PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Fan of the Year - Good Witch of the South Side

ChetChat
09-20-2006, 03:43 PM
Congratulations to my former co worker who won season tickets for next year! Last night was the final, and she won by fan applause, beating batman and trophy woman. Notice the very cool pinwheels on the dress hem.
You go, girl!
:supernana:

ChetChat
09-20-2006, 03:53 PM
The 3 finalists from last night.

itsnotrequired
09-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Sox Man got hosed.

robiwho
09-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Sox Man got hosed.

That's what I thought. The Good Witch's costume was decent, but Sox Man and Trophy Woman were so much better.

whitesoxwilkes
09-20-2006, 04:06 PM
Sox Man got hosed.

I agree. He was the face of the team through the playoffs. I clapped for him, wife voted for the good witch.

Tekijawa
09-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Sox Man got hosed.

He already has season tickets anyway... Not to mention he already has half his deposite down on next year already.

Baby Fisk
09-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Sox Man got hosed.
He shouldn't have been dragging Leather Boy around with him. That had to cost him some votes.

Standing Ovation
09-20-2006, 04:21 PM
She should have taken 3rd.

ajismyhero
09-20-2006, 04:24 PM
I got beads with a little paper trophy tied to the bottom from Trophy Woman - i'm convinced their (they're) good luck and will be wearing them every day we play until the end of the season (whenever that will be be). My coworkers keep telling me that i have sticker on my shirt and i keep telling them that it has to stay there.

Whitesox4ever
09-20-2006, 04:58 PM
The south side witch happens to be my beautiful wife and I'm very proud that she won the fan contest ...

We are also full season ticket holders and she has been a die- hard sox fan since the mid 80's while I been a Sox fan since 1976.

SoxMan is a great guy and an awesome fan it was a pleasure meeting him last night.

DumpJerry
09-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Congratulations to my former co worker who won season tickets for next year! Last night was the final, and she won by fan applause, beating batman and trophy woman. Notice the very cool pinwheels on the dress hem.
You go, girl!
:supernana:
Who is batman?

The south side witch happens to be my beautiful wife and I'm very proud that she won the fan contest ...

We are also full season ticket holders and she has been a die- hard sox fan since the mid 80's while I been a Sox fan since 1976.

SoxMan is a great guy and an awesome fan it was a pleasure meeting him last night.
Congrats!

dirty_k
09-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Never seen Sox Man in person but seen the others at the park. Seen a different Sox Man that is very cool and the guy has nearly the same outfit for the Bulls that was used extensivley in the 90's.

Soxfanspcu11
09-20-2006, 05:17 PM
He already has season tickets anyway... Not to mention he already has half his deposite down on next year already.

That's what I thought as well. I have season tickets and I have seen him at nearly every game.

It seems strange that he would be allowed to participate seeing as it appears that he already has season tickets.

The outfit is great and everything, but if he is already on board, then they should have given someone else a shot, IMHO.

chisoxfanatic
09-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Never seen Sox Man in person but seen the others at the park. Seen a different Sox Man that is very cool and the guy has nearly the same outfit for the Bulls that was used extensivley in the 90's.

SoxMan's season tickets are one section over from mine. I've seen him at a bunch of games this year. Lots of people stop to take pictures with him. He sure has become somewhat of a mini-fan icon.

Whitesox4ever
09-20-2006, 05:24 PM
That's what I thought as well. I have season tickets and I have seen him at nearly every game.

It seems strange that he would be allowed to participate seeing as it appears that he already has season tickets.

The outfit is great and everything, but if he is already on board, then they should have given someone else a shot, IMHO.

What's wrong with a season ticket holder being involved in the contest.. Anyone who went to the ball park this season on a tues night had a shot of being in the contest..

Soxfanspcu11
09-20-2006, 05:29 PM
What's wrong with a season ticket holder being involved in the contest.. Anyone who went to the ball park this season on a tues night had a shot of being in the contest..

It just seems that if he already has season tickets, someone else should be afforded the opportunity.

Palehose13
09-20-2006, 05:32 PM
It just seems that if he already has season tickets, someone else should be afforded the opportunity.
Or maybe it would be nice if the Sox paid for and/or upgraded his ST tickets for the year. Just because you have season tickets doesn't mean you can actually afford them. I sure as hell can't afford mine!

35th&Shields
09-20-2006, 05:38 PM

Congratulations to your wife. I'm glad she won. Not to take anything away from Sox Man and the trophy lady, but the Good Witch's costume was the most creative.

Whitesox4ever
09-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Congratulations to your wife. I'm glad she won. Not to take anything away from Sox Man and the trophy lady, but the Good Witch's costume was the most creative.

thanx she spend about five months making her costume for the contest..

MrT27
09-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Who cares if you have season tickets are not, they are FREE next year if you win, thats saving you thousands of dollars.

