PDA

View Full Version : Official "Tentative" 2007 Schedule...

pbehle
09-18-2006, 02:13 PM
This just released by the Sox front office:

WHITE SOX ANNOUNCE TENTATIVE 2007 SCHEDULE

CHICAGO – The Chicago White Sox have announced the club’s 2007 regular-season schedule, with the White Sox opening the season at home against the Cleveland Indians (April 2, 4 and 5) for the third straight year.

The White Sox face teams from the National League Central and Eastern Divisions in interleague play in 2007, hosting the Houston Astros (June 8-10) and Florida Marlins (June 18-20) at U.S. Cellular Field. Also in interleague play, the White Sox face the Philadelphia Phillies (June 11-13) and Pittsburgh Pirates (June 15-17), both on the road. The White Sox host the New York Yankees twice (May 15-17 and June 4-7) and the Boston Red Sox (August 23-26).

The Sox and Cubs play a three-game set at Wrigley Field (May 18-20) followed by their series at U.S. Cellular Field (June 22-24).

The White Sox are home for 13 weekends in 2007, hosting Minnesota (April 6-8, July 6-8, September 7-9); the Los Angeles Angels (April 27-29, September 14-16); Kansas City (May 11-13); Tampa Bay (May 25-27); Houston (June 8-10); Cubs (June 22-24); Toronto (July 27-29); Seattle (August 10-12); Boston (August 23-26); and the final home series of the season vs. Detroit (September 28-30). The White Sox will finish the season at home for the first time since 2000. The longest homestand is nine games (September 7-16) and the longest roadtrip is 11 games (July 12-22).

The White Sox 2007 schedule is tentative and subject to change. A complete 162-game schedule with game times and a broadcast schedule will be released at a future date.

jenn2080
09-18-2006, 02:17 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/tentative.jsp?c_id=cws&year=2007

Lip Man 1
09-18-2006, 02:17 PM
So how many losses do they get by visiting Oakland?

Lip

Chicken Dinner
09-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Astros again. Kind of odd.

Jerko
09-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Houston here again, and us, at Pittsburgh, again???????? ***, I thought they were supposed to rotate this ****?

JohnTucker0814
09-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Why are we playing 2 NL East and 2 NL Central teams? I thought you played one division and your rival? Are they changing the format of Interleague Play for next year?

Wouldn't we normally play 4 of the NL East teams and 2 Cubs series?

Madvora
09-18-2006, 02:21 PM
I don't get it. Why are we playing the Yankees to much? Two series at home and one on the road...?

Also, what the hell is going on with the NL schedule?

Kogs35
09-18-2006, 02:22 PM
Houston here again, and us, at Pittsburgh, again???????? ***, I thought they were supposed to rotate this ****?

yeah what happened to the mets??? also i just checked the golden gophers schedule for 2007 looks like there will be another 11:10 start in twinkie land on the 22 of september

SoxFan78
09-18-2006, 02:23 PM
At Oakland twice next year. GREAT!!

jenn2080
09-18-2006, 02:23 PM

I thought we were playing NL East? We are playing half Central and half East. That is a big bag of crap.

itsnotrequired
09-18-2006, 02:24 PM
I don't get it. Why are we playing the Yankees to much? Two series at home and one on the road...?

Yeah, 10 against the Yankees seemed a little odd.

ajismyhero
09-18-2006, 02:25 PM

I was thinking the same thing - 10 games versus the Yankees??

ajismyhero
09-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Although i do like 7 games against KC at the very end.....

salty99
09-18-2006, 02:27 PM
I like that our final 6 games are at home this year.

LauraJ14
09-18-2006, 02:39 PM

I think that there is one team from the East that we play 9 times, this year was Toronto, last year was the Red Sox.
It probably has to do with only 4 teams in the West so that the number of games works out.

Baby Fisk
09-18-2006, 02:39 PM
Hot damn! An epic four-game series in Toronto. :bandance:

By the end of that weekend, I will either be in hospital or in prison.

