PDA

View Full Version : hypocrites!


idseer
02-27-2002, 10:21 PM
and i mostly am pointing to the ringleader here ... GEORGE!

aren't you all getting a little tired of using royce as your bitch yet?
it takes the smallest amout of info for you to spill your guts about how much you hate this guy, doesn't it?
this latest 'scandal' for instance. if someone had made these statements about most anyone else i firmly believe you would have trashed the coward who spoke up in the first place and never said a word about the butt of the gossip who only replied to it. no, you've made sure that the object of your irrational hate ends up looking worse here. deny this if you like but it's so damned obvious.
you say royce shouldn't have said anything after KW dealt with it?
did i see any suggestion that, gee, maybe royce's thoughts were garnered BEFORE KW spoke on it? that it was simply printed after the fact? do you know? do you guys know ANYTHING about the situation?

i don't hardly post here at ALL anymore and the reason is 2-fold. first, you use this place as a chat room! one liner quips absolutely FILL the pages of this place ( not to mention the childish pictures and signatures and crap that takes up fully three-forths of most of your posts).

second, your unmerciful (and unwarranted) treatment of one royce clayton. and woe to those who may think he's not as bad as the good old boys in here do.
god forbid there's a guy on the team who doesn't want to be particularly chummy with his teammates. but his biggest crime, i think, has been usurping your idol, jose v. i think that's the real reason most of you hate this guy whether you admit it even to yourselves or not. .... pathetic!

there have been guys on this team who've seriously made asses of themselves, most notably wells. yet i saw relatively very little reaction to this (while he was on the team). oh it was mentioned, for sure. but you dealt with it .... then went on. many of you even wanted him back, cancer and all (hypocrisy). but you just can't let royce go, can you?

this obviously isn't meant for everyone who posts here, mostly just the good old boys.

i am hoping SO BAD that royce has a great year and is a big part of the sox success this year, just to see you fall over yourselves trying to find ways to criticise him anyway .... as i KNOW you will.

OfficerKarkovice
02-27-2002, 10:24 PM
Royce??? Is that you? And if you dont want to post here then dont...it's not going to break my heart.

Daver
02-27-2002, 10:28 PM
I will continue to speak my mind about a clubhouse cancer like Royce if he is batting .400 with 0 errors,because I have no use for a player with no sense of team.(shameless plug)You can check my next column on the homepage for my veiws on Royce.

czalgosz
02-27-2002, 10:37 PM
*laying in the fetal position, sobbing quietly*

When will the madness end? Can't we all just get along?

This is going to end in tears, I just know it.

idseer
02-27-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by daver
I will continue to speak my mind about a clubhouse cancer like Royce if he is batting .400 with 0 errors,because I have no use for a player with no sense of team.(shameless plug)You can check my next column on the homepage for my veiws on Royce.

no one can stop you.

but maybe you need a new definition about what cancer is.
apparently the team does NOT think of royce as a cancer. either that or they are SUCH a dumb organization that you should be embarrassed to be a fan! in fact you should find a team that's more in line with your particular philosophy, don't you think?

as for your column ...... take your worse shot. it only reflects you ... not him.

Spiff
02-27-2002, 10:40 PM
I hope he has a great year too, but so far he has done **** and there is reason to get on him about it. It is aggrivating to continually see him in the lineup.

So um how do you like my sig buddy huh is it childish enough for ya? This is actually not so much different than other boards on the web (and the ones that aren't like this wish they were).

And like Kark said, if you don't like it here you don't have to go "criticizing" like a hypocrite. Just don't post here. Simple as that.

duke of dorwood
02-27-2002, 10:43 PM
:chunks

Is this one of those pictures?

duke of dorwood
02-27-2002, 10:48 PM
This site is about ideas, opinions, and ways to improve the team. No one can deny we had a better record, offensively and wins/losses the year before Clayton arrived. If he is going to play, I hope he has a great year . But I think we have already seen his great year the last few monts of last year.

Daver
02-27-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by idseer


no one can stop you.

but maybe you need a new definition about what cancer is.
apparently the team does NOT think of royce as a cancer. either that or they are SUCH a dumb organization that you should be embarrassed to be a fan! in fact you should find a team that's more in line with your particular philosophy, don't you think?

as for your column ...... take your worse shot. it only reflects you ... not him.

