PDA

View Full Version : Official Hanging onto a thread Postgame Thread

jacobwalls
09-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Now we are forced to go 9-0. One more loss and im officially giving up.

PAPChiSox729
Now we are forced to go 9-0. One more loss and im officially giving up.

You've hung in longer than most of the rest of us.

mark2olson
Too many wasted opportunities, too many.

23Ventura
09-21-2006, 09:47 PM
That was one of the worst baseball games I've ever seen.

BiggestFan14
09-21-2006, 09:48 PM
That could not have turned out worse. But a nice way to set a good nine game winning streak...

eurotrash35
09-21-2006, 09:49 PM
I turned it off after the jack in the 7th. I think it's time to stop believing.

Iwritecode
09-21-2006, 09:49 PM
You've hung in longer than most of the rest of us.

Most of the players on the team it looks like as well... :(:

voodoochile
09-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Too many wasted opportunities, too many.

There were opportunities? :?:

Oh you mean earlier in the season... alright, that I agree with.

Pretty tough to watch this team mail it in. I mean Uribe and Crede's botched popup was enough to lose the game all by itself...:(:

sigh...

jacobwalls
09-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Sox go 6-0
Twins go 4-3

Sox sweep Twins at end of season and tie. Then beat them again.

Jerko
09-21-2006, 09:51 PM
And I thought last night's game was the worst. Wrong.

jenn2080
09-21-2006, 09:51 PM
RIP White Sox.

JB98
09-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Here's a positive: Boone Logan **** his pants again tonight, further dissuading KW from considering him as a viable bullpen option for 2007.

wassagstdu
09-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Ozzie, please show some mercy. Put them out of their misery and start the call-ups and subs the rest of the season.

Palehose13
09-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Sox go 6-0
Twins go 4-3

Oh I wish, but I really don't want to see the Twins celebrate in front of us if we don't sweep...but maybe that'll give them some fire for 2007.

Kwrubac
Well here's to looking forward to some exciting offseason signings....I HOPE :?:

23Ventura
The first half of this season feels like it was years ago.

Martinigirl
09-21-2006, 09:54 PM
Well using the last of this year's season tickets tomorrow night should be fun. It will be like a wake with, maybe, 20K people.

SoxSpeed22
09-21-2006, 09:54 PM
We have no chance to survive, make our time.

Palehose13
09-21-2006, 09:55 PM
This season just reminded me how hard it actually is to win a divsion in MLB.

QCIASOXFAN
Here's a positive: Boone Logan **** his pants again tonight, further dissuading KW from considering him as a viable bullpen option for 2007.
:rolling: I just laughed out loud reading this.

Jerko
I feel sorry for these post-game guys that have to still treat these games as if they mean anything and are forced to look for bright spots. Like the stupid poll they just had.. :o:

southsideirish71
09-21-2006, 09:56 PM
This season just reminded me how hard it actually is to win a divsion in MLB.

Its very hard to win a division when your pitching has been meh for most of the year, and then your offense decides to take the 2nd half off for good measure.

sox647
09-21-2006, 09:58 PM
wasn't pretty but keep going sox! you still have a chance :gulp:

StillMissOzzie
09-21-2006, 09:58 PM
Still can't hit a lefty.
Defense looks shaky.
Another bullpen implosion.
I've seen this movie before.

SMO
:angry:

QCIASOXFAN
09-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Javy pitched a hell of a game tonight.... other then that this should pretty much sum things up :anon:

JB98
Ozzie, please show some mercy. Put them out of their misery and start the call-ups and subs the rest of the season.

No. Not until mathematical elimination. I want the veterans to stand out on that field and suffer while the season slowly drips away. Let the embarrassment and frustration float around in their stomachs. After that, they'll never want this to happen to them again. It will serve as motivation for next year.

These guys don't deserve time off. Win a couple games, and maybe I'd give them a break.

October26
You know what, last season was hard too - we all remember October 2005(what a glorious month it was) - but how about September 2005? I didn't sleep that whole month - and I haven't slept this September either. Only difference is that there will be no October heroics for our boys this year.

Thank God for that WS Championship in 2005. We're gonna need something to hang onto this off-season - that's for sure. :whiner:

Palehose13
09-21-2006, 10:00 PM
No. Not until mathematical elimination. I want the veterans to stand out on that field and suffer while the season slowly drips away. Let the embarrassment and frustration float around in their stomachs. After that, they'll never want this to happen to them again. It will serve as motivation for next year.

These guys don't deserve time off. Win a couple games, and maybe I'd give them a break.

I like it.

eurotrash35
09-21-2006, 10:00 PM
We have no chance to survive, make our time.

