PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* 9/19/06 Freddy Don't Fear the Reaper Postgame Thread

SouthSide_HitMen
09-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Yes!!!

Win tomorrow and there is some baseball left worth watching!!!

Seasons don't fear the reaper
Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain..we (http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGS210~2005-World-Series-White-Sox-Victory-Celebration-Posters.jpg) can be like they are
Come on baby...don't fear the reaper
Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper
We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper
Baby I'm (http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/tom_verducci/09/21/whitesox.indians/t1_garcia.jpg) your man...

jenn2080
09-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Good game Freddy. Hope we play as well tomorrow and the rest of the season.

oeo
09-19-2006, 09:34 PM
1 down, 11 more to go. :cool:

norsepalehoser
If Freddy can pitch are final 11 we have a chance.

bryPt
And Jenks strikes out the side in the 9th.

RIGHT ON!

Keep it going and hopefully Bosox can help us out once at least.

voodoochile
09-19-2006, 09:35 PM
It's the curse of the stuck thread coming for the kittens... :D:

:winner

:supernana::)

Grzegorz
Two hitter; impressive...

Tigers & Twinkies are even the White Sox sit at five back...

jenn2080
If Freddy can pitch are final 11 we have a chance.

do not forget about jon!

NoShoesJoe
2 man rotation: Garcia & Garland

G^2

Great game Freddy! Big game Freddy comes through.

mark2olson
Outstanding job by Freddy tonight!!!!

Come out firing tomorrow, let's win another one!

QCIASOXFAN
09-19-2006, 09:36 PM
Freddy is the Reaper! Great game pitched by him, we need that to rub off on the rest of the pitchers very badly. The offense also put 7 on the board which was a beautiful thing. They need to stay consistent and do the same tomorrow.

oeo

Actually, the Twins are still .5 game behind the Tigers.

Frankfan4life
Well, that's more better! :redneck Another awesome pitching performance by Freddy and finally our offense came to play. We're hanging on by a thread but hope is still alive. I just wish we could put a whole string of wins together for a change. It would be nice.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
09-19-2006, 09:37 PM

Another amazing outting by Freddy, AJ with the huge Grand Slam. Let's finish them off tomorrow

Evman5
Atleast Freddy is upping his trade value with these last couple of starts...

Freddy for Michael Young?

oeo
Freddy is the Reaper! Great game pitched by him, we need that to rub off on the rest of the pitchers very badly. The offense also put 7 on the board which was a beautiful thing. They need to stay consistent and do the same tomorrow.

Hey, where's the love for Garland and Vazquez? They also pitched well in their last starts...the bullpen ****ed those games up.

Buehrle is the weak link in the rotation.

Corlose 15

Actually the Twins are .5 back because they were idle yesterday.

This team is confusing. Where was this Garcia most of the year? Also, notice all 7 runs came off of homers.

HotelWhiteSox
05 ball

Said it at SoxTalk (mainly since I was banned here), still believe we have a chance, make up at least 1.5 games on the Twins in now 8/9 days, doable (would be nicer if the Red Sox would show up, Wakefield, bleh), and you're still in it, hard but not impossible

thomas35forever
09-19-2006, 09:38 PM
What a win. Let's hope this helps us out.

Martinigirl
09-19-2006, 09:39 PM
So will this game slow down the "Freddy needs to be traded" posts? Probably not.

Great game, amazing pitching and amazing hitting. Why can't we do this more often?

Did anyone else think, when AJ got the slam, 'maybe we aren't dead yet'? I did.

JUribe1989
09-19-2006, 09:39 PM
I wanna keep Freddy. I really wanna keep Freddy.

:D:

Huge win!

cheeses_h_rice
09-19-2006, 09:40 PM
OK, that's a good one.

Now, can the Sox capitalize on this?

DickAllen72
Sox were firing on all cylinders tonight. :thumbsup:

JB98
I hate it when the Sox hit home runs. Whatever happened to small ball?

Nice game by Garcia. Let's knock these mother****ers out of first place tomorrow. No matter the end result, I want to see the Sox play hungry and play with pride for the final 11 games.

Corlose 15
09-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Where is Freddy's velocity? Is he back above 90 on his fastball? If he still has stuff I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him. His attitude is still troubling though.

cheezheadsoxfan
So will this game slow down the "Freddy needs to be traded" posts? Probably not.

Great game, amazing pitching and amazing hitting. Why can't we do this more often?

Did anyone else think, when AJ got the slam, 'maybe we aren't dead yet'? I did.

My thought exactly. I thought the rollercoaster ride was over last night. Guess not!

tick53
You're The Star, Gar ....:smile:
Nice Job Bob ......:smile:

Were not through yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

BA: The Hitman
09-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Great game all around, Freddy looked great again. All I'm asking for is a chance for those last 3 games in minneapolis. Just go in there 3 games back or less and you never know.

