PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rose will do ANYTHING for $$$$$$

Fenway
09-19-2006, 12:39 PM
he has no shame none

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/453488p-381614c.html

Baseball's disgraced all-time hit king may have hit an all-time low by signing balls with this shocking inscription: "I'm sorry I bet on baseball - Pete Rose." Thanks to a New Jersey auction house, you, too, can share in Rose's sorrow. Robert Edward Auctions plans to sell 30 of the baseballs for an expected $1,000 a pop.

Oblong
09-19-2006, 01:15 PM
and in typical Pete fashion he claims he didn't expect them to be sold/auctioned.

Of course not, Mr. "I didn't bet on baseball and promise not to do it again".

At least he was called that until he had a book to sell. THen he did bet on baseball. But he was sorry for it.

The Pete Rose issue is one I have very strong feelings about.

Fenway
09-19-2006, 01:17 PM
and in typical Pete fashion he claims he didn't expect them to be sold/auctioned.

Of course not, Mr. "I didn't bet on baseball and promise not to do it again".

At least he was called that until he had a book to sell. THen he did bet on baseball. But he was sorry for it.

The Pete Rose issue is one I have very strong feelings about.

I'll bet he signed more than 30 of those balls...:angry:

StillMissOzzie
09-19-2006, 02:15 PM
I'll bet he signed more than 30 of those balls...:angry:

According to a story I read in today's Sun-Times, these balls are numbered, as in "201 of 303", "202 of 303", "204 of 303", etc., which of course implies that there are at least 303 of them exist. And that doesn't take into account the possibility of unnumbered "confessional" signed baseballs out there, either. :rolleyes:

What a whore...

SMO
:gulp:

Steelrod
09-19-2006, 04:43 PM
The next inscription will be," I swear I didn't sign more that 100 of them."