:rolling:

Fungo
09-21-2006, 10:02 PM
If my numbers are correct, Crede is 0 for his last 25. He's hit the ball hard a bunch, but right at people. Just pointing it out, nothing more. I'd love to see him get to 30 HRs and 100 RBIs and finish strong.

TornLabrum
09-21-2006, 10:02 PM
I wonder what the Sox marketing department thinks is going to happen tomorrow when those more-expensive-than-ever SoxFest weekend packages go on sale? Tonight was a marketing disaster. Hell, the past couple of months have been a marketing disaster.

ChiSox80
09-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Or is it just me?

Seriously: Who wants MVP + Thome + Konerko to hit when you're down and desperately scratching for a playoff spot, right? Why on earth did he use all of those ABs on minor-leaguers and bench players?

He gave it away. He gives me the impression that he doesn't even care these days.

Up until today, I was one of those who said "Ozzie won us a championship last year. He knows what he's doing." I'm done with that. I hope Ozzie gets the boot and we get Razor Shines or Pinella up here next year. I love his fire and don't care one bit about anything he's said that's pissed people off, but I've had enough.

Kwrubac
09-21-2006, 10:04 PM
I wonder what the Sox marketing department thinks is going to happen tomorrow when those more-expensive-than-ever SoxFest weekend packages go on sale? Tonight was a marketing disaster. Hell, the past couple of months have been a marketing disaster.

I was thinking the same thing, there may be a lot of empty hotel rooms

23Ventura
09-21-2006, 10:04 PM
It feels like everybody just conceded that one.

infohawk
09-21-2006, 10:05 PM
I had already concluded that it's over. Tonight was just proof that these guys are packing it in. Ozzie is right to chastize the team and refer to their play as "pathetic." I've never seen anything so anemic. Just brutal. Play out the string with the kids, reload with whatever KW thinks they need this offseason and come back with something to prove next year.

Kwrubac
09-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Or is it just me?

Seriously: Who wants MVP + Thome + Konerko to hit when you're down and desperately scratching for a playoff spot, right? Why on earth did he use all of those ABs on minor-leaguers and bench players?

He gave it away. He gives me the impression that he doesn't even care these days.

Up until today, I was one of those who said "Ozzie won us a championship last year. He knows what he's doing." I'm done with that. I hope Ozzie gets the boot and we get Razor Shines or Pinella up here next year. I love his fire and don't care one bit about anything he's said that's pissed people off, but I've had enough.

Razor Shines....BEST NAME EVER!

Jerko
09-21-2006, 10:06 PM
I don't think he gave up until after the slam obviously. His great use of the bullpen before the slam convinces me he was managing tonight like he has been all season. If I was there, I would have liked to see the big guys bat in person one last time, even though it was obvious the Sox weren't gonna win.

HotelWhiteSox
09-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Screw you Sox, I defended you as recently as yesterday, you could at least try, today was the example of 'just showing up'. Losing when Det and or Minny win + losing when Det and or Minny lose = ELIMINATION. They easily deserve their seat at home this October (and it looks like a lot of them were looking forward to it).

Wahhh :whiner:, I get a shorter offseason if I play in the postseason. Well too bad that's part of your damn job. Maybe you should get less money if you don't make the postseason

Iwritecode
09-21-2006, 10:08 PM

The damn things will probably sell out because people want to go and bitch the players/management out in person.

QCIASOXFAN
09-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Or is it just me?

We were down by 9 runs and they did stink the entire night.

infohawk
The stench from the Cell has wafted all the way down here to central Illinois. Let me tell you, it stinks worse then the pasture patties out in the nearby fields. It's like in "Back To The Future" when Biff gets all the manure dumped on him.

DickAllen72
Razor Shines....BEST NAME EVER!
Let the Razor Shines era begin! :cheers:

infohawk
09-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Let the Razor Shines era begin! :cheers:
Your kidding, right?:?:

beckett21
09-21-2006, 10:11 PM
This 'effort' was a slap in the face to all of the people who still care about this team.

What a disgrace.

DickAllen72
09-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Your kidding, right?:?:
My kidding what?

Palehose13
09-21-2006, 10:14 PM
This 'effort' was a slap in the face to all of the people who still care about this team.

What a disgrace.

Yep. Some of us still had hope when Detroit and Minnesota both lost tonight.

beckett21
09-21-2006, 10:15 PM

At least they could have had the courtesy to tell us that they quit, so we could do something more productive with our time.

Looks like Javy didn't get the memo. At least he tried.

DickAllen72
09-21-2006, 10:16 PM

What a disgrace.
KW needs to go out and get some grinders again.

Chisox353014
09-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Well, that was the single most depressing, embarassing game I've ever been to. To say they phoned this one in would be an insult to anyone who actually phones stuff in for a living. There are girls on my 16" softball team who don't even like softball very much that try harder than the Sox did tonight. :mad:

chisoxfanatic

I'm glad I wasn't at this one. It beats the 10-4 loss to Kansas City that I went to earlier this season. This team really looks like they're thinking of other things.