DickAllen72
09-19-2006, 09:43 PM
You're The Star, Gar ....:smile:
Nice Job Bob ......:smile:

Were not through yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:
You continue to convince me, Pierzynski.....:D:

JB98
Where is Freddy's velocity? Is he back above 90 on his fastball? If he still has stuff I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him. His attitude is still troubling though.

The development of his splitter seems to be helping him. The league hasn't seen him use that pitch so effectively up until the last couple of starts.

23Ventura
Also, notice all 7 runs came off of homers.
If we score 7 runs a game the rest of the year, and don't score a single run without a homer, I'll take it.

beckett21
09-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Way to go Big Game! :thumbsup:

Time to run the table.

kittle42
09-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Much like the last Freddy start, offense playing loose when game is not in doubt.

Throw together a few more in a row similar to this, and I'll have hopes.

QCIASOXFAN
09-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Hey, where's the love for Garland and Vazquez? They also pitched well in their last starts...the bullpen ****ed those games up.

Buehrle is the weak link in the rotation.
No time left for love and pampering, all our pitchers need to pitch stellar in these last 11 games in order to have a chance at this thing. That goes for the bullpen also.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-19-2006, 09:46 PM
If we score 7 runs a game the rest of the year, and don't score a single run without a homer, I'll take it.

At this point a win is a win, a run is a run.

beckett21
09-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Great game all around, Freddy looked great again. All I'm asking for is a chance for those last 3 games in minneapolis. Just go in there 3 games back or less and you never know.

Sox just need to pick up 2 games on them in the next 8. Then sweep 'em.

It can still be done. Won't be easy, but it can be done.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Also nice to see Bobby looking sharp again. (Single aside.):smile:

credefan24
09-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world. . .

batmanZoSo
09-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Just what I figured, they'd come out looking like world beaters when they're all but eliminated. However, you rip off a big winning streak here you never know what can happen so keep winning.

We really own Verlander, which is at least a good thing for the future. Lord knows we have a few pitchers in the division that own us.

oeo
09-19-2006, 09:51 PM
No time left for love and pampering, all our pitchers need to pitch stellar in these last 11 games in order to have a chance at this thing. That goes for the bullpen also.

My point was, the rotation hasn't been the problem lately. It's been a lack of clutch hitting and bad outings by the bullpen.

Myrtle72
09-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world. . .

She took the midnight train, goin' anywhere...

thecip
09-19-2006, 09:55 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f364/thecip/dead.jpg
:smile:

MadetoOrta
09-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks for increasing your trade value Freddie. Garcia for Young straight up Texas. Take it or leave it. While we're at it, you can take Uribe too but that'll cost you a top AA prospect.

Are these guys gonna finish 2 out of WC?

The closer they finish to the WC, the longer our off-season. I'd almost rather be in Fenway's shoes.

Myrtle72
09-19-2006, 09:58 PM
Thanks for increasing your trade value Freddie. Garcia for Young straight up Texas. Take it or leave it. While we're at it, you can take Uribe too but that'll cost you a top AA prospect.

Are these guys gonna finish 2 out of WC?

The closer they finish to the WC, the longer our off-season. I'd almost rather be in Fenway's shoes.

Gee, way to be a downer. :cool:

JB98
09-19-2006, 09:58 PM

Don't you want to throw in Konerko?

QCIASOXFAN
09-19-2006, 10:00 PM
[quote=MadetoOrta;1355687]Thanks for increasing your trade value Freddie. Garcia for Young straight up Texas. Take it or leave it. While we're at it, you can take Uribe too but that'll cost you a top AA prospect.
quote]
I wish Texas would be that stupid. That trade would be like stealing.

HotelWhiteSox
09-19-2006, 10:00 PM

I think the main point there is that it's hard to consistently put it up when you're relying on HRs, offense is more likely to stall, and though its had its issues lately, we know the offense hasn't been the problem with this team. I agree though, I'll see them come out of a slump any way possible.

There is a lot of positive here. Biggest for me might be Jenks. Freddy, whether gaining velocity or the new pitch or both, has shown to be getting stronger. Javy has been solid for a while Garland has been stellar. Contreras will keep you in a game. You can trust a Thornton, McDougal, and hopefully now Jenks from the pen. My only worry is Buehrle because he may get you behind early, I am hoping he is working on that. Our biggest issue here is time, this team could easily rip off a winning streak. The problem is that Minny has to play along too and falter a little (but IT CAN HAPPEN. Remember Cleveland last year @ KC and at HOME against our B team lineup? This past weekend, the Mets needed 1 win against the Pirates to clinch the East and got swept). NOTHING IS GUARANTEED, SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL BELIEVE :smile:

batmanZoSo
09-19-2006, 10:03 PM
http://encyclopedia.quickseek.com/images/thumb/180px-Simpsons_-_Nixon_Whacking_Day.jpg
But I'm not dead yet. In fact, I just wrote an article for Redbook!

