PDA

View Full Version : Tigers - Royals

getonbckthr
09-17-2006, 01:34 AM
I was thinking about this in relation to the Sox. This year I believe Detroit has not lost to KC if they have i'm guessing it was only once. IS it realistic to think that Detroit can go 18-1 or 19-0 against KC? I just can't see it. I see KC winning 4 of the last 6 against Detroit. Not to mention I believe Detroit has Halladay in the Toronto series. So there's 2-5 lets say we take 2 of 3 that puts Detroit at 3-7 with 4 other games to go. They took the first 2 of the current Baltimore series but its hard to assume a sweep, putting them at 3-8 with a make up in Baltimore and 2 against Toronto. Give them 2 of those 3 thats 5-9 in their finally 14.
For the Sox to tie with Detroit for a playoff spot we need to gain 5 games with 14 to play meaning 10-4. Again you can't assume a sweep so lets say we win Sunday in Oakland. Take 2 of 3 from Detroit puts us at 3-1. 3 out of 4 from Seattle is desperately needed so we are at 6-2 take 2 of 3 in Cleveland makes us 8-3. to get to my 10-4 we would need 2 of 3 from Minny.

QCIASOXFAN
09-17-2006, 01:45 AM
I was thinking about this in relation to the Sox. This year I believe Detroit has not lost to KC if they have i'm guessing it was only once. IS it realistic to think that Detroit can go 18-1 or 19-0 against KC? I just can't see it. I see KC winning 4 of the last 6 against Detroit. Not to mention I believe Detroit has Halladay in the Toronto series. So there's 2-5 lets say we take 2 of 3 that puts Detroit at 3-7 with 4 other games to go. They took the first 2 of the current Baltimore series but its hard to assume a sweep, putting them at 3-8 with a make up in Baltimore and 2 against Toronto. Give them 2 of those 3 thats 5-9 in their finally 14.
For the Sox to tie with Detroit for a playoff spot we need to gain 5 games with 14 to play meaning 10-4. Again you can't assume a sweep so lets say we win Sunday in Oakland. Take 2 of 3 from Detroit puts us at 3-1. 3 out of 4 from Seattle is desperately needed so we are at 6-2 take 2 of 3 in Cleveland makes us 8-3. to get to my 10-4 we would need 2 of 3 from Minny.
:mg: That is quite a bit to take in. Yes they are 11-1 against the Royals and yes they could go 18-1, its baseball anything is possible. The bottom line is we have to take care of business. We have to go out in win. I stopped looking ahead at different series weeks ago because we gotta watch our own bacon.

Lip Man 1
09-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Geton:

Ultimately if things continue along the same path, we'll look back in wonder and try to explain how the Sox lost (as on this writing) 29 games to teams that are going to finish 2006 with a losing record.

29 games!

Lip

palehozenychicty
09-17-2006, 02:04 PM
Geton:

Ultimately if things continue along the same path, we'll look back in wonder and try to explain how the Sox lost (as on this writing) 29 games to teams that are going to finish 2006 with a losing record.

29 games!

Lip

Baseball is a strange game. People play their best against a world champion as well. That's about all you can say about that stat.

PKalltheway
09-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Baseball is a strange game. People play their best against a world champion as well. That's about all you can say about that stat.
That's so true. That's why it's so hard for a team in baseball to repeat as World Champions.