ChiSox80
We were down by 9 runs and they did stink the entire night.

That's right. We were. However, the Sox still have the tiniest chance of a playoff spot.

Exactly what purpose did Ozzie's mailing it in serve? I'd love to hear that explanation. Is he trying to make Seattle overconfident so we can take the next three? Is that it?

It's a wonder he didn't just give the starting pithing nod to Pablo. He might as well have, with the way he conceded the game.

KyWhiSoxFan
09-21-2006, 10:18 PM
KW needs to go out and get some grinders again.

I'd settle for a few relievers who can get an out.

Palehose13
At least they could have had the courtesy to tell us that they quit, so we could do something more productive with our time.

I can't do much else right now (I'm sick, doc) but I sure was hopeful at the start of the game. It was a great effort by Javy.

I think the big thing about DC vs. PA's is that when the PA's fall...it ****ing hurts. The DC's don't want that big of a fall. I can take it though. :wink:

whitesoxfan

We had a chance to get back to right where we were yesterday, and we failed.

I'm not going to be worrying about this team too much for the last week anymore. Let's hope that the postseason goes by quickly and the GM Meetings and Winter Meetings get here quickly.

QCIASOXFAN
09-21-2006, 10:19 PM

Very true, I would rather have them lay down now then go on a tear and give us false hope only to have them do this in Minnesota.

DachnoPiitu
09-21-2006, 10:19 PM
I woke today...
And felt your side of bed
The covers were still warm where you'd been layin'.
You were gone...
My heart was filled with dread.
You might not be sleepin' here again

It's alright, 'cause I love you.
And that's not gonna change.
Run me round, make me hurt again and again.
But I'll still sing you love songs (Let's Go Go Go White Sox)
Written in the letters of your name (http://arts.ucsc.edu/Gdead/AGDL/llra.html#letters).
And brave the storm to come,
For it surely looks like rain.

:gulp:

SouthSide_HitMen
09-21-2006, 10:21 PM
http://musicmoz.org/img/editors/sounddude/RoyOrbison2.jpg
It's over, It's over, it's over, It's over!

infohawk
09-21-2006, 10:24 PM
My kidding what?
About Razor. Seriously, I certainly respect and value contrary opinions, but I don't attribute the poor and disappointing play to Ozzie. He didn't all of a sudden become a poor manager. The Sox didn't lose the division in September. They lost it with poor pitching performances for much of the year, particularly over the summer. Now the starters are throwing well but the offense and bullpen are tanking. Ozzie can't make these guys execute. He can sub people in and out, but he can't hit, pitch or catch the ball for them. The awful looking end to this season is 100% on the players. I'd rather get rid of any players deemed to be slackers then Ozzie. When this season is over and done, the story of the Sox demise will be reflected in the team ERA.

DickAllen72
09-21-2006, 10:26 PM
I'd settle for a few relievers who can get an out.
We need that too. But if we had the best bullpen in the world, we would have lost 3-0 tonight.

The Sox need better pitching, a lot more speed, better defense, and better situational hitting. I'm tired of the home run or nothing type guys. Get some grinders.

QCIASOXFAN
09-21-2006, 10:27 PM
That's right. We were. However, the Sox still have the tiniest chance of a playoff spot.

Is he trying to make Seattle overconfident so we can take the next three? Is that it?You didn't listen to his postgame conference? That is exactly what he was doing. It will be a great strategy in the long run.:rolleyes:

ChiSox80
09-21-2006, 10:27 PM
I'd say it's officially time to concentrate on something else...

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9119/chi11gp9.jpg

ChiSox80
09-21-2006, 10:29 PM
You didn't listen to his postgame conference?
I didn't dare leave the TV on for the postgame. I was afraid that I'd burst a blood vessel in my forehead.

:angry: :whiner:

Jurr
09-21-2006, 10:30 PM
This team is proving its heart right now. None. Officially none. This team went from a group that had the magic of a world series run to a group that just doesn't give a damn.

Terrible. KW needs to give this team an enema.

JB98
09-21-2006, 10:35 PM
This team is proving its heart right now. None. Officially none. This team went from a group that had the magic of a world series run to a group that just doesn't give a damn.

Terrible. KW needs to give this team an enema.

I'm trying to sell my tix for Saturday. If I can't, I'll just eat them. I'm not going to the game. I said I wouldn't quit on the Sox as long as they didn't quit on me. They quit on me tonight. To hell with them.

thomas35forever
09-21-2006, 10:36 PM
I've had a bad feeling about the season since the beginning of the week. We're not going anywhere.