MadetoOrta
09-19-2006, 10:05 PM
[quote=MadetoOrta;1355687]Thanks for increasing your trade value Freddie. Garcia for Young straight up Texas. Take it or leave it. While we're at it, you can take Uribe too but that'll cost you a top AA prospect.
quote]
I wish Texas would be that stupid. That trade would be like stealing.

Sort of like Grady Sizemore and Cliff Lee for Bartolo Colon? Pierzynski for Joe Nathan and Liriano? There have been far dumber trades than Garcia [200+ innings + 15 wins a year + Uribe] for Young and a prospect.

100 Year Itch
09-19-2006, 10:08 PM
In the postgame interview Guillen admitted that the Sox know what Verlander is going to throw by the manner he moves his glove before the pitch.

MadetoOrta
09-19-2006, 10:09 PM
In the postgame interview Guillen admitted that the Sox know what Verlander is going to throw by the manner he moves his glove before the pitch.

Brilliant.

goon
09-19-2006, 10:10 PM

good.

**** 'em.

batmanZoSo
09-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Brilliant.

Yeah, way to keep your poker face, Oz. :?:

Myrtle72
09-19-2006, 10:13 PM

Hey, we're not going to see Verlander for the rest of the year, who cares? :tongue:

Well, that's if the Twins don't crap out on us.

whitesoxfan
09-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Yeah, way to keep your poker face, Oz. :?:

That's what I thought at first, but think about it. Verlander still has 2 starts left this season and Ozzie just helped out the Tiggers opponents for those games in a big way. It's pretty hard for a pitcher to change a habit just like that.

batmanZoSo
09-19-2006, 10:15 PM
That's what I thought at first, but think about it. Verlander still has 2 starts left this season and Ozzie just helped out the Tiggers opponents for those games in a big way. It's pretty hard for a pitcher to change a habit just like that.

Good point. We'll see if he can fix it or if his opponents can pick up on it like we did.

Myrtle72
09-19-2006, 10:17 PM

Oh, geeze. I didn't even think of that.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

We really need the Tigers to lose.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Rongey said after the interview that Ozzie just said it "tongue in cheek":rolleyes: .

Anyone believe that?

JB98
09-19-2006, 10:18 PM

Hopefully, Verlander will start thinking about the positioning of his glove and lose focus on executing his pitches.

It's possible the Sox didn't really have Verlander's pitches, and Ozzie made that up to get inside his head. Actually, I kinda doubt it. Only people like me are that devious. :cool:

Martinigirl
09-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Somehow, I think if it were that obvious, we wouldn't be the only team to see it.

slobes
09-19-2006, 10:21 PM
All we can do at this point is keep winning. Let's get em again tomorrow.

Myrtle72
09-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Actually, I kinda doubt it. Only people like me are that devious. :cool:

I'm not sure Ozzie is that deep.

PushinWeight
09-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Bout time Sox. Now win it tomorrow because the twins will likely lose vs. schilling also.

chisoxfanatic
09-19-2006, 10:34 PM
Bout time Sox. Now win it tomorrow because the twins will likely lose vs. schilling also.

I don't know. I really see the Twins winning this division. It's about time this team puts one in the "W" column. Hopefully they continue tomorrow for Jon Garland.

hi im skot
09-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Freddy...yeeeesssss!

JB98
09-19-2006, 10:37 PM
I don't know. I really see the Twins winning this division. It's about time this team puts one in the "W" column. Hopefully they continue tomorrow for Jon Garland.

If the Twins win the division, HomeFish will be vindicated. :o:

WhiteSox1983
09-19-2006, 10:39 PM
I missed the game, I see freddy threw another 1 hitter in 8 innings :cool: ... was he using the same method of pitching as he did during the angels game last week. You know the radar didnt have a pitch going over 89 MPH. Anyways we are still alive.

Brian26
09-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Freddy pitched a gem. It was a perfect scenario to bring Jenks in to get some work too.

oeo
09-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Hey, we're not going to see Verlander for the rest of the year, who cares? :tongue:

Well, that's if the Twins don't crap out on us.

Other teams could light him up as well?

Or maybe Ozzie was just bull****ting, just to make him think a little more.

The Sox have owned Verlander all year anyway, what new?

BNLSox
09-19-2006, 10:44 PM
While we're talking trades in the gamethread - Konerko and Buerhle for Pujols and a prospect.

