PDA

View Full Version : pods article in the trib yesterday...

esbrechtel
09-21-2006, 05:16 PM
im surprised no one brought this up.... this article was in the cubune yesterday and pods pretty much took the blame for the way the team has been playing this year...it is very interesting i know how most people feel on this board about pods but i felt it was very noble of him to take the fall....thoughts?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-0609200130sep20,1,2668579.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

batmanZoSo
09-21-2006, 05:42 PM
At least there's a lot of accountability throughout the organization. There hasn't been any feuding, bickering or finger-pointing. So you can't really say there's a chemistry problem. (and if you did, I'd still say chemistry's BS, overrated and a product of winning, but I digress...)

As for Pods, I'd like to go another direction, but he seems like an every-other-year guy so far in his career. Maybe next year is his good year. I don't know what goes on in the clubhouse, though and I trust KW will make the right move with Ozzie's input on addressing the leadoff situation for next year.

StockdaleForVeep
09-21-2006, 06:28 PM
At least there's a lot of accountability throughout the organization. There hasn't been any feuding, bickering or finger-pointing. So you can't really say there's a chemistry problem. (and if you did, I'd still say chemistry's BS, overrated and a product of winning, but I digress...)

As for Pods, I'd like to go another direction, but he seems like an every-other-year guy so far in his career. Maybe next year is his good year. I don't know what goes on in the clubhouse, though and I trust KW will make the right move with Ozzie's input on addressing the leadoff situation for next year.

Ha thats why we underachieved, no Frank\disputes in the house, it was too peaceful dammit!

Sox-o-matic
09-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Ha thats why we underachieved, no Frank\disputes in the house, it was too peaceful dammit!

Don't forget Crazy Carl.

SABRSox
09-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Pods is a fantastic 4th OF.

ondafarm
09-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Pods is a fantastic 4th OF.

Your definition of fantastic and mine are very different.

lizard6king6
09-21-2006, 09:29 PM
I love Pods and have been behind him the whole time. Its frustrating watching him struggle (as well as the rest of the team). But when I met him I knew Id be a fan of his for a long time. A fantastic, nice, generous, and humble guy. Everyone on this board loved him last year and maybe we can call this a bad year. Regardless what happens I wish him the best with or without our club. He is a much better player than he showed us this year and I think next year if he has a chance to start somewhere he will show us the Pods of old minus a few stolen bases :) It is certain he has lost a step but he is better than everyone made him out to be this year.