Law11
09-18-2006, 02:44 PM

4 games I get to watch the hot brunette behind the plate serve popcorn and drinks on TV..

batmanZoSo
09-18-2006, 02:46 PM
So how many losses do they get by visiting Oakland?

Lip

Didn't you say we'd open in Oakland?

It sucks that we have to go there twice, but at least we get one trip out of the way in April. Overall it looks like a good schedule. If we're in a pennant race in September, I like finishing up with a six game homestand.

It's one thing to play Houston two years in a row, but shouldn't we at least go there this time? Same with going to Pittsburgh. :?:

batmanZoSo
09-18-2006, 02:47 PM

Represent as usual, soldier.

http://www.geocities.com/whs_redwolf_jrotc/wolf_angry_.jpg

:Rocker:

jenn2080
09-18-2006, 02:48 PM
If this schedule holds through I will be going to Pitt and Philly.

batmanZoSo
09-18-2006, 02:50 PM
If this schedule holds through I will be going to Pitt and Philly.

Yeah, good news for Burgh there. Maybe this time I'll get to make the Pitt trip. :gulp:

jenn2080
09-18-2006, 02:53 PM
Yeah, good news for Burgh there. Maybe this time I'll get to make the Pitt trip. :gulp:

I would probably end up doing the one Phillies game and then the Fri and Sat Pitt. Kind of glad for Pitt again since I did not go this year. I was hoping for the Mets.

Kogs35
09-18-2006, 02:56 PM
I would probably end up doing the one Phillies game and then the Fri and Sat Pitt. Kind of glad for Pitt again since I did not go this year. I was hoping for the Mets.

there was a blurb in one of the ny papers that mets are only playing 5 interleague series this year.

champagne030
09-18-2006, 02:58 PM

You may have wanted to visit NYC, but you want nothing to do with that rathole they call Shea Stadium. The worst place I ever saw a game was the Kingdome. The Dumpdome was 2nd worst and Shea is barely behind that.

kidmccarthy
09-18-2006, 02:58 PM
This schedule has to be off a bit. The pirates series is June 15-17, which is sunday through Tuesday. So im sure things are not set in stone yet.

EDIT: its a friday through sunday, my bad!!

Scottiehaswheels
09-18-2006, 03:02 PM
hmmm def making the Philly trip... dunno about going to Pitt again though... some very promising roadtrip possibilities though

Baby Fisk
09-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Pittsburgh's a nice place and all, but twice in two years is a bit much. Philly is not very appealing.

I was hoping for Atlanta in 2007. I want to see that damn aquarium. (http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/) :(:

jenn2080
09-18-2006, 03:06 PM
You may have wanted to visit NYC, but you want nothing to do with that rathole they call Shea Stadium. The worst place I ever saw a game was the Kingdome. The Dumpdome was 2nd worst and Shea is barely behind that.

no actually, whether that stadium is a dump or not, i still want to go. it is still a stadium i have not seen yet.

spiffie
09-18-2006, 03:09 PM
I am just sad the Phillies series is away. I would have loved to watch all the militant anti-Rowand folks having fits as people give him a standing ovation while they just yell "GET OVER IT!" at everyone around them.

Baby Fisk
09-18-2006, 03:18 PM
I am just sad the Phillies series is away. I would have loved to watch all the militant anti-Rowand folks having fits as people give him a standing ovation while they just yell "GET OVER IT!" at everyone around them.
Great Moments In White Sox History. (on top of the avalanche of emotionally charged threads and bannings that would follow here...)

BanditJimmy
09-18-2006, 03:31 PM
Astros and Marlins come here for Interleague ...... not good for walk up crowds if tickets are not sold in advanced.

I like playing the Yankees for 6.

jenn2080
09-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Great Moments In White Sox History. (on top of the avalanche of emotionally charged threads and bannings that would follow here...)

