PDA

View Full Version : Possible no-no in San Diego

Fenway
09-22-2006, 11:09 PM
Chris Young has not allowed a hit through seven innings against the Pirates.

FedEx227
09-22-2006, 11:20 PM
just got broken up with 1 out in the 9th

Joe Randa hit a 2-run shot to dead center.

Great outing though, hes REALLY turned his career around.

Viva Medias B's
09-23-2006, 12:20 AM
Chris Young has not allowed a hit through seven innings against the Pirates.

You cursed his no-hit bid by posting about it.

:farmer
"Fenway, I'd like to have a word with you."

DeadMoney
09-23-2006, 03:00 AM
Good for Chris Young, but too bad he couldn't finish it. Hasn't he had a few go into the 6th inning or so this year?

You cursed his no-hit bid by posting about it.

:farmer
"Fenway, I'd like to have a word with you."

<hijack>I think a certain writer in this town would also like to have a word with fenway.

This whole thing about the jinx and not saying anything is ridiculous though. ESPN was on to it and said there was a perfect game in progress AFTER FIVE INNINGS. Shortly after, he lost that with a BB, but I'm sure they were still on it as the no-no.

In all honesty though, if I was lucky enough to be a broadcaster/announcer, I would say it a ton of times an inning. There's something about being able to keep viewers/listeners tuned in and being able to announce with the idea that something historic is going on, and be as dramatic as possible in the process. I know many people have many different opinions on this, but that's mine. </hijack>

Fenway
09-23-2006, 12:48 PM
<hijack>I think a certain writer in this town would also like to have a word with fenway.

This whole thing about the jinx and not saying anything is ridiculous though. ESPN was on to it and said there was a perfect game in progress AFTER FIVE INNINGS. Shortly after, he lost that with a BB, but I'm sure they were still on it as the no-no.

In all honesty though, if I was lucky enough to be a broadcaster/announcer, I would say it a ton of times an inning. There's something about being able to keep viewers/listeners tuned in and being able to announce with the idea that something historic is going on, and be as dramatic as possible in the process. I know many people have many different opinions on this, but that's mine. </hijack>

The late Ken Colemen would skirt around it by saying "there have been nine hits in the game, all by Boston"

20 years ago when TV graphics were much cruder the Boston station would simply flash the number 0 in the hit column at the end of an inning but Ned Martin would never say anything.