PDA

View Full Version : What will you do when they announce Wrigley will get blown up?

danman31
02-28-2002, 04:53 PM
The situation: Cubs management announces that they will be blowing up Wrigley Field. They are allowing fans to watch the implosion.

My questions: What will you do when you hear the announcement? Will you go to the imploding?(and if yes to this what would you do there?)

For myself, I would be celebrating once I heard the announcement. I'd go to the implosion and watch it with joy. I'd bring a sox shirt and hat and just laugh at the Cubs fans.

LongDistanceFan
02-28-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by danman31
The situation: Cubs management announces that they will be blowing up Wrigley Field. They are allowing fans to watch the implosion.

My questions: What will you do when you hear the announcement? Will you go to the imploding?(and if yes to this what would you do there?)

For myself, I would be celebrating once I heard the announcement. I'd go to the implosion and watch it with joy. I'd bring a sox shirt and hat and just laugh at the Cubs fans. the same

Pete_SSAC
02-28-2002, 05:08 PM
I would do things far too dirty, illegal, and dangerous to mention in public.

:nocubs

- Pete (ok, I'll give you a hint, it involves Jell-O and lawn gnomes.)

WinningUgly!
02-28-2002, 05:59 PM
I wouldn't go to it. I've never been to Wrigley in my life & I never will be. I would be celebrating somewhere though! :gulp:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=265

Foulke You
02-28-2002, 06:07 PM
Wrigley implodes? Set off the scoreboard!

:dinger

foulkesfan11
02-28-2002, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't want to go and listen to all of the Cub Fans whine & cry about it. I'll get a keg though & celebrate at home! Burn Baby Burn!

CubKilla
02-28-2002, 09:19 PM
Unfortunately, if they give the Unfriendly Confined landmark status, you'll never see the destruction of that piece of $hit. A shame really, considering they couldn't give Old Comiskey the same consideration. Or was it Reinsdorf's doing to have a hand in destroying Old Comiskey AND Chicago Stadium? "F" Reinsdorf!!!!!

cheeses_h_rice
02-28-2002, 10:41 PM
Pfft, they wouldn't be blowing up anything.

They'd take apart the ballpark ounce by ounce, and auction each and every piece of it to the highest bidder, probably raking in a hundred million bucks in the process. Can you imagine the stampede of 40-year-old, mom's-basement-dwelling, Spaghetti-O's-eating, "Bozo's Circus"-watching losers itching to get themselves a personal piece of their main connection to that ballclub, Sacred and Holy Wrigley Field? I shudder to think. Personally, I'd rather the park gradually continue to rot as it's been doing, becoming such a urine-infested, outdated piece of garbage that people would pretty much be demanding they build a new park. Right now, it'll never happen.

LongDistanceFan
03-01-2002, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I wouldn't go to it. I've never been to Wrigley in my life & I never will be. I would be celebrating somewhere though! :gulp:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=265 that pict is great........ i love it. :)

RedPinStripes
03-01-2002, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow
Unfortunately, if they give the Unfriendly Confined landmark status, you'll never see the destruction of that piece of $hit. A shame really, considering they couldn't give Old Comiskey the same consideration. Or was it Reinsdorf's doing to have a hand in destroying Old Comiskey AND Chicago Stadium? "F" Reinsdorf!!!!!

You got it. Jr Made a point to let Comiskey go to hell so he can whine about a new stadium or move to florida. Congrats Jerry! You'll always be remembered for that.

irish rover
03-01-2002, 08:40 AM
the question should be what will "Wrigley"fans do(for the cool cub fans could really careless as long as they win a WS). I could see them wondering aimlessly through "Wrigleyville" wearing thier 1984/1989 div champ t-shirts making funny noises(woo woo.....) and talking to themselves. Sorta like the Night of the Living Dead

Iwritecode
03-01-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by danman31

For myself, I would be celebrating once I heard the announcement. I'd go to the implosion and watch it with joy. I'd bring a sox shirt and hat and just laugh at the Cubs fans.

Somehow I'm thinking that when Daver blows up Wrigley, he's not going to announce it beforehand...

:)

Daver
03-01-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Somehow I'm thinking that when Daver blows up Wrigley, he's not going to announce it beforehand...

:)

SSSHHHHHHHH!!!!.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-01-2002, 04:22 PM
I would consider urinating on the ruins. Of coarse, cub fans would probally put up viewing platforms of the wreckage like it is Ground Zero or something. Or they would have a moment of silence, (all cell phones off.)

Does the deep smell of urine and lots of dust from implosion make a health hazard?

Nellie_Fox
03-02-2002, 12:51 AM
I'll do the same thing I did when the grounder went through the wickets on Leon Durham: The Ed Grimley dance!!!

RedPinStripes
03-02-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
I would do things far too dirty, illegal, and dangerous to mention in public.

:nocubs

- Pete (ok, I'll give you a hint, it involves Jell-O and lawn gnomes.)

I like this guy! lol

voodoochile
03-02-2002, 01:51 AM
Personally, I'd cry... without Wrigley, the flubbies would have to be more competative to continue to draw fans. God bless Wrigley Field. As long as the flubbies have it, they will suck...

Notice the lack of teal...

foulkesfan11
03-02-2002, 09:55 AM
If they did get a new park, I hope that it would be tall enough that the fans would complain that it's too steep & fall down the steps drunk to their death. Also, so those people that live right next door would stop making money for letting people sit on their rooftops.