:rolling:

:worship: :rowand :puking:

Lip Man 1
09-18-2006, 03:52 PM
I don't know what other schedules may be like but now for the first time the unbalanced slate's have a chance to really dictate who gets to the post season and who doesn't.

Now that for some strange and bizarre reason interleague play means multiple divisions possibly without rhyme or reason... what if one team gets nothing but stiff's and garbage clubs?

This makes no sense to me but then that's Proud To be Your Bud Selig isn't it?

10 with the Yankees?, two trips to Oakland?

Who decides this stuff and what is the method that they use? throwing darts at a board???

Lip

salty99
09-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Pittsburgh's a nice place and all, but twice in two years is a bit much. Philly is not very appealing.

I watched a show on the INHD channel about the new Philly park and it looks really nice. I think I smell a roadtirp.

Kogs35
09-18-2006, 04:06 PM
I don't know what other schedules may be like but now for the first time the unbalanced slate's have a chance to really dictate who gets to the post season and who doesn't.

Now that for some strange and bizarre reason interleague play means multiple divisions possibly without rhyme or reason... what if one team gets nothing but stiff's and garbage clubs?

This makes no sense to me but then that's Proud To be Your Bud Selig isn't it?

Who decides this stuff and what is the method that they use? throwing darts at a board???

Lip

the schedule makers are from a outside source. its sent to mlb, once they approve it its sent to the team in early july for approval. then tweaks and changes are made before realeasing a final schedule in early december. already the padres have made schedule changes.

Lip Man 1
09-18-2006, 04:24 PM
Kog:

Do you have an insight on what is this multiple interleague divisions garbage?

Lip

wsoxfan111
09-18-2006, 04:28 PM
I wish they would change this up

Houston and Pitt again

Too bad Phillie is on the road, I wouldve liked to get tickets to Thome vs Phillies and Row vs Sox

Or maybe ill see rowand every game i go to next year

hmmmm?

CHISOXFAN13
09-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Astros and Marlins come here for Interleague ...... not good for walk up crowds if tickets are not sold in advanced.

I like playing the Yankees for 6.

You're joking, right? The Marlins will be one of the more exciting teams in baseball, and any team two years removed from playing here in the World Series is going to draw.

DumpJerry
09-18-2006, 04:32 PM
already the padres have made schedule changes.

How do you know and what changes did they make? More Cub games and fewer Mets games?

Too bad Phillie is on the road, I wouldve liked to get tickets to Thome vs Phillies and Row vs Sox

Or maybe ill see rowand every game i go to next year

hmmmm?
Moving to Philly soon?

I like two home stands with the Yankees, if I put those games on the White Sox Ticket Exchange, I'll make out with enough $$ to pay for the 2007 playoffs.

DumpJerry
09-18-2006, 04:34 PM
You're joking, right? The Marlins will be one of the more exciting teams in baseball, and any team two years removed from playing here in the World Series is going to draw.
Agreed. The Marlins are an exciting team.

DumpJerry
09-18-2006, 04:37 PM
BTW, I was sent an advanced promotions calendar. These days are notable:
May 25, 26, 27 and June 25, 26,27,28 are Carl Crawford Reunion Days.

Chicken Dinner
09-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Who decides this stuff and what is the method that they use? throwing darts at a board???Lip

They must be using the BCS computer. :?:

0o0o0
09-18-2006, 04:59 PM

Not to mention two trips to Seattle, one being a 2 game series. :?:

Baby Fisk
09-18-2006, 05:07 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/xfiles/images/173/lonegunmen01.jpg
"Conspiracy!"

(Yeah, my 8-year-old pop culture references are just the cat's ass.)

Kogs35
09-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Kog:

Do you have an insight on what is this multiple interleague divisions garbage?

Lip

it has todo with what divistions are playing the all nl series during interleague play,the interleague rivalries, and whats left after all thats decieded.