Brian26
09-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Sox just need to pick up 2 games on them in the next 8. Then sweep 'em.

It can still be done. Won't be easy, but it can be done.

Stranger things have happened. Let's give them a finish.

SluggersAway
09-19-2006, 10:48 PM
I love it, but anyone else concerned that it was the homerun and nothing else?

Let's go back to what won it for us last year.

Crede get your HR and then the whole team can get back to playing smart ball.

I'll take tonight, but we won't win like this everytime.

beckett21
09-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Stranger things have happened. Let's give them a finish.

That's why they play the games.

Last I heard, MLB had not cancelled the rest of the season.

Time to pull out all of the cliche's. :redneck

tromcoe
09-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Let's Do this Thang!!!!

:bandance:

JB98
09-19-2006, 10:52 PM

Not in the least. I'm just thankful for a win after what we've gone through the last four days. Seven runs is a bounty of riches these days.

This team is incapable of playing small ball. They must slug their way to victory. We're 151 games into the season. They aren't going to change their identity now.

spiffie
09-19-2006, 10:56 PM
While we're talking trades in the gamethread - Konerko and Buerhle for Pujols and a prospect.
I assume there must be a missing Pujols brother no one knows about, because Albert Pujols is not getting traded for any package we put together except maybe Garland, McCarthy, Konerko, Fields, Crede, Buerhle, Owens, Sweeney, and Broadway, with us picking up all the salaries. He's up there with Santana, Howard, and Jeter in the untradeable group.

ajismyhero
09-19-2006, 10:58 PM
That game was beautiful. Well executed defense, a clutch homerun by my hero, and a some fabulous pitching. It's just good to see some signs of life! We can definitely still do this thing!

Brian26
09-19-2006, 10:59 PM

1. The Sox have to play within themselves.

2. The Sox have to do the little things.

3. The Sox have to play one game at a time.

4. Don't worry about tomorrow. Just worry about today....

beckett21
09-19-2006, 11:02 PM

All I ask is that they give 110%. The rest will take care of itself.

JB98
09-19-2006, 11:02 PM

5. The Sox can't worry about what other teams are doing. They have to take care of their own business.

Chisox353014
09-19-2006, 11:07 PM
That's why they play the games.

Last I heard, MLB had not cancelled the rest of the season.

Whoa, don't go there. I know some of you are happy campers right now, but our backs are still up against the wall here. I mean we are really up the creek without a paddle. Still, if the Sox find the Eye of the Tiger, and take 'em one game at a time, you know - each player does whatever he can to help the ballclub...maybe, just maybe, we'll be tellin' the Tigers: "Talk to the Hand!" :bandance:

Pureone
09-20-2006, 12:18 AM
"Don't stop believing,
Hold on to that feeling"

:redface:

itsnotrequired
09-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Hopefully, this is a sign of things to come.

Sig update time...

esbrechtel
09-20-2006, 08:17 AM
HUGE WIN....Lets kick them while their down!:bandance:

Dan H
09-20-2006, 08:40 AM
This shows what the Sox can do on any given day. Explosive offense, dominating pitching. But can they do for a week or so? Let's win two in a row before dreaming of eight in a row. After Garcia's last one- hit performance, the White Sox laid an egg. I'm still hoping but don't expect much. A lot has to happen and a great deal of it is now out of the Sox hands.

batmanZoSo
09-20-2006, 08:50 AM
Whoa, don't go there. I know some of you are happy campers right now, but our backs are still up against the wall here. I mean we are really up the creek without a paddle. Still, if the Sox find the Eye of the Tiger, and take 'em one game at a time, you know - each player does whatever he can to help the ballclub...maybe, just maybe, we'll be tellin' the Tigers: "Talk to the Hand!" :bandance:

Well, you know

We just gotta go out there and

Give 110% and

Let the chips fall where they may

PaulDrake
09-20-2006, 08:55 AM
I wanna keep Freddy. I really wanna keep Freddy.

Huge win! So do I. He's frustrating because his head isn't always in the game. Still, it was obvious he didn't have his velocity much of this year. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he rebounds nicely next year. Unless the offer is especially sweet, I say keep Freddy.

CaptainBallz
09-20-2006, 09:23 AM
I think all that matters is that I, personally, am not ready for this to end.

Do that again, Sox. And again and again and again...

No pressure, no diamonds...

The time is NOW!!!

**** the reaper...

mark2olson
09-20-2006, 09:39 AM

At this point, I'll take runs any way we can get 'em. We're a long ball team, might as well live by the sword.

ws05champs
09-20-2006, 04:08 PM
I think the evil spirit that has taken over Buehrle must have jumped into Verlander last night. Hope it stays with the Tigers.