PDA

View Full Version : Two weeks left in the AL Central: an anti-stathead analysis

Baby Fisk
09-18-2006, 02:54 PM
According to the anti-stathead mojo factor predicator, it ain't lookin' too hot for the southside. linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=neel/060918)

zmz723
09-18-2006, 03:15 PM
:hawk

"I love it when you analyze"

bryPt
09-18-2006, 03:18 PM
don't mess with the mojo.

A. Cavatica
09-18-2006, 04:36 PM
You know, he's right.

NoShoesJoe
09-18-2006, 04:59 PM
He's got his own "mojo working."

He's right, I, too, agree.

Pods lighting up Lidge? An eternity ago.

Maybe they should watch the WS DVD. Maybe mojo is transferable; maybe a little will leach out via osmosis into the cosmos and infect them. Or maybe it's too late.

Baby Fisk
09-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Pods lighting up Lidge? An eternity ago.

Lidge hasn't been the same since.

Well, OK, he's got a scary monster named Pujols living in his head right now and that may have something to do with it, but let's give Pods a little credit anyway. :cool:

Palehose13
09-18-2006, 05:22 PM
You know, he's right.

You know what, **** it. I'm not going to watch another game this season. See ya'll when pitchers and catchers report.

SoxEd
09-18-2006, 05:31 PM
You know what, **** it. I'm not going to watch another game this season. See ya'll when pitchers and catchers report.

Does this post call for

:tealpolice:

Or does it call for some

:prozac:

:?:

Say it ain't so Val, say it ain't so.

Are things really that bad up in Milwaukee?
Them cheeseheads must be really gettin' you down.

(Well, either that or your sarcasm was so withering that it burnt the teal right off the page...)

Flight #24
09-18-2006, 05:39 PM
You'd know that Frank was a pain and that he made life hard for Ozzie and GM Kenny Williams. Here's what else you'd know: When healthy, he's an inexpensive, ridiculously smart, powerful hitter perfectly suited to the DH role (12 home runs in 105 ABs last year). And you'd also know this: He was the franchise when the franchise was nothing, and Chicago owed him another shot. The powers that be should have been magnanimous, you'd say. They should have said, "We can't pay you big-ticket, but we want you to stay around; you're the White Sox, we get that, it means something to us." And you know what they said instead? They (well, Williams, anyway) said he was an idiot and they said he was selfish, and they said it to reporters, with all sorts of Blylevian terms thrown in for ill effect. And it shouldn't have gone down like that. It should have gone down the way it did in Oakland. The A's didn't pay Frank big moola, they just paid him some respect. And, you'd tell me, they have been justly rewarded with a nice big, roomy lead over the fading Angels.

:worship:

Palehose13
09-18-2006, 05:49 PM
(Well, either that or your sarcasm was so withering that it burnt the teal right off the page...)

This would be the right guess. :wink:

Myrtle72
09-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Yikes.