Jerko
09-21-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm trying to sell my tix for Saturday. If I can't, I'll just eat them. I'm not going to the game. I said I wouldn't quit on the Sox as long as they didn't quit on me. They quit on me tonight. To hell with them.

I wanted to go to the game on Saturday. I told a friend of mine at the game yesterday that we could hang out in the stadium club, and I'd like to say goodbye to the people I know that work there who I won't see again till next year. If it rains though, I may just stay home and watch football.

southside rocks
09-21-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm glad I wasn't at this one. It beats the 10-4 loss to Kansas City that I went to earlier this season. This team really looks like they're thinking of other things.

I'm sorry I was at this one.

I actually had a premonition in the 8th and turned to my friend and said 'let's go' and we did, and as soon as we did, it all went south in a big way. We listened to Farmio as we drove home and were glad that we weren't seeing it.

Ozzie on the postgame said that he was ashamed and embarrassed and the players ought to be even more, and that if any of them think that this style of play is going to continue, they can pack their bags right now.

It's incredible how pathetic they were. All of them except Vazquez. He was excellent.

Let the trade talks begin, I say.

35th&Shields
09-21-2006, 10:40 PM

Absolutely, totally unbelievable. Tigers AND Twins lose, we're playing the worst team in the AL and then THIS! I don't even know where to start. Tonight was the low moment of the year. Even worse than getting swept at Oakland was losing this game tonight.

ChetChat
09-21-2006, 10:40 PM
Just got back from the game. Ranks right up there w/ the pathetic Cleveland loss this month, Tampa Bay, and another August stinker as worst games this year.
Highlight - the tumble taken by the Mariner (name?). His bowing was the highlight of tonight's game.

Lip Man 1
09-21-2006, 10:43 PM
Unbelievable. There's nothing more to say.

These guys were planning their golf games two weeks ago. Totally gutless performance against another 'garbage' team.

I appreciate Ozzie's postgame comments but he should have made the statement two months ago and started demoting guys to triple A instead of defending them.

These guys won't win 90 friggin' games.

Oh someone earlier posted about playing the kids when the Sox are 'officially' eliminated. On whitesox.com Ozzie said he's playing to win every game that he possibly can this season, 'eliminated' or not.

Lip

whitesoxwilkes
09-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Just got back from the game. Ranks right up there w/ the pathetic Cleveland loss this month, Tampa Bay, and another August stinker as worst games this year.
Highlight - the tumble taken by the Mariner (name?). His bowing was the highlight of tonight's game.

Eduardo Perez. I wish I brought my camera for that. Hysterical.

Not a fun night at all. I was in the UD for only the second time all season and had to settle for mini-tacos instead of super tacos. :o:

Beer Can Chicken
09-21-2006, 10:50 PM
I'd say it's officially time to concentrate on something else...

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9119/chi11gp9.jpg

Thank god. B/c if they were 0-2 I'd really be depressed. Let's go Bears!

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-21-2006, 10:55 PM
http://www.chicagos-tenerife.com/images/chicagosbearslogo.gif

Hitmen77
09-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Javy pitched a hell of a game tonight.... other then that this should pretty much sum things up :anon:

He did. What a shame it was wasted. He's charged with 3 earned runs, but the 3rd one scored on a ball that Konerko should have fielded.

Offense, defense, and bullpen were horrible. This team has imploded.

Lip Man 1
09-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Javier has made six straight starts allowing three runs or less. He still doesn't have a win to show for it.

Lip

viagracat
09-21-2006, 11:11 PM
I was at a meeting tonight and didn't catch the game. Sorry I missed it.

Iwritecode
09-21-2006, 11:27 PM
I can't do much else right now (I'm sick, doc) but I sure was hopeful at the start of the game.

I was too actually. Right up until Iguchi struck out in the first...

XOS
09-21-2006, 11:30 PM
NO HEART!!!!!

ondafarm
09-21-2006, 11:32 PM
Good news!!! The White Sox broke a string dating back to early July. Nobody on the White Sox ground into a double play. Of course, nobody was on base when Crede came up and there were two outs the only time PK came up with a man on.

Lip Man 1
09-21-2006, 11:36 PM
You have got to be wondering what Kenny is thinking after lifeless, 'give a damn' performances like on Monday night and Thursday night.

He has got to be seething inside, absolutely ready to break something (or someone) in half.

Can't say that I blame him.

To me that's the most astonsihing thing this season about this team. NOTHING it seems 'bothers' them. I've seen more life in a morgue.

Lip

chisoxmike
09-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Javier has made six straight starts allowing three runs or less. He still doesn't have a win to show for it.

Lip

Well, I guess that makes up for his countless blow ups in the first half, and the beginning of the 2nd half of the season.

