk that he cannot be resurrected?

SoxSpeed22
09-23-2006, 12:51 PM
This year he is. Are you will to risk that he cannot be resurrected?Do not forget, Cotts is only 26, will be 27 by spring training. All it takes is one new pitch, ala Loaiza, or Freddy's splitter. Also mastering slow stuff.

Martinigirl
09-23-2006, 01:43 PM
I forgot to ask this when I posted at 2am, but can anyone explain to me what the hell Ozzie was doing when he took AJ out of the game, with Paulie & Thome on base, with 2 outs, and had Crede pinch hit for him? Crede who has done nothing but ground out, or more specifically hit into double plays, for the past week or so.

And yes, the ground ball he hit would have been another double play had we not already had two outs.

ws05champs
09-23-2006, 01:58 PM
I forgot to ask this when I posted at 2am, but can anyone explain to me what the hell Ozzie was doing when he took AJ out of the game, with Paulie & Thome on base, with 2 outs, and had Crede pinch hit for him? Crede who has done nothing but ground out, or more specifically hit into double plays, for the past week or so.

Ozzie overmanaging again with the righty/lefty tactic.

JB98
09-23-2006, 03:13 PM

I'm not blaming this on injuries, and I resent you suggesting that I am. My point is we count on four hitters to produce at least 60 percent of our offense. At least three of those four hitters are dealing with nagging injuries. That's not an excuse. That's a fact. Thome is still somewhat productive despite that. Crede looks like he should be done for the year.

We have absolute horse**** in our leadoff spot. We have absolute horse**** batting eighth and ninth. We are struggling offensively not because of injuries, but because we are not balanced. I concluded my lost post by indicating that exact statement. Because we are not balanced, we cannot cope with Thome and Crede being less than 100 percent.

Don't talk to me about the Yankees and don't compare us to the ****ing Cubs. You are one of the cry-babies who gave up on this team a month ago.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-23-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm not blaming this on injuries, and I resent you suggesting that I am. My point is we count on four hitters to produce at least 60 percent of our offense. At least three of those four hitters are dealing with nagging injuries. That's not an excuse. That's a fact. Thome is still somewhat productive despite that. Crede looks like he should be done for the year.

We have absolute horse**** in our leadoff spot. We have absolute horse**** batting eighth and ninth. We are struggling offensively not because of injuries, but because we are not balanced. I concluded my lost post by indicating that exact statement. Because we are not balanced, we cannot cope with Thome and Crede being less than 100 percent.

Don't talk to me about the Yankees and don't compare us to the ****ing Cubs. You are one of the cry-babies who gave up on this team a month ago.

What he said.

ChiSoxGirl
09-23-2006, 03:39 PM

I went to the game with DumpJerry last night and knowing the fireworks were going to be set to Sox Pride music, and coupled with the fact that last night was my last game, I told him I might cry. I was pretty good through most of it... until that last song was played. All I could think about was sitting up in 518 on Sunday night, April 2, watching that video montage of the highlights of the playoffs and the magic we all felt, and seeing those banners being unveiled for the first time. The tears were falling down my face last night, just as they were on the night of my first game of the season. This team just means so much to me.

After the fireworks were over and when we got to the top of the section, I stopped and just took one last look at the ballpark for the year. That was so hard for me to do. I don't remember any of my last games being as hard as last night's. I think my emotions were a combination of it being my last game, the disappointment I'm feeling in regards to this season, what was (2005), and what might have and should have been for this fall.

Time to go watch the Opening Night video on my computer! :tongue: :whiner:

Brewski
09-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the Jewish holiday Friday night-Saturday. If anyone had to miss Friday night's game or Saturday's game because of a religious observance, Jewish or otherwise, they may have found the One True and Benevolent God.

I'm embarrassed to be associated with this stuff and if Ozzie and Kenny think the team hasn't quit, I've got a hot flash for them.

Iwritecode
09-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Right now, I don't think there's a team in the big leagues that wouldn't beat the Sox. And by the way, today's the 22nd.

I'm pretty sure there are quite a few teams not in the big leagues that would beat the Sox right now.

There are a couple of local girls high school softball teams that probably could...

Frankfan4life
09-23-2006, 04:36 PM
What a difference a year makes. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/fragend/confused-smiley-002.gif

Martinigirl
09-23-2006, 04:51 PM
After the fireworks were over and when we got to the top of the section, I stopped and just took one last look at the ballpark for the year. That was so hard for me to do. I don't remember any of my last games being as hard as last night's. I think my emotions were a combination of it being my last game, the disappointment I'm feeling in regards to this season, what was (2005), and what might have and should have been for this fall.

Time to go watch the Opening Night video on my computer! :tongue: :whiner:

All I could think last night was how different I felt last year leaving the stadium for the last time and this year. Last year it was after Game 2 of the World Series, when everyone there was floating on air, and this year it was like someone had torn out your heart. Granted, I don't think the feeling of last year could ever be matched, but the complete disappointment of watching this time, one with so much promise, just stink up the place is heartbreaking.