PDA

View Full Version : So..why is Arod a pariah in the Yankee clubhouse?

ewokpelts
09-22-2006, 10:59 AM
I hear stories that he's pretty much a cancer(and fairly recently too), but no reason why.

salty99
09-22-2006, 11:23 AM
All you need to do is read the latest SI article to find all your answers.

Baby Fisk
09-22-2006, 11:26 AM
It's because he left the clubhouse early and refused to stay for Johnny Damon's ecstasy party. linky (http://www.thebrushback.com/ecstasy_full.htm)

chaerulez
09-22-2006, 11:54 AM
It's the pressure of playing on the Yankees. The Yankee fans need a scapegoat if they don't win the World Series. They haven't won since 2000 despite having the greatest payroll by far. I doubt they will win it again this year. They just don't have the pitching. I know the As and Twins are constant first round failures in the postseason but I'd be more afraid of them in the postseason. Same goes for the Tigers, they might be struggling as of late, but their starters could go on fire like the Sox did last year. Randy Johnson's ERA is still near 5. Mussina is old and injured. And their fourth starter for the postseason is going to be Jared Wright. Wang and possibly Mussina are their only reliable starters. So while there is truth to the fact that A-Rod doesn't come through in the clutch, of course it's not all his fault if the Yankees don't win it all.

Fenway
09-22-2006, 03:09 PM
if A-Rod doesn't have a monster post-season he will be somewhere else next season

The Manny for A-Rod rumors are starting again but I would bet A-Rod might wind up in Anaheim as their owner is not happy about this season

Fenway
09-22-2006, 06:29 PM
friend of mine wrote this this morning in a Florida paper

It must be very comforting for the rest of the Yankees and for manager Joe Torre to realize that just in case something goes wrong again and they don't win, A-Rod will take most of the heat.

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060922/COLUMNISTS0604/609220346/1113/SPORTS

BiggestFan14
09-22-2006, 08:27 PM
They pretty much just need something to boo for, don't they?

Railsplitter
09-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Nearly one dollar out of every eight in the Yankees payroll goes to A-Rod. For that, they should be able to a couple decent pitchers or fill the bench.

HotelWhiteSox
09-23-2006, 12:46 PM
I think it's about his money, and because of it they scrutinize everything he does, like http://thebrushback.com/Archives/nypost_full.htm could possibly be jealousy

Fenway
09-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Think back to December of 2003.

If the Red Sox pull the trigger on the A-Rod trade, Nomar comes to the White Sox and Mags goes to Boston.

Very good chance if that had happened, both the White Sox and Red Sox would still be waiting to win a World Series.

Fenway
09-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Bill Madden in the NY Daily News lowers the boom on A-Rod today

The case against A-Rod
Bill Madden: Ever since he was a 17-year-old high school prodigy in Miami, Alex Rodriguez, who did not know his father growing up, has been under this Svengali-like influence of agent Scott Boras. So, when you read those quotes attributed to Rodriguez in the SI story, you have to think they come from Boras.
FULL STORY (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/455161p-383053c.html)

PKalltheway
09-25-2006, 08:11 PM
if A-Rod doesn't have a monster post-season he will be somewhere else next season

The Manny for A-Rod rumors are starting again but I would bet A-Rod might wind up in Anaheim as their owner is not happy about this season
If he leaves the Yankees, I know that other teams would GLADLY take A-ROD including the Angels.

tlebar318
09-25-2006, 08:52 PM
A-Rod in White Sox gear sounds good to me--Go ahead and get rid of him Yanks! He can move back to SS with us!:D:

palehozenychicty
09-25-2006, 08:56 PM
I've said it once, and I will say it again.....

:payrod:

A fantasy owner's dream, a world champion's nightmare.

buehrle4cy05
09-25-2006, 09:05 PM
A fantasy owner's dream, a world champion's nightmare.

Well said.:cool: