PDA

View Full Version : Rumble in the Bronx

maurice
09-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Giambi (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2595523) throws ARod under the bus. Some snippets:
Giambi is quoted in the article as saying Rodriguez has a "false confidence" and that Torre should "stop coddling him." . . .
"You [expletive] call those hits?" Giambi said [to ARod], according to SI. "You had two [expletive] dinkers to right field and a ball that bounced over the third baseman! Look at how many pitches you missed! When you hit three, four or five [in the order], you have to get the big hits, especially if they're going to walk Bobby [Abreu] and me. I'll help you out until you get going. I'll look to drive in runs when they pitch around me, go after that 3-and-1 pitch that might be a ball. But if they're going to walk Bobby and me, you're going to have to be the guy."

Roid rage?

ARod responds:
"[Mike] Mussina doesn't get hammered at all," he told SI. "He's making a boatload of money. Giambi's making [$20.4 million], which is fine and dandy, but it seems those guys get a pass. When people write [bad things] about me, I don't know if it's [because] I'm good-looking, I'm biracial, I make the most money, I play on the most popular team ..."

And Torre concludes:
Torre acknowledged meeting with Rodriguez in Seattle in August and telling him to change his demeanor." The tone I took to Alex is basically being honest with himself. And what I meant by that was, he had a tough series in Boston ... and I like to watch body language, he was making it appear like it was OK," Torre said.

daveeym
09-20-2006, 02:00 PM
**** you ya steroid, HGH using piece of ****.

Jjav829
09-20-2006, 02:36 PM
I can't wait until the Arod trade rumors this offseason. This thing just isn't working...

QCIASOXFAN
09-20-2006, 02:53 PM
Finally somebody says something about him. He was just saysing what everybody else was thinking, or was to scared to say.

Kub_Killer_15
09-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Grr Giambi:angry: Your my least favorite player in all of sports good going jackass!

CHIsoxNation
09-20-2006, 03:33 PM
I can't wait until the Arod trade rumors this offseason. This thing just isn't working...

Well word on the street is the Chicago White Sox might be in the market for a new short stop next season....hmmmmmmm.

As insane as it might actually be, I doubt it would ever happen. Especially if Ozzie wants to add more speed to the lineup. Besides, we'd probably have to give up a lot for him and I doubt we could afford that contract.

Tekijawa
09-20-2006, 03:49 PM
There's already enough women in my season ticket section snapping Pictures every time Pod's bends over, if you put AROD in t Short stop they won't know who to focus on with the camera and their heads will explode... I don't need that mess out there. Any chance of him moving to Second and Iguchi moving back to short so I can avoid the foot traffic next year?

MarySwiss
09-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Rome was talking about this on the radio today. He couldn't seem to make up his mind which side he was on, but he did say the e-mails and calls were by-and-large anti-Giambi.

Personally, I love to see a little good ol' fashioned catfight (well, that's what they'd call it if a couple of women were involved, so let's be impartial) on the Yanks. :cool:

fquaye149
09-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Finally somebody says something about him. He was just saysing what everybody else was thinking, or was to scared to say.

You mean Giambi with his .250 BA and 32 HR?

**** you Giambi.

And you know what? **** you A-Rod haters. You have every right not to like the man as a human being, a person, a media figure, whatever. But I think with his previous X seasons, he's earned the right to "slump" to a .280 AVG.

This is ****ing ridiculous. New York's media is a goddamned joke.:angry:

edit: Now that I think about it, you COULD be talking about A-Rod saying about Giambi what everyone's too afraid to say. I doubt it, but I'm going to delude myself into thinking that's what you meant.

TheKittle
09-20-2006, 04:32 PM
When has Mr. Steroid Giambi ever had a big hit for the Yankees? He came to the Yankees in 2001 or 02 and they haven't won jack **** since he's been there. Then add to the fact he missed a lot of games due to his "undisclosed" healthy problem, who the **** is he to talk???

CubKilla
09-20-2006, 04:35 PM
While I agree that Giambi should shut his trap until he can prove everything he has done and is doing now is 100% pure talent and hard work, a big F U should go out to PayRod too.

Anyone ever do a break down of how much each of those "E"s at 3B cost GS? And for what PayRod is getting paid, he shouldn't be slumping. Ever. In fact, he should be putting up Williams-esque #'s in avg., Ruthian #'s in HR's, 150+ RBI's a season, AND stealing bases at a clip reminiscent of Ricky Henderson. EVERY SEASON.

Excuse me if I don't feel one iota bad for PayRod. F him.

fquaye149
09-20-2006, 04:42 PM
While I agree that Giambi should shut his trap until he can prove everything he has done and is doing now is 100% pure talent and hard work, a big F U should go out to PayRod too.

Anyone ever do a break down of how much each of those "E"s at 3B cost GS? And for what PayRod is getting paid, he shouldn't be slumping. Ever. In fact, he should be putting up Williams-esque #'s in avg., Ruthian #'s in HR's, 150+ RBI's a season, AND stealing bases at a clip reminiscent of Ricky Henderson. EVERY SEASON.

Excuse me if I don't feel one iota bad for PayRod. F him.

You mean those E's that come from him playing a position he doesn't really play? How is he to blame for that?

For what Pay-Rod is being payed, he's making 20% more than Giambi. He's getting paid by the Yankees less than Giambi. And who cares what he's being paid?

He's putting up good numbers (900 OPS, 34 HR, 126 RBI).

But the Rangers were willing to pay him 25 a year so therefore you hate him.

Whatever. You ever consider writing for the NY Post? You may have a bright future in tabloid journalism.

For Chrissake, the man won the MVP last year. GOOD GOD, you people boggle my mind.

INSox56
09-20-2006, 04:55 PM
I'VE BEEN SAYING IT FOR MONTHS!!! HAHAHA, the plan is alllllllllll coming together now.......

Trade Crede+??? for Arod. Trade Uribe to whoever. Fields moves into third, Arod goes back to SS......IT'S HAPPENING, MAN....LOOK AT THE SIGNS MANNNN!!!!:wired::kukoo:

in all seriousness though...think bout it..

PaulDrake
09-20-2006, 05:15 PM
You mean those E's that come from him playing a position he doesn't really play? How is he to blame for that?

For what Pay-Rod is being payed, he's making 20% more than Giambi. He's getting paid by the Yankees less than Giambi. And who cares what he's being paid?

He's putting up good numbers (900 OPS, 34 HR, 126 RBI).

But the Rangers were willing to pay him 25 a year so therefore you hate him.

Whatever. You ever consider writing for the NY Post? You may have a bright future in tabloid journalism.

For Chrissake, the man won the MVP last year. GOOD GOD, you people boggle my mind. I always wanted to be a writer which will no doubt amuse some who read my posts here. Be that as it may, can I have the desk next to CubKilla when we get our big chance to be in "tabloid journalism"? You're obviously a fan of ARod, which is your right, but you're taking it way too personal. Some of us just don't care for him, nor do we want to pay what would be an insane price for a guy who's a hell of a ballplayer, but just not worth the heavy baggage he carries.

voodoochile
09-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Well word on the street is the Chicago White Sox might be in the market for a new short stop next season....hmmmmmmm.

As insane as it might actually be, I doubt it would ever happen. Especially if Ozzie wants to add more speed to the lineup. Besides, we'd probably have to give up a lot for him and I doubt we could afford that contract.

Garcia/McCarthy/Vazquez and Fields. Then throw in some minor league crap. What the heck, they can have Uribe too...

Edit: If they pay half of ARod's contract, they can have Sweeney or BA instead of Uribe should they desire.

fquaye149
09-20-2006, 05:45 PM
I always wanted to be a writer which will no doubt amuse some who read my posts here. Be that as it may, can I have the desk next to CubKilla when we get our big chance to be in "tabloid journalism"? You're obviously a fan of ARod, which is your right, but you're taking it way too personal. Some of us just don't care for him, nor do we want to pay what would be an insane price for a guy who's a hell of a ballplayer, but just not worth the heavy baggage he carries.

I'm not a fan of A-Rod, nor do I think I'm taking anything personal.

What I am is someone who respects great baseball players. What I am is someone who is glad that I get to see one of the best shortstops who ever played the game play.

What I AM is annoyed by people who think that having a .280 BA, 900 OPS and 34 HR is a ****ty season (and who ignore the fact that the REASON that's considered a ****ty season is because the ballplayer putting up those numbers is phenomenal, and probably one of the best all-around ballplayer most of us will see in our lives)

What I AM is really annoyed that people think it's all right the way the NY media is viciously attacking the man. And what REALLY annoys me is that people think his salary somehow justifies it.

The paparazzi is a ****ing joke and they should be sick to their stomachs when they wake up in the morning and look in the mirror.

Many of the NY journalists are akin to Mariotti chasing Frank Thomas out of Chicago. Many (unfortunately the Frank thread in WTS shows that I can't say most) Sox fans were too smart to fall for that. Obviously that's not the case in NYC

And now that poison has spread here.

Wonderful. I bet if KW did pull off a deal for A-Rod 90% of posters here would be whining about how awful it is b/c A-Rod's "spoiled," "a whiner," "not clutch."

Turn off ESPN.

Flight #24
09-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Garcia/McCarthy/Vazquez and Fields. Then throw in some minor league crap. What the heck, they can have Uribe too...

Edit: If they pay half of ARod's contract, they can have Sweeney or BA instead of Uribe should they desire.

I assume that's one of Garcia/McCarthy/Vazquez? Take McCarthy out of that mix, please - can't add in another sizeable contract without sending one back. Also, I can't see them trading back for Vazquez after his poor 2d half with them a couple of years ago.

Which leaves Garcia. But I'd rather trade Sweeney than Fields. I like his potential as a middle of the order bat.

Garcia+Sweeney+Pods+Mackowiak for ARod + Melky + $5M/yr (which IIRC makes his net cost something like $10M/yr). Melky's the 4th OF who can play CF, One of Ozuna/Uribe backs up at SS & 3B and Cintron's the backup at 2B. It's not a traditional lineup, but I think the Sox can make some serious offensive hay with Iguchi - Anderson - ARod - Thome - Konerko - Dye - Crede - AJ - Fields. Iguchi, Anderson, Fields, & Arod can run a bit. Everyone's got pop in their bats.

voodoochile
09-20-2006, 05:53 PM
I assume that's one of Garcia/McCarthy/Vazquez? Take McCarthy out of that mix, please - can't add in another sizeable contract without sending one back. Also, I can't see them trading back for Vazquez after his poor 2d half with them a couple of years ago.

Which leaves Garcia. But I'd rather trade Sweeney than Fields. I like his potential as a middle of the order bat.

Garcia+Sweeney+Pods+Mackowiak for ARod + Melky + $5M/yr (which IIRC makes his net cost something like $10M/yr). Melky's the 4th OF who can play CF, One of Ozuna/Uribe backs up at SS & 3B and Cintron's the backup at 2B. It's not a traditional lineup, but I think the Sox can make some serious offensive hay with Iguchi - Anderson - ARod - Thome - Konerko - Dye - Crede - AJ - Fields. Iguchi, Anderson, Fields, & Arod can run a bit. Everyone's got pop in their bats.

Yes, I meant one of them

That's not near enough talent to get it done and you'd definitely have to throw in Fields or Crede so the Yankees have a 3B to plug in. Garcia is the most likely choice because of contract and the fact that McCarthy (as you aptly pointed out) doesn't make enough for the Sox to afford the contract. I would rather trade a still unproven Fields than a guy who has already proven to be a GG 3B with a 5-hole bat.

voodoochile
09-20-2006, 05:55 PM
I'm not a fan of A-Rod, nor do I think I'm taking anything personal.

What I am is someone who respects great baseball players. What I am is someone who is glad that I get to see one of the best shortstops who ever played the game play.

What I AM is annoyed by people who think that having a .280 BA, 900 OPS and 34 HR is a ****ty season (and who ignore the fact that the REASON that's considered a ****ty season is because the ballplayer putting up those numbers is phenomenal, and probably one of the best all-around ballplayer most of us will see in our lives)

What I AM is really annoyed that people think it's all right the way the NY media is viciously attacking the man. And what REALLY annoys me is that people think his salary somehow justifies it.

The paparazzi is a ****ing joke and they should be sick to their stomachs when they wake up in the morning and look in the mirror.

Many of the NY journalists are akin to Mariotti chasing Frank Thomas out of Chicago. Many (unfortunately the Frank thread in WTS shows that I can't say most) Sox fans were too smart to fall for that. Obviously that's not the case in NYC

And now that poison has spread here.

Wonderful. I bet if KW did pull off a deal for A-Rod 90% of posters here would be whining about how awful it is b/c A-Rod's "spoiled," "a whiner," "not clutch."

Turn off ESPN.

Thank you, if the Sox actually can land ARod this off season, it would be the move of the century for the team.

Trav
09-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Well he really isn't clutch. He puts up really good numbers but how often does he get the runner in from third with two outs?

voodoochile
09-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Well he really isn't clutch. He puts up really good numbers but how often does he get the runner in from third with two outs?