Myrtle72
09-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Just because you have season tickets doesn't mean you can actually afford them. I sure as hell can't afford mine!

Haha. That is so true. :cool:

Chicago
09-20-2006, 05:48 PM
I agree. He was the face of the team through the playoffs. I clapped for him, wife voted for the good witch.

I cheered for Soxman

I was surprised that most others didn't. :?:

Palehose13
09-20-2006, 05:51 PM
I cheered for Soxman

I was surprised that most others didn't. :?:

Is he the guy with the neon and stuff? If so, that is so 2005. :wink:

MrT27
09-20-2006, 05:53 PM
It was the curse of being the 1st. If you notice most of the fan cheering things the last one usualyl wins. I don't remember the 1st person ever winning.

Kub_Killer_15
09-20-2006, 06:02 PM
SoxMan should have dominated that:o:

SouthSide_HitMen
09-20-2006, 06:10 PM
I thought people in costumes were not allowed into US Cellular. :dunno:

:andy

"Go you White Sox!"

ajismyhero
09-20-2006, 06:47 PM
2 things:

1. Soxman is awesome - i met him at the game where we stomped the Cards and tried to get a picture taken with him, but the 7th inning stretch started so i abandoned him to get back to my seat.

2. Where was the ghost of shoeless joe? Shouldn't he have been involved in this contest?

ChiSoxGirl
09-20-2006, 06:51 PM
I was in 148 last night and Soxman was campaigning hard! He was handing out "Vote for Sox Man" labels that people- even some of the vendors in our area- were wearing, had some of his friends in "Vote for Sox Man" t-shirts, and a couple girls even wore headbands that had white socks on springs as antennas! Soxman was stopping by a ton of people- including my friend & I- asking us for our votes.

I ran into the eventual winner of the contest in the restroom in the 2nd inning. I didn't know about last night's Fan of the Year contest, so I went up to her and asked why she was dressed like that. I found out that she spent her entire summer making her costume, complete with a glitter baseball wand and red glitter lipstick to match the glitter on the red stitching of the baseball and the glitter on all the pinwheels at the bottom of her skirt! I could really see the hard work and dedication she'd put into making her costume, especially seeing her up close.

I was sorta pulling for Sox Man because he was the face of the 2005 playoffs- even made a scene in one of the DVDs! I also saw him for the first time after Game 1 of the World Series when I was in line outside of Puffer's with The Dude waiting to get in. He's definitely cool and represents Sox Pride well! :cool:

DaBears
09-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Is he the guy with the neon and stuff? If so, that is so 2005. :wink:

I think this would be Neon man...he's at a lot of Chicago sporting events.

Parrothead
09-20-2006, 07:58 PM
I thought people in costumes were not allowed into US Cellular. :dunno:

:andy

"Go you White Sox!"

:kneeslap: :rolling: I miss ole Andy.....

I have never seen either girl at the park this year or last. The Batman guy I have seen many times.

LuvSox
09-20-2006, 08:05 PM

The contest was open to everybody.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-20-2006, 09:57 PM
:kneeslap: :rolling: I miss ole Andy.....

I have never seen either girl at the park this year or last. The Batman guy I have seen many times.

Andy The Clown died in 1995. Reinsdorf and Einhorn tried to ban him in 1981 but rescinded the ban after a large public outcry. This ban was on the eve of introducing their pathetic "Ribbie & Rhubarb", one of many debacles developed by the sunshine boys.

They did enforce a ban on Andy The Clown at the new park.

I guess now that Andy is dead and the fact the team has no problem whoring themselves to any (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/forms/pride_crew_form.jsp) corporate (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/forms/pride_crew_form.jsp) sponsor (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/forms/pride_crew_form.jsp) willing toss a buck or more into their coffers, costumes are once again permitted.

Brian26
09-20-2006, 10:05 PM
I guess now that Andy is dead and the fact the team has no problem whoring themselves to any (http://www.hooters.com/) corporate (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087399/) sponsor (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/forms/pride_crew_form.jsp) willing toss a buck or more into their coffers, costumes are once again permitted.

Sorry, but I'll take the Chevy Pride girls over Andy the Clown any day of the week.

TheDarkGundam
09-20-2006, 10:06 PM
No love for M&M Guy? :?:

SouthSide_HitMen
09-20-2006, 10:23 PM
Sorry, but I'll take the Chevy Pride girls over Andy the Clown any day of the week.

Their flagship station sponsors include strip clubs and online gambling - you have plenty of options to fulfill various legal and illegal vices with the Chicago White Sox.

Pepsi comes in with cash and all of a sudden costumes are allowed again. :rolleyes:

Perhaps Hammond Suzuki USA will sponsor Nancy Faust and she will be playing at future White Sox games.

Palehose13
09-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Their flagship station sponsors include strip clubs and online gambling - you have plenty of options to fulfill various legal and illegal vices with the Chicago White Sox.