SoxSpeed22
09-21-2006, 11:41 PM
Well, I guess that makes up for his countless blow ups in the first half, and the beginning of the 2nd half of the season.Story of this team, when one part turns on, another part deactivates.
In other news, the sky is blue.

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Story of this team, when one part turns on, another part deactivates.
In other news, the sky is blue.

Truer Words have never been spoken.

kitekrazy
09-21-2006, 11:49 PM

Oh don't be to sure of that. There's plenty of baseball left.

kitekrazy
09-21-2006, 11:51 PM
We had a chance to get back to right where we were yesterday, and we failed.

No. They still played bad baseball. There's a good chance they will do it again. Not all hope is lost.

captain54
09-22-2006, 12:01 AM
You have got to be wondering what Kenny is thinking after lifeless, 'give a damn' performances like on Monday night and Thursday night.

He has got to be seething inside, absolutely ready to break something (or someone) in half.

Can't say that I blame him.

To me that's the most astonsihing thing this season about this team. NOTHING it seems 'bothers' them. I've seen more life in a morgue.

Lip

That's why I"m sure a lot of us can't wait for this nightmare to end so Kenny
can have at fixing what needs to be fixed because you KNOW his back is going to be up against the wall and the pressure is going to be on HIM...

My biggest concern is that the Sox organization will lose the momentum and respect that they have build over the last couple of years with a piss poor showing to end the season like this...

Sox fans aren't stupid..they know there was more competition in the Central this year...but all the Sox had to do was play .500 baseball in the second half and we wouldn't be in the position we're in.....

Ozzie will be under more scrutiny too...this is the third year in a row his team has played a mediocre or bad second half (not counting the playoffs last year)......

I really believe the key to it all will be how the pitching will be revamped next year.....They got a taste of it in 2005....pitching wins championships
for the Sox to have any chance next year something is absolutely going to
have to be done to improve the bullpen and to take a long hard look at how
and why the starting staff, especially Burhle, for the most part couldn't get it done this year...

viagracat
09-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Between the expected bad weather and the situation they're in, there should be no problem parking around the ballpark tomorrow. :(:

It should be mathematically over in 72 hours. Just get it over with. :(: :(:

Myrtle72
09-22-2006, 12:30 AM
So, I haven't read this entire thread and I don't think I'm going to.

But, I didn't watch tonight's game because I had other things I needed to do. But needless to say, I'm glad I didn't after hearing about it from various sources.

Right now, I'm in Chicago visiting family. I am going to the game tomorrow night (if it doesn't rain). This will be the third game I will be able to go to this season because I don't live in the area. And the fact that I'm a poor college student and can't afford to travel all over the country like some of you guys. :tongue: My point is, I don't get to go to many games. The Sox are due for a win and if they don't win, I'm going to be really really really really upset. Alright, you know what? I don't even think I care if they lose as long as they put up a fight. I just want to see a decent game, is that so much to ask for?

DaleJRFan
09-22-2006, 12:37 AM
It should be mathematically over in 72 hours. Just get it over with. :(: :(:

As much as it pains me to say, I agree with you (it doesn't pain me that I agree with you, it pains me to say the team packed it in).

Dammit Guys! Get it over with so I can move on with my life and start speculating in Whats The Score...

cheezheadsoxfan
09-22-2006, 01:00 AM
Just got home from the game. For that I took a 20 mile car trip, a Metra train, and an El. :(:

I've given up on any playoffs, I'd just like to see them play a decent ballgame again.

IronFisk
09-22-2006, 01:18 AM
Sox go 6-0
Twins go 4-3

If we could only WIN ourselves! Season is over...check the sig...

IronFisk
09-22-2006, 01:18 AM
Sox go 6-0
Twins go 4-3

IronFisk
09-22-2006, 01:19 AM
Sox go 6-0
Twins go 4-3

BV2005
09-22-2006, 02:16 AM
Yet another disapointing season, I had such high expectations for the Sox this year, With all the upgrades they did to an already awesome team I seriously thought they were going to win 120 games. I can't believe they won't even make the playoffs. One more loss and my Sox Pride wristband comes off till next year (which is sad cause last year it stayed on till January).

Soxworldchamps
09-22-2006, 06:37 AM
I don't think that, the way they're playing baseball right now, they even deserve to make the playoffs. It's just pathetic.

MadetoOrta
09-22-2006, 06:39 AM

Lip

Javier's pitching over the last month or so is one of the few bright spots that I will hang onto going into next year. He's figured something out and looks dominant. He could be our #1 next year.

I've been off the bandwagon for a couple of months. Listless play, corpseball etc .....

That bullpen is horrible. Konerko for Figgins and Shields anyone?

wassagstdu
09-22-2006, 06:43 AM
I want the veterans to stand out on that field and suffer while the season slowly drips away. Let the embarrassment and frustration float around in their stomachs. After that, they'll never want this to happen to them again. It will serve as motivation for next year.

