PDA

View Full Version : It could be worse

ArkanSox
09-19-2006, 09:33 AM
Just take a look at...

the Astros, falling from last year's World Series to .483?

the Braves, an "automatic" playoff team at .487?

the Indians, from "the team to fear" to .470?

the Cubs?

This is the wackiest, most unpredictable baseball season that I've ever seen. Just ask the bettors. It looks like the only repeaters from the last year's playoffs will be the Yanks and Cards...possibly the Padres, but that amazing loss to the Dodgers last night doesn't bode well for them.

The good news?

Anything can happen THIS year...
the White Sox ARE a good team...
and we still have a chance. :o:

jenn2080
09-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Just take a look at...

the Cubs?

This is the wackiest, most unpredictable baseball season that I've ever seen. Just ask the bettors. It looks like the only repeaters from the last year's playoffs will be the Yanks and Cards...possibly the Padres, but that amazing loss to the Dodgers last night doesn't bode well for them.

The good news?

Anything can happen THIS year...
the White Sox ARE a good team...
and we still have a chance. :o:

:rolleyes:

ArkanSox
09-19-2006, 09:40 AM
:gulp:

oeo
09-19-2006, 11:13 AM
:rolleyes:

Nice input.

If you look at the Indians, the "experts" were total idiots for picking them in the AL Central. They downgraded their rotation and their bullpen...that's exactly what drove them to an amazing second half in 2005.

The Cubs...I still remember driving home from school the day of their opener, where they scored something like 16 runs. All the talk was about how the Cubs were amazing, and were headed to the playoffs...just wait until Prior and Wood get back. I was laughing then, and I'm still laughing now. :D:

CHISOXFAN13
09-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Nice input.

If you look at the Indians, the "experts" were total idiots for picking them in the AL Central. They downgraded their rotation and their bullpen...that's exactly what drove them to an amazing second half in 2005.

The Cubs...I still remember driving home from school the day of their opener, where they scored something like 16 runs. All the talk was about how the Cubs were amazing, and were headed to the playoffs...just wait until Prior and Wood get back. I was laughing then, and I'm still laughing now. :D:

It is nice input. I'm sorry, but none of the struggles of other teams, who were supposed to be good, makes me feel better.

oeo
09-19-2006, 11:17 AM
It is nice input. I'm sorry, but none of the struggles of other teams, who were supposed to be good, makes me feel better.

A rolling-eye smiley face?

How about you don't make a post if you don't like it? And if you do, at least type something; that rolling eye smiley is a nice waste of space...

And besides, no one told you it was supposed to make you feel better. The Sox season was disappointing, but you'll still live another day.

itsnotrequired
09-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Sure it could be worse; we could be dead or in jail.

Britt Burns
09-19-2006, 11:27 AM
I am realy torn about this. On one hand, it is obvious the Sox are trying to pull themselves out-perhaps trying too hard-and you can't really ask more than that. Crede, Thome, MacDougal, Jenks, etc. are all playing through minor-to-moderate injuries, Buehrle and Contreras are plowing through even though they are having off years, Vasquez has turned it around some when he could have packed it in.

On the other hand, the only thing that matters is winning, and they aren't doing that.

soxfanatlanta
09-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Sure it could be worse; we could be dead or in jail.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/62/MartyFeldman.jpg/180px-MartyFeldman.jpg "It could be raining."

:tongue:

the Cubs

The 'Stros did little to improve in the off season.
Everybody saw the Braves demise in the spring down here.
The Cubs were killed by injuries, and generally incompotent management.
The Indians pitching staff took a step backwards in the off season.

The Sox burst into '06, roaring like a lion. And now...not so good now.

:whiner:

Let's end the season on a positive note, boys. Show me you still have some fight left!