Pepsi comes in with cash and all of a sudden costumes are allowed again. :rolleyes:

Perhaps Hammond Suzuki USA will sponsor Nancy Faust and she will be playing at future White Sox games.
Money talks. It's been that way for a loooong time. I will gladly take Reinsdorf, the corporate sponsors and the 2005 world championship trophy over Veeck, his gimmick, and Andy the Clown. Not that I have no heart for nostalgia, but JR did get us a championship.

BTW...It was Faust's decision to cut back on hours, not the White Sox.

Parrothead
09-20-2006, 11:00 PM

Why not both, if he was alive?

Soxfanspcu11
09-20-2006, 11:10 PM
The contest was open to everybody.

I know. The point was that since he already has season tickets, it would be nice to see someone else who wanted them as well, get a chance.

Or as Palehose said, they could have upgraded his season tickets then if they really felt he deserved to win.

All I was saying is that there are A LOT of people who would love to have season tickets and since he already has them, maybe they should have made someone else's dream come true.

And yes Palehose, I can't afford my season tickets either! That's why credit cards can be amazing!:D:

LuvSox
09-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Why not both, if he was alive?

Or Andy The Clown throwing t-shirts?

Parrothead
09-20-2006, 11:47 PM
Or Andy The Clown throwing t-shirts?

I think Andy would have to use the shirt gun....he might have thrown out his arm (like some of the Sox pitchers this year). How about Andy with Ribbie, Robarb and Southpaw, now that would be cool.

LuvSox
09-20-2006, 11:51 PM
I think Andy would have to use the shirt gun....he might have thrown out his arm (like some of the Sox pitchers this year). How about Andy with Ribbie, Robarb and Southpaw, now that would be cool.

Might as well throw Harry & Jimmy in the mix.

Parrothead
09-20-2006, 11:53 PM
Might as well throw Harry & Jimmy in the mix.

Why not? That would be a dream Sox mascot / PR / announcing team.

russ99
09-21-2006, 07:49 AM
thanx she spend about five months making her costume for the contest..

Those pinwheels are sweeet. :D:

Baby Fisk
09-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Those pinwheels are sweeet. :D:
I second that. The pinwheels bring the whole outfit together.

Law11
09-21-2006, 08:29 AM

Congrats!!

spiffie
09-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Andy The Clown died in 1995. Reinsdorf and Einhorn tried to ban him in 1981 but rescinded the ban after a large public outcry. This ban was on the eve of introducing their pathetic "Ribbie & Rhubarb", one of many debacles developed by the sunshine boys.

I will come through the computer screen like the girl from "The Ring" at the next person who speaks ill of Ribbie and Roobarb.

Frontman
09-21-2006, 09:49 AM

And here I was about to post "Of course she won, she's pretty hot looking." Which would of gotten me in trouble. Not just with you, but I'm sure my wife has a frying pan with my name on it. ;)

But congrats m'man. Too bad on TV we didn't see the full costume (a few weeks back they had your wife on TV, didn't see the pinwheels on her skirt.) And unlike SoxMan, which is a modified Halloween costume, your wife's was very original.

As far as duplicate season tickets, I'd be more disappointed if the Sox started the whole "this contest is for season ticket holders only. This contest if for non-season ticket holders only" stuff. Sox fans are Sox fans; Sox Pride is Sox Pride. It's that type of garbage that splits a fanbase. So your wife won, based on fan support.

Now, if you don't have anyone to give that other set of tickets to, I'm more than happy to relieve you of them! :)

Congrats again!

Front

SouthSide_HitMen
09-21-2006, 10:31 AM
I will come through the computer screen like the girl from "The Ring" at the next person who speaks ill of Ribbie and Roobarb.

I have not seen The Ring but IIRC Naomi Watts was in it.

If you come through the screen in the form of Naomi Watts I will have to resume trash talking. :D:

spiffie
09-21-2006, 11:12 AM
I have not seen The Ring but IIRC Naomi Watts was in it.

If you come through the screen in the form of Naomi Watts I will have to resume trash talking. :D:
If I could make myself look like Naomi Watts I woud...(insert things likely to get this thread Roadhoused quickly).

Think more like...
http://www.komodomedia.com/blog/images/samara.jpg

IspepAloc
09-21-2006, 04:11 PM

Congrats on your wife winning. I thought that the costume was pretty neat. Though, I do have to think there was a little luck involved on her victory because she was third. If you listen to the Lotto contest, I think that 3 is the winner every time, at least it has for the last 3 games. I thought the guy who had the scoreboard did a hell of a job and was disappointed that he didn't get into the final 3.

esbrechtel
09-21-2006, 04:46 PM
And unlike SoxMan, which is a modified Halloween costume, your wife's was very original.

i agree with that entirely plus the whole land of OZ thing and all....i think its very orignal and love the pinwheels