Flight #24
09-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Just IMO -

April: 6CLE, 3MIN, 3OAK, 5DET, 3LAA, 3TEX, 2KC
Pretty brutal start, all teams except KC look like they could be at least solid, if not real title contenders. If the Sox finish April over .500, they should be pretty happy and in good shape.

May: 6MIN, 3NYY, 3OAK, 3LAA, 2SEA, 3CUBS, 2KC, 3TB, 1TOR
Eases up a bit with a bunch of games against what should be bad teams (SEA, CUBS, KC, TB)

June: 4NYY, 3TOR, 4TB, 2KC, 3CUBS, 3FLA, 3PIT, 3PHI, 3HOU
Extremely light. Sox should head to the break on a nice roll.

July: 3MIN, 4DET, 1NYY, 3CLE, 3BOS, 7BAL, 3TOR
Pretty balanced around the break with a nice mix of good & bad teams. Nice for the Sox is that they get 3 BAL pre and 4 BAL post break just in case they have any kind of hangover going in or coming out of the layoff.

AUG: 2NYY, 3OAK, 3DET, 4CLE, 4BOS, 3TEX, 6SEA, 3KC
Not too shabby. Couple of tough series, but the Sox should be able to make some hay in the "dog days". And they're going to have to, because.....

SEP: 6MIN, 6DET, 3LAA, 5CLE, 3LAA, 7KC
Outside of the KC games, that's pretty brutal.

Bottom line: VERY tough starts and finishes, caused significantly by the division games (which hopefully even out across the 4 potential contenders), but for the Sox, peppered with ALW as well. The good news is a creamy center to the schedule, but they'll need to come out of the break fast and continue through August because the MIN/DET games down the stretch are likely to be tough ones.

IMO this is the kind of schedule that plays into Kenny's hands a bit. He likes to move early on trades, and the Sox could be chasing early, leaving him a bit more aggressive than if they got out to a division lead early and coasted somewhat (like this year for the WC & last year).

Of course all of this is subject to significant change based on offseasons, injuries, improvement/regression, etc.

Lip Man 1
09-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Notice there seems to be a LOT more four game series next season.

Lip

PKalltheway
09-18-2006, 05:48 PM
I don't know what other schedules may be like

Lip
I heard that the Reds interleague schedule is just as screwy. The only two teams that have yet to play a regular-season series in Cincinnati are the Angels and Red Sox, and I was hoping that I would get to see at least one of the two. They face strictly the AL West next year (except for the home/away series with Cleveland) but the way they went about was screwy.

The things they got right:
Cincinnati goes to Seattle for the first time
Oakland comes back to Cincinnati for the first time since 2002 (Reds went to Oakland in 2004)

The things they got wrong:
The Reds go back to Los Angeles to face the Angels (The Angels have NEVER been to Cincy, and the Reds went to L.A. in 2002)
Texas comes back to Cincy (They were already here in 2004, and the Reds haven't been to Arlington since 2002)

Here's something that's really strange: The Twins haven't been to Cincinnati since 1998.:o:

Kogs35
09-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Notice there seems to be a LOT more four game series next season.

Lip

i also read somewhere that there would be scheduled doubleheaders. i cant bring a link or a source cause i dont remeber where i heard/read it.

PKalltheway
09-18-2006, 06:24 PM
i also read somewhere that there would be scheduled doubleheaders. i cant bring a link or a source cause i dont remeber where i heard/read it.
Scheduled doubleheaders? Man, would that be awesome!

Kogs35
09-18-2006, 06:25 PM
i do like the 15 straight days of being in chicago during the month of may

hellenicsoxfan
09-18-2006, 06:33 PM
I like two home stands with the Yankees, if I put those games on the White Sox Ticket Exchange, I'll make out with enough $$ to pay for the 2007 playoffs.