I honestly think the call-ups and subs are likely to put more wins up than the regulars at this point, given that the starting pitching has come around. Don't you think it would be embarrassing enough for the regulars to sit and watch the call-ups win when they couldn't? I'm not into public humiliation of the heroes of 2005. I'll leave that to KW.

DumpJerry
09-22-2006, 07:20 AM
The mid-70's called. They want their game back.

BeviBall!
09-22-2006, 07:23 AM
After a game like this I thank the heavens I have a working DVD player so I could watch Sox Pride again.

kraut83
09-22-2006, 07:35 AM
Javier's pitching over the last month or so is one of the few bright spots that I will hang onto going into next year. He's figured something out and looks dominant. He could be our #1 next year.

Vaz certainly has made a case to stay in the rotation next year. He's really stepped it up in the last month. As someone said earlier, it's a shame that he has nothing to show for his efforts.

Sad
09-22-2006, 07:41 AM
Just got home from the game. For that I took a 20 mile car trip, a Metra train, and an El. :(:

I've given up on any playoffs, I'd just like to see them play a decent ballgame again.

been there, did that :mad:
however I won't again this year...

veeter
09-22-2006, 07:51 AM
Apparently the players thought us fans were content with one championship. Championship? Heck, all I want is some effort at this point. The Bears HAVE to beat the Vikes this sunday.

harwar
09-22-2006, 08:16 AM
I am part of a group of old timers that go to games or just get together for them and being realists we were relaxed at the start of last nights game,since we all knew that it has been over for some time now.
Then the fact that the twins and tigers both lost started creeping into our conversation and before we knew what was happening we were getting all stressed out again and that dreaded feeling of hope dug its ugly claws into more and more of us.
We were saved by Uribe and as one batter after another dragged himself up to the plate to flail wildely at every breaking pitch thrown in their general direction,we all came to our senses.
Who knows what will happen in the off season,only remember that this is the team that KW has been building for years,some of these guys he has been after for quite a long time.This is the finished product and he doesn't have a clue as to why we are not going to another championship.
Come to think of it no one does ..

MsSoxVixen22
09-22-2006, 08:19 AM
Good GOD what a ****ing pathetic team!! What happen to Sox Pride? I mean they're the WORLD CHAMPIONS and they're not even defending their title! They really don't care and it looks like Ozzie is thinking that way too. Javy pitched a decent game and we can't hit a ****ing watermelon! Boy oh boy is it going to be an interesting off season! KW will be cleaning house! This whole season we've relied on the long ball. Yes, home runs are good but it's not what wins games. I think this team forgot how they won last year....smallball, Ozzieball, whatever you want to call it. It's doing the little things and playing good fundamental baseball.

I guess I will get myself into watching the Bears and the Bulls.

Britt Burns
09-22-2006, 08:29 AM
Worst game of the year. Man it is frustrating...

itsnotrequired
09-22-2006, 08:48 AM
*sigh*

Sig update time...

ws05champs
09-22-2006, 08:54 AM
I was in the UD last night so I can't confrim this but the only way the Sox could have played like they did was if everyone on the team (except for Vazques) was either talking on their cell phones or playing with their Gameboys while out in the field or at bat. Anyone closer to the action notice this?

Dan H
09-22-2006, 09:22 AM
They look worse than pathetic. They look like the Cubs. If they want to totally give up, let Sweeney, Fields and Gload play. This is worst I've seen any White Sox team play.

0o0o0
09-22-2006, 09:25 AM
Vazquez looked good again. Offense was a no show again. I know that the starting pitching should take most of the blame for this season being unsuccessful, but they're finally coming around when it matters most. Where's the offense?

BTW, Crede hasn't had a hit in a week. :o:

MarySwiss
09-22-2006, 09:34 AM

What a disgrace.
Well said. I don't remember the last time a game made me so furious. That "effort" was flat-out ridiculous, and how Javy didn't go into the clubhouse and just start punching people, I don't know. He was pitching his brains (and heart) out, the M's had a 1-run lead thanks to a botched play by the Sox, and NOBODY could push across a single run? I'm pissed all over again just thinking about it! :angry:

(Deep breath) Okay, here's what I think. If we ultimately are not going to make the playoffs--and it sure as hell looks that way--let's just get eliminated ASAP and get it over with. That way, the Twins don't get to celebrate at our expense and we can stop being slowly tortured to death. :whiner:

Thank God for the Bears game on Sunday. And they'd better not lose to those damn Vikings...! :angry:

itsnotrequired
09-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Well said. I don't remember the last time a game made me so furious. That "effort" was flat-out ridiculous, and how Javy didn't go into the clubhouse and just start punching people, I don't know. He was pitching his brains (and heart) out, the M's had a 1-run lead thanks to a botched play by the Sox, and NOBODY could push across a single run? I'm pissed all over again just thinking about it! :angry:

Extra annoying that our pal Cotts came in, threw three pitches and gave up two runs, one of which got charged to Vazquez. Cotts continues his trend of giving up runs yet keeping his ERA low; Cotts had no earned runs in last night's game. Logan and Riske also win clown awards. They threw 20 pitches combined for 2 walks, 1 hit yet 4 runs. Unreal...

