PDA

View Full Version : This season is salvageable - Sweep Detroit!!!

nysox35
09-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Like many of you, I've been very negative lately.
However, while some of you have said we are done for weeks now, I think the season really comes down to this series. If we can sweep the Tigers, as we have done before, we are right back in this thing.
The sad reality is that 2 out of 3 may not be enough.

The good news is that our starting pitching is bouncing back. While it is getting close, it's still not too late for us. Who's with me? Let's sweep the Tigers right out of Chicago!

Go Sox!

DannyCaterFan
09-18-2006, 05:43 PM
I agree with the part of your thinking that a sweep of the Tigers gives us a good shot. If we are going to catch anyone, I think it has to be the Tigers. That being said, Do the White Sox have what it takes to sweep them right now. I hardly think so. Nothing in the way they have played since the end of June suggests otherwise. This is a different team the second half.

cheeses_h_rice
09-18-2006, 05:55 PM
The Sox's options are after this series:

Sweep the Tigers - just 2 back (:bandance:) with 10 games left

Win 2 of 3 - 4 back (:?:)

Win 1 of 3 - 6 back (:(:)

Get swept - 8 back (:angry:)

Anyone who's watched this team knows that only option #1 is a viable scenario for them to make the playoffs, barring an unbelievable Tiggers choke.

0o0o0
09-18-2006, 05:58 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1352923#post1352923

Myrtle72
09-18-2006, 06:07 PM
The Sox's options are after this series:

Sweep the Tigers - just 2 back (:bandance:) with 10 games left

Win 2 of 3 - 4 back (:?:)

Win 1 of 3 - 6 back (:(:)

Get swept - 8 back (:angry:)

Anyone who's watched this team knows that only option #1 is a viable scenario for them to make the playoffs, barring an unbelievable Tiggers choke.

Cheeses, that is cute. I love the graphics.

nysox35
09-18-2006, 06:31 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1352923#post1352923

Great post, Dude. That is a more well-written version of what I was trying to convey.

esbrechtel
09-18-2006, 06:57 PM
Great post, Dude. That is a more well-written version of what I was trying to convey.

i agree! lets go get detriot!!!!!!!!:bandance:

Jurr
09-18-2006, 07:07 PM
The White Sox have rested on their laurels for far too long. All year, we've heard "There's still a lot of baseball left."

One helluva legacy can be created by three straight wins. Three games absolutely laced with momentum. Win these "playoff" games, and it's "uh,oh...here come the champs". The young(er), untested throats of the Tigers will begin to tighten up.

If this team wins this series 3-0, big things will happen. I'm absolutely sold. This team has been a blueprint of why it's so hard to repeat. They've played like they won the first WS in 88 years and they're content with that. Their desire will be tested. Is there any magic left with the '05 champs? Here we go.

We've talked a great deal about wanting to have the team peak going into the playoffs. The teams that get hot at the end usually carry it on to postseason glory. There is a window for the Sox to go nuts, assert themselves once again, and bust the October door down.

It ****ing starts tonight.

Win or go the **** home.

Sox, here's your chance. Be the champs. Right now. 7 p.m. in Chicago. Let September 18 be the night where we all smile in retrospect and say, "That was when the madness began."

A great story could be brewing or the Sox can tell the world that they just didn't have "it" this year. Damn, this series is huge. It gets no bigger, save the Series. Get crazy, Sox fans. Root your asses off. This could get good.

aryzner
09-18-2006, 07:33 PM
That post almost brought a tear to my eye. :D:

Go Sox!

mrwag
09-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Ok, so what happens if we win 2 outta 3? :angry:

soxfan13
09-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Ok, so what happens if we win 2 outta 3? :angry:

Then we still have a fighting chance!!!!

jenn2080
09-19-2006, 10:30 AM

fighting being the operative word.

nysox35
09-19-2006, 01:55 PM

Agreed. I really wanted the sweep, as we all did, but 2 of 3 keeps us in the game for a while longer.
We're 4.5 behind MN for the Wildcard. We finish with three games there. We all know our history with MN, especially @ MN, but the key is keeping ourselves alive at this point.

Yes, I realize that would involve beating Cy Santana at home, which is a total rarity, but it is POSSIBLE.

I feel as gloomy as anyone, but I'm not packing it in until the #'s say that we are out for good. We've been through too much to pack it in now.

Let's Go White Sox!!!