I was thinking of doing the same thing for the Yankee games I can't make and then I realized that both Yankee series are weekdays, so I'm out of luck. Oh well, at least the Red Sox is a Thursday-Sunday series.

palehozenychicty
09-18-2006, 06:53 PM

Yes. The Mets have a fun team to watch, but Shea is a horrible stadium. That's being kind.

HotelWhiteSox
09-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Damn, off on my bday again like every year. I didn't like this year's schedule too much either. I remember reading they changed who did the schedule starting last year or the year before. The interleague is just plain weird/stupid. The whole point is to appeal to fans (reasoning that the games draw well, I hope they don't since I hate this damn thing), and they do again at Pittsburgh and again Houston here.

Kogs35
09-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Damn, off on my bday again like every year. I didn't like this year's schedule too much either. I remember reading they changed who did the schedule starting last year or the year before. The interleague is just plain weird/stupid. The whole point is to appeal to fans (reasoning that the games draw well, I hope they don't since I hate this damn thing), and they do again at Pittsburgh and again Houston here.

the people who did this past years schedule where people who work for mit

chisoxfanatic
09-18-2006, 07:34 PM
We DO play the Yankees 10 times; but, 7 of those are at home (which I do find kind of weird, since they'd usually give the four-game series to the team who only's at home once, but I'm not complaining). I'm glad to have more games with Boston this coming year. I'm overall happier with this schedule. We can REALLY decide our fate late in the season with all of those divisional games in September.

ChicagoHoosier
09-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Was hoping to play the Brewers up at Miller Park and check that place out. Some day...

Schedule is okay. I am still confident in this team to be a challenger for the next several years (barring any unforeseen screwups by Kenny).

dcb56
09-21-2006, 12:02 AM
Didn't see it posted. Why does it seem like the Sox always get scheduled to go to Oakland twice whenever they play them for more than two series?

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/tentative.jsp?c_id=cws&year=2007

kruzer31
09-21-2006, 12:11 AM
Why are we playing Houston again?

Myrtle72
09-21-2006, 12:12 AM
Why are we playing Houston again?

Why is our schedule so similar to this year?

ondafarm
09-21-2006, 12:18 AM
An April and a May series against Oakland and then an August one. At least I'll get to see the boys.

QCIASOXFAN
09-21-2006, 12:23 AM
We should have a pretty good June.:thumbsup:

09-21-2006, 12:25 AM
@ Pit
vs. Hou

If we are playing NL Central again you would think that the Sox would see Mil?

DumpJerry
09-21-2006, 12:31 AM
Didn't see it posted. Why does it seem like the Sox always get scheduled to go to Oakland twice whenever they play them for more than two series?

The search function is your friend.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78968&highlight=Schedule

SouthSide_HitMen
09-21-2006, 12:41 AM
This is pretty disappointing. I thought we would be facing the Mets, either at Shea or at home.

I really wish they would scrap the whole interleague thing at this point - it is a joke.

The good news is there are only two extended road trips (more than one week) and they are both 9 games (to start May and after the All Star Break) and the Sox will be home more in September next season which will hopefully help for their 2007 playoff drive.

Number of series thorugh 2006 (bold teams are the opponents in 2007):

Cubs (2) 18
St. Louis 6
Cincinnati, Houston & Pittsburgh 5
Milwaukee 4
Atlanta, Montreal, Philadelphia, Arizona, Los Angeles, San Diego 2
Colorado, Florida, San Francisco, New York Mets 1
Washington 0

White_Sock
09-21-2006, 12:57 AM
I'm with ondafarm- I'm looking forward to some 2007 curse-busting in Oakland.

lumpyspun
09-21-2006, 01:00 AM
Two trips to Seattle.....sweeeet.

rdwj
09-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Looks like us weekend ticket holders are going to get to see PLENTY of the Twins.

Beautox
09-21-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm looking forward to the series against the marlins.

October26
09-21-2006, 09:54 AM
I'm glad we finally end the season at home - it's been a few years.