Jerko
09-22-2006, 09:56 AM
Extra annoying that our pal Cotts came in, threw three pitches and gave up two runs, one of which got charged to Vazquez. Cotts continues his trend of giving up runs yet keeping his ERA low; Cotts had no earned runs in last night's game. Logan and Riske also win clown awards. They threw 20 pitches combined for 2 walks, 1 hit yet 4 runs. Unreal...

I agree, but who keeps putting them out there in the same situation, every time, to see them fail every time? Everyone says "oh, the Sox have the least amount of innings pitched by the bullpen". Well, that's because Cotts has played in 100 games and in about 80 of them he didn't retire the ONE guy he came in for, which means ZERO innings pitched, but a reliever used. Then he's "unavailable" 2 days later because he can't pitch 3 nights in a row. We always seem to need 4 pitchers get 3 outs late in games, so the bullpen gets charged with one IP but they use all their guys. I think appearances count more than innings pitched with these guys, so that stat is a little skewed IMO.

itsnotrequired
09-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Maybe if Ozzie or KW had gone the Buddy Rich route earlier in the season, the team wouldn't be in the position they are in.

http://www.cis.rit.edu/~ejipci/buddy_rich.htm

mark2olson
09-22-2006, 12:11 PM
There were opportunities? :?:

Oh you mean earlier in the season... alright, that I agree with.

Pretty tough to watch this team mail it in. I mean Uribe and Crede's botched popup was enough to lose the game all by itself...:(:

sigh...

In my opinion, I believe that there were opportunities.

The Tigers lost, an opportunity. The Twins lost, an opportunity. If we win, we gain ground on both teams.

In the first inning, Pablo doubles. RISP with no outs, tremendous opportunity to take the lead early.

In the 5th, Uribe doubles with one out. Once again, a tremendous opportunity, this time to tie the game up.

In the 7th, Thome doubles with two down.

There are three opportunities with a runner in scoring position. All three opportunities wasted. And actually, in reviewing my statement, "too many," I chose the wrong words and should have enumerated the number.

The point is moot and I am only beating a dead horse. Opportunities or not, you are correct, by giving the Mariners the extra out in the second and allowing the runner to score, we gave them all they needed to win the ball game.

Paulwny
09-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Last night's "mail-it-in" game was a perfect example of why fans will boo their own players. If they don't give an honest effort, don't give a damn about the fans and the amount of money people spend to attend a game, they deserve to be booed.

JB98
09-22-2006, 12:53 PM
I honestly think the call-ups and subs are likely to put more wins up than the regulars at this point, given that the starting pitching has come around. Don't you think it would be embarrassing enough for the regulars to sit and watch the call-ups win when they couldn't? I'm not into public humiliation of the heroes of 2005. I'll leave that to KW.

I honestly don't care about who will put up the most wins at this point. Whether we go 9-0 or 0-9 the rest of the way, we won't be in the playoffs.

This core group experienced the highest of highs last year, and they did it together. Now, together, I want them to experience the lowest of lows. The more miserable they are the better. I want them to feel terrible, so they'll take steps to make sure this never happens again.

There's a lesson to be learned here. That lesson is, nothing is going to be given to you. Even if the fans and the media expect you to win, it isn't just going to happen because it's supposed to. Paying attention to detail, doing the little things, respecting every opponent, these are things that lead to championships. We didn't do that this year, and we see the disappointing results. I want these core veterans to go out on that field and experience the mess that they created by not doing those things.

We had a discussion here a couple weeks back about Jenks being booed after a blown save and whether that was acceptable. I argued it was not, and most people agreed. Last night was an example of a game where booing should take place. I will never boo a player just because he had a bad day. We're all human. I have bad days at work too, and I understand **** happens. But when players are giving less than 100 percent of what they have to give, that's unacceptable. And that's what I saw last night. After that dog**** effort, I can't justify rewarding anyone with a day off.

mark2olson
09-22-2006, 01:16 PM
There's a lesson to be learned here. That lesson is, nothing is going to be given to you. Even if the fans and the media expect you to win, it isn't just going to happen because it's supposed to. Paying attention to detail, doing the little things, respecting every opponent, these are things that lead to championships. We didn't do that this year, and we see the disappointing results. I want these core veterans to go out on that field and experience the mess that they created by not doing those things.

