PDA

View Full Version : Steinbrenner: I'm fine

Fenway
09-21-2006, 02:24 PM
But George has admitted what many suspected

"I have relinquished pretty much all control of the Yankees," Steinbrenner said. "I had to make room for the young people. You can't hold them back."

"My sons and son-in-law are running the team," he said. "They learned hard under me about how to succeed. We have a lot of good guys signed."

Umm George give Ronnie Woo-Woo 200 million to spend and he could build a winner :angry:

DaleJRFan
09-21-2006, 02:41 PM
ol' George is a fixture in American culture and baseball. Even though he may be backing down from the day to day visability of the Yankees, I hope he sticks around. His rannts are always amusing.

Give the guy credit, the Yankees are always "the team to beat" and have 26 world championships. They're doing something right.

Fenway
09-21-2006, 02:44 PM
ol' George is a fixture in American culture and baseball. Even though he may be backing down from the day to day visability of the Yankees, I hope he sticks around. His rannts are always amusing.

Give the guy credit, the Yankees are always "the team to beat" and have 26 world championships. They're doing something right.

Steinbrenner hires the best help

http://www.interstate80.info/grounded/jimmy17.jpg

mark2olson
09-21-2006, 03:01 PM
Steinbrenner hires the best help

With fringe benifits such as napping under the desk, it's hard to keep the best from applying to work at Yankee HQ!