Perhaps you should read this.The team agrees with me, (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/201sd3.htm) even if management does not.

Perhaps you should do your homework a little better before spouting of about hypocrisy.

FarWestChicago
02-27-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by idseer
no, you've made sure that the object of your irrational hate ends up looking worse here. deny this if you like but it's so damned obvious.Of course, your irrational hatred of Manos is OK. Anyway, I have one suggestion for you: decaf!! You're definitely wound a little too tight.

WinningUgly!
02-27-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by idseer
and i mostly am pointing to the ringleader here ... GEORGE!

aren't you all getting a little tired of using royce as your bitch yet?
it takes the smallest amout of info for you to spill your guts about how much you hate this guy, doesn't it?
this latest 'scandal' for instance. if someone had made these statements about most anyone else i firmly believe you would have trashed the coward who spoke up in the first place and never said a word about the butt of the gossip who only replied to it. no, you've made sure that the object of your irrational hate ends up looking worse here. deny this if you like but it's so damned obvious.
you say royce shouldn't have said anything after KW dealt with it?
did i see any suggestion that, gee, maybe royce's thoughts were garnered BEFORE KW spoke on it? that it was simply printed after the fact? do you know? do you guys know ANYTHING about the situation?

i don't hardly post here at ALL anymore and the reason is 2-fold. first, you use this place as a chat room! one liner quips absolutely FILL the pages of this place ( not to mention the childish pictures and signatures and crap that takes up fully three-forths of most of your posts).

second, your unmerciful (and unwarranted) treatment of one royce clayton. and woe to those who may think he's not as bad as the good old boys in here do.
god forbid there's a guy on the team who doesn't want to be particularly chummy with his teammates. but his biggest crime, i think, has been usurping your idol, jose v. i think that's the real reason most of you hate this guy whether you admit it even to yourselves or not. .... pathetic!

there have been guys on this team who've seriously made asses of themselves, most notably wells. yet i saw relatively very little reaction to this (while he was on the team). oh it was mentioned, for sure. but you dealt with it .... then went on. many of you even wanted him back, cancer and all (hypocrisy). but you just can't let royce go, can you?

this obviously isn't meant for everyone who posts here, mostly just the good old boys.

i am hoping SO BAD that royce has a great year and is a big part of the sox success this year, just to see you fall over yourselves trying to find ways to criticise him anyway .... as i KNOW you will.

I have no problem with Royce as our everyday SS, if he plays like he did in the 2nd half of last season. I do, however think he did a lot to kill us last year, being an automatic out until we were buried in the standings behind the Tribe & Twinkies. Why should anybody here (or his teammates) rally around & support a guy for putting up garbage time numbers? As far as the one liner posts & childish crap that fill these pages as you say...it's a long offseason & how much White Sox news has there been to post about before the Singleton trade & Lofton signing? If you want long, meaningless, signature free posts...check out the troll boards! I'm sure they have a number of ways that we can pick up Randy Johnson & Alex Rodrigez with out giving up too much. :D: Here's a pic for your sig...

RedPinStripes
02-27-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by idseer
and i mostly am pointing to the ringleader here ... GEORGE!

aren't you all getting a little tired of using royce as your bitch yet?
it takes the smallest amout of info for you to spill your guts about how much you hate this guy, doesn't it?
this latest 'scandal' for instance. if someone had made these statements about most anyone else i firmly believe you would have trashed the coward who spoke up in the first place and never said a word about the butt of the gossip who only replied to it. no, you've made sure that the object of your irrational hate ends up looking worse here. deny this if you like but it's so damned obvious.
you say royce shouldn't have said anything after KW dealt with it?
did i see any suggestion that, gee, maybe royce's thoughts were garnered BEFORE KW spoke on it? that it was simply printed after the fact? do you know? do you guys know ANYTHING about the situation?

i don't hardly post here at ALL anymore and the reason is 2-fold. first, you use this place as a chat room! one liner quips absolutely FILL the pages of this place ( not to mention the childish pictures and signatures and crap that takes up fully three-forths of most of your posts).