MadetoOrta
09-21-2006, 09:56 AM
@ Pit
vs. Hou

If we are playing NL Central again you would think that the Sox would see Mil?

I'd rather play Hou and Pitt next year than Milwaukee. You may see Milwaukee in the World Series in 2007.

oeo
09-21-2006, 10:28 AM
An April and a May series against Oakland and then an August one. At least I'll get to see the boys.

At least we get them out of the way before September. :tongue:

Gavin
09-21-2006, 10:42 AM
May looks pretty sick:
2 @ SEA
3 @ LAA
3 @ MIN
3 vs. KC
3 vs. NYY
3 @ CUBS
3 vs. OAK
3 vs. TB
3 @ MIN
1 @ TOR (+3 more following into June).

MarySwiss
09-21-2006, 10:51 AM
When do they get to play some NL West teams? :angry:

Kuzman
09-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Maybe we'll get to see Frank hit his 500th here at the cell. If he has a slow April we just might.

Kogs35
09-21-2006, 11:55 AM

in the 2008 season

itsnotrequired
09-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Does anyone know if they will still have half-priced Mondays in 2007? I'm guessing yes but what about the Monday Yankees game? Those are typically Premier games and I wonder if the Sox would be willing to take such a big hit.

SouthSoxFan
09-21-2006, 12:22 PM
How quickly you forget - we feasted on the NL West teams last year going 9-3.

Scottiehaswheels
09-21-2006, 12:30 PM
well figuring my work schedule stays the same, I should be able to make almost 40 games at home next year... hooray!

MarySwiss
09-21-2006, 12:41 PM
How quickly you forget - we feasted on the NL West teams last year going 9-3.
Yeah, I guess I did. :?:

stl_sox_fan
09-21-2006, 01:39 PM

Last year. It looks like 2008 will be next NL West Interleague games and maybe in 2009 I'll get to see the Sox come to new Busch stadium. If they haven't already met in the 07 or 08 WS. But I'm getting ahead of myslef....

stl_sox_fan
09-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Maybe we'll get to see Frank hit his 500th here at the cell. If he has a slow April we just might.

That will be both poignant and painful if that happens. Interesting to see if he gets resigned by Oakland. Beane got him for penance this year. I don't think he'll be as cheap next year.

palehozenychicty
09-21-2006, 01:51 PM
I will try to bring my buddy from NYC to the South Side for either the May or June series. Those could be incredibly fun.

Fenway
09-21-2006, 02:06 PM
I see the Yankees play SEVEN at The Cell next year ( 10 total with New York )

Good Luck :smile:

DumpJerry
09-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Why is our schedule so similar to this year?

To give us a second chance.

October, 2007 vs. the Dodgers.

Hangar18
09-21-2006, 02:21 PM
To give us a second chance.

heh heh

Harry Potter
09-21-2006, 02:25 PM
I just dont know why Houston (home) and Pittsburgh (away) is on the schedule for the second consecutive year. Where's the love for a series with the Brewers?!

Hitmen77
09-21-2006, 04:10 PM
So does this mean that MLB is officially dumping the interleague rotation they've set up where everyone cycles between East, Central, and West?

Glad to see the Sox finally finishing the season at home again. I hope that will mean something next year.

sox230
09-21-2006, 05:18 PM
10 games against the Yankees, 8 against boston, two trips to oakland and 9 total games, MLB is trying to **** us over.:angry: :angry: :angry:

The Dude
09-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Yeah, 10 against the Yankees seemed a little odd.

Well for those 7 home games I say whitesox.com here I come!:redneck
:payrod

spiffie
09-21-2006, 05:39 PM
10 games against the Yankees, 8 against boston, two trips to oakland and 9 total games, MLB is trying to **** us over.:angry: :angry: :angry:

I believe this post was made on this...

http://perth.indymedia.org/storyuploads/17991/tinfoil-computer-1.jpg