PDA

View Full Version : Manuel Inexcusable

Soxboyrob
07-30-2001, 04:22 PM
I needed this long to cool off after yesterday's game. How in god's name did The Jer(Manuel) come to the conclusion that Embree was the right guy to come in for the Sox in their most crucial, must-win game of the season yesterday. Late in the game, with a 1-run lead, shouldn't you bring in a pitcher that is actually good?...or at least decent? NOT IN JERRY'S WORLD!

The fact that Embree was brought into that situation is almost criminal, from a baseball standpoint. Glover consistently mows people down. Howry usually gets the job done. Embree usually gets killed. Hmmmm....who should I bring in? This lefty vs. lefty crap is ridiculous. It would make sense if the guy could get a lefty out, but he can't.

The problem is that the Jer has no sense of urgency. No manage-for-the-moment desire to win. With the Sox having a day off on Monday, doesn't that make almost any pitcher on your roster available for an inning or two of work? Where is it written that a lefty has to face a lefty? If that's the way it has to be, why was Lowe left in there for 6 innings vs. several lefties?

Manuel has cost the sox at least a half dozen games this season by simply not going for the win in tons of situations. They won last season in spite of the guy and they're losing this season, often times due to him.

Manuel is a horrible baseball tactician. He's a wonderful personnel guy and seems well-liked. Some kind of adjustment is vastly needed right now because the Jer doesn't have the ability to be a good major league tactician. To put it mildly, I want to see the guy fired and he justly deserves to be fired. Don't give me any crap about the injuries and blah blah blah. The Sox are a team FULL of talent and that talent is not being properly used. The fact that they are averaging less than 5 runs a game should be reason enough. Get someone in there that will FORCE a knucklehead like Ray to take a 3-1 pitch, instead of swinging for the fence on it.

Jer is a blight on this team. Get rid of him.

Daver
07-30-2001, 04:27 PM
You forgot this
:firejerry

FarWestChicago
07-30-2001, 04:28 PM
You forgot this

LOL!! I was getting ready to post the same message, Daver. I went and looked at something and saw you beat me to it. :)

Daver
07-30-2001, 04:31 PM
The fastest gun in the West you ain't FWC.

LOL :)

FarWestChicago
07-30-2001, 04:34 PM
The fastest gun in the West you ain't FWC.

I was back in my troll shooting days! Now I sit around hacking code and adding tags, LOL!

ode to veeck
07-30-2001, 04:50 PM
I'm looking for Jerry's antlers right now. I'lll steal 'em from the Pioneer Inn if I have to.

You know, I agree it at least 6 games lost on pure managerially inept moves and non-moves in last 6 weeks alone ... and we wonder why we can't get any closer than 8 games from a playoff spot

:firejerry

can't say it enough

Bucktown
07-31-2001, 08:32 AM
The Pioneer Inn in Oshkosh, WI?