second, your unmerciful (and unwarranted) treatment of one royce clayton. and woe to those who may think he's not as bad as the good old boys in here do.
god forbid there's a guy on the team who doesn't want to be particularly chummy with his teammates. but his biggest crime, i think, has been usurping your idol, jose v. i think that's the real reason most of you hate this guy whether you admit it even to yourselves or not. .... pathetic!

there have been guys on this team who've seriously made asses of themselves, most notably wells. yet i saw relatively very little reaction to this (while he was on the team). oh it was mentioned, for sure. but you dealt with it .... then went on. many of you even wanted him back, cancer and all (hypocrisy). but you just can't let royce go, can you?

this obviously isn't meant for everyone who posts here, mostly just the good old boys.

i am hoping SO BAD that royce has a great year and is a big part of the sox success this year, just to see you fall over yourselves trying to find ways to criticise him anyway .... as i KNOW you will.

doublem23
02-27-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Of course, your irrational hatred of Manos is OK. Anyway, I have one suggestion for you: decaf!! You're definitely wound a little too tight.

Actually, FWC, I got $5 that says he just switched today. :smile:

Whoops, that may be interpretted as an Anti-Choice comment...

bc2k
02-27-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by idseer
and i mostly am pointing to the ringleader here ... GEORGE!

aren't you all getting a little tired of using royce as your bitch yet?
it takes the smallest amout of info for you to spill your guts about how much you hate this guy, doesn't it?
this latest 'scandal' for instance. if someone had made these statements about most anyone else i firmly believe you would have trashed the coward who spoke up in the first place and never said a word about the butt of the gossip who only replied to it. no, you've made sure that the object of your irrational hate ends up looking worse here. deny this if you like but it's so damned obvious.
you say royce shouldn't have said anything after KW dealt with it?
did i see any suggestion that, gee, maybe royce's thoughts were garnered BEFORE KW spoke on it? that it was simply printed after the fact? do you know? do you guys know ANYTHING about the situation?

i don't hardly post here at ALL anymore and the reason is 2-fold. first, you use this place as a chat room! one liner quips absolutely FILL the pages of this place ( not to mention the childish pictures and signatures and crap that takes up fully three-forths of most of your posts).

second, your unmerciful (and unwarranted) treatment of one royce clayton. and woe to those who may think he's not as bad as the good old boys in here do.
god forbid there's a guy on the team who doesn't want to be particularly chummy with his teammates. but his biggest crime, i think, has been usurping your idol, jose v. i think that's the real reason most of you hate this guy whether you admit it even to yourselves or not. .... pathetic!

there have been guys on this team who've seriously made asses of themselves, most notably wells. yet i saw relatively very little reaction to this (while he was on the team). oh it was mentioned, for sure. but you dealt with it .... then went on. many of you even wanted him back, cancer and all (hypocrisy). but you just can't let royce go, can you?

this obviously isn't meant for everyone who posts here, mostly just the good old boys.

i am hoping SO BAD that royce has a great year and is a big part of the sox success this year, just to see you fall over yourselves trying to find ways to criticise him anyway .... as i KNOW you will.

Damn! I'm glad you got it all off your chest brother. You are dead on (with me at least) that my dislike of Clayton is greater becasue he unseated my man Valentin. Believe it or not, I would rather have Clayton in 2002 over Durham. Clayton had one heck of a second half and gives solid defense all year. Ray puzzles me with the dumb errors, weak base stealing skills, horrendous bunting, and swinging a bat that is too long and heavy for him. I would rather see Clayton at 2b and Valentin at SS with Crede at 3b.

I praised Wells but dont think I'm a hypocrite. Clayton was always healthy, Wells was not. I loved Wells' attitude, old-time baseball thinking, and selfless manner. As I have said before, Wells volunteered to eat innings and spoil his e.r.a. to rest the bullpen and save them for a day when the team needed the bullpen.

As someone posted in another thread, at least Wells had the cajones to call out Thomas to his face, not anonomesly. To sum up my response, I dislike Clayton for his "me first" attitude.

Some of the one-liners are a waste of space, but you have to admit the signatures are cool as hell. Thanks JM and WHITESOX00.

RedPinStripes
02-27-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by bc2k


Damn! I'm glad you got it all off your chest brother. You are dead on (with me at least) that my dislike of Clayton is greater becasue he unseated my man Valentin. Believe it or not, I would rather have Clayton in 2002 over Durham. Clayton had one heck of a second half and gives solid defense all year. Ray puzzles me with the dumb errors, weak base stealing skills, horrendous bunting, and swinging a bat that is too long and heavy for him. I would rather see Clayton at 2b and Valentin at SS with Crede at 3b.

I praised Wells but dont think I'm a hypocrite. Clayton was always healthy, Wells was not. I loved Wells' attitude, old-time baseball thinking, and selfless manner. As I have said before, Wells volunteered to eat innings and spoil his e.r.a. to rest the bullpen and save them for a day when the team needed the bullpen.

As someone posted in another thread, at least Wells had the cajones to call out Thomas to his face, not anonomesly. To sum up my response, I dislike Clayton for his "me first" attitude.

Some of the one-liners are a waste of space, but you have to admit the signatures are cool as hell. Thanks JM and WHITESOX00.

Guess he's just bleeding this week. He'll fit in well in other
places.


:knue
"I'm waiting"

Daver
02-27-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by bc2k


Damn! I'm glad you got it all off your chest brother. You are dead on (with me at least) that my dislike of Clayton is greater becasue he unseated my man Valentin. Believe it or not, I would rather have Clayton in 2002 over Durham. Clayton had one heck of a second half and gives solid defense all year. Ray puzzles me with the dumb errors, weak base stealing skills, horrendous bunting, and swinging a bat that is too long and heavy for him. I would rather see Clayton at 2b and Valentin at SS with Crede at 3b.

I praised Wells but dont think I'm a hypocrite. Clayton was always healthy, Wells was not. I loved Wells' attitude, old-time baseball thinking, and selfless manner. As I have said before, Wells volunteered to eat innings and spoil his e.r.a. to rest the bullpen and save them for a day when the team needed the bullpen.

As someone posted in another thread, at least Wells had the cajones to call out Thomas to his face, not anonomesly. To sum up my response, I dislike Clayton for his "me first" attitude.

Some of the one-liners are a waste of space, but you have to admit the signatures are cool as hell. Thanks JM and WHITESOX00.

Wow,a post that I don't disagree with in every way,history is made!

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 12:16 AM
Do I sense a friendship forming here?

Bucktown
02-28-2002, 01:41 AM
In general I would like to see things stay upbeat, at least until opening day. We can crucify players/management later, for now we have the best record in baseball. Maybe it will stay that way.

CLR01
02-28-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by idseer
aren't you all getting a little tired of using royce as your bitch yet?


If the shoe fits.......




The Sox endured some bad stretches from key players, one of which was shortstop Royce Clayton. After batting .111 through May 29 and ending up on the bench, Clayton hit .311 the rest of the way.

Clayton is hoping for a better start with a new look. He sported braids under his cap for the pictures, hoping that look will be in fashion during the postseason.

"My wife likes it, so I'm not going to cut it, and I'll be on a hitting streak with it," Clayton said, smiling.

CLR01
02-28-2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by CLR01



If the shoe fits.......







Damn sorry about the one liner.

RichH55
02-28-2002, 02:20 AM
Well this did make me feel better about my choice of U of I over PSU....so thanks for brighting my day:)

pearso66
02-28-2002, 09:14 AM
royce better be on a hitting streak with that new hair cut, or else he's gonna look stupid saying it.

although for him, a hitting streak is batting .125

idseer
02-28-2002, 09:25 AM
DAVER ..
yes, i read that column. doesn't change a single thing i said. it only tells me i'm right on the money ..... that you read into some things whatever you want. if it's about a guy you hate .. it's gospel. if it's about a guy you like, you rip it to shreds.
you just go write your little article, dave.
you know ... you remind me of the movie HOOSIERS! ever see that? if you did, remember the part where the team was formally introduced to the crowd of students and parents? only problem was, billy (i think that was his name) was not on the team. so they insulted the rest of the guys by chanting 'billy, billy, billy'.
till the coach stepped up and said something to the effect .. 'this is your team! these are the guys who represent you. THESE are the guys you're supposed to support.'
you're like someone in that crowd, dave. instead of chanting tho, you write a column. now to me it's certainly ok to voice your opinion like everyone else here, but you take it a step further. it's your mission to help cause more problems by basically publishing your hatred on a sox website that may in fact be seen by players on the team. and with no more facts than hearsay!
you must be very proud of yourself, dave.

FWC,
yeah ... don't deal with the subject matter. accuse the accused! very old trick. the only problem is, i don't and never did hate jose.
cheap shot!

bc2k,
you say royce was healthy and wells was not.
just what does that have to do with anything? if you're unhealthy it's ok to slam your teammates?
ps. i don't think wells ever said anything to thomas's face. i'm not sure he even apologized when he discovered what an ass he'd been.
all you did here was rationalize these events.
and yeah, sigs are so cool. about as cool as bumperstickers.

clr1,
"if the shoe fits......."
meaningless! how long did this thought take you anyway?


none of you dealt with much of anything i said. maybe this is a good thing. maybe you'll redirect your frustration in the future in a way that isn't hateful just for the sake of being hateful.
i hope so.

pearso66
02-28-2002, 09:41 AM
i haev to say somthing about wells and clayton. while wells may have slammed thomas, and believe me, that pissed me off as much as the next guy. but the reason i still want wells on the team over clayton is that wells has proven to me in the past that he is a great pitcher, or at least once was. i have never seen anything to prove to me that royce has ever been a good/great player. he is an average shortstop. and you dont pay $4 mil to an average shortstop, nor do you let him get in the way of a "huge prospect" such as crede. you'd let valentin play short, since he has more range, and has a better bat, and either sit royce, or get him out of chicago, at least out of the south side

PaleHoseGeorge
02-28-2002, 09:45 AM
Welcome back, id. I was afraid you had fallen into a funk after Penn State's football season.

:)

I'm actually on the record hoping Royce and the rest of the team win the division and a few games after that. Presumably our #8 hitter and everyday shortstop has a role to play in their success. I hope he knocks the cover off the ball. Certainly you can vouch for his defensive prowess.

:smile:

Hopefully nobody will wrap their fingers around anyone else's throat. There appears to be a clubhouse schism this spring, but no worries. Kenny took care of it with his speech to the team. Oops, wait a minute...

:smile:

If you hadn't been hanging out with the trolls, you would already know all of this. I'm glad you're back.

bjmarte
02-28-2002, 10:18 AM
I was just getting ready to jump all over you, idseer, before PHG made his post. I'll take a cue from him and restrain myself and welcome you back. I would like to try to convince you that you are wrong about this board and the people who post here though.

First, I will freely admit that my biggest gripe about Clayton is that he is diplacing Valentin from the SS position that I think he is best suited for. There are alot of people on this board who dislike clayton as well and we have alot of fun making jokes at his expense. Most of the people on this board enjoy having fun. I come here for the White Sox information and I stay for the fun conversation. The sigs and the one liners allow people to express their personality and keep this board from becoming a dry stats page.

In my experience however the people on this board are far from having a single opinion on any issue, let alone Choice vs Manos. For the most part everyone's opinion is tolerated and dealt with in an adult manner. Certainly there are arguments, but IMO that is a more adult way of handling things than simply dismissing a persons opinion or going on a long diatribe about how offended you are that they hold that opinion. The number of arguments on this subject also proves that there are people who hold strong opinions on both sides of the issue.

I think if you calm down enough to look at things rationally you will see that the people here to try to be rational and deal with things with both humor and intelligence. We all have different opinions and will probably never all agree on any given issue. It is entirely possible that you will never get used to or like the joking that goes on here or the use of frivilous things like pictures and sigs. I can certainly respect that opinion but I would suggest to you that the mature thing to do would be to stop coming here rather than flaming the users of this board for doing so in a manner they enjoy.

pearso66
02-28-2002, 10:22 AM
bjmarte, i couldnt agree with you more. you took the words right out of my mouth, without me having to think of them first

Dadawg_77
02-28-2002, 10:47 AM
IsDeer, if you don't like sigs, you can turn them off. There is an option in your user profile which allows you to not view them. It should improve page load time.

Wells a cancer maybe. But Royce has a history, look at St Louis, Texas for examples of his past. Wells did make a stupid off the cuff remark last year. Last I heard about it was him and Frank plus a few other talked about it behind closed doors.

The biggest difference between Wells and Clayton is Wells didn't take a starting spot from a better player, Clayton did. That plus a .099 is the reason I would trade him for a bag off batting practice balls.

Iwritecode
02-28-2002, 11:05 AM
Calling the Webmaster a hypocrite? Geez, good thing this isn't a Cubs message board. You would have been instantly banned. (FWC knows what I am talking about.)

As far as our dislike of Royce, it's not like it's unfounded. Numerous reports and stats have supported our argument time and time again why Jose should be our starting SS and why Royce was never need on this team in the first place. It's not everyday an unneeded player can come in and displace two other players while putting up horrid numbers. As for David Wells he was bashed numerous times here also. But, as was stated previously in this thread, he does have the capability to be a great pitcher. He was willing to do what it took to win and helped show the young guys how to do that also. As far as the pics and signatures go, it helps give this board a little life and personality rather than a screen filled with only text. Often times pictures can describe our feelings better than words. As they say, "a picture is worth 1000 words". It's quite easy to scroll right past them and/or ignore them. That's only part of what makes this board so great. We don't have sift through days worth of arguments over whether or not God really exists... Royce supporters are few and far between but you really seem to be one of the more vocal ones. After reading PHG's post it's obvious that your opinion is welcome here but bashing everyone because of their dislike of one player is not going to change anyone's mind. If some of the players read this stuff, so what? They are professionals and are going to be subject to criticism their entire careers. It's not like we write anything worse than any journalist can come up with. Maybe if he reads it, it will light a fire under him to play that much harder and prove everyone wrong. If Royce goes out and put up outstanding numbers and helps lead the team to a championship, I will gladly eat crow, as I am sure most everyone else here would be also.

ma-gaga
02-28-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by idseer
and i mostly am pointing to the ringleader here ... GEORGE!
...royce as your bitch...
...you use this place as a chat room!...
...second, your unmerciful (and unwarranted) treatment of one royce clayton...

Rules for inciting brawls:
Start a topic with the word "hypocrites" or "idiots" or "smack".
Bash someone.
Make some flippant comment about why you don't use this board anymore.
Promote the Choice.

If you want insipid game recaps, boring statistical data, or "gee whiz" accounts of the team and its players, look elsewhere. You will have no problem finding what you are looking for.

Here is where Sox Fans speak their minds about their team and their passion. The people who write for White Sox Interactive are Sox Fans same as you. We proudly admit to being "Totally Biased, Utterly Petty, Completely Unobjective." If you bleed silver and black, you've come to the right place.

One liners rule. :)

FarWestChicago
02-28-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by idseer
FWC,
yeah ... don't deal with the subject matter. accuse the accused! very old trick. the only problem is, i don't and never did hate jose.
cheap shot!You are a bit technologically challenged. I can see who votes for what on polls. You lie like a rug. You definitley hate Manos. At least be honest enough to admit it. I am perfectly up front about Buddy. I don't like him. He's a clubhouse cancer. He has no range. He has a noodle for an arm and can't turn double plays. He had a career half season once we were out of the playoff chase and some people pretend he's the second coming of Pay-Rod now. I just don't agree.

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Calling the Webmaster a hypocrite? Geez, good thing this isn't a Cubs message board. You would have been instantly banned. (FWC knows what I am talking about.)



So do I . I've been there. lol

idseer
02-28-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by pearso66
i haev to say somthing about wells and clayton. while wells may have slammed thomas, and believe me, that pissed me off as much as the next guy. but the reason i still want wells on the team over clayton is that wells has proven to me in the past that he is a great pitcher, or at least once was. i have never seen anything to prove to me that royce has ever been a good/great player. he is an average shortstop. and you dont pay $4 mil to an average shortstop, nor do you let him get in the way of a "huge prospect" such as crede. you'd let valentin play short, since he has more range, and has a better bat, and either sit royce, or get him out of chicago, at least out of the south side

i think you still miss the point of my post. this has nothing to do with talent. it has to do with hateful criticism, unless you hate players simply because they have little talent.
the fact is if a player takes another player's spot, it's because management chooses to do so. so if you're going to slam someone ...... at least hit the right people!

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by idseer

none of you dealt with much of anything i said. maybe this is a good thing. maybe you'll redirect your frustration in the future in a way that isn't hateful just for the sake of being hateful.
i hope so.

That's because you were being a jagoff from the start. We have to rip you first and get you even more pissed off. It's compamy policy.

THE_HOOTER
02-28-2002, 12:42 PM
Royce came aboard taking a very popular and successful player's spot. He really struggled in the beginning when he season was ultimately lost.

I believe Wells had just as negative an impact on the team with his mouth, bad back, and training habits. Let's faceit- Wells came to Chicago to collect a paycheck and have some fun.

He was overweight, out of shape, and never showed any of the effort he is currently displaying with New York. His heart was with the Yankees the whole time.

as for the signatures and one liners... well you can't have everything your way. Some of the sigs and pictures are annoying, but I like most of the dudes and duddetes on this board and am willing to ignore the pics.

I think this is a great place for Sox fans all over the Country to get together and talk Sox baseball. Everybody on this site shows respect, and you don't find that many places.

Sometimes George can get on his soapbox, but thats okay.

Just kidding PHG.. :D:

idseer
02-28-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Welcome back, id. I was afraid you had fallen into a funk after Penn State's football season.

:)

I'm actually on the record hoping Royce and the rest of the team win the division and a few games after that. Presumably our #8 hitter and everyday shortstop has a role to play in their success. I hope he knocks the cover off the ball. Certainly you can vouch for his defensive prowess.

:smile:

Hopefully nobody will wrap their fingers around anyone else's throat. There appears to be a clubhouse schism this spring, but no worries. Kenny took care of it with his speech to the team. Oops, wait a minute...

:smile:

If you hadn't been hanging out with the trolls, you would already know all of this. I'm glad you're back.


actually, i fell into a funk because of notre dame's season ... not penn state's.
remember .... i was raised a northwest indiana boy.

yes i know you hope for the best for the team and that has to include royce. my problem is all the opportunities taken to put him down every chance you get. i guess i just expect that at some point you'd let it go.

i don't know if you know it or not but many posters here take their cue from you, and maybe rightly so as you're very knowledgable and probably a lovable guy in your way. i see you and FWC as the mommy & daddy of this site. and you deserve a lot of credit for what you've put together here.
i just don't see why you can't be a little more responsible in this area. you make your position on clayton perfectly clear .... that's fine. but to take every shot you can every time he's brought up just exacerbates the situation.
i'm NOT a big royce fan, believe it or not. i thought it was dumb to get him. but after a short time in here and the espn board i felt compelled to defend the guy who hasn't done anything to anyone. he may not be as sociable as other players but that's no crime the last i checked. he's done only what was expected of him and i see no need for the constant browbeating he takes.

and i like hanging with the trolls. at least they're easy to pick out over there and ignore. and there's some good guys over there who know the game pretty well too.

anyway, i appreciate your civil answer and the welcome back.

moochpuppy
02-28-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by idseer



i see you and FWC as the mommy & daddy of this site.

Talk about disfunctional!

Who wears the pants in THIS family?

Iwritecode
02-28-2002, 01:15 PM
I know this was directed to PHG but I felt like responding anyways...

Originally posted by idseer
yes i know you hope for the best for the team and that has to include royce. my problem is all the opportunities taken to put him down every chance you get. i guess i just expect that at some point you'd let it go.

I guess most Sox fans have long memories and first-impressions stick a long time. The first impression most of us got from Royce was him taking away the position of a well-liked player and not putting up the same kind of numbers. That .099 batting average really sticks out. Then when he was put on the bench he actaully had the nerve to complain about it. Like I said, first impressions are the ones that stick the most. Yes, he did have a better second-half but most of us are still remembering that painful first half and what could have been.

Originally posted by idseer
i don't know if you know it or not but many posters hear take their cue from you, and maybe rightly so as you're very knowledgable and probably a lovable guy in your way. i see you and FWC as the mommy & daddy of this site. and you deserve a lot of credit for what you've put together here.

We try to give them credit as much as we can. I'm just curious though, who is the mommy? FWC or PHG? :?:

:D:

Originally posted by idseer
[B]and i like hanging with the trolls. at least they're easy to pick out over there and ignore. and there's some good guys over there who know the game pretty well too.


Yea, there are some good guys over there, I think you just like to pick on the trolls though...

:smile:

longshot7
02-28-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by idseer

i see you and FWC as the mommy & daddy of this site.

so which one is which?

idseer
02-28-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
You are a bit technologically challenged. I can see who votes for what on polls. You lie like a rug. You definitley hate Manos. At least be honest enough to admit it. I am perfectly up front about Buddy. I don't like him. He's a clubhouse cancer. He has no range. He has a noodle for an arm and can't turn double plays. He had a career half season once we were out of the playoff chase and some people pretend he's the second coming of Pay-Rod now. I just don't agree.

you are wrong fwc. i do not hate jose. at the same time i DO feel he is superfluous on this team. all he is good for imo is pinchhitting. i've always said this and i stick to it. i think he's more valuable to us as a trade item as things stand. i should think you would know the difference between 'hate' and my feelings about jose.

i also have no misconceptions about royce. never did. he's an average hitter, a little power, a sure-handed fielder. don't talk to me about range as i've been over that many times. my position has always been that jose probably does have a little more range but lifetime stats tell me royce gets as many chances as jose does. so whether royce positions himself better or what ... i don't know. i also defer to the obvious white sox position that ROYCE is our best man at short!

idseer
02-28-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


That's because you were being a jagoff from the start. We have to rip you first and get you even more pissed off. It's compamy policy.

first, i don't think i was a 'jagoff'
second, it says more about you that the way to deal with me is to piss me off.
third, you can't piss me off.

FarWestChicago
02-28-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by idseer
i think he's more valuable to us as a trade item as things stand.Well, Manos is certainly more valuable as a trade item than your guy Buddy. KW has been trying to unload Buddy for almost a year and can't even get anybody to fake interest. Of course, Sox management obviously feels Manos is too valuable to trade because they haven't shopped him like Choice. :smile:

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by idseer


first, i don't think i was a 'jagoff'
second, it says more about you that the way to deal with me is to piss me off.
third, you can't piss me off.

Well, I'll work on it then. I always love a challenge.

Iwritecode
02-28-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by idseer
third, you can't piss me off.

I'd rather be pissed off than pissed on...

:)

:pee

voodoochile
02-28-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode


I'd rather be pissed off than pissed on...

:)

:pee

Where's the shamMEMEME tag at the end of it ..

Or to stay topical, maybe royce...


You know...

:pee:hitless

Just joshin'

idseer
02-28-2002, 02:13 PM
thanks dadawg! i didn't realize i could edit the pics and sigs out.
obviously i haven't fully explored this site enough.
it seems to work fine with the exception of the little dude pissing all over royce. ah well ..... can't have it all.

Dadawg_77
02-28-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by idseer
thanks dadawg! i didn't realize i could edit the pics and sigs out.
obviously i haven't fully explored this site enough.
it seems to work fine with the exception of the little dude pissing all over royce. ah well ..... can't have it all.

Just hear to spread the helping hand around.

voodoochile
02-28-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by idseer
thanks dadawg! i didn't realize i could edit the pics and sigs out.
obviously i haven't fully explored this site enough.
it seems to work fine with the exception of the little dude pissing all over royce. ah well ..... can't have it all.

Did it piss you off?

Just kidding. I don't think there is a way to edit out tags in posts. Heck, I didn't know you could edit out signatures...

moochpuppy
02-28-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77


Just hear to spread the helping hand around.

Let's just keep that "helping" hand to yourself there Ddawg. :o:

RedPinStripes
02-28-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile


Where's the shamMEMEME tag at the end of it ..

Or to stay topical, maybe royce...


You know...

:pee:hitless

Just joshin'

LOL!

LongDistanceFan
02-28-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile


Where's the shamMEMEME tag at the end of it ..

Or to stay topical, maybe royce...


You know...

:pee:hitless

Just joshin' oh man is that funny

PaleHoseGeorge
02-28-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
We try to give them credit as much as we can. I'm just curious though, who is the mommy? FWC or PHG? :?:

Well, I'm not sure who is the mommy and who is the daddy, but I would say I'm definitely more the disciplinarian. Just ask Kilroy.

:)

RichH55
02-28-2002, 07:24 PM
:pee :hitless


Makes my day everytime....still one of the best combos out there....unlike Royce on the DP