PDA

View Full Version : Todays lineup-shakeup?

hawkjt
09-16-2006, 09:28 AM
I know it is unlikely but you think Ozzie might shake up the lineup to try to get to Zito?

Maybe give Big Jim a day off and go with Fields as DH? Pablo for Pods, Sandy for AJ, BA in center, maybe Alex for Juan?

I just know if I have to watch Jim flail away helplessly at another lefty I am going to hurt myself. Not really , but hey if they come in with a righthander late then he could pinch hit.

I like the big guy a lot but he is in a deep slump in September due to injuries, a day off may help in recovery.

Their DH looks a lot more dangerous at the plate than ours right now.

kevingrt
09-16-2006, 09:32 AM
I know it is unlikely but you think Ozzie might shake up the lineup to try to get to Zito?

Maybe give Big Jim a day off and go with Fields as DH? Pablo for Pods, Sandy for AJ, BA in center, maybe Alex for Juan?

I just know if I have to watch Jim flail away helplessly at another lefty I am going to hurt myself. Not really , but hey if they come in with a righthander late then he could pinch hit.

I like the big guy a lot but he is in a deep slump in September due to injuries, a day off may help in recovery.

Their DH looks a lot more dangerous at the plate than ours right now.

As much as some people will kill us for it I wouldn't mind giving Thome a day off versus a lefty either. I don't think Fields is the suitable backup DH but you could put Pablo at DH or something.

All I know right now is we need some runs to help this pitching staff.

hawkjt
09-16-2006, 10:10 AM
I cannot remember a season where I have seen so many opposing hitters pop up to center where I say in my mind- thats an out- only to have it drop in.

That high pop last nite needed to be caught by BA on his feet , not mack diving poorly and turning a routine out into a double that gave them two gift runs and cost us the game.

If ozzie puts mack out there, the ball will find mack. Its just baseball law now. I really feel bad for mack as his frustration was obvious last nite. He is playing for his hometown fav team and it is turning into a nightmare cus he is being played out of position. Not his fault and he is trying- just not a centerfielder.

BA has to play every game from here on out.

Myrtle72
09-16-2006, 10:16 AM
I'd like to see Gload's bat in there somewhere.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-16-2006, 10:24 AM
I cannot remember a season where I have seen so many opposing hitters pop up to center where I say in my mind- thats an out- only to have it drop in.

That high pop last nite needed to be caught by BA on his feet , not mack diving poorly and turning a routine out into a double that gave them two gift runs and cost us the game.

If ozzie puts mack out there, the ball will find mack. Its just baseball law now. I really feel bad for mack as his frustration was obvious last nite. He is playing for his hometown fav team and it is turning into a nightmare cus he is being played out of position. Not his fault and he is trying- just not a centerfielder.

Sorry White Sox fans but our pigheaded manager thinks otherwise:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-soxnt16.html

Ozzie likes Mackowiak in center

''Right now we have to put the best lineup [on the field],'' Guillen said. ''It's a must-win thing and not just play the game.''

ode to veeck
09-16-2006, 10:27 AM
It's pretty pathetic when Brian Anderson in CF is considered a "lineup shakeup".

jenn2080
09-16-2006, 10:33 AM
It's pretty pathetic when Brian Anderson in CF is considered a "lineup shakeup".

what is more pathetic is that at this point I dont even really know what our official line up is.

DumpJerry
09-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Ozzie, do what you want to do. We aren't catching the Twins or Tigers with any lineup.:angry:

DumpJerry
09-16-2006, 10:36 AM
what is more pathetic is that at this point I dont even really know what our official line up is.
We never had one this year.

jenn2080
09-16-2006, 10:36 AM

hawk i cant agree with you more. i cant stand rob and only because of his lack of defense in center. he has cost us quite a few runs. that dive last night was a web gem dive and for what. he should have caught that ball with no problem. unfortunately i dont think we will be so lucky for ozzie to wake up and smell the coffee and put Brian in from here on out.

HotelWhiteSox
09-16-2006, 10:40 AM
Sorry White Sox fans but our pigheaded manager thinks otherwise:

''Right now we have to put the best lineup [on the field],'' Guillen said. ''It's a must-win thing and not just play the game.''

And from that same link, Mackowiak himself is puzzled that he keeps getting put out there!

''I think I've been a little surprised because I haven't played the greatest defense, and you have to have your best out there at this time of the year, especially center field,'' Mackowiak said. ''I guess we need offense in there too right now.''

jdm2662
09-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Don't get me wrong, if the Sox don't make the playoffs, it will be a team effort. However, there are some things Ozzie CAN control, and yet, he continues throw Mack out in center. Add last night to the ever growing lists of how many plays/game it has costed the Sox. If Ozzie loves Mack so much, put him in left and bench Pods. Then again, I've grown tired of getting disgusted, so why waste my effort?

jdm2662
09-16-2006, 10:47 AM
And from that same link, Mackowiak himself is puzzled that he keeps getting put out there!

That's the most mind boggling factor of them all. I'm not hard on Mackowiak at all. This is all Ozzie's doing. Ozzie, we get it. You don't care for Brian Anderson. However, your stubborness and "teaching" the rookie is only hurting the team.

Martinigirl
09-16-2006, 10:49 AM

I know I complain about Mack, but it isn't his fault. He knows he is horrible out there, and he has to be humiliated everytime he makes a mistake, knowing it really isn't his fault. He isn't qualified to be out there, and therefore he shouldn't be out there. The fault lies with the person sending him out to centerfield.

If we don't make the playoffs, no one will be able to convince me the fault does not lie on the shoulders of Ozzie and his utterly illogical need to place to place Mack in center.

veeter
09-16-2006, 10:54 AM
I'll say what everyone is afraid to say for some reason...Jim Thome sucks right now. He's killing the team and needs to be on the bench. If Frank Thomas had the gift of one infielder playing on his opposite field side for a season, he'd hit .450. Thome's real bad and is a block head to boot.

jenn2080
09-16-2006, 10:59 AM
I'll say what everyone is afraid to say for some reason...Jim Thome sucks right now. He's killing the team and needs to be on the bench. If Frank Thomas had the gift of one infielder playing on his opposite field side for a season, he'd hit .450. Thome's real bad and is a block head to boot.

uh oh:cower: :noevil:

a big bag of **** is about be opened right now. :o: :o: :?:

TomBradley72
09-16-2006, 11:03 AM
and is a block head to boot.

Where's that coming from? He's slumping and is pretty banged up physically...but I don't get where this criticism is coming from.

Martinigirl
09-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Where's that coming from? He's slumping and is pretty banged up physically...but I don't get where this criticism is coming from.

Exactly. He may be struggling at the plate, but he seems like a nice enough man and a valued teammate.

jenn2080
09-16-2006, 11:07 AM
Exactly. He may be struggling at the plate, but he seems like a nice enough man and a valued teammate.

it is coming from the fact that he is slumping. no one cares if he is a great guy when you are at the plate. i have no problem with thome i would just like him to step up a bit right now when we need him

MrX
09-16-2006, 11:07 AM
um, he hasn't been trying to pull the ball at all as of late

veeter
09-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Everyone knows the game is about adjustments,...Thome makes none. He tries to crank every pitch. Just like every bad, little thing Mack does in center is magnified, the fact that Thome can't produce is too. I understand he's a power guy, but would it kill him to try to poke the ball to the left side once an at-bat? The league adjusted to him after a very good first half, but he hasn't adjusted back. Ozzie has fallen into the trap of every manager, he keeps writing his name on the line-up card because the fans think he should. As Hawk would say it's CYA managing. All I'm seeing right now is Thome sucking and Ozzie blaming Anderson.

veeter
09-16-2006, 11:13 AM
um, he hasn't been trying to pull the ball at all as of late
You're right, he hasn't hit the ball lately.

Martinigirl
09-16-2006, 11:16 AM
it is coming from the fact that he is slumping. no one cares if he is a great guy when you are at the plate. i have no problem with thome i would just like him to step up a bit right now when we need him

I think everyone can agree he is slumping but that doesn't mean he is a "Blockhead". That was the comment I was referring to.

chaerulez
09-16-2006, 11:21 AM

I'm sorry putting Mackowiak is not the best lineup you can field. Anderson has been hitting just fine since the all star break and his defense is something you can't measure in a stat sheet. Why does Ozzie hate Anderson all of as sudden? With his misuse of Anderson and McCarthy this season and his unfair tirades at Tracey and Garland, I'm not liking Ozzie very much this season. And if he wants to call someone out in the media, it hasn't been anyone deserving like when the starting ptiching was horrible a couple months ago or he may not like Anderson at the plate but I guess he has no problem with Uribe's .237 average and 13-74 BB-SO ratio.

Whether you believe it or not, Ozzie has directly affected at least a few games due to his managing. All the close games lost where a ball hit into center field dropped that Anderson most likely would have caught or where he's put McCarthy in a late inning pressure situation. And recently he's been putting in Hermanson in close games. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Hermanson's velocity topping out at 85 mph? Wasn't he just pretty much brought up as a courtesy only to be used in mop up or emergency situations? I know it is the players job to get it done on the field, but it's the managers job to put his players in the best position to win.

veeter
09-16-2006, 11:24 AM
I think everyone can agree he is slumping but that doesn't mean he is a "Blockhead". That was the comment I was referring to.Sorry about the politically incorrect term..o.k...he's unwilling to try to take advantage of a defensive allignment, that virtually guarantees a hit if he could only hit it there. Like I said, certain, let's say, other (smart) hitters would probably at least TRY to take advantage.

100 Year Itch
09-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Thome might currently be the easiest out in all of baseball.

High and in, low and in, low and away. Strikeout.

Cuck the Fubs
09-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Sometimes I can't believe what I read on here..........

He's in a slump.........was he a blockhead when he carried us for the 1st half of the season?!?!?

What's coming next, moaning about if we had Frank back we'd be in 1st place?!?!?

baseball is a TEAM sport, a guy slumps, other guys pick him up....

The lousy second half has been a TOTAL TEAM EFFORT.....and Ozzie hasn't helped it.

I will now put my soap box in the dumpster....have a nice day

champagne030
09-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Everyone knows the game is about adjustments,...Thome makes none. He tries to crank every pitch. Just like every bad, little thing Mack does in center is magnified, the fact that Thome can't produce is too. I understand he's a power guy, but would it kill him to try to poke the ball to the left side once an at-bat? The league adjusted to him after a very good first half, but he hasn't adjusted back. Ozzie has fallen into the trap of every manager, he keeps writing his name on the line-up card because the fans think he should. As Hawk would say it's CYA managing. All I'm seeing right now is Thome sucking and Ozzie blaming Anderson.

Then why does the Great Oswaldo keep writing Mack on the lineup card when the fans and anyone who understands anything about the game of baseball KNOWS he shouldn't?

veeter
09-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Sometimes I can't believe what I read on here..........

He's in a slump.........was he a blockhead when he carried us for the 1st half of the season?!?!?

What's coming next, moaning about if we had Frank back we'd be in 1st place?!?!?

baseball is a TEAM sport, a guy slumps, other guys pick him up....

The lousy second half has been a TOTAL TEAM EFFORT.....and Ozzie hasn't helped it.

I will now put my soap box in the dumpster....have a nice dayYea right, Thome carried us the first half. I guess Jermaine(MVP candidate)Dye, PK, and Crede all struggled to career best numbers. Thome was terrific in April, May and against the pathetic NL, the first part of June. Since then, he's been either inconsistent at best, or like now, dreadful. My main point is, he won't find it in his heart to adjust. And that irritates me to no end.

veeter
09-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Then why does the Great Oswaldo keep writing Mack on the lineup card when the fans and anyone who understands anything about the game of baseball KNOWS he shouldn't?All part of his campaign to bash/blame Brian. Then he can say, well, if Anderson would've hit we wouldn't have had to play Mackowiak. KW and Ozzie both told Anderson before the season, just play great D, the hitting will take time. So, Brian did just that and Guillen jumped him anyway. Ozzie has to have a scapegoat. Last year he would snipe at Iguchi, this year Brian. Ozzie doesn't have the balls to blame his pitching staff,(Vasquez remaining in the rotation all year), or the slumping Thome. The more I think about last year, Guillen just might have been the monkey driving the bus.

Frater Perdurabo
09-16-2006, 12:04 PM

I like Ozzie unemployed. :angry:

23Ventura
09-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Then why does the Great Oswaldo keep writing Mack on the lineup card when the fans and anyone who understands anything about the game of baseball KNOWS he shouldn't?
Because if he changes anything, the team will panic.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-16-2006, 12:39 PM
All part of his campaign to bash/blame Brian. Then he can say, well, if Anderson would've hit we wouldn't have had to play Mackowiak. KW and Ozzie both told Anderson before the season, just play great D, the hitting will take time. So, Brian did just that and Guillen jumped him anyway. Ozzie has to have a scapegoat. Last year he would snipe at Iguchi, this year Brian. Ozzie doesn't have the balls to blame his pitching staff,(Vasquez remaining in the rotation all year), or the slumping Thome. The more I think about last year, Guillen just might have been the monkey driving the bus.

Vazquez has been our second best starter since the end of July. Garland is the only one pitching the way he should. The bullpen deserves blame as well.

After September callups, we obtained a marginal backup CFer (Sweeney) yet Ozzie plays neither.

