PDA

View Full Version : Quotes Of The Day 9-16

Lip Man 1
09-16-2006, 11:32 AM
''I think I've been a little surprised because I haven't played the greatest defense, and you have to have your best out there at this time of the year, especially center field''--Rob Mackowiak to the Sun-Times Joe Cowley.

''I don't care about Frank right now, if Frank gets a base hit, it takes five hits to score him." -- Ozzie Guillen to the Sun-Times Joe Cowley.

I'm not defending Frank nor ripping him but Ozzie's comment made me laugh. What do you think you have right now in the middle of your lineup Ozzie? These are the slow-slow, station to station, try for seven run home run White Sox.

History has shown and is showing again that doesn't accomplish squat with this franchise. The White Sox are pitching, speed, defense. Period. They need to get back to what won for them in 2005.

Lip

Grzegorz
09-16-2006, 11:50 AM
When I saw Ozzie's comment about Thomas needing five hits to score him I just laughed.

The White Sox have been guilty of needing four hits to score a run. Also, why say anything negative about Thomas? What does get you?

Maybe if Ozzie worried more about the White Sox and less about how many base hits it takes to score Thomas the team would be better off.

veeter
09-16-2006, 12:02 PM
Just like players having bad seasons, Ozzie the manager has had a VERY bad season this year.

southsideirish71
09-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Guillen was the most vocal, however, after learning that beer is no longer provided in the McAfee Coliseum clubhouses. Oakland general manager Billy Beane banned alcoholic beverages at midseason after Loaiza's arrest on suspicion of drunken driving and a published story highlighting the nightlife of certain A's players.

Guillen told a clubhouse attendant he would pay for the cost of the beer and was angered that Beane would try to control visiting clubhouses.

We can play pathetic thats OK, but dont you take away Ozzies beer.

23Ventura
09-16-2006, 12:10 PM
''I think I've been a little surprised because I haven't played the greatest defense, and you have to have your best out there at this time of the year, especially center field''--Rob Mackowiak to the Sun-Times Joe Cowley.
Even Mack doesn't want Mack in CF. C'mon Ozzie.

wdelaney72
09-16-2006, 12:27 PM
''I don't care about Frank right now, if Frank gets a base hit, it takes five hits to score him." -- Ozzie Guillen to the Sun-Times Joe Cowley.

That's funny, cause Frank had a Double yesterday. If it takes two more hits to get him in to score that would make 3.

Ozzie's using fuzzy math.

Wins and losses are what counts and it wasn't the White Sox that got the win yesterday.

Juice16
09-16-2006, 12:40 PM

At least the A's get the five hits to score him. the White Sox leave the runner(s) on base.

TDog
09-16-2006, 02:55 PM
''I don't care about Frank right now, if Frank gets a base hit, it takes five hits to score him." -- Ozzie Guillen to the Sun-Times Joe Cowley....
Lip

That sounds like what people in game chats write about Paul Konerko. But Thomas is slower than Konerko.

Really, the Sox were slow in the middle of their order in 2005, especially when Thomas was back at DH. If I came up with Konerko, Pierzinski and Crede loading the bases, I wouldn't be thinking triple out of the box.

RKMeibalane
09-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Ozzie's comment was funny, but he needs to worry more about his own team.

SOXandILLINI
09-16-2006, 08:46 PM
We can play pathetic thats OK, but dont you take away Ozzies beer.
when i heard about this, it completely sent me over the edge on ozzie. i make no bones about how i feel about this guy, imo, he is the most self absorbed, overrated manager in baseball, but worrying about beer in the clubhouse when your in the heat of a pennant race, and just puked away another game. i have never officially said it before, but i will now... he needs to go. how can anyone justify this being on his mind with what is going on?

JB98
09-16-2006, 08:47 PM

You have to remember that Ozzie is being bombarded with questions about Frank. It isn't that he isn't worried about his own team. He's just talking about what the media ask him about.

SOXandILLINI
09-16-2006, 08:49 PM
and, no, his comment is not funny, as stated earlier, he has at least 1 guy in the middle of his lineup that didn't score from 2nd on a double a couple of weeks ago ( pk) and it takes 4 hits to score a run.

RKMeibalane
09-16-2006, 09:00 PM
You have to remember that Ozzie is being bombarded with questions about Frank. It isn't that he isn't worried about his own team. He's just talking about what the media ask him about.

I realize that, and if Ozzie really feels compelled to comment on Frank, he should just say, "We're focusing on trying to get him out this weekend."

SOXandILLINI
09-16-2006, 09:02 PM
I realize that, and if Ozzie really feels compelled to comment on Frank, he should just say, "We're focusing on trying to get him out this weekend."
we have a bingo.

JB98
09-16-2006, 09:04 PM

Ozzie doesn't make vanilla comments like that. He never has and never will. That's part of the package with him, and I personally don't mind it. The game needs more colorful characters.

SOXandILLINI
09-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Ozzie doesn't make vanilla comments like that. He never has and never will. That's part of the package with him, and I personally don't mind it. The game needs more colorful characters.
yeah, the more ignorant the better, i agree.

JB98
09-16-2006, 09:10 PM
yeah, the more ignorant the better, i agree.

Ignorant? I don't think Ozzie is even remotely ignorant.

SOXandILLINI
09-16-2006, 09:13 PM
Ignorant? I don't think Ozzie is even remotely ignorant.
maybe one of the funniest things i've ever heard... thx for the chuckle... and 1 of the things that make it funny is that ozzie himself claims ignorance, not using that word, but he does, when he claims not to know how offensive things are, because of a language difference...lmao.

JB98
09-16-2006, 09:16 PM
maybe one of the funniest things i've ever heard... thx for the chuckle.

So, you're willing to call Ozzie ignorant and not support your statement?

SOXandILLINI
09-16-2006, 09:17 PM
i just did

JB98
09-16-2006, 09:19 PM
i just did

Great. Here we go with the Mariotti stuff again. If I were to make candid remarks on this topic, we'd go to the roadhouse and I'd be banned for life.

I know when to quit.

Nordy
09-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Ozzie is a little man who could never hold down a real job. He doesn't know
how to talk to or treat people.

He is a little insecure , ignorant prima donna.

It is time he took his act and moved on. Give him a six pack of his precious
beer and send him on his way.

SOXandILLINI
09-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Great. Here we go with the Mariotti stuff again. If I were to make candid remarks on this topic, we'd go to the roadhouse and I'd be banned for life.

I know when to quit.
mariotti is a tool extrordinaire, but so is our manager.

SOXandILLINI
09-16-2006, 09:23 PM

I know when to quit.
come on, be candid, like our manager.

RKMeibalane
09-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Ozzie is a little man who could never hold down a real job. He doesn't know
how to talk to or treat people.

He is a little insecure , ignorant prima donna.

It is time he took his act and moved on. Give him a six pack of his precious
beer and send him on his way.

Why do people hit the "enter" key over and over again? Just let the word-wrap move your text to the next line. Hangar irritated the crap out of me when he did that.

JB98
09-16-2006, 09:25 PM
come on, be candid, like our manager.

No, I intend to keep my posting priviledges.

Nordy
09-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the tip

SOXandILLINI
09-16-2006, 09:26 PM
No, I intend to keep my posting priviledges.
that's a shame.

SOXandILLINI
09-16-2006, 09:40 PM
i get it now, i get called out, and when i answer, then i get no esponse... fair enough. i guess you didn't like my example of ozzies ignorance. just in case you didn't like that one, what about the child molester comment, any better?