PDA

View Full Version : "That would be the worst scenario," Guillen said

A. Cavatica
09-16-2006, 11:16 PM
...of the possibility of needing to sweep the Twins.

Hey, Ozzie, lose one more game to the Twins before that final series and you'll have an even worse scenario: meaningless games. Of course, if that happens, the Twins will rest their players and we'll probably still fail to sweep.

Huisj
09-17-2006, 01:07 AM
Hawk on October 1: "And starting today's game for the Twinkies, TBA. I tell ya, we got a look at TBA back in spring training a few years back before he had elbow surgery and was pitching in the so-and-so organization, and he's one good looking kid, maybe the best I ever saw at throwing a (blah blah blah blah) . . . "

SOXandILLINI
09-17-2006, 08:28 AM
Hawk on October 1: "And starting today's game for the Twinkies, TBA. I tell ya, we got a look at TBA back in spring training a few years back before he had elbow surgery and was pitching in the so-and-so organization, and he's one good looking kid, maybe the best I ever saw at throwing a (blah blah blah blah) . . . "
this is good stuff..:D: maybe ozzie thinks you pick up 2 games if you beat a team, so with his math we could be 6 back and still force a playoff.

ewokpelts
09-17-2006, 10:07 AM
...of the possibility of needing to sweep the Twins.

Hey, Ozzie, lose one more game to the Twins before that final series and you'll have an even worse scenario: meaningless games. Of course, if that happens, the Twins will rest their players and we'll probably still fail to sweep.
there are only 3 games left against the twinkies..the 3 games that ozzie's talking about

SOXandILLINI
09-17-2006, 03:09 PM
there are only 3 games left against the twinkies..the 3 games that ozzie's talking about
i'm pretty sure he meant lose 1 more game in the standings to the twins... hence a four game deficit would be insurmountable.