I agree with these statements. Whether a team is the "best on paper" is immaterial. Your references to "paying attention to detail, doing the little things," and "respecting every opponent;" these should be the core values for all baseball teams. It is unfortunate that quite a few teams, on all levels, do not adhere to these values, those that do, as you point out, increase their chances of winning.

palehozenychicty
09-22-2006, 01:35 PM
I had the unfortunate privilege of keeping up with yesterday's game through the twinkies-sawx and listening to the #1 red sox fan, berman. they showed the crede-uribe botched popup and i knew it was trouble. vazquez threw very well, and has been over the last month. whoever said it was right, that he would come up big. too bad the team has come up small since late august. losing to seattle as a world champion in september is shameful. period. :angry:

itsnotrequired
09-22-2006, 01:47 PM
I had the unfortunate privilege of keeping up with yesterday's game through the twinkies-sawx and listening to the #1 red sox fan, berman. they showed the crede-uribe botched popup and i knew it was trouble. vazquez threw very well, and has been over the last month. whoever said it was right, that he would come up big. too bad the team has come up small since late august. losing to seattle as a world champion in september is shameful. period. :angry:

Vazquez has 5 quality stars in a row (6+ IP and 3 or fewer ERs). The two starts before those 5 was good as well (5.2 IP, 2 ER and 7.0 IP, 4 ER, respectively).

His record over those 7 games? 0-3. Sox batting average over those 7 games? .214

Ugh.

Baby Fisk
09-22-2006, 01:50 PM
I burst out laughing at the grand slam. Bitter, sarcastic laughter. That was the season ender for me. I put on the Rome DVDs after that.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/840501/pollyanna-poster3.jpg
"Farewell my happy friends! It's been ever so lovely this summer, following our beloved White Sox for another campaign. We've had many laughs and many moments of fist-pumping enthusiasm. Oh how I love that fist action! Now we can spend the winter thinking about more fisting to come! Tee hee hee! See you next year, pixies!"

Iwritecode
09-22-2006, 01:55 PM
That was the most disturbing pollyanna post I've ever read... :o:

Flight #24
09-22-2006, 01:56 PM

IMO Cotts did his job last night. Konerko's the one who was responsible for those runs coming in. Neil got a fairly easy GB, Paulie's the one who didn't get in front of it and waved at it. An unscored error if ever there was one.

(And I don't want to hear the phrase "shielded by the runner", because that's EXACTLY why as an infielder you GET IN FRONT OF THE DAMN BALL RATHER THAN STABBING AT IT!!!)

Now Boone Logan - every BB he gives up should result in AJ, Ozzie, & Coop walking to the mound and taking turns giving him a shoe to the groin.

itsnotrequired
09-22-2006, 01:57 PM
IMO Cotts did his job last night. Konerko's the one who was responsible for those runs coming in. Neil got a fairly easy GB, Paulie's the one who didn't get in front of it and waved at it. An unscored error if ever there was one.

(And I don't want to hear the phrase "shielded by the runner", because that's EXACTLY why as an infielder you GET IN FRONT OF THE DAMN BALL RATHER THAN STABBING AT IT!!!)

Now Boone Logan - every BB he gives up should result in AJ, Ozzie, & Coop walking to the mound and taking turns giving him a shoe to the groin.

Konerko can't pitch either.

Chicago
09-22-2006, 02:40 PM
"yeah, Wsi, That Team Sure Did Suck Last Night. They Just Plain Sucked. I've Seen Teams Sucks Before, But They Were The Suckiest Bunch Of Sucks That Ever Sucked."

southside rocks
09-22-2006, 03:45 PM
I honestly don't care about who will put up the most wins at this point. Whether we go 9-0 or 0-9 the rest of the way, we won't be in the playoffs.

This core group experienced the highest of highs last year, and they did it together. Now, together, I want them to experience the lowest of lows. The more miserable they are the better. I want them to feel terrible, so they'll take steps to make sure this never happens again.

We had a discussion here a couple weeks back about Jenks being booed after a blown save and whether that was acceptable. I argued it was not, and most people agreed. Last night was an example of a game where booing should take place. I will never boo a player just because he had a bad day. We're all human. I have bad days at work too, and I understand **** happens. But when players are giving less than 100 percent of what they have to give, that's unacceptable. And that's what I saw last night. After that dog**** effort, I can't justify rewarding anyone with a day off.

Yep.

I was at the game last night and I left when it got really ugly, in the 8th inning, and on the ride home (listening to Farmio), my friend and I were actually surprised by how angry we were at the team. It wasn't just a bad loss, it wasn't just frustration and disappointment, it was visceral anger.

What we saw out there was no respect for the game, plain and simple. Imagine what Carlton Fisk would have to say to this team right about now. :angry: :angry: :angry: