PDA

View Full Version : One last salute to the 2005 WORLD CHAMPION White Sox.

Thome25
09-18-2006, 08:52 PM
With the season officially hanging by a thread, and their reign as champions likely to come to an end, I'd like to formally salute the 2005 World Champion White Sox once and for all.

I'd also like to salute KW and Jerry Reinsdorf for putting together the 2005 team and trying so hard to spend the money and acquiring the players to put together a contender in 2006.

THANK YOU WHITE SOX!!! AND THANK YOU JR AND KW!!!

and NO this thread is in NO WAY meant to be sarcastic. I am completely serious in this salute!!:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-18-2006, 09:44 PM
I might agree with this post after October 1.

Until then, I will continue to be pissed as to how this season got completely fumbled by the team that COULD have repeated.

MadetoOrta
09-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Thanks.

Now, KW bring on some hungry players and a tinker-proof line-up and we should be OK.

esbrechtel
09-18-2006, 10:05 PM
:whiner: those were the days....

slobes
09-18-2006, 10:09 PM
It may be time to bust out the '05 World Series DVDs soon.

kevingrt
09-18-2006, 10:13 PM
Brings a tear to my eye when I think of a year ago. Hopefully 2007 will bring similiar emotions to '05, because this season sucked.

soxfan26
09-18-2006, 10:14 PM
What a day yesterday was...

chisoxmike
09-19-2006, 12:25 AM
:gulp:

"When the lights go down in the city...."

DeadMoney
09-19-2006, 12:30 AM

Tried that (the 2005 World Series film one though, not a game), but I couldn't get through 5 minutes of it. Especially after seeing Big Frank (not implying anything, it just hurts), and also hearing KW say something like, "we have 25 guys who go out there and play their hardest day in and day out." This season HURTS. That's all.

But I'll throw out a salute to the champs. The White Sox of '05 (those 30 or so guys) will forever have a place with me.

BV2005
09-19-2006, 12:38 AM
Yea 2005 was such a fun year. I'm still not loosing complete hope but this year has been a bit of a dissapointment. I really expected this team to win 115 games. KW and Jerry did what they thought they had to do, but i wish they would have kept last years team together for the most part. But Im happy with the 2005 World Championship, although a repeat would be better.

aryzner
09-19-2006, 12:59 AM
The thing about the 2005 season is that even if the White Sox were to win it all again sometime in these next few years, or even many years from now, it will never feel the same as it did in 2005. I am 22 years old, and I know there are many on here who are older than I am, but none of us had ever seen the Sox win a World Series before. October 26 of last year was probably the happiest day of my life. I've loved the White Sox since I was born, and to see them win like that for the first time in my life was one of the most amazing things I've ever had the privelage of watching.

Don't get me wrong... YES, it would be wonderful to see them win again and I would be so happy, but that first time I saw them win was so awesome I don't even have words to describe it. I get excited still when I watch the video where they just won the pennant, let alone the World Series. The best part is the commentary for that (on the WS DVD and the Sox Pride DVD)...

"Here's a swing and a ground ball to first! KONERKO HAS IT! HE STEPS ON THE BAG! THE WHITE SOX HAVE WON THE PENNANT! THEY'VE WON THE PENNANT! A WHITE SOX WINNER, AND THEY'RE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES! THEY'RE MOBBING KONERKO ON THE FIRST BASE SIDE OF THE INFIELD! The White Sox have won 4 in a row and they'll start the World Series at home on the South Side next weekend! Celebrate, White Sox fans! Celebrate!"

Law11
09-19-2006, 08:05 AM
Here! Here!!

Maybe next year they'll put a chip back on their shoulder and get back to postseason...

jenn2080
09-19-2006, 08:42 AM
:gulp:

itsnotrequired
09-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Why are we having a "last salute" for the 2005 team? I salute that team every time I think about them and will continue to do so. This has nothing to do with 2006.

Hokiesox
09-19-2006, 08:48 AM
Here! Here!!

Maybe next year they'll put a chip back on their shoulder and get back to postseason...

The chip never left my shoulder, and probably none of yours either. I won't say they better do anything, I'll love the Sox regardless, but we'd sure like something to make the 2007 sox show more effort. This season hurts a lot. But I'll always :gulp: to the 2005 sox!

Thome25
09-19-2006, 08:52 AM
Why are we having a "last salute" for the 2005 team? I salute that team every time I think about them and will continue to do so. This has nothing to do with 2006.

You're right you should ALWAYS salute the 2005 team. But, this is one last salute because their reign as champions is probably coming to an end this October.

So we're saluting the 2005 team's reign as WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!

Hitmen77
09-19-2006, 12:34 PM
With the season officially hanging by a thread, and their reign as champions likely to come to an end, I'd like to formally salute the 2005 World Champion White Sox once and for all.

I'd also like to salute KW and Jerry Reinsdorf for putting together the 2005 team and trying so hard to spend the money and acquiring the players to put together a contender in 2006.

THANK YOU WHITE SOX!!! AND THANK YOU JR AND KW!!!

and NO this thread is in NO WAY meant to be sarcastic. I am completely serious in this salute!!:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Great post.

The world champs last year brought back pride and respect to the White Sox and its long suffering fans. One disappointing season in which they will only manage 90 wins isn't going to change that.

Thanks for the '05 memories. Let's go get 'em in '07. Thanks to all the '05 team accomplished, the Sox now have the resources to remain competitive for many more seasons to come. :gulp:

White Sox 11
09-19-2006, 04:33 PM
I will never forget that night. :cower: :)

Chicken Dinner
09-19-2006, 04:43 PM
They will always be the "2005 World Series Champions", they are pretty much no longer the "Defending World Series Champions".

GoSox2K3
09-19-2006, 10:46 PM
For years, I have heard many, many Sox fans say "I became a fan in '67" , "I starting rooting for the Sox in '77", "I've been a fan since the '83 team", etc.......

....the 2005 world champs will leave a legacy for years to come. Years from now the Cell will be filled with 20 and 30-something Sox fans who will say "I became a Sox fan as a kid because of the 2005 world champs". Maybe they'll even add "...that was the first of many championships for the Sox".

cheezheadsoxfan
09-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Good point. I've got a 16 year old who I know will be a Sox fan for life thanks to '05. Makes a parent proud.:smile:

Kub_Killer_15
09-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Last season was magical. I remember watching games with my grandpa, he was a great Sox fan and always took me to games. But then on September 26th he passed away and it felt so empty when the sox won and he wasn't watching it by my side. Last year seems so looooong ago for some reason. 2005 White Sox thank you for all the great memories.

Chips
09-20-2006, 01:27 AM

Miller, Good Call.

This season isn't over yet.

Frontman
09-20-2006, 06:49 AM
Well, I'm still onboard. I will be when they win, I will be when they loose. I'm going Sunday as a birthday present (from my sister) for fan appreciation day. I think all fans should show appreciation to the team for 2005.

While this season might still turn out to be a disappointment, here we are with two weeks left, we're still fighting to be a part of post season baseball. While I'd love to be in the Mets position, at least we are not in KC, the Flubs, or the Pirates position.

Front

October26
09-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Thank you, White sox, JR, Kenny Ozzie and the boys for such a magical season in 2005. October 26 - the happiest day of my life! I'll never forget the feeling of FINALLY seeing my team, the team of my youth, my beloved White Sox become World Champions. This season has been a disappointment, but the way I felt on October 26 will stay with me forever!
:bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

miker
09-20-2006, 04:14 PM
I take mine out everytime the bullpen starts warming up...

Frontman
09-20-2006, 09:46 PM
I take mine out everytime the bullpen starts warming up...

Ouch....truthful, but ouch.

Front