PDA

View Full Version : Play off Tickets

BanditJimmy
09-22-2006, 01:06 PM
Are the Sox still going to mail out play-off tickets to all the seaon ticket holder who paid for them? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize we are not going but the White Sox cannot assume this until we are mathematically out of the race.

Would be nice to get these as a souveneir.

Scottiehaswheels
09-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Are the Sox still going to mail out play-off tickets to all the seaon ticket holder who paid for them? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize we are not going but the White Sox cannot assume this until we are mathematically out of the race.

Would be nice to get these as a souveneir.Hell no I don't want them to send them out... Thats $25 more to pay for tix for next year :cool:

Beer Can Chicken
09-22-2006, 01:08 PM

Would be nice to get these as a souveneir.

A souveneir for what? A crappy season? If we do get them, I'll happily be putting them in the shredder. I want no memories of this season.

BanditJimmy
09-22-2006, 01:14 PM
What's the big deal?

My dad has the stubs for the 1983 World Series on a frame.

You look back to stuff like this and it reminds of how hard it is to get there, then you appreciate what happend last year even more.

DaBears
09-22-2006, 01:19 PM
I would like to get the unused tickets as well...maybe it wont be the fondest of memories, but I would definitely frame them! It would be kinda cool to have... after all I did spend a crap load of money on the team this year!

LuvSox
09-22-2006, 01:20 PM
I would like to get the unused tickets as well...maybe it wont be the fondest of memories, but I would definitely frame them! It would be kinda cool to have... after all I did spend a crap load of money on the team this year!

That would be a cool thing to have.

Chez
09-22-2006, 02:21 PM
I have unused World Series tickets from 1993, 1994, 2000 and 2005 (Game 6) framed in my basement. I thought it was odd and a little cruel that in 1994 (the strike year) the Sox mailed out as a "gift" playoff tickets to their season ticket holders after the season and post-season were officially cancelled.

If they mail them out this year, I suppose I'll frame them but after 2005, the tickets from the other years seem kind of lame.

Edward
09-22-2006, 02:47 PM
I thought it was odd and a little cruel that in 1994 (the strike year) the Sox mailed out as a "gift" playoff tickets to their season ticket holders after the season and post-season were officially cancelled.

I have those too, I remember they sent a letter saying "Here's a souvenir of what could have been". I haven't looked at them in years, IIRC they were big gold World Series tickets and smaller red and blue ones for the division and league series. Those are cool to have because it wasn't the SOX fault they couldn't contend that year, but this year it was 100% their fault that they wont be playing in October (minus the game on the 1st). If I got them they would either go in the garbage, or more likely on ebay.

Timmy D's
09-22-2006, 06:05 PM
I bet if they did send them out, you would see some for sale on Ebay. Even better, some morons would buy them thinking they were in the playoffs.

chisoxfanatic
09-22-2006, 06:10 PM
I doubt they'll go out. My ticket rep told me they'd be received sometime in the third week of the month, and this is the end of the third week. They should put the handling fees towards our season tickets next year.

JB98
09-22-2006, 06:13 PM
I doubt they'll go out. My ticket rep told me they'd be received sometime in the third week of the month, and this is the end of the third week. They should put the handling fees towards our season tickets next year.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping you're right. I'd much rather have the handling fees as a credit on my account, as opposed to "souvenir" tickets that I'll never use.

ewokpelts
09-22-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm crossing my fingers and hoping you're right. I'd much rather have the handling fees as a credit on my account, as opposed to "souvenir" tickets that I'll never use.you dont get handling fees back...EVER

downstairs
09-22-2006, 07:55 PM
You look back to stuff like this and it reminds of how hard it is to get there, then you appreciate what happend last year even more.

So the excuse now is that it was too hard to get there?

Sorry, the White Sox are arguably the best team in the major leagues... absolutely the best team in the Central, and even more absolutely diserving of a Wild Card spot at minimum.

The team choked. It wasn't a "difficult" season... it was there for them.

I'd be apalled if they sent out playoff tickets.

Brian26
09-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Playoff tickets for 2006 wouldn't be a souvenir. They'd be a cruel and painful memory. No thanks.

doogiec
09-23-2006, 10:10 AM
you dont get handling fees back...EVER

Although they Sox seem to be treating season ticket holders like crap this year regarding post season tickets (see their refund policy for an example), they have never failed to refund my handling fees on tickets that were never shipped. And I've had tickets since the 80's.

If they decided to screw me out of $25 on top of holding lots of my money hostage for a few months, they are going to make it a lot tougher for me to justify renewing tickets the next time they are not a legit playoff contender.

They are making a ton of money (by my math, over $6 million) through their "if we lose, we still win" plan regarding refunds. If they don't incur shipping costs, they better not plan on doubling the non existent cost and passing it along to us.