PDA

View Full Version : BACK in the Saddle again

Randar68
07-30-2001, 02:51 PM
Well guys, I'm back from my North Woods adventure and return to find a variety of things...

1) Sox Trade James Baldwin for less compensation than they would have recieved had they simply kept him and allow him to walk via free agency (likely 1st round pick + supplemental 1st rounder)

2) Fred Mcgriff prooves that he is an idiot, but the Tampa Bay Devil Rays prove to be even more inept eating part of his salary for 2 players never to play regularly in the majors... <sarcasm> Might as well have the Cubs WS Champs rings made now </sarcasm>

3) The Cubs gave up more for David Weathers than they did for Fred McGriff's left shoe

4) Sox went 5-4 while I was gone, but Cleveland and the Twinkies have sucked even worse....Minnesota, meet the Seattle Mariners.... SHEESH!!!!!!

5) Dan Wright was called up. This officially makes him ineligible to play ANYWHERE during a lockout, should there be one....dumb move unless they stick him in the 5th spot and leave him there the remainder of the season.

6) If you are going to call up Dan Wright, you might as well call up Borchard in September, because you obviously think there won't be a lockout, else KW, JR, and JM are complete imbeciles.

7) Cubs still in first

8) People are no longer saying "hey?" and "aboooot".....thank GOD!

9) Cool new Message Board. Similar to others I have used in the past, and it appears to have some useful and cool features, although I have not yet experimented....

10) IAC DID NOT EAT CANADA.......

good to be back guys, good to see the Sox less than 10 games behind.....

FarWestChicago
07-30-2001, 02:55 PM
Ummm, I noticed you didn't mention anything about catching any fish in the "I'm back" message. I hope that doesn't mean you got skunked. :)

Randar68
07-30-2001, 02:59 PM
NO FWC, I didn't get skunked, and for 2 grand, I would be out shooting something had I been skunked...

I cought some very nice Lake Trout, Northern Pike, and a couple of trophy Arctic Grayling, it was light for 24 hours a day, and the sunset lasted about 2-3 hours.....pretty sweet.....I wanted to post a couple of pictures, but my wife hid the USB cable to my digital camera....I'll post a couple of the better ones in a reduced sized format in this thread when she calls me back.......it's nice to have a dat off to get back on schedule....

FarWestChicago
07-30-2001, 03:01 PM
NO FWC, I didn't get skunked, and for 2 grand, I would be out shooting something had I been skunked...

Actually, many of us were looking for somebody to shoot Jerry after he mismanaged yesterday's game away...

Randar68
07-30-2001, 03:04 PM
<quote>Actually, many of us were looking for somebody to shoot Jerry after he mismanaged yesterday's game away...</quote>

Well, Daver is probably better equipped, but I'm glad I didn't see it. I saw "highlights" on ESP while at Hooters in Fargo, ND yesterday evening, but I didn't see the rediculous calls he made....

Simply putting Embree in with a lead was enough to earn the ire of anyone.....sheeeeeesh! What was he thinking???

FarWestChicago
07-30-2001, 03:07 PM
<quote>Actually, many of us were looking for somebody to shoot Jerry after he mismanaged yesterday's game away...</quote>

You can click on the quote or italics buttons to insert quotes. You can also type it out, but you have to use [ instead of <. You can also click on "Quote" instead of "Reply" and it's all done automatically. New toys.

Soxboyrob
07-30-2001, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Dan Wright was called up. This officially makes him ineligible to play ANYWHERE during a lockout, should there be one....dumb move unless they stick him in the 5th spot and leave him there the remainder of the season.

I believe that is the plan. He's scheduled for a start vs. the Royals this week. He sure looked good in his debut, less the leadoff homer. He's a guy that doesn't look scared and appears ready to take on the big boys. We'll see if that changes at all this month. He's coming up at just the right time also...vs. weaker teams that will give him a chance to boost his confidence.