PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland series

itsnotrequired
09-19-2006, 09:42 AM
I found out today that I need to go out on a business trip next Monday. The location? Cleveland. And lookie here, the Sox are in town that night! I'll be flying solo so checking out the game could be a very realistic possibility.

Anyone else going to be there on Monday?

Scottiehaswheels
09-19-2006, 09:49 AM
I found out today that I need to go out on a business trip next Monday. The location? Cleveland. And lookie here, the Sox are in town that night! I'll be flying solo so checking out the game could be a very realistic possibility.

Anyone else going to be there on Monday?Need a ticket? lol

BanditJimmy
09-19-2006, 10:15 AM

Anyone else going to be there on Monday?

I was there last September to close out the season after we had clinched. I saw the Borchards, Gloads, Andersons, Blums and the rest of AAA Charlotte play that series.

Guess what?

Lucky you. You will get the witness this same thrill!!!!

maurice
09-19-2006, 01:43 PM
I WAS going to go, but the last 4 games talked me out of it.

Stormin' Norm
09-19-2006, 09:20 PM
It's a real shame that the attitudes and demeanor of the people on this forum have taken a turn for the worse. I'm not sure if the people complaining the most are fair weather fans or what, but the sox are the team I chose to support no matter what. Don't get me wrong, I am as disappointed as the next guy about how things have gone this season. But I am not jumping out of the 10th floor of my office building because we "may" only win 90 games. We play in a competative division, and its only going to be tougher next year. But I feel like our guys are will be back with a vengence next year to lay the smack down on the rest of the AL central.

With that being said I will be at Monday and Wednesday's game sitting along the first base side with my sox gear on, supporting the team that brought me alot of excitement in 2005, and hopefully many years to come!

Who knows, perhaps the tigers or twins will stumble through the last twelve games and give us just enough of an opening to get in the playoffs and defend our title!

StepsInSC
09-20-2006, 08:46 AM
I'll be there at least one game, maybe more. I think the lil lady is going to take me for my bday.

kevingrt
09-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Need a ticket? lol

Was that sarcasm saying that Cleveland has about 10,000 people a game nowadays, lol! I love when Cleveland sucks!

Scottiehaswheels
09-20-2006, 09:06 AM
Was that sarcasm saying that Cleveland has about 10,000 people a game nowadays, lol! I love when Cleveland sucks!No totally honest... I have extras for just about all those games I think... scrapped the trip to Cleveland because I'm going to Minny instead

jenn2080
09-20-2006, 09:08 AM
You can get a ticket anywhere in that place. It is a great park though. It is actually one of my favorites.

DumpJerry
09-20-2006, 09:15 AM
It's a real shame that the attitudes and demeanor of the people on this forum have taken a turn for the worse. I'm not sure if the people complaining the most are fair weather fans or what, but the sox are the team I chose to support no matter what. Don't get me wrong, I am as disappointed as the next guy about how things have gone this season. But I am not jumping out of the 10th floor of my office building because we "may" only win 90 games. We play in a competative division, and its only going to be tougher next year. But I feel like our guys are will be back with a vengence next year to lay the smack down on the rest of the AL central.

With that being said I will be at Monday and Wednesday's game sitting along the first base side with my sox gear on, supporting the team that brought me alot of excitement in 2005, and hopefully many years to come!

Who knows, perhaps the tigers or twins will stumble through the last twelve games and give us just enough of an opening to get in the playoffs and defend our title!
Being realistic about your team's chances does not make one a "fair weather" fan. I'm realistic about our chances of the playoffs this year. I am full season ticket holder, Sox fan since I was 9 years old (1971). I was a Sox fan during the delightfully wonderful John Allyn years. I always told people that the big difference between Sox and Cub fans is that we're always realistic while Cub fans always say this is their year while they wallow 19 games out of first place on Labor Day.

maurice
09-20-2006, 11:54 AM
I don't think skipping the Cleveland series makes me any less of a Sox fan. This year alone, I've seen the Sox play in Chicago, Tucson, Detroit, and KC and the Knights (Sox AAA) play in Toledo, Indy, and Columbus.