If the White Sox do not claim one of the two playoff spots, you would have to blame the pitching first and foremost but Ozzie's stubborn decision to play a person not capable of fielding an important position deserves part of the blame. The lack of defense in CF has hurt the staff. They have given up more runs and had to waste more pitches (getting 4th and 5th outs) with Mackowiak in CF which leads to the bullpen being called in earlier.

Kenny will need to get another CF on the roster for 2007 to satisfy Ozzie. I really hope we will never see Mackowiak again in CF except for an emergency (i.e. Jermaine Dye playing SS last season in Oakland).

ondafarm
09-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Mack replacing Pods and leading off isn't a bad call. Pods has been hitting in the .230s over the last 30 days. Our lead-off hitter needs to be doing better.
Platooning Mack and Ozuna in left isn't a bad idea either.

I'm not unhappy about Mack playing, I am very unhappy about him playing CF.
He cost us last night's game.

WSox597
09-16-2006, 12:50 PM
I know I complain about Mack, but it isn't his fault. He knows he is horrible out there, and he has to be humiliated everytime he makes a mistake, knowing it really isn't his fault. He isn't qualified to be out there, and therefore he shouldn't be out there. The fault lies with the person sending him out to centerfield.

Dead on, I feel bad for Mack. Here's a home town guy, an above average player, who wanted to play for the Sox. It's a dream come true for most players. Now, enter Ozzie.

Mack will probably get run out of town due to Ozzie's stubborn insistence on playing him out of position. All people will remember is the bad plays, and not who put him out there in the first place. This is Ozzie's fault, plain and simple.

If Ozzie needs a scapegoat, he can pick up a friggin' mirror and he'll have one.

DickAllen72
09-16-2006, 01:10 PM
I'd like to see Gload's bat in there somewhere.
Thank you.

jenn2080
09-16-2006, 01:13 PM
The search function is a dangerous tool!

Crede_Fan
09-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Mack replacing Pods and leading off isn't a bad call. Pods has been hitting in the .230s over the last 30 days. Our lead-off hitter needs to be doing better.

No the fact that we only scored 2 runs cost us the game. Oh and Mack accounted for one of those.

Martinigirl
09-16-2006, 01:20 PM
No the fact that we only scored 2 runs cost us the game. Oh and Mack accounted for one of those.

Mack gave us one run, but gave the A's two. That is hardly a good return on an investment.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Dead on, I feel bad for Mack. Here's a home town guy, an above average player, who wanted to play for the Sox. It's a dream come true for most players. Now, enter Ozzie.

Mack will probably get run out of town due to Ozzie's stubborn insistence on playing him out of position. All people will remember is the bad plays, and not who put him out there in the first place. This is Ozzie's fault, plain and simple.

If Ozzie needs a scapegoat, he can pick up a friggin' mirror and he'll have one.
Can I have some "Amen's"

champagne030
09-16-2006, 01:24 PM

EXACTLY! We all know it. I'm just pissed off that our manager is too stubborn to admit he's made a mistake.

Edit: Not quite exactly....Ozzie cost us the game last night.

JRIG
09-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Thome might currently be the easiest out in all of baseball.

Not with Scott Podsednik still holding down a regular job.

ondafarm
09-16-2006, 01:35 PM

And he gave back more than that in the field.

23Ventura
09-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Can I have some "Amen's"
Amen

HotelWhiteSox
09-16-2006, 02:27 PM
LINEUP

LF- Ozuna
2B- Iguchi
RF- Dye
DH- Thome
1B- Konerko
3B- Crede
SS- Uribe
CF- Anderson
C- Alomar

jenn2080
09-16-2006, 02:57 PM
LINEUP

LF- Ozuna
2B- Iguchi
RF- Dye
DH- Thome
1B- Konerko
3B- Crede
SS- Uribe
CF- Anderson
C- Alomar

well at least we dont have rob in center. we have busted leg sandy though catching. well whatever. keep on keepin on

Flight #24
09-16-2006, 03:20 PM
IMO one of these days Ozzie's going to do something truly crazy and REALLY shake up the lineup. You know - something like playing a 3B with occasional LF experience in CF!

oh wait.....:(:

champagne030
09-16-2006, 03:27 PM
IMO one of these days Ozzie's going to do something truly crazy and REALLY shake up the lineup. You know - something like playing a 3B with occasional LF experience in CF!

oh wait.....:(:

:roflmao: Oh, wait....:puking:

EndemicSox
09-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Where is the "choke" smiley?