Is that the criteria we are using now? Just checking because I want to be sure I am up to date on the latest stat stuff...:rolleyes:

Trav
09-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Is that the criteria we are using now? Just checking because I want to be sure I am up to date on the latest stat stuff...:rolleyes:

Just an example of a situation I would want a main threat in my line up to come through. You have to admit that he does seem to choke when it counts. I could be wrong, I don't have the stats in front of me.

voodoochile
09-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Just an example of a situation I would want a main threat in my line up to come through. You have to admit that he does seem to choke when it counts. I could be wrong, I don't have the stats in front of me.

Come to the Southside of Chicago, Alex. We don't care, just do that thing you do at SS and at the plate, heck, with less media pressure, you might go back to Texas sized stats.

HotelWhiteSox
09-20-2006, 06:48 PM
This is crap on the part of SI imo. These kind of things happen all the time on teams but they stay in house. The Yankees have a good thing going right now and media is trying to **** it up. Yeah, it's the Yankees, but I've seen the media do the same thing with our Sox and taking things in regard to Ozzie or in the past (Frank) and blowing them out of proportion. Now I don't know how they got the quotes (I guess the source is at fault), but I like keeping this stuff in house

Palehose13
09-20-2006, 07:00 PM

Most hitters choke. This is a sport that hails 30% as being excellent.

oeo
09-20-2006, 07:10 PM

A-Rod would be an MVP again here...he'd come up with his fair share of clutch hits, believe me. And like someone else said, he's not having a "bad" season, he's having a "bad" season in respect to his career.

Honestly, I think him coming to Chicago would the best thing that could ever happen to him...he comes to a winning team without all the pressures of New York. Make it happen, Kenny.

MarySwiss
09-20-2006, 07:24 PM
I accidentally turned on ESPN in the middle of a discussion of this A-Rod thing, just in time to hear Kruk say that the team doesn't want a media circus. He later said that if A-Rod did his job, "we" (the media, I assume) will leave him alone.

Yeah, sure!

Trav
09-20-2006, 10:02 PM
A-Rod would be an MVP again here...he'd come up with his fair share of clutch hits, believe me. And like someone else said, he's not having a "bad" season, he's having a "bad" season in respect to his career.

Honestly, I think him coming to Chicago would the best thing that could ever happen to him...he comes to a winning team without all the pressures of New York. Make it happen, Kenny.

I don't think he is having a bad season. I thought that he was earlier but he turned it around. But that wasn't my point. I think the reason he gets dogged is because of the way the doesn't seem to come through in the clutch.

maurice
09-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Baseball Tonight's coverage was exceptionally pro-Giambi, chiding ARod for responding to Giambi's comments but saying nothing negative about Giambi's comments. Joe Morgan went so far as to say that he knows that Giambi is a good clubhouse guy. Morgan also pointed out that the team capitan (Jeter) has not come to ARod's defense, though he regularly protects Giambi's overpaid, roid-loaded ass.

It appears that Giambi and ARod were in full damage control, while celebrating their clinch of the division.

fquaye149
09-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Baseball Tonight's coverage was exceptionally pro-Giambi, chiding ARod for responding to Giambi's comments but saying nothing negative about Giambi's comments. Joe Morgan went so far as to say that he knows that Giambi is a good clubhouse guy. Morgan also pointed out that the team capitan (Jeter) has not come to ARod's defense, though he regularly protects Giambi's overpaid, roid-loaded ass.

It appears that Giambi and ARod were in full damage control, while celebrating their clinch of the division.

http://firejoemorgan.blogspot.com

I hate Giambi and I hate Joe Morgan, steroid apologist #1

Flight #24
09-21-2006, 02:25 PM
FWIW, FoxSports.com has a rumor posted that the Angels may try to make a play for ARod and that the Yanks "figure to ask for at least" Ervin Santana, Chone Figgins, Scot Shields, and a high prospect.

The Sox equivalent could be Garcia, Podsednik/Uribe, Thornton/McDougal, and Fields/Sweeney. And I might do that if it were Sweeney......

voodoochile
09-21-2006, 10:57 PM
FWIW, FoxSports.com has a rumor posted that the Angels may try to make a play for ARod and that the Yanks "figure to ask for at least" Ervin Santana, Chone Figgins, Scot Shields, and a high prospect.

The Sox equivalent could be Garcia, Podsednik/Uribe, Thornton/McDougal, and Fields/Sweeney. And I might do that if it were Sweeney......

They can have all of that, I really don't care. Crede should be the 3B for this team for a long time. If Fields is the difference, then give them Fields...

Find a leadoff hitter and re-sign Dye. Then shore up the bullpen and let the chips fall where they may.